• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i would rather keep olimar as a full player tho, not necessarily relying on pikmin ( except for don b move, like peach, except with pikmin)

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Captain Olimar...This is a real man's character. The ideas and possibilities that can be generated for his moveset are mind boggling. Yes, it is.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:well, i wanted it to be fair, like not commanding 100 pikmin on the feild, here how aboyut this...

his standard b move is whistle, which stuns fes is they run into it, but olimar can call u to 5 pikmin to aid him, the pikmin can each take a total of 5 hits before dieing (the little ghost goes up) olimar can attack and jump normally, the pikmin aid in attackng whoeer you ttack, but you need to call them off to save them (like in pikmin) opponents can shake them off by their b moves.

you can't pluck anymore pikmin until all five you currently have, died

throwing a red pikmin results in a small fire on the ground, yellow emits a spark to the nearest opponent, blue creates a wave that deals little damage but produces throwback, purple causes all surrounding opponents to take serious damage and recive tons of throwback, purple causes poison which lasts longer and causes opponents ion the purple cloud too recive damage while in there, and exta damage if attacking

final smash - choice 1 - swarm - an oniion comes onto the screen dropping about 50 pikmin as olimar frantically picks them up, the all turn into flower pikmin which start dealing serious damage to all other charachters, these can also be shaken off but are much harder to, and they need to recive a smash attack or 7 simple attacks to die

- choise 2 - ultra bitter launch - an onion comes and lands on screen and about 6 pikmin pop out, olimar sprays some ultra bitter spray on the opponents (maximum of 3 tries, it has a wide rande though) the pimin go and pick up the people while still petrified and lets he onion suck them up, the onion doesn't recognise the species so it launches it up through the top of the onion, if you have 30 or more damage, you are most likely dead

thats what i have so far, lol:laugh:

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
:laugh:well, i wanted it to be fair, like not commanding 100 pikmin on the feild, here how aboyut this...

his standard b move is whistle, which stuns fes is they run into it, but olimar can call u to 5 pikmin to aid him, the pikmin can each take a total of 5 hits before dieing (the little ghost goes up) olimar can attack and jump normally, the pikmin aid in attackng whoeer you ttack, but you need to call them off to save them (like in pikmin) opponents can shake them off by their b moves.

you can't pluck anymore pikmin until all five you currently have, died

throwing a red pikmin results in a small fire on the ground, yellow emits a spark to the nearest opponent, blue creates a wave that deals little damage but produces throwback, purple causes all surrounding opponents to take serious damage and recive tons of throwback, white causes poison which lasts longer and causes opponents ion the purple cloud too recive damage while in there, and exta damage if attacking

final smash - choice 1 - swarm - an oniion comes onto the screen dropping about 50 pikmin as olimar frantically picks them up, the all turn into flower pikmin which start dealing serious damage to all other charachters, these can also be shaken off but are much harder to, and they need to recive a smash attack or 7 simple attacks to die

- choise 2 - ultra bitter launch - an onion comes and lands on screen and about 6 pikmin pop out, olimar sprays some ultra bitter spray on the opponents (maximum of 3 tries, it has a wide rande though) the pimin go and pick up the people while still petrified and lets he onion suck them up, the onion doesn't recognise the species so it launches it up through the top of the onion, if you have 30 or more damage, you are most likely dead

thats what i have so far, lol:laugh:
fixed that for ya, also I like the most set.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe but to many objects on the screen at once can cause major lag so maybe... the dolphin crashes? or Olimar goes into a giant purple Pikmin machine.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Well you can count me in the 'Olimar with Pikmin' group.

I'm hoping that when he is inevitably released as a PC he has his Pimin following his and acting in the same manner as the Ice Climbers. He easily has the greatest moveset potential in any character in Smash history, except maybe Pokemon Trainer.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i was also thinking it would be awesome to have the dolphin crash for his entrance!

unveiling movie - it shows mario, pikachu, samus, and kirby fighting it out and they all stop and look up and see a falling star, it zooms up and shows olimar in his ship, which is malfunctioning, so he ejects and falls down into the arena, then he does his hilarious eye bulge thing and it says newcomer, olimar, it continues to play and it shows some of his moves, like sonics vid!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Speaking of Olimar, in Pikmin 2, Did that ship ever have a name? I've played through it multiple times and can't find one for it. His first ship was the Dolphin, which was sold, but what of the second?

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
can you imagine what it would be like if sukopon and jigglypuff get in?

you can have the ultimate pink battle.

Jigglypuff VS Kirby VS Sukopon VS Peach

i wouldnt call it beastly more like the battle of the pink beast

i dont know, just thought i would state this fact

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
can you imagine what it would be like if sukopon and jigglypuff get in?

you can have the ultimate pink battle.

Jigglypuff VS Kirby VS Sukopon VS Peach

i wouldnt call it beastly more like the battle of the pink beast

i dont know, just thought i would state this fact
For some reason, that Japanese prediction site thinks Sukapon's chances are extremely high...higher than Takamaru for some reason

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
wow, a little biut random there lol, anyway, i think if any character SHOULD be announced this week, it should be olimar...

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I totally support Olimar being in SSBB. I even created a moveset a few months ago on a different forum. He could make it where he could send Pikmin to attack, just like in the games.

Jengs900

Smash Cadet
I don't feel like skimming through 90 pages, so forgive me if this has already been suggested.

Perhaps you don't control Olimar. Maybe he stands in the background and controls the pikmin horde, PT style. I guess that removes his ability to throw them but who knows, it's a possibility.

Just speculating. :p

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I don't feel like skimming through 90 pages, so forgive me if this has already been suggested.

Perhaps you don't control Olimar. Maybe he stands in the background and controls the pikmin horde, PT style. I guess that removes his ability to throw them but who knows, it's a possibility.

Just speculating. :p
I wouldn't really like that ability twice. Sakurai probably wont use that, as Olimar can fight for himself, and the Pikmin are incredibly weak compared to the average Character.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i totally agree with pluvia, olimar and pikmin in brawl idea rocks in general, but olimar finally can prove that he has more moves then a punch!

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
that would be awesome!

thats what i ws also thinking with louie, have an olimar, louie tagteam, and olimar as the leader, when he dies, louie panicks and runs off the stage, but dealing damage to anyone in his way, lol

the same should be for nana...

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
lol, i know, the only thing that would make it better is making his eyes bulge out like in the game!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I believe Olimar will be revealed on Nov. 16...why? It's Shigeru Miyamoto's birthday. All of this other characters are in smash already so an Olimar confirmation would be right for the job. And I also think Olimar's number icon is 19.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i don't prefer them together either, but if they were thats what i would want lol

wait which one, the screen leaving thing or the combo like ic?

IllidR

Smash Champion
i don't prefer them together either, but if they were thats what i would want lol

wait which one, the screen leaving thing or the combo like ic?
Both. Louie should not be a playable character, he should not be paired with Olimar or seperate. I'd only like him to appear as an alternate costume or Assist Trophy.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
got ya.

i think he will be announced this week, ecays==use a character will be announced sometime this wekk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom