• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Seriously guys, why this reaction? Roy is a Melee vet, Wolf is a Brawl vet. Mewtwo was announced before Lucas, just do the math.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm honestly baffled as to how brand new content can be considered disappointing.

Whatever floats. :3

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not Everybody wants Everybody.
Right, and it's your sacrosanct right to renounce the hopes and dreams of others?

Seriously, stop stressing out over it. This could be potentially lead to some very good times for Roy fans, and I daresay it would be uncouth, if not outright hypocritical of you, to deny them that.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Right, and it's your sacrosanct right to renounce the hopes and dreams of others?

Seriously, stop stressing out over it. This could be potentially lead to some very good times for Roy fans, and I daresay it would be uncouth, if not outright hypocritical of you, to deny them that.
No one will be denied once they have the dlc in their hands anyway so nobody should care what us sad ones say.

Regardless Ill continue to vote on a poll thats probably just propaganda anywho.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Roy's not the one I'm unhappy about, hopefully now they'll support us. Ryu's the one I'm not to happy about because
1. I don't like too many 3rd parties.
2. Capcom doesn't need 2 reps.
3. Wolf hasn't been confirmed yet and its really aggravating with everything he has going for him.
4. I don't know what this will mean for future DLC characters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, how well has Wolf been doing on the polls asking "who did you vote for"? Just curious.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't really understand the reaction. That leak doesn't mean the end of the world.

And hardly see how it is bad news for us. If they were simultaneously working on four characters before the ballot even began, we have a sizeable amount of DLC coming our way.

:231:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't really understand the reaction. That leak doesn't mean the end of the world.

And hardly see how it is bad news for us. If they were simultaneously working on four characters before the ballot even began, we have a sizeable amount of DLC coming our way.

In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite!
When all seems lost in the war of light,
Look to the stars - for hope burns bright!

:3

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Well, if Wolf doesn't return to Smash by E3, then there is a possible chance of releasing Wolf close to the release date of Star Fox Wii U. I could be wrong.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So...

Why exactly would Ryu even be in the game? Ahead of a ton of other heavily requested characters? I'm counting this as fake until proven true. I just can't see Capcom getting to reps, while some of Nintendo's franchises aren't even represented.

The only other thing I could think of "Ryu" being is Ryu Hayabusa and that makes WAY more since than whatever the hell is going on here.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Too much pessimism here... :urg:

I've said this multiple times: Wolf is my only DLC want.

However, I can't help but be excited for Roy and Ryu. Both are good additions to the roster.

Just like Roy and Lucas, Wolf also benefits from veteran status and Japanese popularity, so not all is lost. I still believe that Wolf is coming back.

If Sakurai has added Wolf back in Brawl and likes to see all veterans return, something getting increasingly evident with how DLC is turning out to be (Mewtwo, Lucas AND Roy?! =O), I'm pretty sure Wolf could be in his plans.

Anyway, voting for Wolf in the ballot is the best thing to do. And I agree with @ FalKoopa FalKoopa in that if they're doing 4 DLC characters pre-ballot, they certainly will have enough resources to do a whole bunch of characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Basically, just vote for Wolf. Judging by Roy of all people being prioritized over him to our knowledge, he may not be as safe a bet as we had expected. No first party is really standing out in the votes other than K. Rool and Isaac, so it's not as though it's that much of a hill to climb, anyway.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Assuming this is true, I think this helps Wolf rather than hurting him. Stop worrying about Wolf rearguard less. Mewtwo fans were worried about him not being in the game because of Greninja and look what happened.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Of course, still show the support until news comes up. Wolf could be coming later like in August or September. Roy and Ryu could be coming with Lucas if the rumor is true.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Too much pessimism here... :urg:

I've said this multiple times: Wolf is my only DLC want.

However, I can't help but be excited for Roy and Ryu. Both are good additions to the roster.

Just like Roy and Lucas, Wolf also benefits from veteran status and Japanese popularity, so not all is lost. I still believe that Wolf is coming back.

If Sakurai has added Wolf back in Brawl and likes to see all veterans return, something getting increasingly evident with how DLC is turning out to be (Mewtwo, Lucas AND Roy?! =O), I'm pretty sure Wolf could be in his plans.

Anyway, voting for Wolf in the ballot is the best thing to do. And I agree with @ FalKoopa FalKoopa in that if they're doing 4 DLC characters pre-ballot, they certainly will have enough resources to do a whole bunch of characters.
I hope your right man. I just want to have wolf so I can enjoy everything else as extra instead of being stressed by his unstable status.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

We just don't want Wolf to keep getting pushed aside for other characters, and well someone gets depressed, then we all get depressed. Everyone thinks Wolf is already in and I hope they're right, but to be safe we have to vote for Wolf, if only they also found a Wolf file, then we'd be much happier.
Though on the flip side, the Mario Kart 8 DLC leak only predicted 2 of the 7 unknown tracks, maybe Wolf's there too, I'm personally waiting for @PushDustIn 's say on the leak after he datamines the game.
I hope your right man. I just want to have wolf so I can enjoy everything else as extra instead of being stressed by his unstable status.
Yeah once Wolf is in, I'll probably welcome any newcomer, unless I really really hate the character.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We just don't want Wolf to keep getting pushed aside for other characters, and well someone gets depressed, then we all get depressed. Everyone thinks Wolf is already in and I hope they're right, but to be safe we have to vote for Wolf, if only they also found a Wolf file, then we'd be much happier.
Though on the flip side, the Mario Kart 8 DLC leak only predicted 2 of the 7 unknown tracks, maybe Wolf's there too, I'm personally waiting for @PushDustIn 's say on the leak after he datamines the game.

Yeah once Wolf is in, I'll probably welcome any newcomer, unless I really really hate the character.
Hmmmmm, was the leak for Mario Kart 8 in the form of game data, like today's Smash leak?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just notice something Ryu comes before Lucas in the sound files.
Maybe it means the Ryu sound files have something to do with Mii's? *shrugs*

I don't know what all this means. But if it's true I'll be hella hype for Ryu.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So, I'm pretty behind on these things, but how do we know Ryu or Roy are even a thing? Apparently someone found sound files, and they're new? I know so little at this point I'm defaulting to calling this one a hoax. Ryu in particular seems to make little sense. I don't think he's ever been highly requested and he's third party at that. Seems really weird. Only way I could see this making sense is if Street Fighter is doing something soon in their own franchise and this is some sort of trade. Maybe some future Street Fighter will have a Smasher in it? I have no idea, lol. All seems pretty suspect.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So, I'm pretty behind on these things, but how do we know Ryu or Roy are even a thing? Apparently someone found sound files, and they're new? I know so little at this point I'm defaulting to calling this one a hoax. Ryu in particular seems to make little sense. I don't think he's ever been highly requested and he's third party at that. Seems really weird. Only way I could see this making sense is if Street Fighter is doing something soon in their own franchise and this is some sort of trade. Maybe some future Street Fighter will have a Smasher in it? I have no idea, lol. All seems pretty suspect.
Multiple legitimate people have found the victory themes for both Ryu, Roy and Lucas in the 3ds version. Its not in the Wii U data so somebody ****ed up big time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys you do realize that Wolf's victory theme is already in the game. They could be working on him for all we know, it's just that there's nothing to leak.
Kinda reflects off of my theory about Nintendo not having any of Wolf's data ready by the time this update came. So it makes sense.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Multiple legitimate people have found the victory themes for both Ryu, Roy and Lucas in the 3ds version. Its not in the Wii U data so somebody ****ed up big time.
Bizarre. I'll be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Ryu being in. It really upsets the notion that actual Nintendo characters will have priority. I have so so many actual Nintendo characters I'd rather have in than third party characters. Feels wrong. Don't get me wrong, more characters getting in bodes well for character inclusion in general... but we don't know how many DLC characters we can really expect so inclusion is still limited by some unknown amount.

I can live with an oddity like Ryu as long as we get our actual Nintendo characters and our actually highly desired characters. Rayman would've made more sense to me btw, because at least he'd be representing a new third party AND he's actually highly requested. For those rooting for third party characters, this is looking good but hopefully Ryu didn't just take the one available spot Sakurai will allow or something silly/stupid like that.

It's not looking so good for popular votes however. Ryu hasn't been on the radar in some time, especially since just about everyone decided that if any Capcom rep should get in it was Mega Man, and he did. Even then, people like Phoenix Wright better now.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Nintendo can't keep secrets, sooner or later we'll find out about Wolf.

Remember Lucas video caps leaking two days before the Direct? people were all "fake, fake!". If Wolf's caps start to leak, get ready.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well everyone still thinks Wolf will be in, and now that the Roy fans are much calmer, we could maybe get some more people to vote for Wolf, maybe Shofu could make a video just on voting for Wolf.
Bizarre. I'll be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Ryu being in. It really upsets the notion that actual Nintendo characters will have priority. I have so so many actual Nintendo characters I'd rather have in than third party characters. Feels wrong. Don't get me wrong, more characters getting in bodes well for character inclusion in general... but we don't know how many DLC characters we can really expect so inclusion is still limited by some unknown amount.

I can live with an oddity like Ryu as long as we get our actual Nintendo characters and our actually highly desired characters. Rayman would've made more sense to me btw, because at least he'd be representing a new third party AND he's actually highly requested. For those rooting for third party characters, this is looking good but hopefully Ryu didn't just take the one available spot Sakurai will allow or something silly/stupid like that.
Same, would rather have an obscure Nintendo character in (BB bandit trio, Pious) than a third party character.
Nintendo can't keep secrets, sooner or later we'll find out about Wolf.

Remember Lucas video caps leaking two days before the Direct? people were all "fake, fake!". If Wolf's caps start to leak, get ready.
Could you possibly show me these leaks?

Last edited:
Top Bottom