• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
wow you are totally the first person to think of that...
btw i think u mean white pikmen not pink
yeah that's what i meant, and think of what exactly, im not sure what u meant specifically?

Quote:

100 seems like a bit too much. Maybe 15 at max.

good point. But they would still be very easy to kill; think ice climbers meets wire frames on multi-man melee.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i want olimar so badly! he is my favorite character!

also, im new, so hi everyone nice to be a part of the forums here!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Big supporter of Olimar for Brawl, Nintendo need to give their newer IPs (Chibi-Robo + Pikmin) more credit & support. Who knows, the characters may get newfound fandom. Pikmin 3 is very overdue...

If Olimar isn't in Brawl I'll be quite disappointed.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
At first I was anti-Olimar for Brawl.....mainly because I thought he couldnt fight. Then I get this weird image of Olimar controlling Pikmin in the way Gaara from Naruto controls sand and I almost faint lol.

PIKMIN COFFIN!!! lol.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If the only way you can see how a character fights is by referencing Naruto then I don't think you should be so happy.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mainly because most of his fans (Not all but MOST) are like 10 year olds who are well... 10 years old (Thus = usually making stupid comments and not knowing much about what they are talking about).

Or the older versions are usually arrogant *** holes who don't listen to reason...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
The annoying thing is, Naruto isn't for 10 year olds >.<

The west just think anime is for children :/

Anyway, we should prolly get back on topic.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes I know Anime isn't necessarily aimed at children... but doesn't stop Naruto from being like the only one 10 year olds watch.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Naruto's only watched by children in the first place because they somehow allowed western publishers to censor the crap out of it...

I think Olimar's taunt may be his whistle? Who knows, or maybe the *sigh* he makes sometimes.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea I hate it when things get westernized... ruins stuff (Especially Anime when EVERYTHING gets cut out).

His taunt... one could be nodding his head at the screen?

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i was thinking of like when you leave him alone for a while and he does that little hop thing and it says olimar (if you have NO clue what i am talking about, play the game again, it happens eventually, lol)

i am praying and begging for olimar to be in brawl, even if he sucks, he would still be my favorite! pluse, the stage could be awesome! the one that that person drew was great! i think that is olimar ISN"T in (even tho he will be, i have confidence) i really support a hoard of pikmin assist trophie!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Not sure, I havn't seen the censored version, I wait for it to come out on the uncensored boxset. It's not 4Kids, so it's not STUPIDLY bad (i.e., cutting out a scene in Sonic X where people are crying)

Olimar definitely deserves to be in Brawl. If he's not I'll begin to think Nintendo have abandoned Pikmin, & it doesn't deserve that. Also, in Melee there were a few series' that were added as secret characters (G&W, Fire Emblem, etc) so why can't Nintendo add some more new series' to Brawl? Surely the other series' will have enough characters soon (Ridley for Metroid, Krystal for Starfox... just because they sound like they'll make it) so they will have space for new stuff :cry:

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
*SPOILERS* I just got an Idea, for an alterantive costume olimar could use his pikmin form. *end SPOILERS*

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean, PIKMIN form?
Somewhere along the story line (I think its if you die) olimar wakes up as a red pikmin. EDIT: now I rememer, if you reach your time limt and havn't collected all the needed parts for your ship the above happens.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
well you don't see the WHOLe him just the stem if i remeber corrctly

i have never beaten the game...

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I think pikmin is pretty much in, because, he is by far the most wanted active new nintendo franchise newcomer. The others, that have a chance are: Golden Sun, or Custom Robo.

Advance Wars is active but they probably bin it... sadly.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You know there is a new advanced wars?

I hate it when people claim they are fans of something yet know nothing about it...

And Louie as an assist or AT?

Jengs900

Smash Cadet
I would personally love to see Captain Olimar in Brawl. His unique entrance could be his spaceship, and maybe a seperate skin could be Louie. Haha, just speculating. I think he would make a great character.

Florida

イーグランツ
I was thinking on how they could make Captain Olimar a more unique character. Here's an idea I came up with:

Whenever someone plays as Captain Olimar in a match, you are accompanied with an Onion. The Onion is indestructible, so it sort of acts like the Pokémon Trainer (stays in the background). Whenever you kill your opponent(s), a certain amount of seeds come out from the Onion, and land in the ground. After a period of time, you can then stand over the spot where they were planted, and perform your down special move to pluck 'em out.

On stages such as Rumble Falls, where the level is constantly moving, the Onion will just pick up its legs and float on up; like what it does when your rocket launches off in the Pikmin games. As for the Pikmin, well, pluck them out before they get left behind :(

What do you guys think?

EDIT:
Blast, I forgot about the different colored Onions :urg:
Perhaps there could be more than one Onion on a stage at a time? But that might crowd the stage, a little... hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom