• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Inkling would easily have priority over Krystal.

Wolf revealed at E3 and playable in August.
Inkling also revealed at E3 and playable in August.
King K. Rool revealed in either another direct or in his own little event on the website. Playable in October.
Isaac revealed in the same way, playable in January (because screw 2 months theory).
And then either that will be it or maybe 1 more playable character. If so I would like the Fossil Fighter, revealed similarly as Isaac and K. Rool, and officially being playable in April 2016.

Just my little prediction.

Of course the only of these I know will almost definitely happen (not necessarily with the same release dates) is K. Rool, Inkling, and obviously, Wolf.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
Inkling would easily have priority over Krystal.

Wolf revealed at E3 and playable in August.
Inkling also revealed at E3 and playable in August.
King K. Rool revealed in either another direct or in his own little event on the website. Playable in October.
Isaac revealed in the same way, playable in January (because screw 2 months theory).
And then either that will be it or maybe 1 more playable character. If so I would like the Fossil Fighter, revealed similarly as Isaac and K. Rool, and officially being playable in April 2016.

Just my little prediction.

Of course the only of these I know will almost definitely happen (not necessarily with the same release dates) is K. Rool, Inkling, and obviously, Wolf.
Not a fan of wolf but I like this, this is a solid prediction I definitely see Wolf + inkling happening, bringing back possibly the most popular veteran along with a popular new IP character seems like a really good business plan for Nintendo. King K. Rool + Isaac could be the final ones to bring to smash as a way to raise the hype again and sell even more.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Wolf has seriously got to be coming at this point. It would be a real **** move to bring back Lucas and not Wolf. He's got a new game coming out, he's a popular character in Star Fox, he's a fan-favorite in Smash, and Sakurai's wanted him in since Melee. There literally is no reason I can think of that he wouldn't come back at this point.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
here is what i think

i think there will only be about 5-7 DLC characters

Mewtwo
Lucas
Wolf
King K. Rool
Isaac
Inkling
Shantae
Is that what you want or your guess?

Because its looking like Shovel Knight has the biggest chance for indie game character right now. Well thats at least what ive been hearing from voters.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Wolf and Chorus Kids will be announced at E3, bookmark this.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wolf and Chorus Kids will be announced at E3, bookmark this.
Chorus Kids? Has Ice Climbers already been released? :p

No offense, buddy, but if the 3DS can't handle 8 characters at once, how would it be able to handle 12?

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Chorus Kids? Has Ice Climbers already been released? :p

No offense, buddy, but if the 3DS can't handle 8 characters at once, how would it be able to handle 12?
Who said the Chorus Kids work like Ice Climbers? They're probably a 3-in-1 character or just the one you control on RH.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Who said the Chorus Kids work like Ice Climbers? They're probably a 3-in-1 character or just the one you control on RH.
You mean Marshall?

I'm totally down for Marshall. But, having a character that consists of a group of 3 without it being used as a group of 3 would be kind of pointless.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
You mean Marshall?

I'm totally down for Marshall. But, having a character that consists of a group of 3 without it being used as a group of 3 would be kind of pointless.
Isn't Marshall a different character from the Chorus Kids? His design and the Smash trophies make it seem like he is.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

I got bored... again...
This took me a bit more time than you'd think, because I had to go back-and-fourth and get ALL THE CHARACTERS and put them in individually. Anyways, this is what the roster would look like, should what I speculated become true. It fits rather well, huh?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

I got bored... again...
This took me a bit more time than you'd think, because I had to go back-and-fourth and get ALL THE CHARACTERS and put them in individually. Anyways, this is what the roster would look like, should what I speculated become true. It fits rather well, huh?
oh my god this is gorgeous
i mean it's well done and i like the character selection

mark welford

Smash Ace
What version of his theme song would you guys like to see? Assault version, Remix or Re-Remix? Personally I would love for his reveal to use the Assault rendition it would be even better if they used his theme song from the new StarFox because that would build even more hype not only for his inclusion but for the new StarFox.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Isn't Marshall a different character from the Chorus Kids? His design and the Smash trophies make it seem like he is.
Yes, definitely.

But if they can't get the Chorus Kids to work, he's the next best thing.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
What version of his theme song would you guys like to see? Assault version, Remix or Re-Remix? Personally I would love for his reveal to use the Assault rendition it would be even better if they used his theme song from the new StarFox because that would build even more hype not only for his inclusion but for the new StarFox.
Star Wolf Wii U theme

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The Assault version is the most epic sounding one out of all Star Wolf themes, so I'm gonna go with that.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Preferably the Star Wolf theme from Brawl, but if we get one that is hella more epic than the Brawl one, then I'm fine with that XD :p

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Brawl mix or SF Wii U mix if it lives up to expectations

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Oh my, that would be the perfect rooster imo.
I just saw Krystal right after King K Rool in some early results from the ballot. This may become true :3

By the way: I heared Krystal was planned for Brawl, does anyone know why she got scrapped?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yo, I think I've been here before, but just wanted to say, even though plenty of people already have, but Wolf's probably already being worked on, and going to be shown off at E3 after some StarFox trailer or in accordance with it or something.

He was pretty fun so looking forward to him. Especially cause he'll probably much more expressive like everyone else. He had some nice animation in Brawl, but sometimes in Brawl in his idle animation...his face and unmoving eyes were... pretty creepy.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Oh my, that would be the perfect rooster imo.
I just saw Krystal right after King K Rool in some early results from the ballot. This may become true :3

By the way: I heared Krystal was planned for Brawl, does anyone know why she got scrapped?
Thank-you!
And I think she wasn't really planned as much as she was discussed, like how Takamaru was for Smash 4. They more than likely just went for Wolf because he'd be easier to think of moves for. Not to mention that he was discussed for Melee, but left out so he wouldn't be just a "Grey-colored Fox". I always viewed it as +1 Star Fox rep every game, and hopefully that's how it'll turn out by the time the DLC ends.

Hey Guys, check out this survey if you haven't already:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lD...2o5GLYTy00/viewform?fbzx=-1984383597688102136

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Is that what you want or your guess?

Because its looking like Shovel Knight has the biggest chance for indie game character right now. Well thats at least what ive been hearing from voters.
kinda both, Shantae i guess is the indie character i want the most but really it doesn't matter what indie character gets in

the others i hope/think will get in

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It needs my boy to have my approval. View attachment 46561
Eh. I think Wolf is all that we need.....Though I can only imagine what would happen if :roymelee: did show up.:troll:

But on a more serious note, :roymelee: is alright in my book. I'm not one for swordsmen, but I definitely prefer him over :marthmelee: for whatever reason that might be.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Honestly I'll be pretty upset if Krystal got in without Wolf. I'm fine with Krystal being the forth Starfox character but Wolf is a much more important character to the Starfox Series.

Maybe there will be a Starfox dual pack announced with "Horizons" with Krystal and Wolf. I mean because they already have most of what they need for Wolf from brawl, I assume it wouldn't be too hard to bring back a veteran and add a newcomer.

(Also yes I understand why Mewtwo was so hard to bring back)

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Honestly I'll be pretty upset if Krystal got in without Wolf. I'm fine with Krystal being the forth Starfox character but Wolf is a much more important character to the Starfox Series.

Maybe there will be a Starfox dual pack announced with "Horizons" with Krystal and Wolf. I mean because they already have most of what they need for Wolf from brawl, I assume it wouldn't be too hard to bring back a veteran and add a newcomer.

(Also yes I understand why Mewtwo was so hard to bring back)
Are you guys seriously expecting Krystal? Dixie Kong seems more realistic for another female character.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Are you guys seriously expecting Krystal? Dixie Kong seems more realistic for another female character.
I just see a lot of people supporting her. I can see another Donkey Kong rep happening but K. Rool seems to be the most popular. Dixie is more relevant though so hmmm (Not huge on Donkey Kong characters so idk)

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I made a countdown video for my most wanted DLC characters, should anyone want to see it. Bet you can't guess who's number one, haha! Even though I don't have a lot of subscribers, I still want to help spread the word. You can expect more from me to, haha.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkVT_VR9mI (Note: Strong Language)

Also, Dixie gets Shrekt by King K. Rool, and I doubt that the D.K. series would get more than oce DLC representative, being King K. Rool. Star Fox is likely for two based on a few small factors. Granted, it's not likely, but there IS a chance

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just thought of something!
  • Mewtwo has been announced in October, the same month as Smash 3DS's international release
  • Lucas has been announced this month (April), same month as Mewtwo's release
  • Lucas will be released in June, same month as E3.... Could there be a new DLC character announced?
  • The new Star Fox is very likely to be shown at E3.
In other words, I think Wolf will be the next DLC character.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Left you a view, like and comment. Good stuff!, but the use of "f_uck" was a bit high tho. ;P
Thank-you and duly noted. I don't use scripts, though; I freestyle. I guess 'F_ck" is better than "Uhhh" -haha.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Here is the link:
Wolf, K.Rool and Isaac: totally agreeing. But I wouldn't like it if a little franchise like Star Fox (with U and 3D Remake 7 games) would have 4 characters with Krystal added after Wolf, while other franchises get characters cut. I'd rather have a fifth FE character with Roy or another vet like Ice Climbers. Sceptile is also a character which is pretty cool and should maybe playable in the next SSB alongside with Krystal, but not in this Smash. First of all, there is another grass typed vet, Ivysaur. And there are also 2 other Pokemon vets with Squirtle and Pichu. I'd like having them first.

Your signature is awesome! Any Star Wolf theme is fine with me.
Hey, could you please add me to the supporters list?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The day we get Wolf.
Is the day I will lose my mind.
Seeing two of 3 in HD.
It will be glorious.
Have ma Boy.
And his pet.:wolf::4lucas:
Fortunately, Wolf's chances aren't looking bad.

Wolf is the only character that would kill the only gripe I had with the roster, something that was already partially killed with Mewtwo and Lucas DLC.

I understand cuts like Ice Climbers, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. I actually thought, based on Sakurai's comments during development and other gameplay changes, that those were less likely to return, so their exlusion didn't quite bother me.

From Melee to Brawl, the only cut that bothered me was Mewtwo, so I'm really happy about his return and can't wait to download him to my 3DS game.

Wolf and Lucas are fairly important characters to their series whose cuts leave a hole in the roster, especially when it has the consequence of reducing the number of characters from their series.

Anyway, DLC is going to resolve most of those issues. Counting on all veterans to return is unrealistic at this point, as amazing as it would be, but we can hope that they bring as many as possible. Roy and Snake are characters I would like to see returning, even if I'm not too bothered by their exclusion.

Of course, newcomers are important as well.

All in all, Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf are all of my DLC needs, so it's 2/3 done.

Anyway, it's best to enjoy and play the game as best as we can in the meantime. Still, DLC being a thing is great news and a 2nd ride into the hype train. A 2nd chance for the characters we want to see playable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom