• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I am throwing my support for Wolf. :)

He should be the number one priority right now for characters.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
It bothers me that this thread hasn't made it's way over to the big boards.
E3 is when Magic will happen.
Mother 3 might come out.
Star Fox U and Wolf should be on the "Horizions"
And I finally have two of my mains back.
Falcon can rejoice as he won't be singled out as my top contender.
Mains::4falcon::4lucas:
:popo:
Secondarys::4ness::4falco::4mewtwo::4tlink::4villager::4rob::4pacman::4ganondorf:
tertiarys::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4duckhunt::4shulk::4yoshi::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4dedede::4dk::4diddy::4myfriends::4samus:

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I feel like it would be very smart to announce Wolf along side info on the new starfox. It would be perfect.
Ive been saying that ever since I found out about Star Fox U, and that Wolf was not in SSB4. I agree it would be the perfect time for announcement.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I also wonder if they're working on giving him a new final smash... Maybe that's part of the delay. But, most likely it's to go hand in hand with the new Star Fox.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Considering Falco doesn't have an arwing, Wolf HAS to have a Wolfen. Imagine Latios and Latias if there were 3 of them and if they shot lasers down on the stage.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I always kinda imagined he could call in Panther and Leon do to some kind of air strike or something

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If/when he comes back what changes, buffs or nerfs do you want? I think he was pretty balanced in Brawl but he'll need some changes to fit in the new system.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I voted for Wolf first. I figured he should at least come back if Lucas can too. I figure he's on the way anyway and will probably be released in August or near the release of Star Fox Wii U.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Just voted 4 times for my bae Wolf, keep it going!

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
If/when he comes back what changes, buffs or nerfs do you want? I think he was pretty balanced in Brawl but he'll need some changes to fit in the new system.
He was an above average character in Brawl with many matchups, above and below, being in his favor. Fox and Falco were also nerfed when transitioning to Smash 4. Because of these reasons, they'll probably nerf him. Regardless, I do hope he'll get his PM Nair and will be able to act out of Side B just as the other spacies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Wolf will definitely benefit from chain grabs being thrown out the airlock but he may be venerable to these strange things from the depths of melee known as combos.

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
He was an above average character in Brawl with many matchups, above and below, being in his favor. Fox and Falco were also nerfed when transitioning to Smash 4. Because of these reasons, they'll probably nerf him. Regardless, I do hope he'll get his PM Nair and will be able to act out of Side B just as the other spacies.
Fox didn't get nerfed in 4, just falco. Some of Fox's moves got a bit of nerf, but mostly he's pretty good in 4, if only for engine changes. Plus, with all this acting out of side b, Wolf should have one hell of an offstage game, which seems pretty important to me.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Its possible but doubtful, just because the others were nerfed doesn't mean he'll be nerfed, especially with balancing patches confirmed now. Fox is already really good and Falco will likely get buffed. So if Wolf ends up bad he could easily just get buffed.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
FYI, April 27, the day before Mewtwo is purchasable by the general public, is the day when Star Fox 64 was released, and as such, is Wolf's birthday. If they've been hiding Wolf DLC for May, that'll probably when they'll reveal it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I have no idea if this has been covered, but here's what my thoughts are. So on the official Smash Bros page, go to any character's page and scroll down to the bottom where you can pick any character on the slider. If you scroll to the very right, you'll see Pac-Man, the Mii Fighters, the Secret Fighters page, and now Mewtwo. Next to Mewtwo, there are five blank slots.

One of them will be Lucas, obviously, so that leaves four left. Now let's look at this past Nintendo Direct. Mewtwo's release is in the month of April, and Lucas's reveal is in the month of April as well. Fast-Foward to June where E3 is. Nintendo will more-than-likely open up like they did the Direct, with a Smash Bros trailer. We'll probably see a second trailer for Lucas as well as the release date for him. They'll pull another "But wait, there's more!" and show off the trailer for the next DLC, being Wolf, who is used as hype for the next Star Fox and a bridge for their next topic, being the game. Let's go with the 'Two-Months-Later' theory and say he'll be released in August. Now, that's 3/6 of the slots on the slider.

Wolf gets released, and we're shown the next DLC fighter. We'll go with King K. Rool, whose pretty likely at this point. Following the 'Two-Months-Later' theory, he'll be released in October, the same month the poll ends. This leaves us with 4/6 of the slots on the slider. When King K. Rool is released, they'll cut off the ballots because they've already chosen the final DLC character to be released, again, two months later in December. We'll just say it's Isaac, because he's also pretty likely. Now we've gotten 5/6 and the ballots are closed.

So who's the sixth? I'd guess that when they reveal Wolf, they'll ALSO reveal Krystal, who will ALSO come out in August. Wolf's reveal would be the end of the Veteran DLC fighters, Krystal's reveal would be the start of the Newcomer DLC fighters. Again, this is all a theory, but I'd say it makes sense.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
FYI, April 27, the day before Mewtwo is purchasable by the general public, is the day when Star Fox 64 was released, and as such, is Wolf's birthday. If they've been hiding Wolf DLC for May, that'll probably when they'll reveal it.
Speaking of that, there was a random theory a while ago jokingly suggesting that the reason Wolf wasn't included in Smash 4 was because the max lifespan of a wolf is 13, and because Star Fox 64 was released in 1997, he is therefore dead. While it is realistic, Wolf is known to somehow be 38 years old according to Arwingpedia.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
So, I have no idea if this has been covered, but here's what my thoughts are. So on the official Smash Bros page, go to any character's page and scroll down to the bottom where you can pick any character on the slider. If you scroll to the very right, you'll see Pac-Man, the Mii Fighters, the Secret Fighters page, and now Mewtwo. Next to Mewtwo, there are five blank slots.

One of them will be Lucas, obviously, so that leaves four left. Now let's look at this past Nintendo Direct. Mewtwo's release is in the month of April, and Lucas's reveal is in the month of April as well. Fast-Foward to June where E3 is. Nintendo will more-than-likely open up like they did the Direct, with a Smash Bros trailer. We'll probably see a second trailer for Lucas as well as the release date for him. They'll pull another "But wait, there's more!" and show off the trailer for the next DLC, being Wolf, who is used as hype for the next Star Fox and a bridge for their next topic, being the game. Let's go with the 'Two-Months-Later' theory and say he'll be released in August. Now, that's 3/6 of the slots on the slider.

Wolf gets released, and we're shown the next DLC fighter. We'll go with King K. Rool, whose pretty likely at this point. Following the 'Two-Months-Later' theory, he'll be released in October, the same month the poll ends. This leaves us with 4/6 of the slots on the slider. When King K. Rool is released, they'll cut off the ballots because they've already chosen the final DLC character to be released, again, two months later in December. We'll just say it's Isaac, because he's also pretty likely. Now we've gotten 5/6 and the ballots are closed.

So who's the sixth? I'd guess that when they reveal Wolf, they'll ALSO reveal Krystal, who will ALSO come out in August. Wolf's reveal would be the end of the Veteran DLC fighters, Krystal's reveal would be the start of the Newcomer DLC fighters. Again, this is all a theory, but I'd say it makes sense.
This again...

The number of boxes changes depending on which device you view the site on. They mean LITERALLY nothing to how many fighters will get in. People tried to use the pre-speculation to argue that we'd be getting 27 characters. Then 36 characters. It means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529

Well Ill say its possible but I thought the same thing when the game was still being developed there was only 36 spots. That was wrong of course but four more DLC characters sounds about right.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The number of boxes changes depending on which device you view the site on. They mean LITERALLY nothing to how many fighters we'll get. People tried to use the pre-speculation to argue that we'd be getting 27 characters. Then 36 characters. It means absolutely nothing.
I just used the boxes to help explain the months. Hence the "Two-Months" theory I kept bringing up. Six slots would fit the Wii U character select screen as well as the website. I used the slots to illustrate my points, and it fit into my little theory well.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I just used the boxes to help explain the months. Hence the "Two-Months" theory I kept bringing up. Six slots would fit the Wii U character select screen as well as the website. I used the slots to illustrate my points, and it fit into my little theory well.
Ah, I see that now. When I saw the images I thought you were using the typical slot theory; never mind me.:awesome:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Well Ill say its possible but I thought the same thing when the game was still being developed there was only 36 spots. That was wrong of course but four more DLC characters sounds about right.
I agree than 4 DLC characters sounds about right, but I felt that it didn't really fit into my "Two-Months" theory. That's why I went with six. Plus, six characters can fit on the Wii U roster.

Ah, I see that now. When I saw the images I thought you were using the typical slot theory; never mind me.:awesome:
You're good. I just can't resist using my artsy side and editing photos, haha.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would change my avatar to Wolf as a way of supporting this but I just can't resist my Rosa avatar right now. I don't think I will, either.

A signature would do the trick, though.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I agree than 4 DLC characters sounds about right, but I felt that it didn't really fit into my "Two-Months" theory. That's why I went with six. Plus, six characters can fit on the Wii U roster.

You're good. I just can't resist using my artsy side and editing photos, haha.
Well I meant 4 more after lucas :x but yeah its hard to tell at this point it could be any number.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

This is a nice theory (Although Krystal is...Meh.) but I remember thinking something like this about the original roster, and this was disproved by the fact that PAC-Man and the Mii Fighters seem to be on "overflow" spots.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
here is what i think

i think there will only be about 5-7 DLC characters

Mewtwo
Lucas
Wolf
King K. Rool
Isaac
Inkling
Shantae

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
here is what i think

i think there will only be about 5-7 DLC characters

Mewtwo
Lucas
Wolf
King K. Rool
Isaac
Inkling
Shantae
Mmm, I don't see Inkling or Shantae as all that likely. King K. Rool and Isaac definitely. The other two veterans, Snake and IC's, are probably likely IF Nintendo can sort out their problems.

Top Bottom