• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'd rather they reuse his Brawl voice clips over his 64 3D voice. I like him better that way...but that's just me, of course.
I'd prefer them to change it if I'm gonna be honest, mostly for the sake of consistency, it'd bug me to no end. That's like having Skyward Sword Zelda but Twilight princess Ganondorf, just, no

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'd prefer them to change it if I'm gonna be honest, mostly for the sake of consistency, it'd bug me to no end. That's like having Skyward Sword Zelda but Twilight princess Ganondorf, just, no
I guess consistency isn't that much of an issue for some of us in particular cases(for me it's Wolf). Looks are one thing, but voices are another. I just want him to sound as fierce as always, and I believe his SSBB voice suits that fierce personality perfectly(though I haven't heard his SF 643D voice yet, don't shoot me).

D

Deleted member

Smash 5 for PC... That would be a funny idea. Seeing as how i'm hearing nintendo games coming to mobile and what not with the whole NX System thing. Hmph.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
assuming we get Wolf back does anyone else hope they fix his posture and/or limp? i do haha

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
@Mashu Koria is a Wolf supporter.
But I hopes he's the third and finals DLC, or maybe Isaac from Golden Sun after him.
I actually have many newcomers that I want to be DLC after Wolf, I just haven't been pushing them as much, Sami, Pious, Krool, Sturm, and The BB bandit trio, are some of the characters I would want for DLC after Wolf. I just wish they'd confirm Wolf playable so we can all relax and have fun with this thing, especially now that practically everyone expects him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Regarding Wolf's voice, note that all characters who got new voice clips (be them from previous VAs or new ones) did so because they needed new voice clips.

The only veterans who got new voice samples:
:4fox::4falco: - Orbital Gate Assault conversations
:4charizard::4lucario: - New Final Smashes
:4kirby: - New Copy Abilities and new Final Smash
:4ness: - PK Freeze
:4pit: - Palutena's Guidance and new Final Smash
:4dedede: - New Final Smash

It seems to me that, unless really necessary, veterans keep the same voice clips as previous games. The only exception is Sonic in the English version, but he's a third party so Nintendo doesn't have control over his voice clips. Sega does. And even so, his voice clips are recycled from previous games.

Kirby and Dedede got new voice clips, while Meta Knight kept those from Brawl. Meta Knight had no changes to his moveset to justify needing new voice clips for him.

The same could happen with Wolf, as I don't expect any major changes to him. Besides his Brawl VA never voiced him in any Star Fox game, so it's basically his Smash voice.

Since Orbital Gate's conversations aren't actually done by Fox and Falco, but by holding down a button upon selecting the stage and scripted for its progress, there's no room to make new conversations for it.

The only place where Wolf can have conversations is Lylat Cruise and those are ported from Brawl.

Of course, I'm just speculating. But considering precedence, I think it's likelier for Wolf to keep his Brawl voice than getting a new one.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
assuming we get Wolf back does anyone else hope they fix his posture and/or limp? i do haha
I wouldn't mind a different run, but I always kind of liked his posture. Really lowered his hurtbox. Half the time he was in idle he may as well have been crouching, and yet you could pull off a utilt or ftilt from that posture.

Oh, and talk of Wolf's voice just reminded me... he's got two of the greatest taunts. That howl though.

Speaking of the howl, I was watching this video a couple weeks ago after looking for Wolf videos to remind myself of what Wolf was like and reminisce since I'm too lazy to pull Brawl and my Wii out again. This is a pretty sick texture and music hack...

The character portraits are pretty funny too, heh.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I wouldn't mind a different run, but I always kind of liked his posture. Really lowered his hurtbox. Half the time he was in idle he may as well have been crouching, and yet you could pull off a utilt or ftilt from that posture.

Oh, and talk of Wolf's voice just reminded me... he's got two of the greatest taunts. That howl though.

Speaking of the howl, I was watching this video a couple weeks ago after looking for Wolf videos to remind myself of what Wolf was like and reminisce since I'm too lazy to pull Brawl and my Wii out again. This is a pretty sick texture and music hack...

Those character portraits are from brawl minus lol, but oddly enough im pretty sure thats not brawl minus.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently did up the following for Wolf. It's basically Palutena's Guidance for him.

I have one for Wolf...
  • Pit: Lady Palutena, did Fox change his looks or something?
  • Palutena: Actually Pit, that is Wolf O'Donnell.
  • Viridi: He's the leader of a rag-tag mercenary team, known as Star Wolf.
  • Leon: And you better respect him too.
  • Pit: Wha, who are you?!
  • Leon: I'm one of lord Wolf's top mercenaries, Leon Powalski. And you better watch out, or he'll shred you to pieces. *laughs evilly*
  • Viridi: Who invited this quack?!
  • Leon: Watch your tongue, puny girl!!
  • Viridi: What did you just call me lizard?!
  • Palutena: Anyway, Wolf is an aggressive fighter who relies more on his quick reflexes than raw power. He's also on the heavier side, despite of his feral posture.
  • Pit: Okay, that's good to know.
  • Palutena: His Blaster is also unique in that the claw that's attached to it can damage you if you're too close to it.
  • Viridi: Wolf also has a Reflector, so your arrows won't do you any good against him.
  • Leon: In other words, you'll have to fight head-on, not that it will do you any good against lord Wolf.
  • Viridi: You must really idolize Wolf if you're so confident of his victory.
  • Pit: Hey, no matter the challenge, I'm ready.
  • Palutena: That's the spirit Pit, and good luck.
  • Leon: Yeah, good luck, because you'll be looking for a hospital once lord Wolf is done with you!
  • Viridi: Ugh! We get it already, so get out of here now!!
  • Leon: Fine, but you've been warned. *laughs evilly*

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Those character portraits are from brawl minus lol, but oddly enough im pretty sure thats not brawl minus.
Brawl Minus, huh? Wow, I haven't played that in a million years... well, really more like 6 years. I don't think it even was at a point where it was using portraits like that.

It's totally not uncommon for people to cherry pick the mods they like and leave others out. I remember installing B+, but then getting rid of the heart of the mod itself but keeping things it came with like infinite replays and camera. This was also years ago. Before PM was the "main mod" in this community.

Last edited:

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
Seeing how going to the chiropractor and getting your back fixed makes you an ass ton of a better character (Bowser, Yoshi) I think Sakurai needs to address wolfs back problem.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

This is the power of Okami. Amaterasu, and The Sun Rises are awesome! (here I go again, gushing about Okami on the wrong thread.) I can't wait to see if Wolf will be DLC and when (but mostly when). :)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This is the power of Okami. Amaterasu, and The Sun Rises are awesome! (here I go again, gushing about Okami on the wrong thread.) I can't wait to see if Wolf will be DLC and when (but mostly when). :)
It's a great game. Really snuck up on me. I'd heard good things, but I remember just how surprisingly deep it was. It's beauty was never in question though. That was over 5 years ago now. I should revisit that game some time. So hard to do with so many other games to play or buy. I already have too many games I've not even gotten around to playing, heh.

That character and stage texture were awesome in that video, but easily it's the music that sets the epic tone. Okami had some sweet music. Made me realize I should really dig around for the soundtrack. Maybe when I'm not so busy.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I wish I knew what characters Sakurai has in mind at this point based on the poll. I wonder if he will deny any characters that are reasonable.

Ughh whatever hopefully I at least get Wolf.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
If we get Wolf. Which I have no doubt about.
I am going to have to put work in to him again.
Getting used to his side smash and his dash attack is going to be a task of it's own seeing how I run and gun as Falcon.
But this is most likely how my mains will go.
:4falcon::4ganondorf: :4mewtwo::4darkpit:Run and Gun characters
:4lucas::4ness: :4pacman::4rob::4gaw:Technical characters
:4falco: :4lucario::4villager::4drmario:Power housed range characters.
Notice how I went with these.
This game my Tri Force is
__:4lucas:__
_
:4falcon:_
Never forget.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So last night I listened to some of Wolf lines in SF 643D, and I can say that I have a renewed interest in hearing his SSBB voice again. That voice he's got in the 3DS game does NOT suit him...AT ALL. Hearing that voice while he's clawing his opponents will sound out of place completely. Jay Ward all the way.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
So last night I listened to some of Wolf lines in SF 643D, and I can say that I have a renewed interest in hearing his SSBB voice again. That voice he's got in the 3DS game does NOT suit him...AT ALL. Hearing that voice while he's clawing his opponents will sound out of place completely. Jay Ward all the way.
Yeah I agree, the only time SF64 wolf's voice works is in SF64/3D

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I voted for Wolf right after the April 1st direct ended. You can add me to the group of Wolf supporters. Now if you excuse me I have to go play Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assault.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Speaking of which, maybe they could use the SFWii U voice, I doubt they'd use the british accent now considering that assault exists
Speaking of that I don't know why Wolf has an biritsh accent. Isn't "O'Donnell" an irish name?

Top Bottom