• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I think in the end that eventually we are gonna get all of teh past characters and most of the past stages back as DLC. What I do want to know though, is if we are gonna get any playabel star wolf parts in Star Fox Zero? I mean Star wolf has astory too, adn as far as I know NONE of the games have really touched on it have they?
If Star fox Zero is in fact episodic like was suggested before then maybe we will get to see Alternative battles Such as in one of the Star fox command endings [I think] whre while Fox and crew were busy with one thing Star WOLF was teh group that saved teh universe. Having a game where you get to play the unseen battles, or fight hypothetical fights could be fantastic.
I mean I doubt everyone in Star wolf just sat around while Star fox Adventures was going on.

gah im rambeling and im sorry if some of that was not in topic. But of anything Smash brothers has made me REALLY wonder about the back stories behind the 'not quite spotlight' characters. Or wonder 'how did they get to where they are? WHAT makes Wolf well.. Wolf? Are the the Antithesis of Star fox? if so.. Why would they ALSO want to save teh universe? Whats his motivation? Just to beat Fox, or is it somethign else?

[been playing to much metal gear and random RPG's lately.. sorry nyaah..]

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I've made 2 observations:
1) If you pretend the sound files were never found and if the massive leak the day before the smash presentation never happened,:4feroy:&:4ryu:were released almost instantly after they were officially revealed.

It's possible that Wolf could be revealed and released on the same day like they were.

Probably won't happen, but it could happen.

2) DLC characters are always available in a bundle with Mii costumes and are accompanied with a major update.

Mewtwo came along with Mii costumes and an update that added direct access to the eshop/added DLC support.

:4lucas::4feroy:&:4ryu:also came with Mii costumes plus an update that added the Miiverse stage.

It's possible that Wolf could be released along with more Mii costumes, the 2 N64 stages and the update that adds the Tournament Mode feature all at once.

Again, these are possibilities, not guarantees, that I formed from my observations.

Both of these scenarios probably will/may never happen, but there is a pattern forming.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
What if there saving Wolf for a Star Fox Zero Nintendo Direct when the game is almost released? or like others have said before Wolf might be revealed when the tournament mode is released during August!

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I am torn between Wofl being released along with a Demo for Star fox Zero, or wolf being released alogn with tournament mode. ITS ALSO just as possible that it might be a few weeks or months before we get any word of WOLF depending on how much work they want to do in order to redesign wolf.
I think that Wolf will get a new final smash thats related to Star Fox Zero. ya know instead of a land master Maybe blast people with his wolfen? OR even better calling for back up that has the other star wolf team mates BLASTING the stage and flying in the back ground!
that or they are working on a new star fox stage and giving Fox, Falco, and Wolf different SECRET talks.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Anyway, moving on from nonsense unpopular illegitimate true clone padding characters I imagine nintendos next direct or smash update will be in 2 months time with the tourney mode? Thats probably the next time we get an update on anything from Nintendo so thatll probably be the next likely time for a character announcement.
Calm the **** down idiot. Roy and Lucas are as much of a "clone" as Wolf. They are all semiclones. And if you still deny that Roy is a semi-clone, then stay in denial, because he isn't. I want Wolf as much as the next guy, but bashing Roy and Lucas for being clones doesn't make sense, since Wolf is also a semi-clone.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
What if there saving Wolf for a Star Fox Zero Nintendo Direct when the game is almost released?
Can't believe I never thought of this.

Definitely a possibility.

I suppose there's also a chance he could also get revealed in a "general" Nintendo Direct like Lucas was, but being shown in a Star Fox Zero Direct makes much more sense.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
To admit, I learnt about Fox, Falco and Wolf from Smash Bros.
Same with me but my first Smash game was Smash 64 which I remember playing when I was in kindergarten I think so I didn't know a whole lot of Nintendo characters back then. When I first began playing, I instantly recognized :mario64::luigi64::yoshi64::pikachu64::kirby64::jigglypuff64: and :dk64: but I had no idea who :fox64::falcon64::link64::ness64:and :samus64:(I honestly thought she was a robot at first) were at the time.

When I had some time with Melee I only knew :bowsermelee::falconmelee::dkmelee::drmario::foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee::kirbymelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::mewtwomelee::nessmelee::peachmelee::pikachumelee::pichumelee::samusmelee: and :yoshimelee:. Out of all the characters from Melee that I never heard of, :marthmelee::roymelee: and :gawmelee: were very mysterious to me but I didn't begin researching any of the characters I didn't know much about until a year or two after Brawl launched.

Now move on to Smash 4 and I pretty much recognize about 95% of the roster.

Reading all those trophies back in the Brawl days did increase my knowledge of Nintendo a lot. :chuckle:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Other than Nintendo what other games at E3 caught your interest? For me it was Kingdom Hearts 3, Ratchet & Clank, Lego Dimensions, Transformers: Devastation, Shenmue 3 and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
:bowsermelee::falconmelee::dkmelee::drmario::foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee::kirbymelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::mewtwomelee::nessmelee::peachmelee::pikachumelee::pichumelee::samusmelee: and :yoshimelee:. Out of all the characters from Melee that I never heard of, :marthmelee::roymelee: and :gawmelee: were very mysterious to me but I didn't begin researching any of the characters I didn't know much about until a year or two after Brawl launched.
For Melee characters,what about :falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::linkmelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee:&:younglinkmelee:?
:gawmelee:maybe some people recognized.
:marthmelee:and:roymelee: are completely understandable,because NOBODY is the U.S. knew where they came from,maybe thought Smash started making up it's own characters.
Nope.Not until Brawl.

Troykv

Smash Master
Characters than I recognized their before Smash: :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4mii::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4wario2::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda: (:popo::ivysaur::squirtle::wolf:)

Charactar that I see first in Smash: :4falcon::4gaw::4myfriends::4lucas::4marth::4ness::4olimar::4palutena: (Brawl FS):4rob::4feroy::4shulk::4zss: (:snake:)

Characters that I know thanks for Smash (but no exactly in Smash): :4darkpit::4lucina::4robinm:

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
For Melee characters,what about :falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::linkmelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee:&:younglinkmelee:?
:gawmelee:maybe some people recognized.
:marthmelee:and:roymelee: are completely understandable,because NOBODY is the U.S. knew where they came from,maybe thought Smash started making up it's own characters.
Nope.Not until Brawl.
I forgot about Melee Link! I did recognize him and Young Link but I still had no clue who the rest were.

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
Other than Nintendo what other games at E3 caught your interest? For me it was Kingdom Hearts 3, Ratchet & Clank, Lego Dimensions, Transformers: Devastation, Shenmue 3 and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
To be honest, I think the game that MOST captured my attention was For Honor, it honsetly looked like the best new IP (that I can remember). Still, the disappointment of nintendo's E3 is just so devastating that I find it hard to focus on a game that is arriving next year...

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Before Brawl i knew: :bowser2::charizard::diddy::dk2::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucario::luigi2::mario2::peach::pikachu2::pt::sonic::squirtle::wario: and :yoshi2:.
Remember spending hours reading the trophy descriptions....
It was thanks to Brawl that i Discovered my love for Ike, Snake, Mr Game and Watch, Captain Falcon and, off course, Wolf.

Also do you guys think Wolf is gonna make an appearance in SF0?
I hope so....

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered: CEO is at the end of june, and they claim to have something huge concerning Smash.

Do you think...?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Before Brawl i knew: :bowser2::charizard::diddy::dk2::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucario::luigi2::mario2::peach::pikachu2::pt::sonic::squirtle::wario: and :yoshi2:.
Remember spending hours reading the trophy descriptions....
It was thanks to Brawl that i Discovered my love for Ike, Snake, Mr Game and Watch, Captain Falcon and, off course, Wolf.

Also do you guys think Wolf is gonna make an appearance in SF0?
I hope so....
He definitely will be. He'll even have his mode called "VS. Wolf"

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I think that might be possible. Haven't heard much about multiplayer in the game though.
Do we even know if there's gonna be a multiplayer mode? I heard something about not having an online mode but thats about it...

I'd love to see Wolf return, he was great! Please add him Sakurai!
We all do, my friend...
Welcome to Smashboards :)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The Brawl trophy descriptions were pure gold mines. Sm4sh's are just about how a character plays and silly puns.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I just remembered: CEO is at the end of june, and they claim to have something huge concerning Smash.

Do you think...?
CEO? Anyway I agree with what many of you have been saying. We have our next big Smash update coming in August. We know Tourney is coming then and I'm certain the N64 Stages will come along with it. At least one character too. Wolf is a likely candidate.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
From the 64 days I was familiar with everyone except :ness64: as EB's existence was not known to me at the time. In SSBM, :marthmelee:, :roymelee: and :icsmelee: were new to me. At first I didn't know who :gawmelee: was...until I actually saw him(I had played at least one Game & Watch Gallery game prior to the GCN's existence). For SSBB, the only characters I didn't recognize were :ike: and :lucas:. I recognize all newcomers in Smash 4.

As for the whole E3 thing, I really don't think Nintendo's presentation is as bad as everyone's making it out to be. Sure, it didn't reach the level of last year's Digital Event by a long shot, but it wasn't outright bad. Is it just the salt from not seeing hide nor hair of Wolf?:troll: That said, there are some games that took me by surprise. M&L Paper Jam looks very promising, though I hope to see a true Paper Mario sometime in the near future. Federation Force looks like it might be fun, in comical sort of way. I am very much a fan of the Mario Tennis series, though I'm still waiting for a sequel to Power Tennis. Ultra Smash still looks enjoyable. I've never really got involved in multiplayer LoZ's, but I might be willing give Triforce Heroes a shot.

At least we got Xenoblade X's ETA. That is my main target of the year.

....Nintendo should really enlist the Robot Chicken team's help for future Digital Events. Puppets aren't really my style.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
In the N64 days, I was already familiar with :dk64:, :jigglypuff64:, :luigi64:, :mario64:, :pikachu64: and :yoshi64:. I wasn't familiar with the rest of them until I played their games years later. In Melee, :falcomelee:, :ganondorfmelee:, :icsmelee:, :marthmelee:, :gawmelee:, :roymelee:, :sheikmelee: and :zeldamelee: were fresh new faces to me. I'm pretty much familiar with most of the roster in Brawl except :ike:, :lucas:, :olimar:, :pit:, :rob:, :snake:, :toonlink:, and :wolf:. This was also the game where I finally learned that :samus2: was actually a woman :zerosuitsamus:. lol
I already know most of the Sm4sh newcomers except for :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit:.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
In the N64 days, I was already familiar with :dk64:, :jigglypuff64:, :luigi64:, :mario64:, :pikachu64: and :yoshi64:. I wasn't familiar with the rest of them until I played their games years later. In Melee, :falcomelee:, :ganondorfmelee:, :icsmelee:, :marthmelee:, :gawmelee:, :roymelee:, :sheikmelee: and :zeldamelee: were fresh new faces to me. I'm pretty much familiar with most of the roster in Brawl except :ike:, :lucas:, :olimar:, :pit:, :rob:, :snake:, :toonlink:, and :wolf:. This was also the game where I finally learned that :samus2: was actually a woman :zerosuitsamus:. lol
I already know most of the Sm4sh newcomers except for :4duckhunt: and :4wiifit:.
So you never used :samus64: and got zapped by something and saw not a skeleton, but a chick? :troll:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I already knew about Wii Fit,maybe trainer but I can't remember.
How could you not know who the Dog is?I knew years in advance.
Anyway,what have I done to start this chain of who's familiar with what characters,with tons of smilies no less?

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
I started with Melee when I was about 8. I knew the Mario crew, Zelda crew, Poke crew, DK and Yoshi, meaning I got to know Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, Kirby, G&W, Marth, Ness, Roy, and of course Fox and Falco. When Brawl came around, I already knew who Wolf was after playing Star Fox 64, as well as the Kirby crew, so I didn't know Pit, Snake, Lucas, Ike and ZSS. I love how Smash has influenced the games I've played :)

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
This was also the game where I finally learned that :samus2: was actually a woman :zerosuitsamus:.
I didn't find out Samus was a girl until I played Event Match 15: Girl Power in Melee, I was wondering why Samus who I thought was a guy was with Peach and Zelda. lol

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
When I was about 6 or 7. A friend of mine got Brawl when it had just came out. I wasn't really into to video games at the time, but I recognized every character that was tied to the :mario2: franchise(:mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2::dk2::diddy::yoshi2::warioc:). I knew who :pikachu2: was because Pokemon was so popular and I had watched some episodes of the anime before. I thought :pt: was Ash Ketchum from the tv show, so you could say I recognized him. I did recognize :squirtle:,:ivysaur:, and:charizard: because they were really popular pokemon. The only other person I knew was :sonic: because his series was really popular as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already knew about Wii Fit,maybe trainer but I can't remember.
How could you not know who the Dog is?I knew years in advance.
Anyway,what have I done to start this chain of who's familiar with what characters,with tons of smilies no less?
I wasn't born at the time his game came out. None of my friends or my family members never mentioned him, which is why I wasn't familiar with who Duck Hunt is?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I'm sure we won't end up in a situation where we have zero announcement or release before SFZ. That would be an interesting situation indeed.

Calm the **** down idiot. Roy and Lucas are as much of a "clone" as Wolf. They are all semiclones. And if you still deny that Roy is a semi-clone, then stay in denial, because he isn't. I want Wolf as much as the next guy, but bashing Roy and Lucas for being clones doesn't make sense, since Wolf is also a semi-clone.
Was referring to actual clones like Dark Pit and Doctor Mario, never said Roy or Luicas. please refrain from making inappropriate and unecessary comments in future, no need to angry rant I'm quite calm friend perhaps take your own advice. Statistically Wolf is the least clone character out of any combination of clone characters in any game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom