• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well no information about Wolf, which is slightly disappointing, but at least we got to see what Star Fox Zero was about. I just hope like hell that Nintendo will allow a classic control style for those of us that don't necessarily want to be bothered with gyro controls.

Doesn't the Smash Ballot last until sometime in October? If so, SOMETHING should happen within that time frame, be it Wolf and/or someone else.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Well no information about Wolf, which is slightly disappointing, but at least we got to see what Star Fox Zero was about. I just hope like hell that Nintendo will allow a classic control style for those of us that don't necessarily want to be bothered with gyro controls.

Doesn't the Smash Ballot last until sometime in October? If so, SOMETHING should happen within that time frame, be it Wolf and/or someone else.
Honestly, Wolf is probably not the ballot character
Because it's obvious he's gonna come back anyway, I do really think Sakurai and his team are working on him right now for a cross promotion with a new Star Fox Zero trailer for a future Nintendo Direct. It just makes too much sense for him to be the next veteran announced. Be confident guys, he's probably already on his way! :D
:wolf::wolf::wolf:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Honestly, Wolf is probably not the ballot character
Because it's obvious he's gonna come back anyway, I do really think Sakurai and his team are working on him right now for a cross promotion with a new Star Fox Zero trailer for a future Nintendo Direct. It just makes too much sense for him to be the next veteran announced. Be confident guys, he's probably already on his way! :D
:wolf::wolf::wolf:
Since falco ambio is releasing the same time as Star Fox Zero, would Wolf be released around the same time?

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I'm pretty sure Wolf will be announced as DLC soon. They're probably waiting on a good time to surprise us.

I'm actually hoping that we don't get a wolf leak cause I for one want to get surprised by his reveal. Something that was ruined from the Ryu and Roy leak.

Also I want to play as the badass Wolf, he's more fun to play than Puberty Fox and Falco. Don't get me wrong both Fox and Falco are fun as well but after going back to Brawl for a bit and trying out Wolf again, I say that Wolf is just more fun IMO.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm pretty sure Wolf will be announced as DLC soon. They're probably waiting on a good time to surprise us.

I'm actually hoping that we don't get a wolf leak cause I for one want to get surprised by his reveal. Something that was ruined from the Ryu and Roy leak.

Also I want to play as the badass Wolf, he's more fun to play than Puberty Fox and Falco. Don't get me wrong both Fox and Falco are fun as well but after going back to Brawl for a bit and trying out Wolf again, I say that Wolf is just more fun IMO.
I recently went back to playing Brawl myself just to play as Wolf again. I still remember how much fun he was to play as.

And I was pissed as **** when they leaked Roy and Ryu a day before the Smash new content stream. Leaks ruin surprises for everyone.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I'd be perfectly fine with a leak just to know he is actually coming back. At the moment there's quite a lot of evidence suggesting he will come back but so far it's not guaranteed which is annoying. There is still plenty of hope prior to the game launching of him being announced or released.

August is our next most likely time for Wolf to be announced as we get close to SFZ when Nintendo does its next direct and we get some more info on details of the game itself, Amiibo support, tourney mode for smash etc...

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Yay, another 2 month wait.

Don't disappoint me this time.

----

Also, to those who hopes datamining can help, isn't the leak of Roy and Ryu confirmed by further leaking the 1.0.8 update released? If they don't mention about Wolf there, I don't think one can find anything more than just the Royu in this update.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Yay, another 2 month wait.

Don't disappoint me this time.

----

Also, to those who hopes datamining can help, isn't the leak of Roy and Ryu confirmed by further leaking the 1.0.8 update released? If they don't mention about Wolf there, I don't think one can find anything more than just the Royu in this update.
Though maybe as an apology for this digital event they'll reveal some stuff in July. Also keep an eye on the treehouse, they might play the level with Wolf in it.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Meh, I dunno about those stuff.

Right now, sorry if I sound like a monster but I can feel hype(?) just by tasting the salt in Krystal's campaign starting from page 213. All those SF0 hates given JUST BECAUSE Krystal isn't in. The salt is real.

I need medical help.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
*checks Krystal's campaign thread*

Ooo wee! Somebody call the CDC cuz there's a salt epidemic going on!

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Since I never played any StarFox games I only learned who Fox, Falco, and Wolf was from Smash Bros. I only learned who Krystal was after playing a certain online game. lol

Logo12

Smash Lord
To admit, I learnt about Fox, Falco and Wolf from Smash Bros too. But at the moment I saw Fox and Wolf, I loved them instantly. I had had several researches then on Star Fox, Smash Bros and stuff. Then I started to try Star Fox SNES, tho it was when I was having my 2nd Term Test, so I got distracted and stuff. (And my ranks dropped from the 1st to the 12th so... :/)

And eventually I tried more games like Star Fox 64 (Was extremely satisfying to play, tho I played the Japanese version because why not) and Super Smash Brothers 64 (Japanese too), and then Star Fox Adventures (Couldn't finish, my computer broke when I played 1/4 of the game, and I cannot proceed due to emulator/image errors.), and Melee (Extremely laggy, runs from 31 fps to even 13 fps). Then I got a chance to play Smash Bros for 3DS, learning about ballots, and a few weeks later I joined here.

Heh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why the :shaker::salt::shaker::salt::salt::salt::shaker::salt::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::salt::salt::salt: here?

Wolf is pretty much a guarantee at this point. Even if StarFox Wii U didn't how Wolf as Smash DLC as of yet, this was the first time they actually showed the game! Plus, we got 3 ****ing DLC characters like, 3 days ago? :4feroy::4ryu::4lucas: Two of them which should be "considered" as a --> 'HUGE surprise' <-- even. So why the salt? :shaker:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Why the :shaker::salt::shaker::salt::salt::salt::shaker::salt::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::salt::salt::salt: here?

Wolf is pretty much a guarantee at this point. Even if StarFox Wii U didn't how Wolf as Smash DLC as of yet, this was the first time they actually showed the game! Plus, we got 3 ****ing DLC characters like, 3 days ago? :4feroy::4ryu::4lucas: Two of them which should be "considered" as a --> 'HUGE surprise' <-- even. So why the salt? :shaker:
We've been saying Wolf is a guarantee for a while now, and we've got nothing to re-assure ourselves with, that and we're salty about Nintendo's lackluster E3

Logo12

Smash Lord

Because this is basically what people say all the time? Since Mewtwo happened, everyone say he's guaranteed. Lucas went, so are Roy and Ryu, and the lack of Smash news in E3. It is impossible for all of us not to worry a bit about Wolf now.

Also, MapleWooD's point.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well heres going to be a update in august clearly so before or the same day as release of the update wolf will be shown.

That got confirmed by tourny mode being released in august

Plus in that update we are probably looking at temple 64 and mario 64 stages from the direct in this update.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Again: 3 different characters where released for DLC just 3 days ago. You think E3 is the only time they gonna showcase StarFox Zero? Wolf will be revealed eventually.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Again: 3 different characters where released for DLC just 3 days ago. You think E3 is the only time they gonna showcase StarFox Zero? Wolf will be revealed eventually.
Yes, 3 characters are released. What's worrying is that while there is no reason for Wolf not to be in, after THREE character reveals there is still no Wolf.

While SF0 may not be only showcased in E3, that is probably the only sense-making time to announce Wolf alongside Star Fox. So of course we will feel disappointed about the direct, not mentioning how that SF-to-Mario-transition being so hype deflating and stuff.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, 3 characters are released. What's worrying is that while there is no reason for Wolf not to be in, after THREE character reveals there is still no Wolf.

While SF0 may not be only showcased in E3, that is probably the only sense-making time to announce Wolf alongside Star Fox. So of course we will feel disappointed about the direct, not mentioning how that SF-to-Mario-transition being so hype deflating and stuff.
Working at 4 characters at once, do you think that's even possible? They showcased Lucas after Mewtwo's release, but they where also obviously working on Ryu and Roy at the time. It's also very possible they are working on other DLC characters, so we might just hear about Wolf when those other character(s?) are further in development. I just don't see no reason to stress about this... Wolf is about 99,98% guaranteed.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
We have nothing to be excited about either. All summer, I will probably be ignoring SmashBoards and such because we have absolutely nothing to wait on. Tourney and the 64 stages are cool and all, but, they are not anything super ground breaking exciting.

Also within a span of like 8 months, they sure as hell better be working on more than 4 characters. That is about a quarter of the time it took to make the whole game.

Trust me guys, Wolf is coming.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Working at 4 characters at once, do you think that's even possible? They showcased Lucas after Mewtwo's release, but they where also obviously working on Ryu and Roy at the time. It's also very possible they are working on other DLC characters, so we might just hear about Wolf when those other character(s?) are further in development. I just don't see no reason to stress about this... Wolf is about 99,98% guaranteed.
You're missing my point... I've never said that I wanted them to develop 4 characters at once, but that if Wolf can be DLC, he could have been available/worked since long.

Also, if anything, you're the one bringing back the topic up. So let's stop here?

@ Yoshisaurus Rex Yoshisaurus Rex LOL'd

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Besides Star Fox Zero the only other games that got my interest was Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Yoshi's Wooly World and Hyrule Warriors Legends. Anyone else have their games of interest?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Besides Star Fox Zero the only other games that got my interest was Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Yoshi's Wooly World and Hyrule Warriors Legends. Anyone else have their games of interest?
Woolly World is definitely a must-buy for me. I considering getting Star Fox Zero too. Other than those two, nothing really interests me.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam and Star Fox Zero are the only games that interested me enough to warrant a thought about purchasing them.

Hyrule Warriors Legends meant that the Wii U would no longer have that game exclusively, which is one of the reasons why I was planning on getting it.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
If there's any consolation, Club Nintendo shuts down the end of this month, so maybe we'll get a update then.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Even if development literally started today, 2-4 months development time seems like that'd be more then enough time if they managed to pump out Lucas, Roy and Ryu when was far as we knew at one point Mewtwo would be a one-off DLC character.

The next time we will likely get an update from Nintendo About SFZ/Smash/Wolf/Amiibo is August. By then I imagine at least an announcement as some kind of promotion to go along with the release of SFZ which as I mentioned even if it started today would be plenty of time given SFZ's release date and how fast they can pump stuff out.

If there's any consolation, Club Nintendo shuts down the end of this month, so maybe we'll get a update then.
Club Nintendo for the entire world isnt shutting down till like really close to the announcement of the new program. The US one is shutting pretty early compared to other places.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Only interested in SF0 here, but my brother also wants Mario&Luigi: Paper Jam, Wooly World and maybe Mario Maker.

Idk, Yoshi's Wooly World is interesting, but we've basically gotten the same news about it every directs we have. I seriously have no interest to watch the direct right when Reggie starts throwing bullcrap about how Star Fox Zero is so irrelevantly "similar-themed" as the big ol' Mario.

Speaking of that, I find it funny that apparently Reggie surprised us by saying no Mario games in last year's E3, but this year, he just went on praising on how their overrepresented franchise gives them so much money and fame.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
To admit, I learnt about Fox, Falco and Wolf from Smash Bros too.
Same here.Actually learned about almost all these characters through Smash.Saw a video years ago about all Brawl characters,and my reactions were simple.
Characters I recognized::mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2::dk2::diddy::yoshi2::wario::link2:,I think:rob:,:pikachu2:(At the time,I thought Pokemon was a stupid cartoon that was Cartoon Network exclusive.):lucario: and:sonic:.
However,when I saw:zelda::sheik::ganondorf::toonlink::samus2::zerosuitsamus::pit::popo::kirby2::metaknight::dedede::olimar::fox::falco::wolf::falcon::pt::charizard::squirtle::ivysaur::jigglypuff::marth::ike::ness2::lucas::gw:&:snake:,I was thinking:Who's that?
Didn't know anything about Nintendo other than Mario.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I begin touching Smash from Brawl in the Family, which I still thought was a random webcomic about different Nintendo games (Didn't know Smash Bros was a thing)

However, having a NDS, I learned much more about Nintendo characters before Smash. For the examples given from you, the characters I will remember the name is:

:bowser2::charizard::dedede::diddy::dk2::ivysaur::jigglypuff::kirby2::link2::lucario::luigi2::mario2::peach::pikachu2::pt::sonic::squirtle::wario::yoshi2::zelda:

And the ones I may perhaps recognize (but not name):
:ganondorf::metaknight::rob::samus2:(Meta Knight due to not knowing his name in Chinese, ROB due to Mario Kart, Samus due to Tetris DS)

And the ones I learned about only after BitF (but before recognizing Brawl):

:falcon::popo::pit::sheik::snake::zerosuitsamus:

The ones I learned when I revisited BitF after knowing the existence of Smash Bros:

:fox::olimar::ness2:

And the ones I found way after BitF ended, when I started researching about Smash Bros:

:falco::ike::lucas::marth::gw::toonlink::wolf:

So yeah, Wolf is on the very late part of my knowledge about Brawl, but I really loved his appearance and stuff.

Wolf (and Fox) might be the only reason I actually started playing Smash Bros btw, just by watching stuff about them, learning how Wolf's perceived as a "clone", then proceeded to learn the actual mechanics, etc... Before I actually played Smash.

Sooo.... yeah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom