• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
im stil kicking myself for not gettign the Link Amiibo when I saw it once.. -sigh- but at the time I had no idea it would relate to SO MANY GAMES.. seriously..

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, that wasn't the best Digital Event presentation I've ever seen. Star Fox Zero looks really awesome, though. I can honestly say that "We're gonna have fun with this thing" this holiday season when it comes out. It's a shame that Wolf wasn't confirmed as the next Sm4sh DLC fighter but I actually expected it wouldn't happen. However, as I've said before, I will remain hopeful that he would eventually.

Aside from that, the rest is just new trailers and gameplay footages of already announced games like Fire Emblem: Fates, which I'm pretty excited about, and new games I'm not interested in getting besides Zelda: Triforce Heroes.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well, that wasn't the best Digital Event presentation I've ever seen. Star Fox Zero looks really awesome, though. I can honestly say that "We're gonna have fun with this thing" this holiday season when it comes out. It's a shame that Wolf wasn't confirmed as the next Sm4sh DLC fighter but that was expected. As I've said, I will remain hopeful that he would eventually.

Aside from that, the rest is just new trailers and gameplay footages of already announced games like Fire Emblem: Fates, which I'm pretty excited about, and new games I'm not interested in getting besides Zelda: Triforce Heroes.
Star Fox Zero looked great. I was disappointed about no Wolf though but like you said it wasn't expected for him to show up. I was interested in Mario and Luigi Paper Jam and Zelda Triforce Heroes. No other new games shown off for the first time hyped me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Star Fox Zero looked great. I was disappointed about no Wolf though but like you said it wasn't expected for him to show up. I was interested in Mario and Luigi Paper Jam and Zelda Triforce Heroes. No other new games shown off for the first time hyped me.
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks alright. However, I'm not really a fan of the Mario & Luigi games.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I hope you guys don't mind me asking, but can you add me as a supporter for this thread? Thanks.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I've seen people going around saying SF0 looks, graphics wise, rubbish. Am I the only one who thinks otherwise?

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Is there more to come tommorow or in two days or was today all they planned to show for this year at E3?

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
We may not have Wolf...the puppet parts were funny though,especially with the Iwata and bananas reference.
This may have been an awful E3,but at least I have all of you to hope for Wolf with.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well, that wasn't the best Digital Event presentation I've ever seen. Star Fox Zero looks really awesome, though. I can honestly say that "We're gonna have fun with this thing" this holiday season when it comes out. It's a shame that Wolf wasn't confirmed as the next Sm4sh DLC fighter but I actually expected it wouldn't happen. However, as I've said before, I will remain hopeful that he would eventually.

No it wasent...it was the worse...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So I've been hearing how people at e3 are complaining how they can't handle gyro controls or the graphics for SF 0. Just lol

I've seen people going around saying SF0 looks, graphics wise, rubbish. Am I the only one who thinks otherwise?
The game looks great so far. Obviously it's going to get more polished as the months go by. Fox's fur, the stylized art direction, and the animated character head icons don't bother me either. It looks like it's paying homage to SNES-N64 Star Fox in a good way. Just by looking at the trailers the series looks like it's heading in the right direction, and just when I lost hope too.

So to be on the same page here, Star Fox 0 is a Retcon? Like for example, how DC and Marvel revisions the stories of their popular titles?

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, they certainly look better than Assault overall, but there wasn't a zinger really. To do this, they'd have to pull off something better than the intro mission of Assault.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Star Fox 0 from what I hear is a sequel to 64. I think they're starting with the series again after 64.

Edit: Kat was confirmed to appear in one of the levels in the demo. That most likely means Bill will be in as well. General Pepper appears in Corneria. Also Miyamoto confirmed the Smash Bros Fox and Falco amiibos will be compatible with Star Fox 0.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Wow, I struggled to put myself into sleep just to wait for the news and this is what happened? :(

This is basically what I hear from all the comments:

1. No Wolf
2. Star Fox Zero, new Mario and Luigi game, nothing else interesting
3. The E3 was bull****

So yeah, on first impression, the new game doesn't look too bad, but it seems they're either making a non-canon, or remaking the series, throwing Adventures, Assault, Command out of the window, making THEM non-canon. Krystal was kill tho. (Yes I'm happy, don't kill meh)

For now, I don't feel really disappointed, for some reason. Haven't seen anything about the E3 yet, decided to save everything until I finish my today's Exam, to prevent any distraction and stuff.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wow, I struggled to put myself into sleep just to wait for the news and this is what happened? :(

This is basically what I hear from all the comments:

1. No Wolf
2. Star Fox Zero, new Mario and Luigi game, nothing else interesting
3. The E3 was bull****

So yeah, on first impression, the new game doesn't look too bad, but it seems they're either making a non-canon, or remaking the series, throwing Adventures, Assault, Command out of the window, making THEM non-canon. Krystal was kill tho. (Yes I'm happy, don't kill meh)

For now, I don't feel really disappointed, for some reason. Haven't seen anything about the E3 yet, decided to save everything until I finish my today's Exam, to prevent any distraction and stuff.
Imma kill yer.
This is a joke.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone hoping for the new patch to datamined so that Wolf can be leaked along with the 6th DLC fighter?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So, if the series is being remade like they say, does this mean Krystal is kill?
I think it's too early to say honestly (I think she ded). Miyamoto was going with an episodic direction with SF0 right? I think magic needs to stay far away from Star Fox but if they really want to tie in the Dino Planet lore as a future episode then have DP fit with the aesthetic of Star Fox. What can the magic on DP do that Fox's trained team of mercenaries can't do with technology? It doesn't look like there's on foot combat so if Krystal comes back she'll either be in an Arwing (which her primitive ass will somehow learn with no problems) or just have her ride that flying dinosaur. I prefer riding a flying dinosaur through space with a cute helmet on.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think it's too early to say honestly (I think she ded). Miyamoto was going with an episodic direction with SF0 right? I think magic needs to stay far away from Star Fox but if they really want to tie in the Dino Planet lore as a future episode then have DP fit with the aesthetic of Star Fox. What can the magic on DP do that Fox's trained team of mercenaries can't do with technology? It doesn't look like there's on foot combat so if Krystal comes back she'll either be in an Arwing (which her primitive *** will somehow learn with no problems) or just have her ride that flying dinosaur. I prefer riding a flying dinosaur through space with a cute helmet on.
The game is a reimagining of the first and 64. Therefore takes place before Krystal appears. You also don't see Panther Caroso in Star Wolf because he hasn't appeared yet.

mark welford

Smash Ace
If one thing must come out this day it should be seeing my sister admit she was wrong about the NBA finals at 8:00 I'm going to go and watch the NBA finals.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
If one thing must come out this day it should be seeing my sister admit she was wrong about the NBA finals at 8:00 I'm going to go and watch the NBA finals.
Have fun,buddy.I'll be here,wishing things could've gone differently.
No,The Big N had to be different,as always.I love Nintendo,but in some areas they need to get their heads in the game.
F-Zero,Samus,Mother 3,so much could've been...but no...
Different.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
When the Digital Event began and Miyamoto threw away that muzzle I was about to say... WOLF?! And instantly linked it to Smash.
My obsession with Wolf can't be worse! I was going to cry out of hope, everytime Sakurai announced other DLC chars.
Now please Sakurai, notice Wolf, Senpai... Remember to vote for him, only way Sakurai will notice him and add him back~!
WOLF FANS REUNITE!! :wolf:
Edit: BTW Can someone explain me why Sakurai didn't say a word about why is he out? Hmm... he had a reason for Ice Climbers but nothing for Wolf yet...

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I know,but I want F-Zero.Y'know,:4falcon:F-Zero?
JK.
When the Digital Event began and Miyamoto threw away that muzzle I was about to say... WOLF?! And instantly linked it to Smash.
Thought the EXACT same thing.
Had my reaction to the whole thing recorded from YouCam.Lots of it is me just sitting there in silence.
Welp,
into the irretrievable depths of deletion for this.A whole hour and not once was I super excited.That's sad.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Nintendo's E3 digital conference was mostly underwhelming, but Star Fox Zero looks really really awesome. All the transformations look great and the gameplay looks good as usual. Of course the development team is still working on it and will look polished when the game is ready for release.

Not surprised that Wolf wasn't announced for Smash but he will soon. His time will come. I have a feeling he will be a pre-ballot selection.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Looks like we all need to get back to voting for Wolf in the ballot.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I was actually not surprised that Wolf was not revealed. I had a feeling he would not be in the event. But man, did the Digital Event suck!? Only the new Star Fox game was good. Gotta love those Arwing walkers, btw.

Say, I know that August may be the most likely time for Wolf to be revealed, but who thinks that we may see him revealed in July, or at least get some hints that he could be in by then?

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I just heard Wolf wasn't announced today (I was out with no Internet all day). So while the presentation was happening I was riding a rollercoaster howling rather than screaming in hopes of him coming back. I'm not crazy, I swear xD

But it is my 18th birthday tomorrow, so maybe Sakurai wants to give me a birthday present :)

I refuse to give up hope guys, and I hope you'll all join me :p

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
I just heard Wolf wasn't announced today (I was out with no Internet all day). So while the presentation was happening I was riding a rollercoaster howling rather than screaming in hopes of him coming back. I'm not crazy, I swear xD

But it is my 18th birthday tomorrow, so maybe Sakurai wants to give me a birthday present :)

I refuse to give up hope guys, and I hope you'll all join me :p
I agree with you, man. We should keep pushing on so that Wolf can join the roster in Smash 4.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Now dark pit and doctor mario i agree with (even though i like both)

But wolf?

Did you even play brawl wolf is not even close to a fox clone

Wolf is more luigifyed than luigi
I wasnt saying Wolf is a clone, I was saying if nonsense characters like Dr Mario and Dark Pit then a Real character like Wolf is a shoe in. He is the least clone out of anyone. Calm down bud.

Dude Dark Pit/Pittoo is actually really cool in Uprising. I can see why people would really love the character. The only unfortunate thing is that he's so close to Pit in Smash. But it makes sense
Out of all of Nintendo's characters no-one was asking for him in Smash, he might be alright in his own game but not in Smash. Link's Dark version is a skin, Pit has a dark pit skin. Dark Pit just has zero justification in being in smash. Junk him and bring in Wolf.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I wasnt saying Wolf is a clone, I was saying if nonsense characters like Dr Mario and Dark Pit then a Real character like Wolf is a shoe in. He is the least clone out of anyone. Calm down bud.

Out of all of Nintendo's characters no-one was asking for him in Smash, he might be alright in his own game but not in Smash. Link's Dark version is a skin, Pit has a dark pit skin. Dark Pit just has zero justification in being in smash. Junk him and bring in Wolf.
People wanted Dark Pit, just not as a Pit clone. Dark Pit is a fairly popular character you know and he didn't hold back Wolf from Smash.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
People wanted Dark Pit, just not as a Pit clone. Dark Pit is a fairly popular character you know and he didn't hold back Wolf from Smash.
As a character he is not popular, compared to nintendo's other vast properties. He is purely padding because developing a real character to be ready before launch wasnt happening. Sakurai literally Copy/pasted Pit, press'd X a few times and tweaked a few settings. Clones are a bonus extra and thats from sakurai himself, he isnt in because of his uniqueness. If he had was a luigi then maybe people would stomach his existance more, however if Link cant get away with a Dark version is a skin then there is absolutely no way Dark Pit is more legitimate then Dark Link.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As a character he is not popular, compared to nintendo's other vast properties. He is purely padding because developing a real character to be ready before launch wasnt happening. Sakurai literally Copy/pasted Pit, press'd X a few times and tweaked a few settings. Clones are a bonus extra and thats from sakurai himself, he isnt in because of his uniqueness. If he had was a luigi then maybe people would stomach his existance more, however if Link cant get away with a Dark version is a skin then there is absolutely no way Dark Pit is more legitimate then Dark Link.
Dark Pit was actually ranked really high on Famitsu's Nintendo popularity polls. He's super popular in Japan.

In any case, Dark Pit has nothing to do with Wolf so let's keep talk of him out of the thread.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This just isn't true. The Dark Pit thread was one of the more popular ones on Smashboards before he was shown to be in the game.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Anyway, moving on from nonsense unpopular illegitimate true clone padding characters I imagine nintendos next direct or smash update will be in 2 months time with the tourney mode? Thats probably the next time we get an update on anything from Nintendo so thatll probably be the next likely time for a character announcement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom