• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So Zero isn't available for preorder yet ;-;. Dah well, I'll just check in weekly till it is

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know... I think it would have been a better stunt to announce a Wolf Amiibo instead of making Falco the last non-DLC Smash character to get an Amiibo. They wouldn't have to say anything other than "Star Fox Zero and Wolf Amiibo announced for a November 20, 2015 release date". People would speculate the **** out of that and it wouldn't spoil anything. Star Fox Zero being a reimagined Star Fox 64 means Wolf will be in there. They don't even need to show the Amiibo, but announce it. People would speculate the hell out of that too. What will Wolf look like? Will he be a 64-like Wolf with Assault/Smash elements? Or will he look completely different?

Right now, Falco's kind of needlessly pushed back to promote a game which he isn't the star nor is he a "major" character. He's the teammate of Star Fox and in a kind of game where you're mostly playing as Fox McCloud with his buddies quipping in every now and again. It'd be like having a Toad Amiibo promote Super Mario 3D World when Toad isn't Mario, Luigi, or Peach. It also doesn't help that Falco's not exactly a popular character, especially at launch where he more or less dropped off the face of the earth.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Y'know... I think it would have been a better stunt to announce a Wolf Amiibo instead of making Falco the last non-DLC Smash character to get an Amiibo. They wouldn't have to say anything other than "Star Fox Zero and Wolf Amiibo announced for a November 20, 2015 release date". People would speculate the **** out of that and it wouldn't spoil anything. Star Fox Zero being a reimagined Star Fox 64 means Wolf will be in there. They don't even need to show the Amiibo, but announce it. People would speculate the hell out of that too. What will Wolf look like? Will he be a 64-like Wolf with Assault/Smash elements? Or will he look completely different?

Right now, Falco's kind of needlessly pushed back to promote a game which he isn't the star nor is he a "major" character. He's the teammate of Star Fox and in a kind of game where you're mostly playing as Fox McCloud with his buddies quipping in every now and again. It'd be like having a Toad Amiibo promote Super Mario 3D World when Toad isn't Mario, Luigi, or Peach. It also doesn't help that Falco's not exactly a popular character, especially at launch where he more or less dropped off the face of the earth.
Well,Wave 1 had the E3 characters minus Mega Man
Maybe,they wanted to add Wolf and say"we were working on his amiibo since launch day of SSBU,he will release November 20th alongside Falco and his own amiibo compatible with Star Fox Zero and SSBU and SSB3DS"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, with Star Fox Zero releasing a month after the ballot ends, what do you guys think of Wolf being revealed via Direct in October? It is a month before November, when Star Fox Zero releases, after all.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
Say, with Star Fox Zero releasing a month after the ballot ends, what do you guys think of Wolf being revealed via Direct in October? It is a month before November, when Star Fox Zero releases, after all.
I don't know, November seems like a long time to wait for Wolf. I still prefer that he gets announced in late August or early September so that we don't have to wait as long.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well, the Europe (where I live) gets Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon in 2016 while America gets it this year, also Europe usually gets games later than America, so I think it's fair that the Europe gets something first.
Fair enough. I'm just a greedy American ;)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know, November seems like a long time to wait for Wolf. I still prefer that he gets announced in late August or early September so that we don't have to wait as long.
I prefer so, too. I just hope there IS a Direct this week.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
A Direct this week would be such a great birthday present even if it's a couple days early but I don't think we'll get one until October. I guess I gotta lurk Google again for Direct announcements though.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
There's been numerous directs August 29th in the past, so would it really be that far fetched to guess that there could be a direct on that day? Especially since Nintendo's never skipped August before, I think there may be a chance still, to announce it relatively soon, and host it on the 29th still.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
There's been numerous directs August 29th in the past, so would it really be that far fetched to guess that there could be a direct on that day? Especially since Nintendo's never skipped August before, I think there may be a chance still, to announce it relatively soon, and host it on the 29th still.
There's also a chance that they will announce a direct on August 28th and announce Wolf, which would the same day Star Fox Command was released in North America back in 2006.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yeah but I don't think they do Directs on the weekends since the 29th is a Saturday but anything this week would be perfect for me.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I hope they release wolf's design for zero soon. That way we can get an idea of what he'll look like in smash. (Really just prefer his brawl version tho)

Miikon

Smash Cadet
I doubt we will see a NinDirect before the successor to Iwata has been chosen. unless they make the presentation like the E3 ones, where there isn't a "host", but it just jumps from game to game and the director/producer of the relevant game take the host role.
But I cross my fingers for a NinDirect soon.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I know what he meant. I think Fox is the only one that looks good on that cover.

Slippy looks high, Peppy looks drunk, and Falco is just kind of... there.

Just my opinion, I don't really like it to be honest.
Falco refuses to look good in a Starfox game until Nintendo takes their grubby little hands off of his prey.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I don't think Wolf would get revealed this month. I'm not even sure there's going to be a Nintendo Direct with him in it given their hesitance to Directs due to Iwata's passing. But I could see a Star Fox Zero focused Direct in September October that has that tidbit at the end.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Posted it once already bruh, but the "other" option seems so dang popular during that time

Also, Krystal boosted up to the top when it was still ~26 before I slept, so I think this lost credibility already.

I don't think Wolf would get revealed this month. I'm not even sure there's going to be a Nintendo Direct with him in it given their hesitance to Directs due to Iwata's passing. But I could see a Star Fox Zero focused Direct in September October that has that tidbit at the end.
Just wanted to ask, why are you all suddenly inspecting what will he be in Smash? We're not even sure if Wolf will come, let alone along Star Fox Zero.

Or am I being pessimistic again?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Posted it once already bruh, but the "other" option seems so dang popular during that time

Also, Krystal boosted up to the top when it was still ~26 before I slept, so I think this lost credibility already.

Just wanted to ask, why are you all suddenly inspecting what will he be in Smash? We're not even sure if Wolf will come, let alone along Star Fox Zero.

No one is for sure. Not even Wolf. He might be the most likely but he's not confirmed, not yet at least.

It's going to be a long slog through September for sure.

Powerman293

Smash Ace

I just want to believe man. I mean, the fact he hasn't been confirmed or hinted yet is raising the stakes for both the for and against his return sides.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There are so many polls out there, but I facepalm at everyone that has a 3rd party character, other than Snake, with a bunch of votes. I think we've reached the limit with 3rd parties, unless its Snake, but I doubt THAT company will let him be in smash.
They'd better announce some smash news, no Nintendo news soon, before I head over to Japan to personally get the news, in my land master.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Star Fox Zero and Falco amiibo. November 20th. I think I would rather not wait for my main of my mains to finally release in amiibo form after the beginning of DLC amiibo releases and just have actual word that this is all a setup for a Wolf reveal. I am unable to figure out what they want me to expect after Roy and Ryu, who's timing was just very... random, if you ask me. So I think I'd rather wait for the unpredictability to unwind and let post ballot info unravel.
I think we've reached the limit with 3rd parties, unless its Snake, but I doubt THAT company will let him be in smash.
We must not speak of THAT name. The name that was once legendary decades ago and now has become insanely toxic. If only...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Star Fox Zero and Falco amiibo. November 20th. I think I would rather not wait for my main of my mains to finally release in amiibo form after the beginning of DLC amiibo releases and just have actual word that this is all a setup for a Wolf reveal. I am unable to figure out what they want me to expect after Roy and Ryu, who's timing was just very... random, if you ask me. So I think I'd rather wait for the unpredictability to unwind and let post ballot info unravel.
That Falco amiibo is the only amiibo I need in my collection (unless Wolf is confirmed and they make his amiibo) since he is one of my mains. And just as you say, I'd rather wait until we expected the unexpected rather than just sitting on our asses speculating and making boring theories on what may or may not happen.
We must not speak of THAT name. The name that was once legendary decades ago and now has become insanely toxic. If only...
If only THEY...can get their **** together, then Snake would still have a higher chance of returning.

Oh, I didn't notice that it was posted already. Poll creator asked me to post it as many threads as I can.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If Nintendo wants $ they'll release Wolf as dlc at SOME point. No way Lucas and Roy are looked at as 'easy cash grabs' but Wolf isn't.

Also, I'm gonna go against what's been said above and ask: what exactly is going on with Konami? Why is it 'toxic'? I'm also guessing whatever is going on with Konami is partly or fully why Snake didn't make it back?

Edit: Wait-wait-wait-wait...why does the Mewtwo amiibo, an amiibo for a dlc character come out BEFORE an amiibo for a veteran that's been in since the beginning?

Mewtwo comes out 11/13/2015 while Falco comes out 11/20/2015. It's only a week difference and Falco comes out the same day as SF0 but the Falco amiibo would have been planned since the release of Smash while Mewtwo is debatable since I don't think anyone has definitive proof that Mewtwo was planned since the beginning. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way :snake:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Edit: Wait-wait-wait-wait...why does the Mewtwo amiibo, an amiibo for a dlc character come out BEFORE an amiibo for a veteran that's been in since the beginning?

Mewtwo comes out 11/13/2015 while Falco comes out 11/20/2015. It's only a week difference and Falco comes out the same day as SF0 but the Falco amiibo would have been planned since the release of Smash while Mewtwo is debatable since I don't think anyone has definitive proof that Mewtwo was planned since the beginning. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way :snake:
It's not strictly that the amiibo must come according to release/working order. And since Falco's amiibo is sorta already considered as the Star Fox amiibo so... :/

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It's not strictly that the amiibo must come according to release/working order. And since Falco's amiibo is sorta already considered as the Star Fox amiibo so... :/
Still seems odd to me. Mewtwo isn't even being released with anything to my knowledge, just that date because. It feels to me like Falco has been ready for a while (I swore I recall seeing it was previously gonna be released in September along with the rest of the next line) but he was pushed back just to go with the release of SF0 :/

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
So at this point we know Smash Bros' Star Fox amiibos will be the only ones working with Star Fox Zero. And Falco amiibo releases the same day Star Fox Zero does, @ November 20th if I'm correct.
We only have news about Falco, and they announced he will be the only amiibo launching that day! I can't help but worrying about Wolf a bit more.

Logo12

Smash Lord
So at this point we know Smash Bros' Star Fox amiibos will be the only ones working with Star Fox Zero. And Falco amiibo releases the same day Star Fox Zero does, @ November 20th if I'm correct.
We only have news about Falco, and they announced he will be the only amiibo launching that day! I can't help but worrying about Wolf a bit more.
Where did you get that "Falco will be the only amiibo launching" tho?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
There are so many polls out there, but I facepalm at everyone that has a 3rd party character, other than Snake, with a bunch of votes. I think we've reached the limit with 3rd parties, unless its Snake, but I doubt THAT company will let him be in smash.
They'd better announce some smash news, no Nintendo news soon, before I head over to Japan to personally get the news, in my land master.
Konami would make a Metal Gear Pachinko machine before they let Snake back in Smash.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

It was in a tweet.
I'm scared about Wolf now. (What's the matter, scared?) Yes, Wolf, I am. You're not appearing everywhere, just your Wolfen. Damn Nintendo, you're forgetting him...
Greninja and Jigglypuff never happened

I highly doubt they would release a Wolf amiibo before Lucas, Ryu and Roy.

Logo12

Smash Lord

It was in a tweet.
I'm scared about Wolf now. (What's the matter, scared?) Yes, Wolf, I am. You're not appearing everywhere, just your Wolfen. Damn Nintendo, you're forgetting him...
Well at least we get a Wolfen, which, you know, is for Wolf.

Unless Wolf has designed an self-driving Wolfen that is

If Nintendo really forgets him, Hashimoto won't be out to tweet, confirming his existence...

They must be hiding something, right?... r.. right?
Greninja and Jigglypuff never happened
Wut?

Top Bottom