• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
lmao! that'd be funny!

the tital dweevil does have a good chance for a boss i guess though!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
This is gay sakurai can't give us clues of olimar being in brawl and not discuss it seriously. We have been gettin some pretty crappy updates . He better be in becuase of the delay. No olimar should nit be with louie or tpikmin he should just pluck them out the ground and use each one for a certain move good assumption egadd mario.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Call me noob but what does that mean?

Also, I wouldn't mind Olimar being low tier, I find thrill in mastering a lower tier character.
I don't think Olimar would be low tier, but he probably wouldn't be a noob friendly character which might make most n00bs consider him to be low tier.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Answering his question, "Tires don exits" was the name of a topic title that explained why some noob thought tiers didn't exist. It's a fad now.

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
IF olimar is in brawl this is how i would picture him...

start of the match. 3... 2... 1... (mean while olimar crash lands with his dolphin space ship)
then you can use his b moves to gain/command his pikmen while his ariels/melee moves are not determined by his pikmen. Olimar only have ONE colour of pikmen (depending on his costume i.e. regular olimar gets red pikmen blue olimar/ louie gets blue pikmen.) his pikmen follow behind him/ jump when he moves/jumps like nana exept they dont atk when they atk and they dont jump off the edge when u jump off the edge. If your pikmen get hit they either get knocked back or die (and have the little pikmen ghosts :p)

I think that would be the most probil and make most sence IF olimar is in brawl

IllidR

Smash Champion
IF olimar is in brawl this is how i would picture him...

start of the match. 3... 2... 1... (mean while olimar crash lands with his dolphin space ship)
then you can use his b moves to gain/command his pikmen while his ariels/melee moves are not determined by his pikmen. Olimar only have ONE colour of pikmen (depending on his costume i.e. regular olimar gets red pikmen blue olimar/ louie gets blue pikmen.) his pikmen follow behind him/ jump when he moves/jumps like nana exept they dont atk when they atk and they dont jump off the edge when u jump off the edge. If your pikmen get hit they either get knocked back or die (and have the little pikmen ghosts :p)

I think that would be the most probil and make most sence IF olimar is in brawl
Only using one kind of Pikmin wouldn't really be giving Olimar the full potential he could have in this game. Plus, then they'd have to make up more Pikmin and that wouldn't be right, purple normal-sized Pikmin ftl.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
Captain Olimar would probably be my 2nd most wanted character. I fully support!

If Olimar was announced tomorrow, it would make these two weeks worth it...
it would make this last MONTH worth it.

Another edit: With Olimar in Brawl (or even if he wasn't), do you think that a Bulborb would be a good assist trophy? He could run around the stage eating and spitting out characters and stepping on them too.

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
Only using one kind of Pikmin wouldn't really be giving Olimar the full potential he could have in this game. Plus, then they'd have to make up more Pikmin and that wouldn't be right, purple normal-sized Pikmin ftl.

if there is different type of colours then it would overcomplicate things... think of peach but all her turnips do somthing different. and a pain to play him i.e. you need to throw a red pikmen to kill a guy but you throw a blue one and it fails... anyway there is no need to overcomplicate things..

ya get wat im sayin?

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Pfft...don't hold your breath.

If Olimar is to be announced it's only because he is a starter.

But if Olimar is unlockable then don't expect him till January/Febuary.

IllidR

Smash Champion
if there is different type of colours then it would overcomplicate things... think of peach but all her turnips do somthing different. and a pain to play him i.e. you need to throw a red pikmen to kill a guy but you throw a blue one and it fails... anyway there is no need to overcomplicate things..

ya get wat im sayin?
So what if things are complicated? Let's just have all characters as squares who can only move left and right, that will keep this simple. Captain Olimar is known for needing to strategically use his Pikmin in his games, i don't see why Brawl is any different. I'm not saying that each Pikmin would do things much differently, different attack power and throwing distance perhaps, not so extreme as to one succeeds and one fails. Check out Vali's moveset on page 34, he gives a good description of the different effects of each of the Pikmin could be. It's not too complicated but it gives an extra something that'd really make Olimar a great character.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i would still like to see him fight for himself and use pikmin for oly like his b moves...

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
haveing the pikmin for b moves still makes him unique, btu them oyou might as well give the space to pikmin! lol

i want standar moves almost strictly to olimar, but its up to the creator.

IllidR

Smash Champion
haveing the pikmin for b moves still makes him unique, btu them oyou might as well give the space to pikmin! lol

i want standar moves almost strictly to olimar, but its up to the creator.
As proposed by Vali on page 34 the Pikmin would surely power up his normal A moves but he could still do them solely by himself. Captain Olimar has the opportunity to be the MOST unique playing style character in this game, if they passed that up it'd be foolish.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
like i said before, as long as he is in, idc! if he is unlockable, i want to unlock him first!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Pfft...don't hold your breath.

If Olimar is to be announced it's only because he is a starter.

But if Olimar is unlockable then don't expect him till January/Febuary.
Says who? We've already seen known unlockables already.

Also, everyone seriously needs to listen to IllidR. Vali's moveset is the best. Pikmin for all moves, and B-moves are basically non-Pikmin or non-attacks...makes him very strategic.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
what! pikmin for all moves, i still think just b moves is the best, or at lease some of olimar should shine through, imo, im not trying to create a fight lol!

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
I think that Pikmin should be B moves- it'd still be unique. It'd be like this.

Olimar runs, jumps, grabs, and punches all on his own. His Down Special Move is Pikmin Pluck, and he gets 1 Pikmin out of the ground. He can do this as much as he wants, until there are 100 Pikmin on the stage. Now, when he moves, Pikmin follow him, covering both sides. If they get near another character, they attack, so with more Pikmin, the other character has to fight harder to get to Olimar. Of course, Pikmin are really light- just 2 or 3% damage will send a Pikmin flying off the stage.

His Standard Special Move is Pikmin Throw, and he just throws the Pikmin closest to him- the longer you hold B, the farther they're thrown.

His Side Special Move is Pikmin March, and all the Pikmin march in whichever direction you order them to.

His Up Special Move is Ultra Bitter Spray, and it solidifies any characters too close for a few seconds, so that Olimar can attack them, and so that he has time to pluck more Pikmin without getting attacked. And in mid-air, spraying Ultra Bitter Spray launches him higher into the air.

His Final Smash is getting into the Dolphin and flying around, much like Pikachu's.

I mean, doesn't the above control scheme just sound natural and unique? Of course, that's probably not what Sora thought of, so I shouldn't get my hopes up...

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
great ideas!

just 10 - 20 pikmin would be fine for me, so that people have some chance of fleeing and such, also so its not so cluttered.

achtung!

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but what about Olimar's size? I know people on GameFAQs were saying Ridley is too big to be in Brawl, but could Olimar be too small? It says on the wikipedia page that Olimar is about the size of a quarter... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Olimar

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love for Captain Olimar to be in there, and I'm sure if Sakurai wanted him in, they could change his size a bit. Just a topic for debate, I suppose.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but what about Olimar's size? I know people on GameFAQs were saying Ridley is too big to be in Brawl, but could Olimar be too small? It says on the wikipedia page that Olimar is about the size of a quarter... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Olimar

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love for Captain Olimar to be in there, and I'm sure if Sakurai wanted him in, they could change his size a bit. Just a topic for debate, I suppose.
It's been the only debate against Olimar, which is weak as hell. Because you'll just phail like all the others trying to argue that reason. Resize. Case closed.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Olimar would be too awkward and ugly for Brawl. No offense, I would just rather see him as an Assist Trophy, but I'm sure he'll be in Brawl as a playable character, sadly...

Florida

イーグランツ
=O

I feel like this thread should be re-done, with a crap load more information on the first post, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom