• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
theoretically most moves can work, though i don't think u-tilt reaches below the stage like in melee and i don't think i've ever tried...maybe on the left side of hyrule?

probably works, edgeguarding is weird like that

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
As aa said, most moves can work if you time them right.
But Utilt would be one of the hardest to time against mario's upB (because of the speed of the two moves),
Dtilt would probably also hit you in the try.

Diagonally angled Fsmash would be a better choice than Utilt by far, even it'd be easier to DI.
I like the edgehog method vs mario.
^^ But it'd probably end up in this.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I think the best Edgeguard against Mario UpB is Falcon's DownB, cuz it has 2 hitbox. Or a easy Bair.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I feel like at low percents it may not work as Mario could recover and punish the ending lag.

But I could be wrong.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I think the best Edgeguard against Mario UpB is Falcon's DownB, cuz it has 2 hitbox. Or a easy Bair.
Well, yes, I've been victim of that before, SH-downB out of platform is **** good.

I feel like at low percents it may not work as Mario could recover and punish the ending lag.

But I could be wrong.
I also think that too, but... why should a Falcon player hit Mario out of the edge with low %, having in mind that Mario's reaction is ridiculously fast?

Fish641

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or is Uair Falcon's best off-the-edge edgeguarding tool?
No, though it can have some good uses. But most of the time that I would use it (I assume we're talking about the tippered version), a Bair would suffice. Edgeguarding isn't about hitting people off; it's about stopping people from getting back on. Bair is just more reliable with its timing and hitbox, and of course Dair is useful when it's useful.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
But dat range.

Maybe I just overuse reverse tippered Uair.

Yeah, I overuse it way too much.

But it's just so damn sexy. There are only two ways to finish a grounded spike at high percentages: Punch or reverse Uair. That is a captain's finish. Anything else is for privates.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
But dat range.

Maybe I just overuse reverse tippered Uair.

Yeah, I overuse it way too much.

But it's just so damn sexy. There are only two ways to finish a grounded spike at high percentages: Punch or reverse Uair. That is a captain's finish. Anything else is for privates.
reverse bair in the house

actually a true G goes for stomp -> fair pivot bair

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
You can edeguard with runoff dair at low percents and try to abuse them with Up-B to recover. Not a smart move, but it's fun.

dandan

Smash Lord
might be that ff dair at low % then jump bair on the wall, up b on the wall, dair and upb could work.

The Star King

Smash Hero
^I highly doubt that would work.

I had a similar idea, except it was up-b -> up-b, using a wall.

dandan

Smash Lord
the last upb is ofcourse for recovery, but i dunno how you can get the cpu so low under the stage without dair.

B Link

Smash Lord
You can't bair after a dair in the air

Upb to upb on a wall wouldn't work, sends them too low I think.

Rising uair combo using that fox starship (which moves up) needs to happen.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Upb to upb on a wall wouldn't work, sends them too low I think.
It works at a high-ish %. I did it in a game once.

I'm not talking about up-b -> up-b in the same direction, but up-b -> they go above and behind you -> up-b.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
For me:
The most safety Falcon's edgeguard against Mario's upb (While Mario is going up too nearby to the ledge) is the simple Dtilt.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
might be that ff dair at low % then jump bair on the wall, up b on the wall, dair and upb could work.
Well, maybe, could it be...

Dair -> Edge cancel -> FF + 2nd Jump + Bair -> Upb

With some corrections, maybe there could be a chance.
idk

asianaussie

Smash Hero
somebody wanna change the title back

im fine with queranus looking like a jerk (queranus = ciaran in latin, everybody), but it's not helpful to people in general

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i think it's pretty helpful for people who want to know where to go to post their appreciation about ciaza.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I admire ciaza.

Pretty sure it's because the lowest platform on Hyrule is higher than the top of the tent.
No, because you pass through the platforms on Dreamland with Falcon kick, so apparently Falcon kick doesn't land on platforms of equal height. Lol @ everyone believing noob4life :troll:

Yeah, I responded to a year old post.

Top Bottom