• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capt. Falcon V.S Sheik?

D

Deleted member

i think yoshi's is falcon's worst

fountain of dream not as bad since u can get away from good tech chasers by DI-ing up on lower platforms and crouch cancelling the inevitable tilt to get away

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So I did this really cool thing in friendlies today. I'm not sure if it "works" (I didn't get to test since i did it in my last match) but I think it could be worth investigation. Assuming it isn't already commonly known. When getting jab reset by sheik, after the buffered jump I immediately uair'd and it hit the sheik. I think that could have been turned into a combo if I wasn't so surprised what had just happened (I did on accident experimenting with smash DIing up on both the control stick and c stick). The sheik said he'd never seen that happen before, but it's the midwest, so who knows.

oh and little england, we'll be doing that sometime, school's just pretty crazy right now and I just joined a band, so it might take a bit for me to get into a good groove.

_kSo_

Smash Master
So I did this really cool thing in friendlies today. I'm not sure if it "works" (I didn't get to test since i did it in my last match) but I think it could be worth investigation. Assuming it isn't already commonly known. When getting jab reset by sheik, after the buffered jump I immediately uair'd and it hit the sheik. I think that could have been turned into a combo if I wasn't so surprised what had just happened (I did on accident experimenting with smash DIing up on both the control stick and c stick). The sheik said he'd never seen that happen before, but it's the midwest, so who knows.

oh and little england, we'll be doing that sometime, school's just pretty crazy right now and I just joined a band, so it might take a bit for me to get into a good groove.
that sounds like such a midwest thing to do haha

wish there was a video of it though kuz I didn't quite understand what happened (and from the sound of it, I don't even think a video would be able to clear things up much more :dizzy:)

also, grats on joining a band, that's awesome

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I've come up with these two amazing techs against Sheik

1. press L-R-A-Start and move your hand to a bird looking thing called "Falco".

2. take the sheik players controller and throw it across the room wobbles style. Another method is to put the controller down your pants, but since we're talking about Sheik players they will reach into your pants because they're obviously fags for picking such a gay character.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lolsheik hate. anywho....
*sheiks needles take cf out of his dashdance if hes not smart about it, and that sux for him
*sheiks ftilt beats EVERYTHING. even dair for some hilarious reason, provided it connects.
*in the strictest sense sheik cant 0-death falcon, but she can rack up so much damage the difference is almost negligible
*sheik can gimp cf hardcore if he gets off the stage with say at least 30% or more, its almost hopeless.
*sheik is a slower runner than falcon, but her moves are in general MUCH faster than his
*?
* profit

the only saving grace for falcon is he can combo sheik very well if she slips up
edit: and he can knee her recovery if she has to go on stage, but basically every character can do that ($*%# jiggs)

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
This match is really horrible, however doesn't mean it cant be won, unless ur playing against M2K's sheik... I think CC is what destroys falcons in this match, and the gimps as well, but with some good readings falcon might be able to get the sheik in the air and up-air her to death. Its still a very very hard match, FoD sucks so much when against her... Most falcons agree this matchup is hopeless, unless ur scar or hax lol....

D

Deleted member

m2k's shiek game is a tiny bit overrated (personal experience) although he is very good at standing still next to the edge and throwing you off and never letting you back on. His technique is perfect but his habits are...

you are never supposed to get back on against shiek if she throws you off, any time falcon makes it back its a mistake. Needles go lower than falcon's edge sweetspot

shiek's f-tilt has a tiny gap where you can grab her. you can do something as simple as waveland in place in front of her to bait the tilt to grab

FoD is good for reasons I stated

I think yoshis is close to HOPELESS

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
this match is really horrible, however doesn't mean it cant be won, unless ur playing against m2k's sheik... I think cc is what destroys falcons in this match, and the gimps as well, but with some good readings falcon might be able to get the sheik in the air and up-air her to death. Its still a very very hard match, fod sucks so much when against her... Most falcons agree this matchup is hopeless, unless ur scar or hax lol....
exactly what i am saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lolsheik hate. anywho....
sheiks gay. it aint my fault.
*sheiks needles take cf out of his dashdance if hes not smart about it, and that sux for him
true
*sheiks ftilt beats EVERYTHING. even dair for some hilarious reason, provided it connects.
Nair beats ftilt if spaced well.
*in the strictest sense sheik cant 0-death falcon, but she can rack up so much damage the difference is almost negligible
pffffft, sheiks always 0-deathing falcon, but falcon only needs one grab to do the same.
*sheik can gimp cf hardcore if he gets off the stage with say at least 30% or more, its almost hopeless.
yeah, yeah, yeah...
*sheik is a slower runner than falcon, but her moves are in general MUCH faster than his
LOLOLOL no, faster run speed, better DD, shorter SHs, faster falling speed, and a faster horizontal speed makes better movement. Where did you get this from?

edit: ****, nevermind on that last remark. I thought you wrote better movement, not moves.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
*butts into conversation* I like how everyone is putting a lot of hype behind M2k/Hax's FRIENDLIES. sandbagging ftw lol.

and no CF sheik isn't 90-10, it's more like 75-25.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Serious Question Guys...

Why the hell does the matchup thread say it is 60-40? I mean is it really. I think it as least 70-30 sheik, but wtf. Comments, or discussion.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
I mean or you guys could not respond when there is someone not pro talking or someone that you guys knows goes to tourneys... neglect is one of the major reasons why some people aren't as interested in melee.:ohwell:

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
neglect is one of the major reasons why some people aren't as interested in melee.:ohwell:
Quitting melee because someone won't answer a post(s) on the :psycho:INTERNET:psycho: is worse than the guy who told me he was quitting because his controller broke and he didn't want to get used to a new one... If you want a reply, double post, go ahead, please do, but don't act like you'll quit the game over it: no need.

Why the hell does the matchup thread say it is 60-40? I mean is it really. I think it as least 70-30 sheik, but wtf. Comments, or discussion.
DD camp more. I don't think this matchup is that bad. If a sheik approaches, uair her. needle camping has never bothered me much as long as I'm patient. Once you get a hit on her, she is a combo bag.

In this matchup, neither character can really approach. Both combo fairly comparably. But sheik can camp you better and has a smaller window for punishment if you bait her or she whiffs than you do. (in general)

But really, this has been said a lot by many individuals, people grow weary of repeating themselves. Hopefully this problem will be alleviated once duckpimps matchup thread is completed.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I did not say I was going to quit, but the lack of help isn't encouraging.

Anyways, thanks for the reply and what is dd camping?
Yeah, I was grumpy that day...

DD camping is dash dance camping. Hax comes to mind as someone who is especially proficient at it.

Dart!

Smash Master
I was talking to my friends about the matchups...and then i got to thinking, there isn't a single 100-0 matchup is there? Well the friend i was talking to is a Falcon main. then i remembered sheik...

0Room

Smash Lord
Don't forget you can grab if she misses an ftilt.
However that basically only works if she does it more than once in a row, since they'll catch on to your shenanigans.

D

Deleted member

not really

you can easily do something like waveland in place in front of a shiek and 85% of shieks will instantly tilt

j00t

Smash Champion
There are a bunch of ***** *** Falcons in here who complain about matchup percents.

FALCON DOESN'T GIVE A ****, YO.

D

Deleted member

shiek i don't think is that bad but you definitely need a butt load of matchup experience first

Smile

Smash Apprentice
S2J is definitely right.

It's not a terribad match-up like most think, though I do believe it is very slightly Sheik favored.

However, you do need lots of Sheik practice to fight well against Sheik.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Umm.... 60-40 is not good at all. I would consider that more than a slight advantage. True its not like 70-30 or soemthing preposterous but Sheik definently has a CONSIDERABLE advantage over falcon. Basically yea u guys are right about the experinec thing, you must have LOTS of sheik matchup experience

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I've come up with these two amazing techs against Sheik

1. press L-R-A-Start and move your hand to a bird looking thing called "Falco".

2. take the sheik players controller and throw it across the room wobbles style. Another method is to put the controller down your pants, but since we're talking about Sheik players they will reach into your pants because they're obviously fags for picking such a gay character.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I main Sheik and this cracked me up.

Also Falcon mains, many of you need to CC grab a lot lot more. If you're good enough at combos so that you kinda cross her up if you know what I mean then you can get them to have bad DI and punish the Sheik player hard for it.

I agree with s2j actually yoshis is pretty terrible where as for me picking FoD in the past hasnt worked out too terrifically well. I actually don't think FD is that good for Falcon either surprisingly because tech chases are way easier and so are dash attacks because she can do it all the way across the stage on him.

D

Deleted member

i hate dash dance camping

defensive aerial spam imo is way better

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dash dance camping can be good, but i think its way more difficult

i played with jiano enough to see him dash dance>grab almost any character after almost any move, you just need super precise timing and spacing

but yeah, whenever i try to do it people just hit me and i fail to get out of the way, so i do defensive aerials and empty hops/double jumps a lot more

Top Bottom