• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I can't remember whether i've replied to this thread or not, so i'll just pretend i haven't.

I really, REALLY want Olimar to get in this game. I personally think that he'd make such an incredible character to play as. Obviously all his B attacks would involve Pikmin in someway, seeing as he doesn't do that much fighting in the Pikmin games, and his other attacks could be him

I love the Pikmin games, so him getting in would be amazing. AMAZING. I know there's only two games in the series, but i can't see how they could leave out such a good opportunity for a unique character. Besides, if there aren't plans for a Wii Pikmin (imagine the Wii remote functions!) his inclusion could possibly kickstart it.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i really hope olimar makes it, but i also wouldnt be surprised if we were messed with with the update of an assist trophy pikimin. if there is, i still wouldn't count omar out. he could still very well be in the game and have pikmin at his side reguardless of the assist trophy. then when the pikmin AT is activated, what if olimar could haul them in and add them to his team with a blow of his whistle? idk if this has been suggested or not..if so oh well but if not just something to think about

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If (God forbid) Olimar wasn't in then there would still likely be a stage for Pikmin i would say he would walk around in the BG and from time to time throw Pikmin at you.

IllidR

Smash Champion
If (God forbid) Olimar wasn't in then there would still likely be a stage for Pikmin i would say he would walk around in the BG and from time to time throw Pikmin at you.
Why must you speak of such blasphemies! I am telling you, there really is no chance that he won't appear in Brawl. If i am wrong, strike me dead for Sakurai has let me down. And a Pikmin stage i can only imagine what they'd do.. There's so many different possibilites of what they could do.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar will be in miyamoto will demand sakurai if he isn't
Man.. I don't know if Miyamoto is the kind of man who will demand stuff like that. Kind of reminds me of a certain dictator.

[Picture Removed.. Thought too many wouldn't take it the right way.]

Sorry if this offends and of you Olimar fans. :urg: Captain Olimar for Brawl!

IllidR

Smash Champion
Let me guess. It was either Musollini, Hitler, ot **** Cheney. Was I right?
It was Hitler with Miyamoto's face in front of his army... lots of Nazi flags.

Anywho.. Can anyone who's good at designing stages possible create one for Olimar either using screenshots from the game or their awesome paint skills? Captain Olimar for Brawl!

IllidR

Smash Champion
Captain Olimar. One of my favorite games (Pikmin) and Brawl = YES!
I think you meants two of your favorite games (Pikmin + Pikmin 2). But I'll forgive you because you're an Olimar fan. ;) Anyway i started playing Pikmin 2 again recently and i realised how much i love that game, and I knew i loved it before.

Captain Olimar for Brawl!

Rohou

Smash Rookie
I really should've gotten Pikmin 2....
And maybe finished Pikmin 1 (was 2 better, worse or the same as 1?)

But anyway, Olimar for Brawl

IllidR

Smash Champion
I really should've gotten Pikmin 2....
And maybe finished Pikmin 1 (was 2 better, worse or the same as 1?)

But anyway, Olimar for Brawl
I'm not sure.. they were both great. I definitely played more of Pikmin 2 than the original. In 2 they added in some new features: The ability to change between two characters, Louie and Olimar, giving you the chance to hold two armies of Pikmin to do seperate tasks. Two new kinds of Pikmin other than the originals, Purple and White. Purple are bulky Pikmin with the strength of 10 Pikmin and the weight of them. White Pikmin are bug eyed scary Pikmin which are resilient to poison. Both the Purple and White were able to be obtained with regular gathering of Pikmin coins but you'd have to sacrifice the Pikmin you already had and throw them into a color flower to change them into Purple or White, 5 for each flower. It also, with the addition of Louie, gave the option to have multiplayer, either cooperative or against each other. It was definitely a good game and well worth it.

Captain Olimar for Brawl!

Rohou

Smash Rookie
Sweet, maybe I will buy when it is 20 dollars...

Sweet emo-peter banner btw...

IllidR

Smash Champion
Sweet, maybe I will buy when it is 20 dollars...

Sweet emo-peter banner btw...
Well I don't know the price atm. :ohwell: But thanks about the sig comment.

Captain Olimar for Brawl! (I hope he's announced soon)

Just a bit of news. Recently with other Trademarks Nintendo renewed their Pikmin trademark... could this mean possibilities of a new game/in Brawl?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=171368

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well they wouldn't exactly want their trade mark to be out of date or something.

Then i would buy it XD

blinkd

Smash Cadet
I think putting him in would definitely be a smart move for Sakurai. Olimar would be one of the most original things to ever hit the game.

OLIMAR 4 BRAWL

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and who was working on project hammer?

(Wasn't there supposed to be a Nintendo event today or something?)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I see him as more of a starter TBH and Sakurai did say he would reveal unlockables on the Dojo

IllidR

Smash Champion
I see him as more of a starter TBH and Sakurai did say he would reveal unlockables on the Dojo
Ehh, he just seems like a WTF character in the game even though so many people know he'll be in one way or another. And when did he say he'd reveal unlockables? I just think if he was to reveal Olimar it wouldn't be until late.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i would think he would reveal him later on... but he isn't really a WTF character just more of a unique character.

WTF character IMO = Wario, Mr.GAW

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yhea i would think he would reveal him later on... but he isn't really a WTF character just more of a unique character.

WTF character IMO = Wario, Mr.GAW
Nahh... i guess i'm wrong though. Best WTF character description would have to be a person who's unexpected to be in the game, and is most likely the last unlockable. A.K.A. Ness and Mr. GAW in the first two games, but they wouldn't be WTF characters in this game. And yes, very unique. Captain Olimar for Brawl!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea actually your description is better like Snake XD or balloon fighter.

But he could work like PT as well... id rather him not though.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I really want a Pikmin update. But, I'm sure it's being well hidden from sometime soon. But I still wanna see it. I'd be happy with a stage-only update like Animal Crossing or just an item or something that is Pikmin-related.

This game needs more Olimar/Pikmin.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I really want a Pikmin update. But, I'm sure it's being well hidden from sometime soon. But I still wanna see it. I'd be happy with a stage-only update like Animal Crossing or just an item or something that is Pikmin-related.

This game needs more Olimar/Pikmin.
Olimar will be in, if he's not.. hell will be raised. I don't see anyone more deserving. And yes, this week was really bad so far so if they give us a Pikmin update it'll make up for it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*stunned for several seconds...*

Hey... grim i got banned while you where gone : P

Anyways yhea they might pull an AC on us and reveal the stuff before the character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Olimar will be in, if he's not.. hell will be raised. I don't see anyone more deserving. And yes, this week was really bad so far so if they give us a Pikmin update it'll make up for it.
Heck, I'd settle for a Pikmin song at this point. :p

*stunned for several seconds...*

Hey... grim i got banned while you where gone : P

Anyways yhea they might pull an AC on us and reveal the stuff before the character.
Somehow that doesn't surprise me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom