• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious! Wait a minute... HE CAN BE RESIZED!!!! Oh yes, it can happen. Now stop being stoopid...

Sorry, but this is the worst argument against ANYONE. Who cares if hes small, just make him bigger! I don't think anyone would care...
Yes he can be Resized, I was just trying to get a point across.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Anyone else see the Subspace Enemies update? The Aurosos looks suspiciously like a Pikmin creation and it must be picked from the ground as Sakurai said and Brawler pointed out. I hope this is a hint toward Olimar tomorrow. =D

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Shut up!(Hides in shame)

Theory

Friday#1 We got IC a veteran character
Friday#2 We got Snaske a new character
Friday#3 We get C.Falcon a veteran character
Friday #4 We get Captain Olimar a new character
I hope this is the new pattern or something cause
i still want more characters before the games comes out

IllidR

Smash Champion
Shut up!(Hides in shame)

Theory

Friday#1 We got IC a veteran character
Friday#2 We got Snaske a new character
Friday#3 We get C.Falcon a veteran character
Friday #4 We get Captain Olimar a new character
I hope this is the new pattern or something cause
i still want more characters before the games comes out
I wouldn't be angry at all if that's the pattern it turned out to be.

Captain Olimar for Brawl!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Finally, someone gives me credit for a good prediction (IllidR). Olimar will be so inevitable it is pointless to hope for him to get in because he's already in. It would piss me off if I was wrong again though.(GRRR)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Finally, someone gives me credit for a good prediction (IllidR). Olimar will be so inevitable it is pointless to hope for him to get in because he's already in. It would piss me off if I was wrong again though.(GRRR)
Well I wasn't saying you were right. I was just saying if Sakurai did that exact pattern it wouldn't anger me because I'd get my Olimar. =P

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That predictions a little **** because a newcomer would have been likely this week if Wi-Fi wasn't already shown... and you cant predict Sakurai anyway so stop trying.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to predict Sakurai I'm trying to predict his updates. I hope Olimar is announced sometime this month because I really want to see what kind of moveset they will give him and the music they will use all in one day just like snake.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Really sorry for the double post, but today's update gave some good hope to Captain Olimar. While showcasing all of the trophies today Sakurai showed one trophy of a Bulorb (Is that right?)

Well this pretty much tells us that the Pikmin series will be in this game in one way or the other. If i recall the only trophies last game were of Olimar with like three Pikmin and a group of Pikmin. With one of the trophies being a smaller enemy of the game this can lead us to the conclusion that things of more importance to the series will be represented as well, and probably not as just a trophy.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Really sorry for the double post, but today's update gave some good hope to Captain Olimar. While showcasing all of the trophies today Sakurai showed one trophy of a Bulorb (Is that right?)

Well this pretty much tells us that the Pikmin series will be in this game in one way or the other. If i recall the only trophies last game were of Olimar with like three Pikmin and a group of Pikmin. With one of the trophies being a smaller enemy of the game this can lead us to the conclusion that things of more importance to the series will be represented as well, and probably not as just a trophy.
Whoa there. It could just mean that there going all out with the trophies, does not mean at all that Olimar is in there somewhere. Yet, it doesn't HURT his chances, now does it?

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
Here's a question: If Olimar is in Brawl, do you think he will he be available from the beginning, or will he be unlockable?

I think he'll be unlockable, because I think he'll be a really wierd and unique character- I think they'll make his moveset as close to how he acts in the Pikmin series as possible. Meaning that in SSBB, he'll pluck 100 individual Pikmin from the ground and use them to attack other characters. That'd be fun!:lick:

burrito

Smash Lord
If that new Animal Crossing rumor is true, I think we might see a Pikmin stage before we see Captain Olimar. Sakurai might want to create suspense in introducing these new characters.

Here's a question: If Olimar is in Brawl, do you think he will he be available from the beginning, or will he be unlockable?
I think he should be a starter. He is part of a major franchise created by Shigeru Miyamoto that represents the new generation of Nintendo, he deserves to be a starter.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Whoa there. It could just mean that there going all out with the trophies, does not mean at all that Olimar is in there somewhere. Yet, it doesn't HURT his chances, now does it?
Well of course it doesn't definitely show he's in the game, only Sakurai can say that. But we can see now that Sakurai is including the Pikmin series into the game as at least a trophy. But if it were only a trophy he'd most likely include a main character as the trophy as he's done with other series that weren't in the game, but he's shown us a smaller character represented as a trophy.. meaning we'll be seeing Pikmin taking some bigger part in this game.

See what I'm saying or am i just rambling on?

Drake3

Smash Ace
Well of course it doesn't definitely show he's in the game, only Sakurai can say that. But we can see now that Sakurai is including the Pikmin series into the game as at least a trophy. But if it were only a trophy he'd most likely include a main character as the trophy as he's done with other series that weren't in the game, but he's shown us a smaller character represented as a trophy.. meaning we'll be seeing Pikmin taking some bigger part in this game.

See what I'm saying or am i just rambling on?
That's terrible, faulty logic. Why are you making such drastic assumptions from a trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom