• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali

Smash Ace
Oh the irony.

Olimar is made of win. He better be in it.
I'd stop dead in my tracks if something with a huge monobrow and no eyes was staring directly at me. I was being satircal though. Glad you got it :grin:.

Olimar isn't made of win. He's made of pure win and rainbows. It's good to see some moresupport though =].

@Brawler12

No thanks.

@IllidR

If they're going to sacrifice themselves they should at least do it properly. I say give them the ability to swallow bomb-rocks and then feign death, attracted lots of enemies and then blowing themselves to smithereens. That'd be more than 1 for the team, that'd be like 7. However I don't really like the idea of a sacrifice Pikmin, because I hate it when they die. Give them the ability to create strong gusts of wind and able to withstand strong gusts of wind instead.

Plus stop being so quick with replies so that you've already quoted me before I can finish adding in stuff with hasty ninja-edits! ^^

Olimar for Brawl!

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
The green pikmin idea sounds reasonable. I always get freaked out by big creatures, so they would help a lot. But would the green pikmin just get eaten?

And I'm assuming the black pikmin are a joke.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar isn't made of win. He's made of pure win and rainbows. It's good to see some moresupport though =].
That is a quote of the ages right there. Captain Olimar for Brawl!

AAbatterie said:
The green pikmin idea sounds reasonable. I always get freaked out by big creatures, so they would help a lot. But would the green pikmin just get eaten?

And I'm assuming the black pikmin are a joke.
Ya i was thinking they would most likely be eaten in order so you could pass or your Pikmin could use him as a decoy and attack him from behind to save the Greeny. And the Black one was all serious most likely from the poster, a joke to everyone else though :p

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
waht ever happened 2 bulborb pikmin???
also your such a racisist i have half a mind to stop helpin u save me
from deuce bigalow european gigalow

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What are you talking about?

Anyways in the next Pikmin game do you think they will explore multiple planets or just stay on the one?

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
possible that they will use pikmin to help with deleveries to multiple planets because of louies failuer it will be like a security boost what cant u make pikmin do??

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just imagining Captain Olimar in Brawl makes me excited! :) Seriously, we need someone to doubt Olimar, and me give out good points. That is wat happened at the Diddy Kong thread the eve of his confirmation. That would seriously rock! :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
There are so many good points for why Olimar should be in Brawl but the thing is NONE of them matter in light of one simple point...

Miyamoto (Likely) wants him in.

(And that Video of Diddy is just turning into a Vid file... finally got the music)

IllidR

Smash Champion
There are so many good points for why Olimar should be in Brawl but the thing is NONE of them matter in light of one simple point...

Miyamoto (Likely) wants him in.

(And that Video of Diddy is just turning into a Vid file... finally got the music)
What good points have you seen against him? All I've seen are:

"Lawl, but he r too smallz!"
or
"But i don't likez him, he'z totaly gay."

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Another good point is "Lolz Olimar is getting shot im such a ****** that im going to make this my sig!"

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Brawl is lacking in the vertically challenged, plant controlling, straight pimping spaceman aspect.

Thats why we need Olimar.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Does anyone else thing we won't see Captain Olimar in a Dojo update? He just seems like the type of character that would be unlockable.. fitting for a WTF character.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
nah i think in the next story update we will see olimar crash in the halberg wit him inside his dolphin and pikmin inside onions stealing items for money
olimar for brawl

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cute for them to give Olimar an entrance animation of somehow growing from being really tiny, like with a growing ray or something. That way it would get rid of the dissenters that complain that Olimar would be too small.

Besides, Bowser used to be huge, and kirby and pikachu would normally be smaller, too. Therefore, I think they can also stretch it with Olimar's size, especially if they also have a Pikmin stage where all the scenery and obstacles are gigantic, so as to make the fighters look tiny in comparison.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't wanna see Olimar in Smash, but seeing some of the lame characters they have added to the Brawl roster already, well, we'll most likely see him whether we like it or not.

Seriously, don't be surprised when he gets confirmed......

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
that is a good idea a stage should be place where u fight the spider with machine gun all of the element obstacles r there and every now and then he shoots at characters

IllidR

Smash Champion
I think it would be cute for them to give Olimar an entrance animation of somehow growing from being really tiny, like with a growing ray or something. That way it would get rid of the dissenters that complain that Olimar would be too small.

Besides, Bowser used to be huge, and kirby and pikachu would normally be smaller, too. Therefore, I think they can also stretch it with Olimar's size, especially if they also have a Pikmin stage where all the scenery and obstacles are gigantic, so as to make the fighters look tiny in comparison.
I'd rather him fly down in his Space ship, or crash land to the stage. Also if his moveset is like Vali's proposed the Pikmin he starts with could come down in their designated colored ships next to him.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Do characters still makes entrances like that? I know they do in SSB64 but I don't recall in Melee. Actually, I know they don't make crazy entrances in Melee. Yeah they should bring that back. And have Olimar come with in his ship like you said.

And what about Louie? Should he be an assist trophy?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Do characters still makes entrances like that? I know they do in SSB64 but I don't recall in Melee. Actually, I know they don't make crazy entrances in Melee. Yeah they should bring that back. And have Olimar come with in his ship like you said.

And what about Louie? Should he be an assist trophy?
Ya, alot of people are hoping for the character entrances to make an appearance again in Brawl.. I'm kind of iffy on Louie. I kind of don't want him to be in Brawl, but an assist trophy of him would be cool.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
One thing that I've noticed (kind of off-topic) is that every series that Miyatomo makes, successful or not, winds up in Smash Bros. Of course Mario, Link, Fox, DK would all be in, because they are successful franchises. But with the Devil assist trophy, it would seem that Sakurai is paying some serious homage to the master (The series that the Devil is from was made by Miyatomo). Guess what the only Miyatomo series that hasn't been revealed in Brawl yet is?

Pikmin.

Olimar has way too cool of a moveset to be left out or made an AT.

IllidR

Smash Champion
One thing that I've noticed (kind of off-topic) is that every series that Miyatomo makes, successful or not, winds up in Smash Bros. Of course Mario, Link, Fox, DK would all be in, because they are successful franchises. But with the Devil assist trophy, it would seem that Sakurai is paying some serious homage to the master (The series that the Devil is from was made by Miyatomo). Guess what the only Miyatomo series that hasn't been revealed in Brawl yet is?

Pikmin.

Olimar has way too cool of a moveset to be left out or made an AT.
You're **** right. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll be left out, not just because of Miyamoto's influence, but because the general public really wants him in. I plan to main Olimar if Black Knight is not included so..CAPTAIN OLIMAR FOR BRAWL!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
i say pikmin is like halo its the newest game and most succesful so far olimar will be in brawl and he will pwn ppl just love him 2 much for him not to be in brawl

Legolastom

Smash Hero
: p it isn't THAT successful its a bit spastic comparing it to Halo but whatever (Not like i like Halo at all...).

But Devil worlds was one of his 1st games as well so lets hope for Louie as an AT or something.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
its just a comparison both games came out when gamecube and xbox came out then around 2004 maybe pikmin 3 will come same time as halo 3 and its also an exagerration
olimar for brawl

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So Pikmin three will come out like next month or something? i didn't know that.

I wish they made a Pikmin DS as well that would be sweet with wi-fi co-op and loads of extra features.

IllidR

Smash Champion
So Pikmin three will come out like next month or something? i didn't know that.

I wish they made a Pikmin DS as well that would be sweet with wi-fi co-op and loads of extra features.
A Pikmin DS and a Pikmin 3 for Wii would both be great consoles to have a new game. It involves a lot of point and click (Wii-mote and Stylus) and online wi-fi capabilities for cooperative.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Not to mention it could make use of the link up to er... do something Pikmin'y er... or something.

But it would be great if they add more of a story and maybe even make a few towns because we ALL!!! love towns ; )

IllidR

Smash Champion
Not to mention it could make use of the link up to er... do something Pikmin'y er... or something.

But it would be great if they add more of a story and maybe even make a few towns because we ALL!!! love towns ; )
I always wanted for them to put in some kind of verse mode. Pikmin armies go against each other head to head with Olimar leading!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
this is war n also its an expression no1 knows when pikmin 3 will come ouy n there should be pikmin ds wif-fi pwnage around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom