• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'd like 2 more pre-ballot characters based on the files found in the game, those being Wolf and Dixie Kong. Then four ballot characters, with those being K Rool, Krystal, Isaac and maybe inkling or something
If we got those 3 I have highlighted. It would be my top 3 making it in.
Dixie, Krystal and whoever else, As you said maybe inkling.
They would be icing on the cake. It would be my favourite Roster in Smash history.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
K.Rool is looking fine. Isaac has always been a long shot.

WATCH OUT FOR THE CONFLICTUAL OPINIONS AMONGST WOLF SUPPORTERS ABOUT OTHER DLC CHARACTERS
K.Rool still has a chance,Nintendo said having a Mii costume does not affect the ballot,though the chances have taken a hit
Isaac is no longer an assist trophy in both versions,they have the Brawl model to transfer,they just have to give him a moveset,possibly a tether recovery and grab,give him a voice,and BINGO,newcomer

Last edited:

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Forgive my ignorance, but what would Isaac actually do? All he is is a naked baby who shoots tears

I've never played golden sun. By the way, what are Japans top choices for a new fighter?

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
No matter how many times I mash that refresh button, nothing about a new direct comes up :(
And if there ever is one, it's probably a rumor :(
K.Rool still has a chance,Nintendo said having a Mii costume does not affect the ballot,though the chances have taken a hit
Isaac is no longer an assist trophy in both versions,they have the Brawl model to transfer,they just have to give him a moveset,possibly a tether recovery and grab,give him a voice,and BINGO,newcomer
If things were ever this easy Wolf wouldn't be cut in the first place...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Forgive my ignorance, but what would Isaac actually do? All he is is a naked baby who shoots tears

I've never played golden sun. By the way, what are Japans top choices for a new fighter?
Isaac can summon Earth-based/themed moves, count on the help of powerful summons, use a sword (think: Pit), and use Psynergy like he did in Brawl as an AT.

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Isaac can summon Earth-based/themed moves, count on the help of powerful summons, use a sword (think: Pit), and use Psynergy like he did in Brawl as an AT.
Oh, that's pretty cool actually. I was under the impression he was a psychic swordsman, but if he can use earth based moves that would make him cooler.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Oh, that's pretty cool actually. I was under the impression he was a psychic swordsman, but if he can use earth based moves that would make him cooler.
He can use other elements as well (water, fire, air) but he mostly uses earth based attacks like controlling the ground, plants, and demon skull thingamajiggys.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
If things were ever this easy Wolf wouldn't be cut in the first place...
What do you mean cut,he will come back
Wolf and Isaac are the two characters that I might main,Wolf being played alot

Moveset for Wolf:
B-Claw Blaster
>B-Wolf Shoot(using the Claw Blaster to hit the opponent)
^B-Fire Wolf
|B-Hex Reflector(Can Reflect from all directions,looks similar to Fox's,but same color as Brawl
Final Smash-Star Wolf(Wolf,Leon,and Panther shoot the opponent multiple times and they all charge up a shot like thing and shoot in a complete triangle(ILLUMANATI CONFIRMED)

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian

Moveset for Wolf:
B-Claw Blaster
^B-Fire Wolf
|B-Hex Reflector(Can Reflect from all directions,looks similar to Fox's,but same color as Brawl
Final Smash-Star Wolf(Wolf,Leon,and Panther shoot the opponent multiple times and they all charge up a shot like thing and shoot in a complete triangle(ILLUMANATI CONFIRMED)
I actually want him him to return untouched in move set, though I think everyone would agree that his final smash needs a change but it's not then end of the world and all existence if it stays.

