• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm more disappointed at the presentation, than at the lack of a Wolf DLC announcement. *why did they waste so much time talking about Yarn Yoshi?*:mad: Hopefully more stuff is announced throughout the week.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
They spent way too much time on stuff we either already know about or stuff that I don't think people care about. Like what in the world was that Metroid game? What the heck was that?

I was really rather bored watching this E3. The last couple years it was nothing but a hype fest, but this year, it was just "Mario 30th Anniversary and Friends".

Only exciting thing that we did not already know fully about was Star Fox Zero. And I don't even have a Wii U, so I can't even play it.

At the end, when Reggie was like "to close" I was like "HERE WE GO WOLF!"

And then he was like "Mario changed gaming" and then a pointless montage of people singing Mario Bros.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
StarFox is the only thing that saved that presentation. Although the visual were underwhelming, it still looked awesome to play.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Since Zero is a reimagining using what most likely is the 64 Wolf that might be why he isn't in Smash right now. Hopefully they do a Wario and give him Assault Wolf and Zero Wolf skins. I imagine sometime between now and Zero's release they will have a direct or update or something showing more gameplay/character intro's etc... and announce Wolf as playable then. Perhaps around tournament mode time.

While I don't agree that Doctor Mario and Dark Pit are illegitimate characters, I do think that if they can bring back fan favorites like Roy and Lucas, then I'm sure they'll bring back Wolf. He's most likely gonna be the next revealed dlc character.
"Dark Pit is my favourite nintendo character"
"I wish Doctor Mario was Super Mario 64 instead of Regular Mario"

Said no-one ever. No-one cares about them at all. They don't deserve actual character slots above real and unique characters. They are pure padding.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
It feels really disappointing now that we have to wait at least 2 months to see if they would add and more DLC characters.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Since Zero is a reimagining using what most likely is the 64 Wolf that might be why he isn't in Smash right now. Hopefully they do a Wario and give him Assault Wolf and Zero Wolf skins. I imagine sometime between now and Zero's release they will have a direct or update or something showing more gameplay/character intro's etc... and announce Wolf as playable then. Perhaps around tournament mode time.

"Dark Pit is my favourite nintendo character"
"I wish Doctor Mario was Super Mario 64 instead of Regular Mario"

Said no-one ever. No-one cares about them at all. They don't deserve actual character slots above real and unique characters. They are pure padding.
Dude Dark Pit/Pittoo is actually really cool in Uprising. I can see why people would really love the character. The only unfortunate thing is that he's so close to Pit in Smash. But it makes sense

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
I'm confident that Wolf will be revealed in due time, especially since he's in the upcoming Star Fox game. Don't lose hope guys.

The Nintendo E3 however...

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well, Star Fox Zero looked great but sadly, no Wolf.

(I know the picture is missing the "I"s :p)

EDIT: Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam DOES NOT look good at all to me.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
The real question on my mind is...

Why's Pigma here, and back on Star Wolf?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Idk the presentation had some exciting games in it, it just didn't tap into them enough, which made it appear generally half-assed. The fire emblems look good, starfox looks great, wooly world is a yoshis island nostalgia trip that looks charming and fun (even innovative!), multiplayer zelda sounds like a ton of fun for my fiance and I, and I'm sure Mario maker will get a ton of mileage online from Mario fans. However, metroid titans go! And animal crossing party 11 werent terribly appealing and another total lack of third party rep means every 1st party game must be bang-on. They werent.

No wolf announcement was disappointing but expected. We just got three fighters so give it time. We'll get our day.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

My guess is Miya has decided to twist the whole canon chronology of the series around and is going to refine it all with new episodes over the upcoming years.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

The teams seem to hearken back to the pre-64 era with the original Star Fox team (w/o Krystal) and Star Wolf. Pigma is shown and Wolf and Andrew are revealed in the trailer through the letters above their Wolfens showing "W" and "A". Haven't seen Leon yet. Miyamoto has stated that this game isn't a remake or prequel but another game on its own making it seem like an alternate universe.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
the character designs look ****ing disgusting. You don't even understand how disappointed I am
I actually like the new designs. It's the smash bros designs (which are my favourite) mixed with 64, while giving them realistic fur and features like in the original artwork for the first Star Fox.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The realistic fur kills the design. It makes Fox look creepy. Is that box art for real?

Last edited:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
From what I can tell the presontation for nintendo this year was not so much on Transformation, but on Group and cooperative play. Aside from the awesome looking star fox game [Admittedly havent played any of them but I might have to, any good ones for 3ds? I like the idea of space, sky and land battles in a game] pretty much every other game had a focus on multiplayer or cooperative game play. Even teh Star fox game seemed to have a focus on in game characters helping eachother out. While I personally was really happy about the large amount of 3ds love that I saw, the lack of Single and Solo game play does seeem a bit off putting.

so.. when do ya think the Arwing and Wolfen Amiibo are gonna be coming out? ;P [lol SO MUCH AMIIBO!!! DAYUM!!]

Oh yeah and as for pigma and such, Im gonan GUESS star fox Zero is a Super prequal to most of the games we have seen before. Hell maybe James is playable.. how much of a head kicker would that one be? Playing a super young Fox and the people who woudl eventually join him in new star fox. Even the graphics seem to relate back to past games dont they?

Last edited:
Top Bottom