• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I admire ciaza.

No, because you pass through the platforms on Dreamland with Falcon kick, so apparently Falcon kick doesn't land on platforms of equal height. Lol @ everyone believing noob4life :troll:

Yeah, I responded to a year old post.
Roll to one end of a DL platform and Falcon Kick to the other. You'll land.

Also your statement has nothing to do with what I said anyway. My claim was that (on higher platform) => (falcon kick lands on lower platform), not that (on equal height platform) => (falcon kick lands on equal height platform)

Sangoku

Smash Master
If they appreciated ciaza they could have at least said it here. MODS ARE DUMB!!

Any idea on combos that can finish with reverse fair-> dair? I want to practice that, so easier ones would be better.

Maybe the easiest is on Falcon: aerial grab, short hop uair, turn around, reverse fair, dair.

:phone:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
do you mean double hit reverse fair dair or first hit or second hit?

double hit is just hard to do. second hit is pretty easy, works off short hop or full hop depending on opponent's height. first hit won't work unless you land in between (e.g. first hit on top of tent -> run off tent and dair)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hmm I don't really mind second hit or both. It could even end with a tippered uair (if the two hits send them too far). I wanted anything with reverse fair actually. Like all the ones in your combo vid.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
When comboing a heavy character, you can do a reverse second hit fair almost any time that you do an uair then immediately hit the ground.
I agree. I find that whenever you can land a Falcon punch after an uair, you can almost certainly land a reverse fair --> finish.

Futhermore, you can use upsmash --> reverse fair --> finish on medium-high %'s. It helps significantly if the upsmash is stale.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
usmash has worse hitstun I feel than uair.

also uair -> falcon punch percentages are a bit higher than uair -> reverse fair percentages but it's definitely the same idea

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also your statement has nothing to do with what I said anyway. My claim was that (on higher platform) => (falcon kick lands on lower platform), not that (on equal height platform) => (falcon kick lands on equal height platform)
Well yeah, but I felt that since the green platform certainly doesn't LOOK higher (IMO), your belief that it's higher is based off of this Falcon kick phenomenon. And "the left platform is higher because Falcon kick doesn't land" wouldn't be valid if Falcon kick doesn't land on platforms of equal height.

Roll to one end of a DL platform and Falcon Kick to the other. You'll land.
Okay WTF, that's really weird. But it doesn't land if you don't roll to
the edge, and you still end up in the middle of the platform at the end of Falcon kick, so maybe Falcon kicking from an edge makes you start slightly higher or something. But for all intents and purposes, you still don't land on platforms of equal height.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
The simplest possible explanation is that the bottom platform on Hyrule is just ever so slightly above the top of the tent.

At this point your argument against is just "oh I eyeballed it, and they look the same". Well when I eyeball the floor of the tent area in Hyrule it looks flat, but doing some actual tests shows that it isn't. Likewise, the fact that we can falcon kick from one to the other seems to indicate that one is higher than the other.

I mean, if they ARE equal height that would contradict your own proposition that you can't Falcon kick from one platform to another of equal height.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The simplest possible explanation is that the bottom platform on Hyrule is just ever so slightly above the top of the tent.
The explanation that they are equal height is equally simple, because either way you have to explain the weird DL platform ****, and they are pretty straightforward otherwise.

At this point your argument against is just "oh I eyeballed it, and they look the same". Well when I eyeball the floor of the tent area in Hyrule it looks flat, but doing some actual tests shows that it isn't. Likewise, the fact that we can falcon kick from one to the other seems to indicate that one is higher than the other.
@ last sentence Not necessarily, because once again, they can be the same height. And your explanation isn't better.

I mean, if they ARE equal height that would contradict your own proposition that you can't Falcon kick from one platform to another of equal height.
It doesn't, because I am only saying this for platforms you can go through. The green house on Hyrule doesn't count.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
let's look at an equal height falcon kick on solid platforms - from one side of mushroom kingdom to the other (over the pit)

it doesn't work from either direction.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Oh OK, I'll concede then

BTW if you roll to the edge at MK you will go over, so I guess Falcon kicking from an edge makes you slightly higher or something >______>

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What do you mean roll to the edge at MK? I thought I tried doing a Falcon Kick straight from the teetering animation and it didn't get me to the other side.

Also the Falcon Kick is definitely different from an edge (the Dreamland example) - you can see it actually goes slower than a normal Falcon Kick. No idea why.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Doing it from the teetering animation doesn't work. You have to roll to the edge and turn around (which puts you slightly farther onto the edge than teetering does).

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Falcon kicks are the weirdest ****. Does anybody know why you hurtle downward with like 2 seconds of lag if you falcon kick off the edge just right?

blaze3927

Smash Ace
maybe its because of the ledge programming thingamebob. you know how you like tilt is much as you like but you wont fall off, but if you smash it or are running/dashing you will

The Star King

Smash Hero
Falcon kicks are the weirdest ****. Does anybody know why you hurtle downward with like 2 seconds of lag if you falcon kick off the edge just right?
Because it's just the normal animation for when you end one on the ground, except you slide off and are stuck in it in the air.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i landed the coolest 2 hit combo in a falcon ditto on dsc the other day.

we were on the right side of the tent and i ran off the edge, uaired, the uair was tipped, he went through the bottom of the tent, hit the back wall, came back through the bottom of the tent and over the edge, where i up-b'd him for a ko.

my description is very poor, but it was mental. i'd never seen anything like it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sounds hilarilegit. Coolest combo I ever did was in a falcon ditto against Miyagi, and I can't remember it exactly but there was an aerial falcon kick that hit him off the wall on hyrule, followed by like a bair to up-B I think. We called it the "California Girls" combo 'cause that was what was playing in the lounge, and I try to do it every time I get even remotely close to the position.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Coolest combo I,ve done was with falcon too: fthrow>uair>uair> doughug.
It was wild. I've never seen anything like it.

Douxo

Smash Rookie
Coolest Combo Ever

My coolest falcon combo ever was... USmash, Uairx6 UB :*(
/wrist

Also i read some discussion on imputting falcon punch off of Fgrab, doesnt seem plausable to me =/ i tend to only ever FPunch off of tent rebound or Dair (when their on ground) when their over 100%. the bounce at 100% is usually a Short Hop, but u can balance the size of ur hop on their %. works against pretty much any character, regardless of weight.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't use it because it's morally wrong.

Attempting to stall indefinitely is A-OK but F-Throw to Falcon Punch? **** that ****.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i take it you probably dont fthrow -> dair very often, either?

admittedly fthrow -> pivot uair is cooler, but 99% of the time uair is stale and it pisses me off

oh and fthrow pivot bair is an option, but i dont really like falcons bair

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nope pete

Nope ballin, the only thing cool is pivot -> one or two bairs -> tipper uair

Doesn't work on fastfallers though so I guess landing uair -> reverse fair -> dair or something

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
bair>bair>tippered uair works on yoshi and falcon confirmed. not sure about other fast fallers

of course you'll end up dying most of the time if you do but still really cool

Top Bottom