• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yo Unconfirmed C.Falcon thread I skimmed / read all the pages...depending if that's good or not but moving on!

I like most of the past ideas of change, keeping the same, and bringing back to the Cap some old goods. Since most of us want basically the same things consisting of Melee Falcon's Knee of Justice (cream?), Nipple Spike, & other returning factors like Smash64 FalconPAUNCH (watched a lot of Smash64 Falcon TAS videos) as well as many other factors. But I just wanna say that I'm bummed for how late the arrival of our Savior has waited to reveal himself, but deep down I'm still hyped for his return, I got insta-hyped from signing that petition for F-Zero WiiU from @Pacack 's post and gonna help spread that hotness for his wishes. For Missourian pride it overjoys me to hear his phrase, and ask you all to do the same. Show-me your moves! :

Things I want for :falconmelee: to reclaim are basically what the general :falconmelee: community wants as well. However playing :falcon:(brawl) despite being at his worst performance over all (damn you Rick Wheeler), I admired the small things and gimmicks about him like Raptor boost being able to boost slide across up-hill slants for huuuuge distance and Raptor Boost's snap-ledge aka Raptor Grabbing. Falcon kick in the air used at all guaranteed was from Uairs to footstooling > Falcon Kick follow-up for nice % rack up along with Falcon Kick ending cancel near ledges for drop-off aerials etc.

Basically all-in-all, I want :falcon64: to combo his aerials and / or throws much like 64 with proper balance, have the aerial presence / mobility with his moves that resembles :falconmelee:from Melee/Project M to make him a approaching threat, and the advanced techniques / gimmicks that were shown to mix-up and make:falcon: more unpredictable (? Idk I got nothing...). Less traction from his brawl version with keeping his first Nair's hit-box into landing grabs /Falcon Dive along with Melee Falcon's Falcon Kick jump refresh. As for palette appearances I'd like red Falcon's bonus alternate costume to be Blood Falcon with his skulls, back emblem, boots, scarf etc. (much like Wario in brawl having two red costumes, biker and classic) for the sake of the fans to play as either Falcon despite no move-set change (or is there?) along with his Densetsu look or his pure GX character model without the scarf. Last Idea for the 12 different variations of specials in Sm4sh C.Falcon could do a pseudo-Raptor boost stepping back and charging forward but with a Falcon Punch to lunge forward...Idk. And for now that's about it, signing off with heart-warming words from F-Zero GX's F-zero TV announcer within my signature:

v
v

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Holy Moly I'm scared of what happens to the characters faces after a Falcon Punch

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all agree that his final smash should be changed and it should incorporate Toriko.

Falcon Kugi Punch!!! - Toriko's intimidation appears over Captain Falcon stunning all enemies for a few seconds allowing Captain Falcon to connect a Falcon Punch to the opponent of his choice. This Falcon Punch turns out to be a Falcon Kugi Punch!!! though.

Think this but every hit being a Falcon Punch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxF7gDRE0g
I doubt most people even know who Toriko is.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
out of left field here
but after seeing some character design adjustments/the graphical upscales, i feel like Falcon could do for a couple visual upgrades. For example, I don't see the usage of the shoulderpad.. it just looks out of place. And someone please answer me, what the heck are the things on his forearms supposed to be? some extension of his glove? half the time it looks like its supposed to be his arm. I also really hope they make the top of his jumpsuit make more physical sense. And maybe make his physique more realistic/averaged out ala Ike (though this could contribute to graphical upgrades as well)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Idk who this Toriko is which, my ignorance screams "idc who that is because F-Zero never mentioned him/her they must not be that important".
But take a look at this:

Seen it right? someone mentioned this already & I already knew when playing Melee Falcon but his shoulder plate is on his left shoulder as the other 2 on their respected right shoulder. Now take a look at this:troll:

Melee Falcon was actually Rick Wheeler. We've lived a lie for so long. Rick Wheeler > Bart

Edit: @ LightningVance LightningVance Those I would say are fore-arm arm guards that's apart of his Flight-suit / Body armor. Practically everywhere that's blue on his body is armor. Also that 'shoulderpad' isn't a shoulderpad since it's not a fabric of any sort, it's actually a pauldron, which is plate armor baby! Totally useful:shades:. That's what makes his Dash-attack in all the smash games hurt!

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I think Falcon should have a trail of fire coming out all his attacks in the new game not only to buff up the damage but also give better range and a burn effect to his attacks

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think Falcon should have a trail of fire coming out all his attacks in the new game not only to buff up the damage but also give better range and a burn effect to his attacks
I also think that if you charge moves, the fire increases in size. It would be for just visuals but Falcon needs some Flare to go with the Electric Flame Knee of JustIceCream:shades:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I guess that would be fine and quick question who's the announced Veteran you are going to Main and the other veteran you are disappointed with? for me I'm going to pick up and Main Sheik again while I'm really sad my Princess (Zelda) is horrible yet again...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I guess that would be fine and quick question who's the announced Veteran you are going to Main and the other veteran you are disappointed with? for me I'm going to pick up and Main Sheik again while I'm really sad my Princess (Zelda) is horrible yet again...
Uhm...being off-topic but humoring I guess the veteran(s) I'm going to main are Lucario (Gonna be broken in doubles I guarantee you) Maybe Charizard but not really. . . waiting for that grass type. So yeah

Edit: Disappointed veteran I would say for me is no one. I had no disappointment with any veteran to date so far.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Captain Falcon is definitely returning! And why the hell shouldn't he? He's a great character, hasn't missed one Super Smash Bros. game and his falcon punch was made famous by this series. It must continue! O.O #FalconPunch

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all agree that his final smash should be changed and it should incorporate Toriko.

Falcon Kugi Punch!!! - Toriko's intimidation appears over Captain Falcon stunning all enemies for a few seconds allowing Captain Falcon to connect a Falcon Punch to the opponent of his choice. This Falcon Punch turns out to be a Falcon Kugi Punch!!! though.

Think this but every hit being a Falcon Punch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxF7gDRE0g
I doubt most people even know who Toriko is.
Isn't Toriko that Blue Haired Anime wolf Person thing?
He kinda looks like a wolf.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
out of left field here
but after seeing some character design adjustments/the graphical upscales, i feel like Falcon could do for a couple visual upgrades. For example, I don't see the usage of the shoulderpad.. it just looks out of place. And someone please answer me, what the heck are the things on his forearms supposed to be? some extension of his glove? half the time it looks like its supposed to be his arm. I also really hope they make the top of his jumpsuit make more physical sense. And maybe make his physique more realistic/averaged out ala Ike (though this could contribute to graphical upgrades as well)
I'd like his Smash 4 design to have a few nods to his original appearance from F-Zero;

CRMS

Smash Rookie
I really want to see the Falcon, and his punch in HD glory. After he is confirmed, I'll be happy.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Captain Falcon in Smash 4 is the closest thing we'll ever get to an F-Zero game in HD

=( =( =(

CRMS

Smash Rookie
Me and my lil bro joke around that his special should be grabbing someone, then repeatedly Falcon Punching their face.

As long as they revert falcon back to a muscular manly monster instead of this awkward looking mess i'm fine:

Also can we make his knee make an electrically charged volcanic explosion that causes your opponent to be ripped in half when you sweet spot it pls

Last edited:

CRMS

Smash Rookie
Little Mac:4littlemac: and the Falcon:falcon:, in an intense match, will break my tv, it won't handle the sheer monstrosity of them 2

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
As long as they revert falcon back to a muscular manly monster instead of this awkward looking mess i'm fine:

Also can we make his knee make an electrically charged volcanic explosion that causes your opponent to be ripped in half when you sweet spot it pls

Is this manly enough for ya?

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon is definitely returning! And why the hell shouldn't he? He's a great character, hasn't missed one Super Smash Bros. game and his falcon punch was made famous by this series. It must continue! O.O #FalconPunch
I'm pretty sure Sakurai mentioned him in some interview when asked about balancing characters in the new game. There's no chance he isn't returning.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I'm pretty sure Sakurai mentioned him in some interview when asked about balancing characters in the new game. There's no chance he isn't returning.
I think he said somethin but it wasn't really verifying his return it was more like using him as an example. But you right, you right.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That comic reminds me...I'm hoping he actually gets an American voice actor this time and he sounds like a cheesy comic hero. Kirby and Pikachu got new voices so maybe?

I don't know why an American comic book influenced character still has a Japanese voice. He was designed in F-Zero to be heavily Western flavored, yet he's a super sentai in Smash. It's amazing how different Falcon in F-Zero is compared to Smash.

Not gonna ask for a redesign of his moveset, just anything to make him closer to what he is in F-Zero. An english voice would still bring the glorious cheese. Something like this.
Maybe it's just me? It's not something that I care too much about since Smash doesn't really have much dialog, but still a nice thing to get.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
That comic reminds me...I'm hoping he actually gets an American voice actor this time and he sounds like a cheesy comic hero. Kirby and Pikachu got new voices so maybe?

I don't know why an American comic book influenced character still has a Japanese voice. He was designed in F-Zero to be heavily Western flavored, yet he's a super sentai in Smash. It's amazing how different Falcon in F-Zero is compared to Smash.

Not gonna ask for a redesign of his moveset, just anything to make him closer to what he is in F-Zero. An english voice would still bring the glorious cheese. Something like this.
Maybe it's just me? It's not something that I care too much about since Smash doesn't really have much dialog, but still a nice thing to get.
I always thought that Falcon would have an incredibly deep voice, like one of those manly characters. Just my two cents.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
That could work. I'm personally hoping something like his GX voice. It's the one I'm so used from a decade of playing F-Zero GX. I actually associate the character with that voice than his Smash voice.Also hoping for this credits song to be in somehow because it's so cheesy I love it
Unfortunately F-Zero was just a little bit before my time so I haven't played any of the games. However I think that voice is better than what we have in brawl at least, I always thought that the voice never quite fitted the build that Falcon has.
Also, I love how this interview went in the video:
Interviewer: *asks question, probably isn't an actual question*
Captain Falcon: *responds with one sentence*
Interviewer: That's all folks!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Unfortunately F-Zero was just a little bit before my time so I haven't played any of the games. However I think that voice is better than what we have in brawl at least, I always thought that the voice never quite fitted the build that Falcon has.
Also, I love how this interview went in the video:
Interviewer: *asks question, probably isn't an actual question*
Captain Falcon: *responds with one sentence*
Interviewer: That's all folks!
Yeah, his Smash voice always felt out of place to me. I realize a lot love it, which is why I'd be OK with it back, but eh.

For the record, the voice acting in the story chapters is different. More enthusiastic, but not by much. Dat cheese though

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Captain Falcon's voice in GX fits better for speaking actual dialouge sentences, if Smash were ever to have a story mode with voice acting i'd go for this voice. But for his one-liners during in Smash gameplay Ryo Horikawa just needs to keep doing Falcon's voice. It's tradition at this point, and it's a huge part of the reason Captain Falcon has become so popular thanks to such memorable quotes. HYESZ! :falcon:

Another reason i love Ryo Horikawa is because he voices another favorite character of mine, Vegeta from DBZ.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon's voice in GX fits better for speaking actual dialouge sentences, if Smash were ever to have a story mode with voice acting i'd go for this voice. But for his one-liners during in Smash gameplay Ryo Horikawa just needs to keep doing Falcon's voice. It's tradition at this point, and it's a huge part of the reason Captain Falcon has become so popular thanks to such memorable quotes. HYESZ! :falcon:

Another reason i love Ryo Horikawa is because he voices another favorite character of mine, Vegeta from DBZ.
Well... no matter what happens he must sound like a super manly badass. There is no other option, Sakurai has failed if he doesn't.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
We should get Black Shadow and he can get his Japanese voice because NORIO WAKAMOTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom