• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
The trophy means nothing because there were Pikmin trophies in Melee. This is logical fact.

Even though the update means nothing, Olimar still has a significant chance.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
REcently (cough yesterday cough), I seen a picture that almost supports Olimar and almost makes him a shoe in. What picture is this?

See what is circled in red? Ah-ha. A red burborb(lol sp). A enemy from pikmin 1 and 2. Now why would such a common enemy in pikman be a trophy, and not have captain olimar be in brawl. It may not make sence at first, but think about it. IF Captian Olimar would get just a trophy, why would they put such a minor charater as a trophy?

I rest my case.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
The trophy means nothing because there were Pikmin trophies in Melee. This is logical fact.

Even though the update means nothing, Olimar still has a significant chance.

:laugh:Pikmin are VERY important to the game PIKMIN. Now, A minor enemy - how does it desevre a trophy without a charater representing a game?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
:laugh:Pikmin are VERY important to the game PIKMIN. Now, A minor enemy - how does it desevre a trophy without a charater representing a game?
I'm not arguing that Olimar won't be in it, I'm sure he will be. I'm saying a trophy doesn't mean a thing. Look at some of the **** in melee: the TOP SECRET motion sensor bomb? Goldeneye. Minor, minor weapon from that game. I don't see James Bond anywhere in Melee, though.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
I'm not arguing that Olimar won't be in it, I'm sure he will be. I'm saying a trophy doesn't mean a thing. Look at some of the **** in melee: the TOP SECRET motion sensor bomb? Goldeneye. Minor, minor weapon from that game. I don't see James Bond anywhere in Melee, though.

hm........true. But that is why they made it top secret. They COULDNT put James Bond in brawl. They wanted to represent the game for how famous it was on the 64, but they couldnt put bonds in there, nor name the game.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, the Bulborb trophy represents an increased presence. If the Pikmin series gets enemies in as trophies, it LIKELY means there will be more of a presence in Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its not like the MSB was an item in melee or anything... o wait.

Its the fact that if Olimar is just say a trophy then they wouldn't really go to all the trouble of making even more trophy's about enemies in his game or make an *** load of stickers for him... you see?

Xanderous

Smash Lord

Its the fact that if Olimar is just say a trophy then they wouldn't really go to all the trouble of making even more trophy's about enemies in his game or make an *** load of stickers for him... you see?
All I'm saying is that there's always an argument against rampant assumption. Either way, I'm convinced Olimar will be playable, so what's the point in this discussion?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Whats the point of discussion? well... *looks around* dont know if you have noticed but this is a forum.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
This is off topic, but your sig rocks. Death Note for life. :D
Thanks dude, it is indeed, kick a$$.

Well of course it doesn't definitely show he's in the game, only Sakurai can say that. But we can see now that Sakurai is including the Pikmin series into the game as at least a trophy. But if it were only a trophy he'd most likely include a main character as the trophy as he's done with other series that weren't in the game, but he's shown us a smaller character represented as a trophy.. meaning we'll be seeing Pikmin taking some bigger part in this game.

See what I'm saying or am i just rambling on?
Lol, we know this. But if its just a bigger leap in trophies its pretty much not anything important.

Oh, and guys, remember the musicians list? I know this probably been brought up before BUT why would he include a Pikmin musician at all if he's not going to have a pikmin stage in it.

Though he could have got him for his Star Fox music, maybe I'm the one just rambling on XD

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Thanks dude, it is indeed, kick a$$.

Lol, we know this. But if its just a bigger leap in trophies its pretty much not anything important.

Oh, and guys, remember the musicians list? I know this probably been brought up before BUT why would he include a Pikmin musician at all if he's not going to have a pikmin stage in it.

Though he could have got him for his Star Fox music, maybe I'm the one just rambling on XD
You're right! Why include Nobuo Uematsu if we won't get Cloud Strife? It all makes sense now!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Nah, it's cool. Just reminded me of when people went crazy over the list when it first showed up, thinking completely random characters would be in. No offense intended, you're probably right about Olimar.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Nah, it's cool. Just reminded me of when people went crazy over the list when it first showed up, thinking completely random characters would be in. No offense intended, you're probably right about Olimar.
My bad, he's my favorite candidate for brawl, i just WANT it to mean something.

Well, here's to the mindless fanboys being right!

Drake3

Smash Ace

See this is my problem. Everyone here is trying to assume things that Sakurai would do, which is impossible because nobody knows. If he wants to add a million minor characters from Pikmin as trophies without Olimar as a playable, he can do just that.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
See this is my problem. Everyone here is trying to assume things that Sakurai would do, which is impossible because nobody knows. If he wants to add a million minor characters from Pikmin as trophies without Olimar as a playable, he can do just that.
Yeah, he's cool like that.

But really, we don't have to assume he would put him in, because Olimar is just something you can't pass up.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes and if he wants to he could name the game Super smash: Halo... but he isn't.

And speculating is all we can do...

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well of course he can but you see my point now that in Melee Olimar and the Pikmin were the trophies, both important characters. I'm just saying that with the inclusion of a minor enemy as a trophy, it is more likely that the series will get more representation. And this could be a character.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I leave for a day and the posts go crazy. I agree with Illidr and I still think my prediction will be right.
Olimar for brawl.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Brawler on his prediction, it seems pretty accurate. And about the trophy, I don't know what to say. I'll go with IllidR and WiseGuy on this one. Pikmin's getting more reps, which might hint out as a new character.

...You wanna know what would really bug me? If Sakurai ends up tricking us with the Bulborb and Tingle trophies, and it ends up Tingle's in and Olimar's not.

But that would never happen, right?

~Piks

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. They're always leik "lul olimur is waaaaay two smal for smashbros sorry man he aint getten in"

But Olimar can get in because [sparta] THIS IS SMASH BROS[/sparta]

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I have the ultimate argument for Olimar's size not mattering. In the super smash bros. melee and brawl the characters are all trophies that are brought to life (in the first game, yhey were dolls), it is only logical to make all of the characters similar in height because why would somebody have a half-inch high trophy of Olimar? This is the same reason why other characters in the past have been resized (such as Kirby). Olimar for Brawl!!!

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Just imagine if they didnt resize anyone.

RIDLEY VS. OLIMAR

Ridley would just poke Olimar with his toe and he would be out.

Resizing is Olimars best chance at winning

susu_atari

Smash Ace
If there wasn't a playable Pikmin rep, he would have been deconfirmed by now, same as how Samurai Goroh and Deoxys were deconfirmed. Now that we've seen that stuff from Pikmin is included in the game, we aught to get an update deconfirming Captain Olimar if he's not playable. Sakurai's trying not to get people's hopes up too much, I think...

IllidR

Smash Champion
If there wasn't a playable Pikmin rep, he would have been deconfirmed by now, same as how Samurai Goroh and Deoxys were deconfirmed. Now that we've seen that stuff from Pikmin is included in the game, we aught to get an update deconfirming Captain Olimar if he's not playable. Sakurai's trying not to get people's hopes up too much, I think...
Sakurai is a tricky one. Especially messing with Animal Crossing fans' heads a lot. Hopefully he won't put us Captain Olimar fanatics through that same stress. :(

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I just played Halo 3 it was ****ing awesome, it also uses the havok engine just like brawl so I think the graphics will be awesome. Anyways I hope Olimar is revealed soon by himself becuase we are getting all these hints but no olimar, what if they don't put him in!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think, if the rumors are true, if an Animal Crossing rep can get it, Olimar can easily get in, seeing as Pikmin, i THINK, was more well-recieved than Animal Crossing

Olimar for Brawl

EDIT: ah, just read that whole rumor of AC was false. that means Olimar was put in for that rep, so that explains the symbol! they put all the elements in and had a character, but Olimar booted him out cause he's badass like that! CONFIRMED!!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
That Sakurai guy, he's alway's messing with our heads. XD

Anyways, I've made a *cough*"diagram"*cough* to show what I think his size would be.

~Piks lul

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, tall as Kirby sounds right. maybe as big too. see, resizing is not an issue.

when Ridley and Olimar are confirmed, that point should be across to everyone. and if it doesn't, then people are stupid

olimar for brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom