• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

Battlecow

Play to Win
If there's one thing I don't overestimate myself in, it's SSB. You guys can **** around all you want, but I guarantee that you won't find one serious post where I profess a level of skill that I demonstrably do not have.

Also AA why you out for my scalp this last week or so? Kinda pathetic TBH, if you're pissed at me about something just say it, all this drama makes me bleh. My opinion of you in the last few days went from really high to just about rock-bottom.

SK, politeness is one of the fundamental supporting structures of society itself. If everyone did what you and leffen call "not sugar-coating things" and what the rest of the world calls "being an ***hole," human beings would be incapable of living in close proximity to each other. Most of us learn in kindergarten that if we don't have anything nice to say, we shouldn't say anything; you seem to have missed this lesson, and if your behavior in real life is anything like your behavior on the internet, this flaw in your upbringing has rendered you socially ********. You have to exhibit some sort of dishonesty or else learn to phrase the truth in a more societally accepted manner. Take your latest couple of posts, for example; how do you expect me to respond to that? I know you pretty well, so I know that that's just how you do things all the time, but anyone else would assume that you were simply insulting them and feel obliged to retaliate.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Woah serious post out of nowhere

Pretty sure none of us serious

Calm down buddy. Sorry if I offended you I guess

Battlecow

Play to Win
"sorry if this is mean, battlecow"

"I feel bad about that post already"

Yeah, you were serious.

Look, I am bad at this game, it's true, but I'm also a relatively proud person, and I really don't need you reminding me of it in such forthright terms every time you get the chance.

In other news, captain falcon is kind of crippled against great DI. Everyone knows not to double-hit fair anyone who knows anything, but even things like short-hop uairs or single-hit fairs on heavies and so forth aren't guaranteed a follow-up when you're playing someone with ridiculous twitching skills.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@politeness (you edited that in after my last post) - Are you saying you only ever nice things? I think there isn't a problem if it's just poking fun. Although I can kind of see how you thought my post was serious, so sorry about that - although like you said, you know me, and I tease you frequently without any previous complaint from you. IDK why you only chose to explode now when you probably had a lot of opportunities before, but I'll stop if it bothers you.

Not sure what those quotes prove.

I think Falcon chase heavy DI more effectively than most other characters.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
have i really been going at you that much o.o

if i have, i apologise and blame it on exam stress, i dont know you enough to actually insult you, and im not the sort who gets his jollies from yelling at people over the web

can we go back to the days of writing hype-kus, that was fun

lol @ comparing anyone to leffen - to be quite honest, vectorman's ridiculous niceness cancels out leffen's flaming, so yoshi mains are on average ok people

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah that whole thing was LAME but also not my fault

Captain falcon is all about COB-MOS, and if you can't cobmo people he's all like WTF guys I die early but now I have a lousy punishment game too? SCREW YOU! Whereas like Samus is just like OK you can DI but out of what? big ****ing whoop.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not your fault but you made it worse by overreacting :(

It's really hard to DI out of Falcon's combos if you play it safe with your combos... and by that I mean do the usual boring uair chains. You DI'd my uair a DL platform length to the right, oh no, I can move accordingly and uair you again.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You don't know good DI bro, uair chains don't even work 0_0

I'll try to record some of miyagi's DI, ****'s whack as ****, Kirby can never get more than 2 utilts on his falcon, and when he's puff, I can't get more than one hit of the battlecow.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
good di downwards can make it very, very hard to get even simple uair chains off, especially at low percents (should've recorded kuro doing it when he was on his dpad)

the h8 on battlecow was unjustified even for battlecow, you don't insult someone for something when they have a great passion for that something

unless his name is aa, which by all means, go ahead

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm on Team Star King.

BC came off as a doucher who has never experienced ribbing from friends.
You're a doucher. Go suck a ****, then learn to play smash, you ignorant ***hole.

Inb4 cheers can't take a little ribbing.

@boom how would you adjust to really good DI? What combos/strategies are the safest?

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
BC why you out for my scalp this last week or so? Kinda pathetic TBH, if you're pissed at me about something just say it, all this drama makes me bleh. My opinion of you in the last few days went from really high to just about rock-bottom.

AA, politeness is one of the fundamental supporting structures of society itself. If everyone did what you and leffen call "not sugar-coating things" and what the rest of the world calls "being an ***hole," human beings would be incapable of living in close proximity to each other. Most of us learn in kindergarten that if we don't have anything nice to say, we shouldn't say anything; you seem to have missed this lesson, and if your behavior in real life is anything like your behavior on the internet, this flaw in your upbringing has rendered you socially ********. You have to exhibit some sort of dishonesty or else learn to phrase the truth in a more societally accepted manner. Take your latest couple of posts, for example; how do you expect me to respond to that? I know you pretty well, so I know that that's just how you do things all the time, but anyone else would assume that you were simply insulting them and feel obliged to retaliate.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm on Team Star King.

BC came off as a doucher who has never experienced ribbing from friends.
The funny thing is he does the ribbing all the time. I mean, he jumps on every opportunity to call me narcissistic and ****. Talk about hypocrisy :/

Battlecow

Play to Win
^See? You're insulting me again. That's not ribbing. Hence my annoyance, hence my occasional actual insults.

Whyyyy did you start this again :/

The Star King

Smash Hero
How is that insult? What you've said to me in the past is factual. Are you denying that you've called me narcissistic/conceited/arrogant? Can't tell if trolling.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow is the one with the initial overreaction, whilst I'm merely equaling his reactions.

He gave me a lecture on politeness and insulted me (the irony) by saying I'm an ***hole/socially ******** because I said he was "pretty bad". Is that normal?

Battlecow, not only will I drop the subject, but I will never insult your skill again and apologize for all past insults if you apologize for your "I'm socially superior to you" rant. Deal?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if you ever have to edit your post in this situation, you're probably overreacting

just calm down, doesn't matter who's in the wrong here

i mean, notice my uncharacteristic lack of american or time-of-the-month jokes, both of which sprang to mind immediately

The Star King

Smash Hero
My last post was not at all angry (or any posts on this page, for that matter). Don't be that guy.

Not sure what editing has to do with anything, I edit like 90% of my posts.

Still kind of made the joke >_>

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
aa doing a fine job of being a common enemy for star king and battlecow here guys

that or he is just a horrible mediator

aa will be too busy p2ping superboom from what i hear =D

The Star King

Smash Hero
Oh well at least he tried

Play me and you will be destroyed slightly less hard, plus I'm the funnest

O wait this is the Falcon thread OOPS

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
if this gets locked again i will not be happy =p

idk boom seems to hate me now

if i can take all the rage, no-one else will feel bad

WEIGHT OF THE WORLD ON MY SHOULDERS
i was talking to him when desirees was down and he seemed pretty excited to p2p you =3

unless you've done something since then

Oh well at least he tried

Play me and you will be destroyed slightly less hard, plus I'm the funnest

O wait this is the Falcon thread OOPS
i dunno man, because clearly aa's link is so good because it beat my kirby this one time when i was trying my absolute hardest, you'll have your work cut out for you

asianaussie

Smash Hero
wasn't it when i said 64 wasn't a 10/10

and somehow queranus's rep went above mine

my link is less dreadful than the rest of my characters

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think it was more that you said you would probably enjoy Melee more

Link beats Kirby on Hyrule BTW

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the point is that i wasn't camping that match

and also it was a friendly

but queranus is always trying his absolute hardest

read hayate you dirk

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i don't think i've tried my hardest since trying to beat james when he was trying about a month ago

final exam tomorrow ****, i've got a system to get through everything

i will watch one episode of dbz kai and sailor moon a day, 50 chapters of a manga a day (starting with hayate if you insist), 1/3 of an arc of a visual novel (starting with fsn), 3 eps of any anime a day (starting with working!, and 4/5 of a day spent on skyrim

good plan

so how about that captain falcon guy?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if you stick to that schedule i will gnaw my way through an entire raw pineapple for your enjoyment

captain falcon looks ezpz but i haven't played him in ages so i can't even do his basic combos anymore

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
you should work on your falcon because as you know, hyrule will be banned in america and as such your link will struggle on dreamland. or learn to do falcon punch tech chases like me :awesome:

oh, and if you don't bring me back my miku wallet from america i will so not talk to you for at least 2 days

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow is the one with the initial overreaction, whilst I'm merely equaling his reactions.

He gave me a lecture on politeness and insulted me (the irony) by saying I'm an ***hole/socially ******** because I said he was "pretty bad". Is that normal?

Battlecow, not only will I drop the subject, but I will never insult your skill again and apologize for all past insults if you apologize for your "I'm socially superior to you" rant. Deal?
I apologize.

Back to FALCON

He would never get in silly internet arguments, because he's a MAN.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
aa, you have to go on msn if you want to reach me. Also, I connect bad to most of cali now in p2p rofl.

EDIT: all of you stfu, it's just a forum

Top Bottom