• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You guys...seriously. Are you serious? Don't be so simple-minded. Ever played a Pikmin game? He's there in the heat of battle just like the Pikmin. He has to THROW them and whatnot, not to mention that he has his own attacks that he uses in-game. When have you ever done that with Red? Give me a break.

How is it so difficult??? Read the freaking like moveset I just quoted. That is more than plausible and not difficult by any means. Seriously, guys, get your heads out of the dirt...

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
believe me, ive played the pikmin game so many times it shouldnt be hard making a move set, we just got to be a little creative when thinking of an up B move for him. the Dolphin or a jetpack like diddy, just more futuristic. but still a pikmin whip would be beastly

burrito

Smash Lord
Seriously, I can't believe there is still doubt. If they can make Pokemon Trainer into a character, they can definitely make Captain Olimar into a character.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Really, Pkmn Trainer deserved it more than Olimar. But I still like Olimar better.

Oh, and... Up B: Geyser from Pikmin 2.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
wait...if olimar is in...how tiny would he be???? he would have to be miniscule to be able to have a army of pikman folowing him...now that I think about his size issue(in this extreme case it is a issue) I am going to have to go back on supporting him to be a character. he is deffinatly assist trophy material.

IllidR

Smash Champion
wait...if olimar is in...how tiny would he be???? he would have to be miniscule to be able to have a army of pikman folowing him...now that I think about his size issue(in this extreme case it is a issue) I am going to have to go back on supporting him to be a character. he is deffinatly assist trophy material.
Your ignorance amazes me.

For all of those saying "But Olimar would be bad in air" or "his moveset would be difficult to make" have you listened at all? We've linked a plausible moveset. And yes, Olimar does fight, play one of the Pikmin games. But what's that? You've never seen him do aerial attacks in Pikmin games? Well when have you ever seen Link do a jump without running off a ledge or jumping up to grab a ledge in one of his games? Or when have you seen Captain Falcon jump out of his car in F-Zero and do a Falcon Kick? Of course Olimar's moveset would be difficult but we have some great programmers working on the game for a while now, they can pull it off.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
OMG H3 IZ RIGHT OLEEMAR EES 2 SMAWL GAIZ!!

Oh...what's this...

Resize; (n): to change the size of; to make a size more appropriate

Hmm...

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow. It's been a long time since I've been on this thread (darn school). Anyway, GO OLIMAR!! And further proof that size doesn't matter is the fact that in smash bros. they are not the actual characters, rather trophies of the characters that come to life! Thus it is only logical to resize the characters to be similar in size!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Kirby is different... I mean come on its Kirby.

And yhea he cant fight all he does is throw Pikmin's

Zevox

Smash Lord
Kirby is different... I mean come on its Kirby.
Hes no different at all, and you know it. Both are small characters, too small to be put in at their real size and expect to stand up to most other video game characters; but as Nintendo icons both deserve to be in SSB. Kirby got resized to do so. Simple logic says the same can be done with Olimar.

Legloastom said:
And yhea he cant fight all he does is throw Pikmin's
As opposed to Zelda, who only get kidnapped? Or Captain Falcon, who only races cars? Or Mr. Game & Watch, who only plays assorted non-violent minigames? Heck, part of the poor rationality anti-Sonic people had was that he only jumps and rolls, and therefor can't have a good move set, and look what happened there.

Zevox

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Olimar is to small for brawl and if you cant see that then your already long gone now.

And Ralph be quiet.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Jesus Christ I have over 90 posts in this bloody thread, cant you tell a joke especially you ralph you ***.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ I have over 90 posts in this bloody thread, cant you tell a joke especially you ralph you ***.
What?? I'm suppose to follow your post count? I couldn't care less about that, stop actin like everyone is SUPPOSE to get your "jokes".

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its like Jesus saying "There is no God" as a joke and then you flaming him.

Seriously the only way you wouldn't have know I was a supporter is if you just ****ing joined. Now shut your *** trap.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Its like Jesus saying "There is no God" as a joke and then you flaming him.

Seriously the only way you wouldn't have know I was a supporter is if you just ****ing joined. Now shut your *** trap.
Stop acting like your a person that EVERYONE is supposed to know, I don't care who you are, stop coming in here saying these idiotic jokes, like everyone is suppose to know your joking, and if they didn't then "they just joined".

Back to Capt. Olimar please...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
All I'm saying is that if your a regular in THIS thread then you likely know who I am because I post here a lot.

Jesus shutup already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom