• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Vsaur

Smash Rookie
I know everyones gonna get mad when is say this and trust me i do wants wolf so add me to the supporters list BUT i think theres characters who deserve to become a dlc BEFORE wolf does i mean i know he's not really a clone of fox but we don't need three really close characters. But i really would love to see wolf, just after some other characters become DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I know everyones gonna get mad when is say this and trust me i do wants wolf so add me to the supporters list BUT i think theres characters who deserve to become a dlc BEFORE wolf does i mean i know he's not really a clone of fox but we don't need three really close characters. But i really would love to see wolf, just after some other characters become DLC
That depends on what you mean by "really close". He may come from the same series, but he isn't really like Fox or Falco.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
They have similar moves
Only the specials. Everything else is all Wolf(not counting Final Smash). And even though his specials are similar in form, they have radically different properties, which makes them feel like entirely different moves.

Last edited:

Vsaur

Smash Rookie
Only the specials. Everything else is all Wolf(not counting Final Smash). And even though his specials are similar in form, they have radically different properties, which makes them feel like entirely different moves.
Thats why i said similar

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
The icy duo of course :)
But I support the fuzzball.
Cool, me too. Pichu's my Melee Main and ICies are my secondary in Brawl.

Ok, so Wolf may probably be revealed at E3, do you think they will announce the next fighter then? Would be cool, even if it'd make the voting a bit useless xD

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Thats why i said similar
Well, as someone who has used Wolf a lot in SSBB, it is too hard to call him similar to the other two after knowing how he works. Just the fact of Wolf's specials being similar isn't much to go by. I learned that quickly, and I'm sure that's the case with other Wolf users.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Cool, me too. Pichu's my Melee Main and ICies are my secondary in Brawl.
Ok, so Wolf may probably be revealed at E3, do you think they will announce the next fighter then? Would be cool, even if it'd make the voting a bit useless xD
I don´t think the voting would be useless, E3 (and Wolf) will be around summer, so they have 2-3 months until the ballot ends. I assume we will get one more DLC after wolf before the ballot ones kick in.
Looking at time limitation MAYBE another cut veteran? Either a ingle Ice Climber/ Ice Climbers (not running on the old 3DS) or Snake?/ Roy?/ Pichu?. Duno.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I don´t think the voting would be useless, E3 (and Wolf) will be around summer, so they have 2-3 months until the ballot ends. I assume we will get one more DLC after wolf before the ballot ones kick in.
Looking at time limitation MAYBE another cut veteran? Either a ingle Ice Climber/ Ice Climbers (not running on the old 3DS) or Snake?/ Roy?/ Pichu?. Duno.
Despite that it's kinda waste cuz he comes anyway. But wayne.
That'd be pretty cool. I assume that'd be a easy character to create, more accurate: one of the 3 Melee clones, which most likely would be Roy. But we'll see. Anyways, I look forward to E3 and expect Wolf or another DLC guy there.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Like who?

D

Deleted member

With the fact Wolf has a trophy and has his own character model in Wii U's Lylat Cruise, i'm thinking he's not too far off either. A old leaker that leaked "dlc" for the LOLZ mentioned lucas ( look at him now ) and wolf right after him. And i have faith that indeed, Wolf is after him.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With the fact Wolf has a trophy and has his own character model in Wii U's Lylat Cruise, i'm thinking he's not too far off either. A old leaker that leaked "dlc" for the LOLZ mentioned lucas ( look at him now ) and wolf right after him. And i have faith that indeed, Wolf is after him.
Do you happen to have a link to that "leak"?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Yeah the Lylat Cruise model looks like a placeholder.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
http://i62.tinypic.com/34pdnqx.png Edited the pic. Click it, because i left it huge. DO'H!

Well... it probably is. Almost thought it was new till i looked at his trophy.
That was actually part of the M***********G leaker's ESRB leak if I'm not mistaken, however he said that part of the leak was a lie, and was made just to catch fake leakers, though that leak was made ages ago, there's still a chance that everyone on that list could be DLC, but for now I'd say Wolf has the best chance.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
http://i62.tinypic.com/34pdnqx.png Edited the pic. Click it, because i left it huge. DO'H!

Well... it probably is. Almost thought it was new till i looked at his trophy.
Well thats just the assault model. If he makes it back in it will be a touched up brawl wolf.

Because that isnt clean enough looking and also Assault wolf along side brawl fox and falco will look weird. Especially since they are scaled down a bit compared to assault.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Well thats just the assault model. When he makes it back in it will be a touched up brawl wolf.

Because that isnt clean enough looking and also Assault wolf along side brawl fox and falco will look weird. Especially since they are scaled down a bit compared to assault.
Fify :wolf:

MainJPW

M.T.A
How so? I mean its totally cool if its true but im not gonna get cocky and be assured Wolf's in until hes confirmed.
Consider Sakurais' statement two years back about not wanting to cut veterans, Wolf and Lucas were more than likely already partially worked in to the game early in development but were obviously cut do to time constraints/low priority to focus on the newcomers.

Now we got Lucas back, who also isn't going to be starring in another game anytime soon; that coupled with the fact that Wolf literally has no points against his inclusion + starring in an upcoming game. There's absolutely no reason to believe he isn't being worked on this very second.

(Also keep in mind he's just as easy to port over from brawl as Lucas was.)

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Lucas being back makes me think one or two things:
The Lucas Fans (including myself) Are a loud bunch and lost their minds when he was removed.
Or he's back at this second to promote Mother 3 in June same time as E3.
All the stars are aligned. not to mention in 10 days it will be Mother 3's 9th anniversary.
If this adds up as a theory.
Wolf is coming back for Star Fox U which ironically enough is probably slotted perfectly for the next DLC character in June.
You know with E3 and all being the same time as Lucas' planned release.:4lucas:
I don't ant to toot my horn here.
But I theorized about this since last year.
Star Fox and Mother both get joked about at E3, Both lost a series Rep. Two that were pretty big to their own franchises.
Star Fox U is con confirmed. We get Lucas as a returning Veteran.
Come E3 I gather. Mother 3 is confirmed. Wolf is confirmed to return.
Unless they just decide to be nasty and add slippy.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
How so? I mean its totally cool if its true but im not gonna get cocky and be assured Wolf's in until hes confirmed.
Lucas:
More cloney that Wolf
From a japan-only game
From a dead franchise

Wolf:
Less cloney than most
Upcoming game
Although the series didn't have a new game in a while, there was at least Star Fox 643D

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Lucas:
More cloney that Wolf
From a japan-only game
From a dead franchise

Wolf:
Less cloney than most
Upcoming game
Although the series didn't have a new game in a while, there was at least Star Fox 643D
Yeah thats why I have high hopes. Still I'm not relaxing. I'm afraid people assume he's getting in and dont vote for him while Sakurai doesn't have any plans to add him unless wanted.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thats why I have high hopes. Still I'm not relaxing. I'm afraid people assume he's getting in and dont vote for him while Sakurai doesn't have any plans to add him unless wanted.
Sakurai more than likely saw the Wolf demand if he saw the Lucas demand.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sakurai more than likely saw the Wolf demand if he saw the Lucas demand.
I think Wolf is his favorite Star Fox character, and he's wanted him in since Melee, but I won't stop voting Wolf until he's playable in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.
Also some guy claims to have a Wolf leak,

Well it may be fake, but at least its better than just reusing the Smash 3 model all the time. At least it can make a cool profile pic.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I have voted for Wolf.

Here's hope that he'll be announced at E3 around the time they talk about Star Fox U.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think Wolf is his favorite Star Fox character, and he's wanted him in since Melee, but I won't stop voting Wolf until he's playable in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.

Well it may be fake, but at least its better than just reusing the Smash 3 model all the time. At least it can make a cool profile pic.
I think the colors aren't bright enough. I mean, they are pretty distinct colors, but the overall model looks a little dark.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Eww, what's up with that ugly green and bright purple, that just looks bad

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Wolf is Sakurai's favorite Star Fox character, and one he's wanted in Smash since Melee. He has a new game coming out, and his model and textures can be ported up from Brawl. There's literally no reason not to expect him at this point.

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
Yea, seeing some of the backing other characters are getting is pretty insane. Krystal is getting better treatment than wolf at this point. With him being such a unique character i want to say to most that don't want him in "Whats the matter? Scared?"

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Jaz Adam's voice (64 3D VA) is going to sound so unfitting when put with Brawl's Wolf; it'd be interesting to see.

Or if they'll just recycle Wolf's Brawl voice.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Jaz Adam's voice (64 3D VA) is going to sound so unfitting when put with Brawl's Wolf; it'd be interesting to see.

Or if they'll just recycle Wolf's Brawl voice.
It depends what direction they take with it. If they make it exactly like 643D then yeah but they could make him sound a little more like his other appearances

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd rather they reuse his Brawl voice clips over his 64 3D voice. I like him better that way...but that's just me, of course.

Top Bottom