• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
captain olimar is tha hizzie man, but I'd rather see Krystal and Little Mac appear before him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I do hope that Olimar becomes a PC, as he deserves it, but I do want to see Pikmin as an AT. I would love to see a swarm of Pikmin attack the nearest character, crawling all over their body while doing so. It would look so cool. :laugh:

Captain Olimar for Brawl!

(Captain Olimar VS Captain Falcon, captain fight) :0

IllidR

Smash Champion
I do hope that Olimar becomes a PC, as he deserves it, but I do want to see Pikmin as an AT. I would love to see a swarm of Pikmin attack the nearest character, crawling all over their body while doing so. It would look so cool. :laugh:

(Captain Olimar VS Captain Falcon, captain fight) :0
Vs. Captain Jack Sparrow? >.>

Pikmin might be good as an AT, but it might get confusing if it's an AT and part of his attack. I think that it should be Louie as an AT and possibly some of the enemies in the game.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if anyone has said this idea yet, but I think he should start out with a set number of pikmin, and each of his attacks use up some. They would replenish at a set rate, and it would be set to where if you spammed moves or drained yourself dry you'd be in trouble. For his recovery, it would do the same, he'd kick off some unfortunate pikmin to get back.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I think you're underestmating the Wii and it's programmers, and the risk woulden't be much, it would be like getting a sheild break, it only happens if you're really dumb, careless, or amazingly unlucky.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No seriously it would be to much having 50 individual Pikmin running around being used up etc...

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
It would be better if her can have 15 field pikmin, but he can pluck an unlimted amount from the ground He should also not have recoil while plucking, but still take damage.

IllidR

Smash Champion
It would be better if her can have 15 field pikmin, but he can pluck an unlimted amount from the ground He shoud also not have recoil while plucking, but still take damage.
I think Vali settled most of those debates with his list, once again page 34. People should refer to that as the "Holy Gospel of Olimar." Make your comments about it and what you feel should be changed with reasoning so we may all preach the same word of Olimar.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I think Olimar will be unlockable through playing story.

Possible storyline:Maybe the pikmin world got sucked into subspace Olimar couldn't deafeat the Prime minister by himself he escaped the planet with some onions following him(pikmin army). He follows the minister until other fighters like Olimar oppose him, then he crashes(or lands highly unlikely) onto the field during a battle against a pikmin boss.
That's my theory.

It still would be cool if he was a starter.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I think Olimar will be unlockable through playing story.

Possible storyline:Maybe the pikmin world got sucked into subspace Olimar coulsn't deafeat the Prime minister by himself he escaped the planet with some onions following him(pikmin army). He follows the minister until other fighters like Olimar oppose him, then he crashes(or lands highly unlikely) onto the field during a battle against a pikmin boss.
That's my theory.
I don't know why but I can imagine Olimar meeting the cast of SSBB when they crashland on his planet. And then afterwards you get one fight as Olimar to take down a boss and the planet is destroyed. Olimar unlocked!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
huh I don't understand you plz explain so I can give you an answer. Froget it I understand. First, Olimar all ready lost the fight on the pikmin planet. Second, he crashlands on the smashbros world to make a cool entrance. Third, all current playable characters in story automatically fail to defeat pikmin boss, then Olimar knowing the creature and it's weaknesses defeats him and is playable through out the story.

IllidR

Smash Champion
huh I don't understand you plz explain so I can give you an answer. Froget it I understand. First, Olimar all ready lost the fight on the pikmin planet. Second, he crashlands on the smashbros world to make a cool entrance. Third, all current playable characters in story automatically fail to defeat pikmin boss, then Olimar knowing the creature and it's weaknesses defeats him and is playable through out the story.

I'm saying that they would crash land on his planet he's colonizing with the Pikmin instead of vice-versa. This way, the Brawl team tries to take on a Pikmin boss and fails but then only Olimar can defeat it. However, although the Brawl team crashlanded on Olimar's planet, the Ancient Minister was already tailing them and follows them to Olimar's planet. And afterwards lays down a subspace bomb.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Oh but why would the brawl team crashland on his planet minister didn't even finish sucking up smash world's planet yet, just the stadium. Oh and the minister saw a pikmin creature tamed it, thus making it a boss released into the smash world, that would lead to a commitee of bosses under minister's control.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Olimar would be on his planet when one of the Smash team comes (Link and Yoshi!) and tell him what is happening so they all go through the Pikmin planet saving the Pikmin and escape er... somehow (Maybe the ship Link and Yoshi used to get there?).

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I just read the page 34 MS you refered to. It's very...well...unique lol
That's almost too much to understand and get the feel of it through just explaining. I have some thoughts on my own MS. It's simpler but still very unique and Olimar worthy.
I'll use his format though, maybe a couple of his ideas too :p

Weight: 2
Size: 1.5
Strength: 3
Speed: 3.5
Reach: 2.5

All A attacks have an addition 1% per Pikmin. Yellow are thrown further but give 1 less %. Red give 2 more % but go less distance. Purple give 1 % more and more knockback. White stun alot but give 1 less % and blue are average.

_A - Punch - 1%
_AA - Double punch - 1%
_AAA - None, this works much like Jiggs but even less knockback but quicker
_A> tilt - Push Kick - 5% as it's just a pushing kick, quite a bit of knockback, each Pikmin moves slightly further ahead to kick than the last
_A^ tilt - Headbutt - 10%, medium knockback, too stong to use multiple times but good for setting up an air approach.
_Av tilt - Trip - Possibly one of his best for both defensive and offensive reasons. Sticks one foot out and pulls it in. Very short range but 12% (works just like Ness but more knockback, roughly two hits and the targets pushed too far)
_A>Smash - Double Fist - A good finisher and good for edgeguarding. It's almost a spike but this move has alot of lag. Olimar spins stepping forward and punches with both hands in a side-swipe in front of him. Each Pikmin follows in a tight row and each one is slightly further ahead than the last. 12% initially, mid-high knockback but hits target straight with no rise.
_A^Smash - Headwham - Olimar does a hop and Headbutts the air. If his head strikes, 14% and mid-high knockback, if his atenae (and flowers) contact, 10%, low knockback.
_AvSmash - Spin - Olimar spins as he lowers to the ground and sticks his feet out in front of him. He lays on his back and spins about 4 times. It can hit for 6% 4 times. Once hit with one, it can't be avoided. They are thrown out at a very low angle with medium knockback after the last hit. The hitbox is always larger on the side that his feet are facing. There is slight lag.
_Nair - Spins twice - 3% each hit with medium knockback. 2 hits total
_Bair - Quick Fister - This has absolutely no wind up and pretty much no lag. It's a quick lean back and jab with one arm. It's very quick. 4% mid-low knockback.
_Uair - Drill Antenae - shakes his head backward then forward once. It hits twice for 4% each, low knockback.
_Dair - 3 Kick - He does three step-like movements as if he were walking. Each one hits downward with mid knockback, 3% each
_Fair - Sumersault - Does and sumersault and spikes wigh his helmet. 6% medium knockback meteor
Dash A - Olimar moves quickly ahead and headbutts standing up. 4% mid knockback.

B moves

_B - Whistle (I'll call it that too :) ) - This has slight wind up and can be charged. He wistles and controls where the whstle ray goes during the wind up. If someone is caught in the ray, they are stunned (broken sheild) for a second. When fully charged, they're stunned for 3 seconds. He whistles for 1.5 seconds when full. During the whistling he can press Down and this will trigger the Pikmin to go to that area and attack. If there is a platform above him and he whistles, the ray leads to that platform and below. The whistle can be moved around Bowsers fire in range.
_B> - Pikmin Launch - He throws his nearest Pikmin and it flies similar to a Skull Bash but it doesn't stop and continues to fall until it hits the ground (or dies when thrown off the edge). It's a steeper angle, 30%. They go further but at a steeper angle when it's smashed. When a Pikmin strikes on the way up - 6%, mid knockback. Smashed - 8%, high knockback. On the way down - 4% low knockback. Smashed - 6% mid knockback. The direction can be controlled only a little. When he isn't in range of a Pikmin or doesn't have one available (which is rare), he lunges forward slighlty then dives with his head after the throwing motion. 3% and low knockback.
_B^ - Pikmin Chain (really fun move :p ) - Olimar throws the first Pikmin up but doesn't let go of its flower. That Pikmin pulls the others and they form a direct chain where Olimar throws them (any direction). Olimar is then launched through the line (imovable because he is guarded by the Pikmin) and out the last in row. As he passes a Pikmin, the Pikmin is released in a random direction (many Pikmin die because of this but many just pop up slightly and recover). Olimar is lit on fire as if he were entering the atmosphere (with his head :psycho: and he continues in a similar lob as his Pikmin Launch. When there are more Pikmin, he goes further (obviously). Just a slight hop when he's solo, so it's best to use the PL for more horizontal coverage. While the Chain is forming and someone touches it, they are hit for 2% and low knockback.
_Bv - Pick - Picks a Pikmin (what do you know!) He pulls a Pikmin out of the ground by a flower. He can pull one Pikmin out per second and has a maximum of ten. He starts with one of each (5 total) and pulls them out R-Y-B-W-P. When a Pikmin is alone, it will walk towards Olimar but if it approaches someone along the way it attacks. 1% hits with low knockback is all it will do.

_Grab: He grabs and Headbutts them, the Pikmin don't move until he realeses or throws them. They will stand beside him for orders and give 1% headbutts with no knockback. Olimars throws have mid knockback and give roughly 2% (very weak)

Final Smash: His ship flies above the stage (Mainly out of reach) and pulls him up to it, The Pikmins pods hover and 100 Pikmin fall down to the stage. The Pikmin attack everything!!!!!

There you go, I like Olimar :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah... Besides, in the end, it's who Sakurai chooses, not exactly who these character prediction have in them. Wiseguy didn't expect IC's to return, but guess what happened on Friday?

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Yeah... Besides, in the end, it's who Sakurai chooses, not exactly who these character prediction have in them. Wiseguy didn't expect IC's to return, but guess what happened on Friday?
Ah. Good check there. Olimar is the only character I'm positive will be in. He's a Nintendo First Party, made by Miyamoto. All first party Miyamoto mains are already in Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wouldn't be positive he's in either, honestly.

I mean, yes, he's very likely... but that doesn't mean he will be in. I know it'd be weird to have Meta Knight and not King Dedede (in fact, I'd be mad about that, honestly.) However, he was supposed to be in the original SSB, but he couldn't get him worked out, right? Well why wasn't he in Melee? :ohwell:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
The only reason Dedede won't be in Brawl is if Sakurai is modest. But that would just be stupid to not put in the top requested character just, because of modesty.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
I really hope Olimar makes the cut. Always loved the Pikmin franchise and Olimar would certainly rank up amongst one of the more interesting Brawlers.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Olimar really deserves a spot because he is the protagonist of pikmin and he is the most unique character that is new I've seen so far from nintendo.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Only character I'm positive is in? Dedede.
I'm positive about:

-King Dedede: Anyone who doubts him...well no one doubts him to begin with, really.

-Lucario: The first real SOLE icon of a Pokémon generation since forever. [or Pikachu, though argualbly Deoxys, RAyquaza, Blazekein, Pichu, Suicuine, Ho-oh, and Lugia in the 3rd/2nd gen]. Plus Munchlax confirms 4th gen Pokémon in BRAWL, and I even placed a bet on Lucario. Ya, I'm that confident! :)

-Ridley: Nuff said. The only 4 series repped in Brawl to have better sales have their villians and 2nd most important character as a PC [minus DK, since K. Rool's status is unknown], and Ridley is pretty much the most desired non-3rd party character left IMO. He probably is the most desired 1st/2nd party character, definitely.

-Krystal: Nuff' said.

Then follows Olimar, Miis, Midna, etc.

Olimar really deserves a spot because he is the protagonist of pikmin and he is the most unique character that is new I've seen so far from nintendo.
^ Nuff said, though I still think IC will remain the most original characters in my mind, beign the first, and hopefully only duo.

And you guys can't stop bringing up Wiseguy. He's like the most talked about person on the SWF since Dylan Tnga and McFox now, lol! :laugh: *please don't comment further on this, other then lol or something=not trying to start something*

@ WoodyWiggins
YAE for FUZZY PICKLES! :ness:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom