• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If your IP specifically limited you to one vote, I'd think that it wouldn't be possible to vote again from the same IP. Then again, I'm not really sure about how that sort of thing works.
Considering multiple people can live in a household i.e. a family, and Nintendo likes being family friendly, they might assume that multiple people will vote under one IP, but will probably still limit it to a certain amount of votes in a time from an IP and might limit it to a certain amount like 10 votes per IP which is still a lot. They might even take a percentage instead of raw numbers or look for characters being requested who are popular. We can only guess what they're doing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Personally, I'm voting for several different characters (Wolf among them, of course, even if I feel like he'll likely be announced before the end of the poll) - I figure that if I vote for the same character a bunch of times from the same IP, it will be more likely to get ignored.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unlike Lucas and Mewtwo supporters, Wolf supporters can actually send their support directly to Nintendo. Count yourselves lucky. :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I still don't understand how Lucas got in first. I never saw more support for him than Wolf, maybe they only counted Japan when Iwata said that statement.

Either way, BOTH SHOULD GET IT! :(

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I still don't understand how Lucas got in first. I never saw more support for him than Wolf, maybe they only counted Japan when Iwata said that statement.

Either way, BOTH SHOULD GET IT! :(
Like has been mentioned a few times, I think it could've been done out of convenience more than anything. Makes sense to save the Wolf announcement for when Star Fox Wii U gets some attention. Lucas was the convenient first reveal after Mewtwo probably because he was the easiest to get to near completion by April 1st and there's nothing he's attached to currently accept Smash.

At least one Japanese poll, the recent one most of us are familar with, had Lucas ahead of Wolf by half a percent as I recall. If this poll is anything like what Iwata was referencing when he mentioned how Nintendo had seen the requests, then it would be hard for Nintendo to not have noticed Wolf is way up there in demand too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Like has been mentioned a few times, I think it could've been done out of convenience more than anything. Makes sense to save the Wolf announcement for when Star Fox Wii U gets some attention. Lucas was the convenient first reveal after Mewtwo probably because he was the easiest to get to near completion by April 1st and there's nothing he's attached to currently accept Smash.

At least one Japanese poll, the recent one most of us are familar with, had Lucas ahead of Wolf by half a percent as I recall. If this poll is anything like what Iwata was referencing when he mentioned how Nintendo had seen the requests, then it would be hard for Nintendo to not have noticed Wolf is way up there in demand too.
I hope your right. I'll be disappointed if Wolf would not be revealed at E3 however, and then that is when I shall vote for him.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of sending a message to Etika asking how he feels about Wolf because as you guys know Lucas is his main man. I need some advice from you guys.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Okay, since we don´t know IF multiple voting does help, how many time do you guys vote (for wolf or others)
Once a day? Just once?

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Well, I just got back from Verizon, and there, I finished up voting on each device. I mostly voted for Wolf and King K. Rool. Overall, I managed to cast a vote on each of 47 different devices, total. Man, that took a lot of wok, but it was worth it.
I really like the way you think! When I get back to school I will do the same!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I was able to vote for Wolf on a few different computers, and gave 1 vote each to Sami, Pious, and Sturm just to get them on the ball, since Sakurai will look over these poll choices. Wolf and Krool DLC would be awesome.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I feel like Wolf is a shoe in at this point. I don't think you guys need to worry.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Accually im so confident that wolf will be dlc

I don't think we even need to vote. (But do it for safety sakes though)

By the way :4lucas:by how much is done on lucas i think hes going to work on another dlc while doing lucas

Just like he did :4lucas:while doing :4mewtwo:

(Might do wolf while doing :4lucas:hopefully anyway)

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Wolf would be just perfect for DLC with Star Fox coming up.

THE STARS WILL ALIGN.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wolf would be just perfect for DLC with Star Fox coming up.

THE STARS WILL ALIGN.
When the stars were right, They could plunge from game to world game the polls; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die. They all lay in hard drives in Their great PC of Sa'kurai, preserved by the spells of mighty Master Hand for a glorious surrection when the stars and the earth might once more be ready for Them. But at that time some force from outside must serve to liberate Their bodies. The spells that preserved them intact likewise prevented Them from making an initial move, and They could only lie awake in the dark and think whilst uncounted millions of years rolled by. They knew all that was occurring in the universe, for Their mode of speech was transmitted thought. Even now They talked in Their files. When, after infinities of chaos, the first fans came, the Great Cut Ones spoke to the sensitive among them by moulding their votes; for only thus could Their language reach the fleshly fingers of supporters.

:3

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I still believe Lucass and Wolf were Low Priority in the development.
Lucas has chronologically came first as he was part of Brawls Starting Roster and he looks very similar to Ness.
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4diddy:
:4zelda::4pit::4metaknight::pt::4myfriends::4peach::4yoshi::popo:
_____:4dedede::4bowser::4wario::4olimar::4lucas::substitute:____
I see it as Wolf is in the process right now seeing how it would make sense for him to be revealed in June when Lucas comes out.
April :4mewtwo:-:4lucas:
June :4lucas:-:wolf:
August :wolf:- ?
I see him coming up soon but as we know Star Fox has Fox and Falco and Earthbound only had Ness
Wolf is coming soon hopefully, wither way I voted for him and my Snowy friends.:popo:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is the 6th most voted fighter by reddit (the second one, idk why there are 2)

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Wolf is in work right now and will be revealed at E3. Would only be logical, I mean Mewtwo is coming in April and in April Lucas was announced for June, and in June is E3. Best chance for announcing Wolf ^^

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Count me in the vote too! I voted for a couple different fighters since there's a few newcomers I'd really like to see included in the game but Veteran wise Wolf's my number 1 vote! :D

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Do you like magic tricks? I like magic tricks. :p

I want to track down a copy of Star Fox: Assault, but it might be on Virtual Console later on... Anyway, I wouldn't mind it if Wolf looked like his Assault self. A little more polishing like how Mewtwo's current trophy is different than playable Mewtwo and Wolf would look fine. That or his Assault look could be a blue alt or something.

Also, I just noticed that the end hit for his Jab combo is a headbutt. Why are we missing a brutal moveset?

One thing that does need to change is his idle. Removing the "standing" part where he looks like he's in Fox's stance would fix everything since it's kind of "twitchy" when he moves, stops after moving, and then quickly transitions from that part of his idle to the next. If his idle is rehauled entirely sort of like what happened to Sheik and Bowser, I wouldn't mind one based on Iori Yagami's. For context, Iori also uses "claw" attacks and is the rival to Kyo Kusanagi like how Wolf is Fox's rival.

Last edited:
Top Bottom