• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

Sangoku

Smash Master
How do you fthrow falcon punch? If the other is at relatively low percent I just slide from left c to b, but if the other is at higher percent (like falcon at 70%) I would slide from up c to left c to b as it gives some extra height. Is it actually ever (or always) needed?

And I think Ness works at around 20-30.

Sangoku

Smash Master
ballin: it indeed doesn't give much, but I thought I wouldn't have time to double tap (ie the opponent would be out of hitstun too early). I should try that then.

SuPeRbOoM: so you don't double jump? Only stick jump?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
It really depends on their percent. Stick jump will give you extra height, so getting higher % fp's off is possible.

I don't double jump ever for that.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
When you double jump you let yourself more vulnerable in the air, so, sometimes it's not a good option to go for it.

And for the Fthrow + Fpunch, I don't like that idea since it's too silly, (unless you're not sure of what else to do), however, it needs some precision to be done though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I do FT-FP a lot, but I can never manage it on console. I just can't dash and then stick jump while keeping my forward momentum on controller. In my experience, it works on other Dougs from ~55% to ~75%. I've had some success slightly outside that range, but within that, it's pretty much always been a given for me, don't think I've ever missed (although it only technically combos from like 68-72 I think) Link it works not quite as well (like maybe 55-65%) Yoshi it works from like 42-58%, DK it works from like 45-60%, Ness it sometimes works late 20's-early 30's (but that's only if they don't react right, I think). Believe it also works on the Bros. in the late 30's early 40's, but probably not, because I only get it like once in a while and I try all the time.

People should do it more- It's a workmanlike, reliable kill that also USES FALCON PUNCH HOLY **** GUYS

Battlecow

Play to Win
>Implying that killing with Falcon Pawnch could ever be gay

lolololololololololololololololololoollolololololololololololololololloolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololollolololololololloooloololloololololololollololololollololollolololololollololololol

The Star King

Smash Hero
>Implying that killing with Falcon Pawnch could ever be gay

lolololololololololololololololololoollolololololololololololololololloolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololollolololololololloooloololloololololololollololololollololollolololololollololololol
It's a gay way to punish rest/shieldbreak.

Real men would try to do something somewhat fancy.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Getting a shield break from which you could FT-FP (i.e. not on a platform- FT-FP generally only works when you have a little space to dash in) would be fancy enough to make up for a million lackluster finishers. Don't think I've ever seen that.

Also, lulz @ punishing rest with FT-FP. Think before you post, honored teammate.

UNLESS you're joking like SANGOKU was in which case u funny like that sarcastic sum***** sangoku.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Don't worry, I got punished by the almighty DMOOGLE because of my impertinence. SORRY ALMIGHTY DMOOGLE AND SORRY ALMIGHTY BATTLECOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TROLLING/JOKING.

Before I get into troubles again, this post is a joke too.

edit: just noticed I'm an ace now lol.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Getting a shield break from which you could FT-FP (i.e. not on a platform- FT-FP generally only works when you have a little space to dash in) would be fancy enough to make up for a million lackluster finishers. Don't think I've ever seen that.

Also, lulz @ punishing rest with FT-FP. Think before you post, honored teammate.

UNLESS you're joking like SANGOKU was in which case u funny like that sarcastic sum***** sangoku.
I don't think SK disagrees that FT>FP after a shieldbreak/rest is OK, but all you said Battlecow was: "Implying that killing with Falcon Pawnch could ever be gay". So what SK meant was that after a shieldbreak/rest, finishing solely with a FP is gay.
I think. I owe SK one but don't want to put too many words in his mouth.

Also you suck.

The Star King

Smash Hero

My post was a response to ">implying killing with falcon punch could ever be gay".

I was talking about just Falcon Punch, not FT-FP.

Think before you post, honored teammate.

EDIT: LOLOLOLOL responded to Battlecow's post before reading any posts under it. I like you, ciaza. You cool. I would say something like, "you did a good job putting words in my mouth", but then Battlecow would say something like, "that's not all he did a good job putting in your mouth ZING I SO CLEVAR", that perverted little son of a *****. Especially since he thinks you're gay.

Also Battlecow sucks.

ciaza, what do you mean by "I owe SK one"?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Thanks SK, you're pretty cool too :p

His point is that console smash should be played after all that traveling, and I don't think you disagree.
I felt I owed you for that, since I didn't have to go to the TROUBLE of posting what you wrote.

The Star King

Smash Hero
All right

Meatride the US a bit, and I'll consider the debt repaid

For every time somebody does that

I steal a little bit of their soul

I have quite a large portion of a certain cantankerous bovine's, who happens to frequent these forums

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Okey Doke.

America. The country so cool it has a country for a hat.

Battlecow

Play to Win
WELL NOW.

I guess I was wrong and Star King was right.

Also, guys, I don't think that any one country should be exalted above the rest. I mean, God made each of us in his image, right? Aren't we all just little 0's when divided by his almighty infinity? Trying to raise any individual country above others is an exercise in futility; we're each wonderful in our own ways.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also, guys, I don't think that any one country should be exalted above the rest. I mean, God made each of us in his image, right? Aren't we all just little 0's when divided by his almighty infinity? Trying to raise any individual country above others is an exercise in futility; we're each wonderful in our own ways.
Very anti-Battlecow. I'm impressed.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Run through the lasers and grab him.

Sometimes you have to, like, run back and forth for a little before he lets you grab him.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sometimes you have to jump over the lasers or something

Although the idea of leaving the ground BEFORE I Fthrow someone is antithetical to my playstyle

It's a slippery slope that ends with you... spacing with aerials or something disgusting like that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Running through the lasers worked pretty well on sheer's fox

not flawless but pretty well
Yeah, because he doesn't laser well against Falcon specifically.

He does it the same way he would against everyone else, forgetting that Falcon is fast, so I just run and Up-Smash/grab him.

B Link

Smash Lord
K so I was playing against someone's falcon with fox and he did a regular ftilt facing the right and dodge my low short hop laser.

I just hope I wasn't daydreaming cuz I swear it dodged it. If so then ftilts could have a secondary function =P

RickySSB

Smash Ace
USmash + Second Jump Uiar + Nair + Running Short Hop Fair + UaiR + PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xD

:)

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
So ive been trying to get better with falcon but im still having trouble trying to figure out when to use some of his moves. As of now, i primarily use aerials, usmash and pivot fsmash. I was wondering if anyone could give me a brief description of when the following moves can be put to use, like edgeguarding / comboing / approaching / etc.

U-Tilt: Saw a video of Isai using U-Tilt as a edgeguard when someone was recovering below.
F-Tilt: ?
D-Tilt: ?
Falcon Kick: I've only used this like once to hit someone trying to recover below.

Sangoku

Smash Master
So ive been trying to get better with falcon but im still having trouble trying to figure out when to use some of his moves. As of now, i primarily use aerials, usmash and pivot fsmash. I was wondering if anyone could give me a brief description of when the following moves can be put to use, like edgeguarding / comboing / approaching / etc.

U-Tilt: Saw a video of Isai using U-Tilt as a edgeguard when someone was recovering below.
F-Tilt: ?
D-Tilt: ?
Falcon Kick: I've only used this like once to hit someone trying to recover below.
I suck at this game, but I'll try to give you what I think about these moves so you have something to start with. U-tilt is indeed good for edgeguard, especially against fox. Don't be afraid to do it sooner than what you would expect. F-tilt is in my opinion kind of an advance tech, it can be good for shield pressure and it can be used in the tent if you play hyrule (like in this video). You could also use it against rushing opponents, as it comes out relatively fast (compared to fsmash at least) and has a good power/knockback. D-Tilt is also an edgeguarding move, against oponents recovering low/sweetspotting. I never use it except for edgeguarding purpose. And finally falcon kick can have some uses for easy edgeguard (especially in falcon dittos) or on the ground to get a "surprise" effect, but it's really not a good move. You should almost ban it and obviously not spam it. If you still want to use it, never do it at low percent, as the ending lag will make your oponent punish you easily. And never do it in the air.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
U-Tilt is sometimes edgeguarding (sweetspotting anywhere but from below) and tent usage.

F-Tilt is faster than F-Smash and reaches further than SH N-Air for quick ground repulsion. Tent usage too. Low-angled F-Tilt can be used to edgeguard sweetspotters.

D-Tilt is edgeguarding and sometimes setting up edgeguarding due to low-ish trajectory, but its hitbox is meh.

Falcon Kick is edgeguarding and sometimes a finisher after landing F-Air at high-ish percents.

Sangoku is pretty right.

Top Bottom