• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Keep voting everyone. We have to make sure Wolf comes back. I personally don't believe the leak until further evidence, but still; keep voting.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I dont think its fake man, the hacker has credentials... Wolf is no longer a shoe in as far as im concerned, and it is very scary, depressing and overall devastating. We have got to enforce the support somehow because there are a ton of wolf fans not voting for him or rooting for him since they think he is a shoe in, nothing is predictable when it comes to Sakurai.
Rayman

Music ripped from the SNES

Roy and marth and ness and lucas have the same victory theme anyway

Can we please stop falling for these ****ing leaks people, god people need to get a ****ing grip

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Funny story. This morning after I downloaded Mewtwo, I did a quick training session on the 3ds and picked the best stage, Corneria. Sure enough it played the Star Wolf theme. I then put in the Wii u version and went to Lylat Cruise and it played Wolf's theme too! It was like the smashverse was telling me, "Don't worry, Wolf is coming! " hahaha

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, I get the feeling that things need to be put into perspective.

Let's presume, for a second, that this "leak" is indeed legit. Where does that put us?

Quite frankly, in a position where we have two new characters that we did not have previously. I don't think that's something to be concerned about.

This does not take into account the ballot at all. This patch was released today, based on products that have evidently been worked on for quite some time; we know, at least, that Mewtwo has been in development since November of last year. While they could quite possibly have taken preliminary data from the ballots and shoved them into the patch as future DLC data, that just seems silly. Occam's Razor is your friend, folks: it's much more likely that these two characters were planned long before the ballot was ever publicly released.

That's all presuming this to be real, which I am still highly skeptical of. It doesn't mean a damn thing for Wolf's chances, and if anything, it only embellishes them: it would prove that we're due for a lot more DLC characters than we expected, and that can only be a good thing. There is still absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that Wolf is not coming, insofar as there exists no evidence to prove such a notion, while there is an abundance of evidence to the contrary.

My advice? Take a deep breath, reassess your priorities, think about this rationally and calm the hell down. This changes nothing. Running around like a headless chicken sure as hell isn't going to help, so just stay calm and keep supporting 'til we know for sure.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
When you leak correctly it can be.
Doubt it, do you seriously think he cares if people don't believe him when he leaks something true?

Yes, this could potentially damage his "leaking career" but why would he care if people began to trust him less, it doesn't affect him in any way

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Text wall incomeing:

It´s either:
1) a giant Misstake or a fake leak
2) Just music added for old stages/ new stages planned (Soon TM)
3) We get a Roy and Ryu DLC SKIN (color swap) for Marth/ Lucina and Megaman (that would explain the supposed victory music)

But Ryu and Roy DLC full characters? I don´t think so: Roy was nearly never near other suggestions in the ballots And Ryu was consindered even a troll pick, without many votes.
Sakurai even said he doesn´t wan´t "real" fighters in his game, Ryu was based on button mashing.
Then again: It´s Sakurai. Changes his mind like his underwear :3

On the other hand: Ryu COULD suddenly be announced for Smash 4, If Capcom and Nintendo made some kind of big business deal (games, crossovers, etc.). If something like this happenes, there is no structure to the Ballot results and such. He would have priority I guess.

I would love to say: Roy has no future game and is only added as a nostalgic fan serviece, we would have 3 Marths (or 2 clones of him). Unless they make him a new moveset, what would make no sense, since he would be here for the nostalgic feeling) and can´t be added because of this, but then again, Lucas is (kind of) in the similar spot.
(To be fair: Lucas had way more votes than Roy, was easier to port from Wii and is from a series, with only 1 fighter)

I just hope this will turn out to be fake really soon. Yes I would love Roy back, I seriously don´t need Ryu in Smash. And haveing Roy, crossing the Ballot results, would be unfair to other people)
True Street Fighter Fans won´t start playing Smash JUST because Ryo is in it. Or switch to Smash at all.

UNLESS, Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu were planned BEFORE the Ballot, which seem just down right stu- unbelivable.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't see a reason to panic yet. Roy was always absurdly popular in Japan, and this leak, if indeed true, just makes it more obvious that popularity is your saving grace. Ryu is an oddball though.

Just keep voting. We might see him alongside Lucas at E3 if we're lucky. But I'm still confident he's coming back.

:231:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
@ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern @ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 and everyone else, I guess
-
I can't help but relate to both of you here. My mind is more along the lines of Magnes because of how concerned I am of the possible outcome, but I also relate to Noivern because of all the holes in this leak. Magnes, you're right because of the leaker's reputation. A good reputation is hard to gain on the internet, so why tarnish it? However, Noivern, your point is also valid because of how whatever he says can't affect him in any way. One thing to point out is the "Mother F_cking Leaker"s ESRB leak thing. All the information in the leak was true with the exception of the 'DLC' leak, to which he admitted that he fabricated it on his own. He would still have a positive rep due to all the real stuff, regardless if he claimed that the 'DLC' part of the leak was made-up or not. This also applies to the Reddit leaker, Shinyquagsire23. Quagsire is know for all the legitimate info he's shared, and he wouldn't lose it all by having a bit of 'fun' and pulling a fake leak. If it's still too difficult for someone to wrap their head around, imagine Mass Effect. You can play the ultra-hero Paragon Shepard, and gain a huge reputation for it. However, punching that damn reporter-lady in the face once or twice won't ruin it.

For Roy...
No. Everyone loves Roy, and he was cool in Melee, but we do NOT need three Marths. Now, if Lucina actually ended up being a skin (as she should have been), then I'd be more in support for Roy, as long as he got in after Wolf and was changed up a bit. However, with Lucina being a full-fledged character, I'm going to have to go against him. Also, with Lucina taking up a slot on the roster, we now have four Fire Emblem reps. That makes Fire Emblem the fourth highest represented series in Smash 4. Should the leak be real, then that'd make Fire Emblem tied for 3rd with The Legend of Zelda. Fire Emblem is not-at-all deserving to be on par with the Zelda series.

For Ryu...
The music is a huge thing to mention. The lack of a remixed version for Ryu is odd, especially because of him being a third-party's character. Capcom already has Mega Man, there really shouldn't be any need for more. Now if we were to get a Street Fighter stage with Ryu as an Assist Trophy, that'd be... excusable... but he has no right to become part of the roster. It's like Sega adding the Knights, Namco adding Libble Rabble, or even Sony adding Kratos. It's pointless and not at all needed. However, that hasn't stopped them from doing ignorant/pointless **** in the past *blatantly obvious cough* Dark Pit *blatantly obvious cough*

Moral of the story. Ask yourself "Why" and remember that NOONE IS 'SHOED' in. Keep voting for Wolf.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Wolf is coming back, he's the most requested non-newcomer so chill out yall and keep voting.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm sure Wolf is coming back. Especially if Roy turns out to be true and Lucas came back too.

We don't need to worry about Wolf at all.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I love how my point is utterly glossed over. Ho hum~

And anyway, you can bandy about words like "deserve" and "necessary" all you want, it doesn't detract anything from those characters. Like it or not, Lucina is a separate character, she has her fans, she's there for a reason and I could and will argue that she has just as much a right to be there as Marth or Robin.

Likewise, adding one more Fire Emblem character will not break the game. People get way too het up over numbers and arbitrary statistics, as though their personal interpretation is dogmatic gospel that must never be questioned.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have this little theory about Wolf and why he was not in the update: if I have things down right, maybe Wolf IS still being worked on. However, it could be that they did not have much of Wolf finished before this little update came along. I know it is a little theory, but anything is possible, ya know.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Ryu as a Megaman alternate skin...how's that even possible?

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I have this little theory about Wolf and why he was not in the update: if I have things down right, maybe Wolf IS still being worked on. However, it could be that they did not have much of Wolf finished before this little update came along. I know it is a little theory, but anything is possible, ya know.
Two things:

1 - Nintendo doesn't know how to make surprises, look at people finding the tracks on Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 months before the actual release, all the Majora's Mask references on Nintendo games and developers teasing us all the time, etc.

2 - Sakurai put those files on purpose cause he knew people would find it. Wolf is probably still on "development" or he wants to wait Star Fox U to get a release date and then build the Wolf hype. That man is insane.

Last edited:

StriderTheReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
StriderHedgehog
3DS FC
2423-3029-0103
Sign me up! As a Wolf mainer in Brawl, my disappointment at his being cut was pretty high. Still, despite Sakurai trying to shoot down the idea of DLC and Fox's custom specials taking an influence from our favourite space mercenary, I've always held onto hope that Wold would come back and this ballot is his best chance.

Personally, I'm not too worried about whether he gets a new moveset/ final smash, especially considering how little of a moveset change Mewtwo got now he's back. If his FS does change to the Wolfen, I hope he still gets to say "We're gonna have fun with this thing!" Also, please keep Jay Ward as his voice - nothing against the 64 voice, I just find the Assault voice to be more enjoyable.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
You guys have way too much confidence.

Still, despite Sakurai trying to shoot down the idea of DLC and Fox's custom specials taking an influence from our favourite space mercenary, .
Ness had Lucas's specials as customs.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Its things like this that get me worried to the point that maybe the reason Wolf is being ignored is because Star Fox Wii U is a reboot and Wolf isnt a character in the game...

Or course this probably isnt the case but I cant help but wonder.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
F-smash becomes Hadouken, u-tilt becomes Shoryuken?

Other than that, I'm not sure.
That would be the most half a$$ed s**t ever and I'd be the first to blast Sakurai and Capcom for that.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Its things like this that get me worried to the point that maybe the reason Wolf is being ignored is because Star Fox Wii U is a reboot and Wolf isnt a character in the game...

Stat Fox U isn't a reboot, Shigeru Miyamoto said it's the first original game since Star Fox Command.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Two things:

1 - Nintendo doesn't know how to make surprises, look at people finding the tracks on Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 months before the actual release, all the Majora's Mask references on Nintendo games and developers teasing us all the time, etc.

2 - Sakurai put those files on purpose cause he knew people would find it. Wolf is probably still on "development" or he wants to wait Star Fox U to get a release date and then build the Wolf hype. That man is insane.
Maybe so. I can still see Wolf being announced at E3 with any news of Star Fox U.

But in any case, what I said was a theory, just to remind you. I can't see Sakurai leaving Wolf out. After all, I did hear that Wolf was one of Sakurai's favorites.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Maybe so. I can still see Wolf being announced at E3 with any news of Star Fox U.

But in any case, what I said was a theory, just to remind you. I can't see Sakurai leaving Wolf out. After all, I did hear that Wolf was one of Sakurai's favorites.
I believe Sakurai said he was one of his favorites but we all know the KIU characters, Metaknight and Dedede are his top priorities now. lol

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Lucas making his return practically confirms Wolf is gonna show up at some point or another, so there wasn't any real need for me to vote on the issue, but you know what? **** it. Wolf all the way.
What makes him confirmed? Wouldn't this technically confirm Snake too (even if he's already been denied)? And what about Ice Climbers?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I believe Sakurai said he was one of his favorites but we all know the KIU characters, Metaknight and Dedede are his top priorities now. lol
Maybe so, but Sakurai must still like Wolf...well, enough to want to include him, anyway. To you, I must ask: you think we'll still get a Wolf announcement at E3 (just want to make sure)?

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

A Vs Wolf mode was confirmed to be in the game and Wolfens can be seen in the teaser.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Wolf has been confirmed to be in the game
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_three_different_modes_detailed_for_star_fox_wii_u

And even if he wasn't, why would you be worried? Wolf has been a staple character since Star Fox 2 on the SNES

EDIT: Dammit Sakuraichu!

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Maybe so, but Sakurai must still like Wolf...well, enough to want to include him, anyway. To you, I must ask: you think we'll still get a Wolf announcement at E3 (just want to make sure)?
Yes. Or as soon as Nintendo gives SFU a release date.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Makes sense. Wolf's music, stages, and victory theme are already in the game.

****. ****, ****, ****. No!

Top Bottom