He can use other elements as well (water, fire, air) but he mostly uses earth based attacks like controlling the ground, plants, and demon skull thingamajiggys.
I had no idea he had so much in his arsenal XD

Logo12

Smash Lord
Veterans are high up, other than that I see K Rool, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Inkling around the top, and for 3rd parties (not counting Snake) I see Arle being the most popular (akin to how Shovel Knight is, completely unknown in the other side)

Moveset for Wolf:
B-Claw Blaster
^B-Fire Wolf
I mean, as in the initial roster. If it's like what you say, throwing in a moveset, many animations, voice, etc is this easy, no characters need to be left out in the first place, let alone making them DLC. We could've easily got all veterans returning, since they're so effortless that they're basically free money.

Also, Wolf Shoot is Wolf's Up B in Japanese, Side B is Wolf Flash. Like FullOfGore said, it's better they're left untouched.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
King K. Rool is looking perfectly fine. And Isaac has never been a long shot.
Based on what? Popularity alone? He hasn't been in a proper DK game in so long they've moved on without him. If anything he will get in because it'll be his last hoorah before disappearing forever since he will be like Snake and most likely Ryu, not be seen in future smash games after. The Mii outfit isn't doing him any favours. Isaac's only gained traction because Mac made it, Mac although being a boxer based on real world concepts and the first fighter from a fighter/fighting series.

The ballot does not make characters suddenly exempt from the standard Smash criteria, and popularity means little since its a ballot not a vote.

Last edited:
Based on what? Popularity alone? He hasn't been in a proper DK game in so long they've moved on without him. If anything he will get in because it'll be his last hoorah before disappearing forever. The Mii outfit isn't doing him any favours. Isaac's only gained traction because Mac made it, Mac although being a boxer based on real world concepts and the first fighter from a fighter/fighting series.
I doubt that K. Rool would disappear if he gets into Smash.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I doubt that K. Rool would disappear if he gets into Smash.
Smash DLC is perfect for characters who don't have the sustainability to appear in every iteration but have something going for them to appear at least once. Ryu is going to most likely end up in the same Boat as Snake, and while Snake has the Konami/Kojima thing heavily going against him if the arguably more popular choice of Snake isn't coming back based on popularity alone K. Rool sure isn't. He has plenty of issues with his fundamentals which still are better than some of the questionable suggestions people put forward he isn't guaranteed by any means.

Edit: Before I forget this Wolf link for voting soon http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...tage-and-2-dlc-reps-for-one-franchise.398604/

Last edited:
Smash DLC is perfect for characters who don't have the sustainability to appear in every iteration but have something going for them to appear at least once. Ryu is going to most likely end up in the same Boat as Snake, and while Snake has the Konami/Kojima thing heavily going against him if the arguably more popular choice of Snake isn't coming back based on popularity alone K. Rool sure isn't. He has plenty of issues with his fundamentals which still are better than some of the questionable suggestions people put forward he isn't guaranteed by any means.
I didn't mean that he was a guarantee (I do think is likely though) but you stated that if he gets in, that would be his last hoorah before he disappears forever. I don't see how he would "disappear forever" if he becomes DLC. It hasn't happened to any other Smash character whose series is still going, and even characters whose series seems to have ended (retros, Earthbound, F-Zero) haven't disappeared forever, because they still appear in Smash.

EDIT: But if you want a proper answer, post that to the K. Rool thread instead of here. There are people who can answer to that better than me.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The only characters I want are Wolf and King K. Rool.

I want Wolf more, and getting both would be best outcome, but if we only get one of them, I'll be satisfied.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Based on what? Popularity alone? He hasn't been in a proper DK game in so long they've moved on without him. If anything he will get in because it'll be his last hoorah before disappearing forever since he will be like Snake and most likely Ryu, not be seen in future smash games after. The Mii outfit isn't doing him any favours. Isaac's only gained traction because Mac made it, Mac although being a boxer based on real world concepts and the first fighter from a fighter/fighting series.

The ballot does not make characters suddenly exempt from the standard Smash criteria, and popularity means little since its a ballot not a vote.
Based on the fact that he is popular, as you mentioned, but he is another Donkey Kong rep, AND another villain, AANNNNDDD another heavyweight, AAANNNNNDDDD he is perfectly unique. You are acting like relevance is the only thing that ever matters in order to get into Smash. The costume does not make that big of a dent in King K. Rool's chances. You would say that we have never had a newcomer be a costume and then be a DLC characters, blah, blah, blah, but saying that this means K. Rool is out is jumping to EXTREME conclusions.

Golden Sun is relatively well known among Nintendo fans. It has had 3 games, and if the Kid Icarus clan got three (please go ahead and say Sakurai "bias", I know that is exactly the excuse you will make) characters from 3 games, Golden Sun can sure as hell get one. Isaac has Psynergy and Earth/Plant/Air/other element based attacks, and we don't have many characters that have that diversity or uniqueness. Isaac has never, ever been a long shot.

Troykv

Smash Master
Based on the fact that he is popular, as you mentioned, but he is another Donkey Kong rep, AND another villain, AANNNNDDD another heavyweight, AAANNNNNDDDD he is perfectly unique. You are acting like relevance is the only thing that ever matters in order to get into Smash. The costume does not make that big of a dent in King K. Rool's chances. You would say that we have never had a newcomer be a costume and then be a DLC characters, blah, blah, blah, but saying that this means K. Rool is out is jumping to EXTREME conclusions.

Golden Sun is relatively well known among Nintendo fans. It has had 3 games, and if the Kid Icarus clan got three (please go ahead and say Sakurai "bias", I know that is exactly the excuse you will make) characters from 3 games, Golden Sun can sure as hell get one. Isaac has Psynergy and Earth/Plant/Air/other element based attacks, and we don't have many characters that have that diversity or uniqueness. Isaac has never, ever been a long shot.
I always wonder why Isaac has a huge fanbase with Smash Bros.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Already rerated for Wolf.
- - -
So, Sakurai said NOTHING about Wolf yet. Remember he said Ice Climbers and Ridley couldn't make it? But nothing about Wolf!
But why do press don't ask him anything about Wolf? (Famitsu...) Or Sakurai can't tell because he would give hints he's coming?

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I always wonder why Isaac has a huge fanbase with Smash Bros.
Was an assist trophy,but did not return to his Assist Trophy Status
So maybe Sakurai will make him DLC(maybe his colors will be party members like:4shulk: if he does)
He has the Brawl model,give him a moveset and aireal attacks and a Final Smash and viola,newcomer
I could think of a moveset for any character except Shantae,K.Rool,Shovel,Hunter(I don't know anout his game)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So maybe Sakurai will make him DLC(maybe his colors will be party members like:4shulk: if he does)
He has the Brawl model,give him a moveset and aireal attacks and a Final Smash and viola,newcomer
I could think of a moveset for any character except Shantae,K.Rool,Shovel,Hunter(I don't know anout his game)
You really can't think of a moveset for King K. Rool. First time I've heard that.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Already rerated for Wolf.
- - -
So, Sakurai said NOTHING about Wolf yet. Remember he said Ice Climbers and Ridley couldn't make it? But nothing about Wolf!
But why do press don't ask him anything about Wolf? (Famitsu...) Or Sakurai can't tell because he would give hints he's coming?
Dude, you're too early. The day hasn't even started.
Yeah but again, designing is never this easy. You need a moveset that accurately represents what it should represent (G&W representing the Game and Watch games, Little Mac representing actual boxing moves etc), and even when you have one ready, the animations, character outlook, voice acting, etc. There's much more than just slapping in some ideas and bam.
You really can't think of a moveset for King K. Rool. First time I've heard that.
You're hearing this the second time: I cannot think of a moveset for K Rool. I'm serious.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You're hearing this the second time: I cannot think of a moveset for K Rool. I'm serious.
Are you serious? Never played a DKC game but I can think of one right on the spot.

Let's go.
Neutral: Kannonball: Shoots a ****ing kannonball from blunderbuss.
Side: Krown Toss: throws his crown and it comes back to him
Up: Kopter Pak: Pulls out the kopter thing from DKC3 and flies up with it
Down: Ground Pound: ****ing jumps up and slams his butt on your face.

Wolf has a harder moveset to come up with than King K. Rool.

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Are you serious? Never played a DKC game but I can think of one right on the spot.

Let's go.
Neutral: Kannonball: Shoots a ****ing kannonball from blunderbuss.
Side: Krown Toss: throws his crown and it comes back to him
Up: Kopter Pak: Pulls out the kopter thing from DKC3 and flies up with it
Down: Ground Pound: ****ing jumps up and slams his butt on your face.

Wolf has a harder moveset to come up with than King K. Rool.
Now do his A moves.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Now do his A moves.
Jab combo: King K. Rool punches twice with his boxing gloves and then does a slash with his claws.
Ftilt: King K. Rool bounces his belly forward (might as well use the gold plate belly armor for something).
UTilt: King K. Rool jumps up, using his crown to attack.
DTilt: King K. Rool sweeps his claws at the opponents feet. When King K. Rool crouches, he does the fake "death" animation from DKC.
Dash Attack: King K. Rool uses his Blunderbuss to propel him forward (its shoots fire while he is holding it backwards).
NAir: K Rool spreads out and does a belly flop.
FAir: King K. Rool puts his head forward and snaps his jaws, biting multiple times.
BAir: King K. Rool turns around real quick and swipes in front of him.
UAir: Uses his crown to attack with a headbutt upwards (similar to his up tilt but he spins).
DAir: Pulls out a small klaptrap and points it downward. The klaptrap starts biting repeatedly
FSmash: King K. Rool causes a cannonball to fall right in front of him.
USmash: K Rool holds up his blunderbuss and fires a puff of gas above him.
DSmash: King K. Rool jumps up in the air and does a butt stomp (The Down B from my original post was just what most people use although I'd rather have him use the electricity pods from DKC3).

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Jab combo: King K. Rool punches twice with his boxing gloves and then does a slash with his claws.
Ftilt: King K. Rool bounces his belly forward (might as well use the gold plate belly armor for something).
UTilt: King K. Rool jumps up, using his crown to attack.
DTilt: King K. Rool sweeps his claws at the opponents feet. When King K. Rool crouches, he does the fake "death" animation from DKC.
Dash Attack: King K. Rool uses his Blunderbuss to propel him forward (its shoots fire while he is holding it backwards).
NAir: K Rool spreads out and does a belly flop.
FAir: King K. Rool puts his head forward and snaps his jaws, biting multiple times.
BAir: King K. Rool turns around real quick and swipes in front of him.
UAir: Uses his crown to attack with a headbutt upwards (similar to his up tilt but he spins).
DAir: Pulls out a small klaptrap and points it downward. The klaptrap starts biting repeatedly
FSmash: King K. Rool causes a cannonball to fall right in front of him.
USmash: K Rool holds up his blunderbuss and fires a puff of gas above him.
DSmash: King K. Rool jumps up in the air and does a butt stomp (The Down B from my original post was just what most people use although I'd rather have him use the electricity pods from DKC3).
This could work nicely for K. Rool.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I was never actually a supporter of King K. Rool myself, but I do still hope he gets in because I honestly think his supporters deserve it after all they've been through.

Troykv

Smash Master
I was never actually a supporter of King K. Rool myself, but I do still hope he gets in because I honestly think his supporters deserve it after all they've been through.
This are exactly my feelings about this. K. Rool isn't character that I'm actually a Fan; but has the exclusive right to be the only character that I believe is a "deserved one", but his chances always was bad to him (Rare Issues, be low priority against Diddy Kong, and "recency problems").

This is probably the best King's chance in Smash Bros. And maybe his Finest Hour actually arrives to him and you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welcome to the Wolf Thread! Where we talk about........King K.Rool?

D

Deleted member

WHOOPS I MADE MISTAKE SORRY.

Also, we are Rerating Wolf tomorrow in RTC, so i hope you guys are ready for next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom