• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Cosplay - How do I make?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Anyone got any tips on how to start off? I got four days until my friend's bday on Saturday to make it for him xD

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Aw that'd be hella cheap though :[

He needs a bike helmet because he always borrows his brother's when we go biking.....so if that would be possible (depending on whether bike helmets come in plain pink and are compatible with adhesive...)

So yeah, any ideas are appreciated for materials or stores/people/forums to check out

Hiza

Smash Apprentice

try deriving the final product from a collection of components. Above was made from a bike helmet and supplemented with plastic from a rubbermaid tub, cheap brass from a tractor or hardware store (quite easy to manipulate into a shape you want) all attached and sprayed to a uniform color. The suit is a series of tights and shirts that look close enough to Doug's, with some needle work and a bit of well crafted cardboard garnish (like the shoulderpad) With an open mind, and a decent spacial awareness, you should be able to pull off a similar result.

good luck.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac

try deriving the final product from a collection of components. Above was made from a bike helmet and supplemented with plastic from a rubbermaid tub, cheap brass from a tractor or hardware store (quite easy to manipulate into a shape you want) all attached and sprayed to a uniform color.
For the helmet, HOW do you mold the rubbermaid tub plastic and brass....do you weld or something?

Edit: Can you get into specifics on the earbump design, the extra length on the helmet down, and the eagle design?
I got one day now that I got your post so darn late and all I really want done by tomorrow is the helmet because my friend would really need a helmet for his birthday to go biking with :D!!

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Hope this helps.

since you need it quick, ill say just go all plastic. if you use a saudering iron to heat up and melt the edges of the plastic and immediately touch it to the area you want and wait, it should fuse together. figure out your own technique to get it done. also for the falcon crest int eh front, i suggest just painting it for now, in a time crunch you don,t want to spend hours molding a falcon, just look off of something, draw it lightly with a pencil then just paint it. i suggest acrylics or housepaint. or spray a bunch of spray paint into a container and just use that like a regular paint. good luck.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I made the helmet in my display picture in the space of 1.5 hours, so it's probably really easy compared to that pink one up there (thought that is pretty effing sweet and 9000x better than mine)

But if you haven't got the resources, cardboard (which is what I used) works wonders, and is surprisingly durable as long as you keep it simple.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I don't have a saudering iron....and my parents are unwilling to cooperate in terms of paying money...

I have a week and a half until my friend's ACTUAL birthday though his birthday party is tomorrow. I'm going to take my time and give it to him on his real birthday since I already have a mediocre gift card to hold him off at the party tomorrow.

What do I use to attach the plastic....which is "rubbermaid tub plastic" I assume...without a saudering iron?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
lol wow. That is one costume that would make falcon proud. I hope your costume would come out great Crackle. Just post a picture once you are done I wanna see. =3

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
The only hardy alternative to simply melting the plastic together is a strong apoxy glue. Try lowes or home depot. A desperate alternative to the saudering iron would be different kinds of lighters. it would take more time.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Is there anywhere were you could buy like a replica suit? Oh kick a$# helment, im try to make that for our school costume day

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
just want to clarify that these arent my designs and that i didnt make the original, credit to Kazzu

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
lol im just looking to buy something like this idk w.t.h i would be doing if I tried making this by myself lol.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
btw tracks going to start for me at least soon, were do you think i can get some falcon spikez*track shoes*
like where should i get it customized and any ideas for the shoe?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Bumping this reminded me that UzakiuzuG never posted what became of his costume.

... Not that I REALLY care, I'm just curious.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Bumping this reminded me that UzakiuzuG never posted what became of his costume.

... Not that I REALLY care, I'm just curious.
Hah,well I never got the materials needed for the costume sooo it's a fail as of now. I know you realllllllly care :D

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Lol, if only because someday in the far off future I'd like to cosplay as Falcon as well :p

Where I live, I'm know as his biggest fan so yeah. But I still need to work out a little.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I'm sure I've seen one somewhere on the internet, but it was a modded figurine. Therefore, fan-made.

Try play-asia? Heh

Top Bottom