• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've voted for Wolf, but I'm almost sure that he's already in development. There's no way they would work on Lucas while keeping Wolf up in the air.

:231:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Be careful with your optimism, guys. Wolf may not be as far into development as we think.

Just vote for him to make sure Nintendo and Sakurai understand how badly we want him back.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I've voted for Wolf, but I'm almost sure that he's already in development. There's no way they would work on Lucas while keeping Wolf up in the air.

This. The fact that Mewtwo and Lucas use what seems to be existing moves already solidifies the fact that making him would be no problem for the SSB4 team. Wolf would just need a model update and for his moves to be added into the physics of the game.

Wolf is pretty much a guarantee since Lucas came back.

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice

Gotta agree. I feel Lucas came first because there's nothing to tie him to except Smash as his series is over. Wolf on the other hand can be tied to the marketing drive for Star Fox.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Wolf will be revealed when Starfox U is shown at E3 in the same manner Lucas was. There's no doubt in my mind now.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
In some ways. I'm pissed.
That mystery fighter could have been Lucas. Which would have made me die of happiness.:4mewtwo::4lucas::wolf::popo:

The pain of the other two is starting to come through now.
Especially Lucas. I felt bloody certain he would return with Wolf,
If for some reason we don't get Wolf I might cry.
I miss them.:popo::wolf:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing as Lucas is coming out in June and we'll almost definitely be getting Star Fox news at E3, I'm guessing that Wolf will be announced at E3 as something to tide us over until the poll ends.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
This is what gets me thinking, what if voting for Wolf is something wasted as he will be DLC anyway? Not insulting just a thought.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Shofu wants Wolf, Seagull wants Wolf, and in general, people want Wolf in the game. Then again, you can replace those names and it'd be the same for anyone.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is what gets me thinking, what if voting for Wolf is something wasted as he will be DLC anyway? Not insulting just a thought.
Lucas being revealed has no bearing on Wolf. Sure, Wolf is likely, especially with Star Fox U releasing this year, but the developers should know about the support he currently has.

The fact remains that we don't know if he's being considered right now, so pushing for him is never a waste.

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I voted Wolf! :wolf:

Although I'll be changing my vote to Ice Climbers if he's announced before October.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Not a waste for me. All I really need is Wolf back, then all my favorite Nintendo characters will be there. Any other characters they add after is just icing on the cake.

Reggie Amiibo

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpadgerBadger
3DS FC
5472-6503-9144
The reason I put in the ballot for voting Wolf was "What's the matter, scared?" I think that will convince them.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, Wolf will be DLC regardless of how many votes he gets because he's a popular cut veteran who can be used to promote the new Star Fox game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Someone found this on Sakurai's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai

I dunno if someone posted this before, but apparently, more fighters, as in more than Mewtwo and Lucas, are on the way. I bet we can all agree Wolf is most likely one of those fighters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I figured, though I was thinking they were planning to make more before they thought of the ballot. Could be wrong, though.
You're probably right. The speculation right now is that Wolf is already in development and will be announced at E3 along with Star Fox Wii U news, which just so happens to be around the same time Lucas is releasing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You're probably right. The speculation right now is that Wolf is already in development and will be announced at E3 along with Star Fox Wii U news, which just so happens to be around the same time Lucas is releasing.
I know. Newcomers and DLC characters have been revealed in Nintendo Directs so far, and there is likely to be some kind of Nintendo Direct at E3. June and E3 is the most likely time we will see another Direct, so I think it is pretty safe to say we'll see Wolf then. Still, I am sure you knew that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
After Lucas's return, I'm very confident Wolf will return next. I'll probably use a proxy server to vote for Wolf later since I voted for some other characters already

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You know what scares me, pages like King K. Rool's has over 22,000 replies, Isaac with 11,000, and other pages with more. Everyone, spread the word. Wolf has more competition than we thought.
Thread traffic is a bit of an inconsistent gauge since it only really says something about the talkativeness of the regulars and not necessarily their number. Also, some are older or newer than others. I think Wolf's thread is disproportionately small because lots of people were expecting him up until the final roster reveal. Poll results indicate that if thread traffic meant anything, Wolf would have the busiest thread.

Going off of the threads here though...

K. Rool easily, then Isaac and Bandana Dee, then Krystal (woot), then Rayman, then Snake... then a few in the 2000s like Wolf, Dixie, and Roy.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I put down in my reason these words. With Andross gone he is the main antagonist of the Star Fox series even though he has helped his rival out a few times he is to Fox what Bowser is to Mario and Ganondorf is to Link.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I don't know if someone has had this theory or not, but considering the poll lasts til October, and Lucas comes out two months after Mewtwo, what if these characters in the poll have 2 month release windows between one another until December? Considering E3 is around when Lucas releases, they could announce Wolf along Star Fox Wii U for hype purposes and marketing and then from there release the rest of the most voted poll characters. I feel like this is what they have planned.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
The one in the assault codec needs to be put in the trash and then burned in said trash and judging from the way Lucas looked I think they will port him from brawl, polish him and release him
And then thrown in the trash again and then burned again etc etc
THAT'S THE SPIRIT, because i know that nobody likes that model *looks at it* AAHH, GET IT OUT OF MY FACE!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm pretty religious about my K. Rool support, but I thought I'd let you guys know that Wolf is the only other character besides him whom I sent a vote his way. Wolf is the new Mewtwo figure with overwhelming support for returning from his idiotic cut, especially with Lucas confirmed. I supported Mewtwo as my #2 previously, and I'll gladly give my support to Wolf as well.

There is of course the (quite likely) chance that Wolf is already being produced, but Sakurai will blatantly use any excuse he can to include his favorites if possible over what fans actually want, as seen in the base game's roster. Better safe than sorry, don't let Wolf's poll numbers suffer for it.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I don't know if someone has had this theory or not, but considering the poll lasts til October, and Lucas comes out two months after Mewtwo, what if these characters in the poll have 2 month release windows between one another until December? Considering E3 is around when Lucas releases, they could announce Wolf along Star Fox Wii U for hype purposes and marketing and then from there release the rest of the most voted poll characters. I feel like this is what they have planned.
Yes. That very same theory has been mentioned here. It's a good theory. I like it.

The Wolf for Smash and Star Fox Wii U association has been made several times, but only recently has the bi-monthly thing been mentioned.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT, because i know that nobody likes that model *looks at it* AAHH, GET IT OUT OF MY FACE!
The first time I saw that face I was like, "what the heck?"

mark welford

Smash Ace
Nintendo metaphorically has turned the support threads into warring factions all vying to have their character be next in line to the smash cast and at this point both Mewtwo and Lucas came back from the trophy graveyard revived by the will of their fans so why not Wolf? We can do this if we work as one and I know Wolf seems to be next but vote just in case for Wolf! We truly now are in a campaign war.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo metaphorically has turned the support threads into warring factions all vying to have their character be next in line to the smash cast and at this point both Mewtwo and Lucas came back from the trophy graveyard revived by the will of their fans so why not Wolf? We can do this if we work as one and I know Wolf seems to be next but vote just in case for Wolf! We truly now are in a campaign war.
Wolf is on his way. I did throw in a vote for him anyway though just in case.

I really think, if you guys can, you guys should support your next favorite character considering Wolf's inevitability.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Can you vote multiple times? Or does your IP limit you to only one? Because I voted for Wolf, K. Rool, and Snake a WHOLE lot.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Whew, we're at about 2340 supporters, man with all the people who support Wolf, it should be a good few million people who want him back. Pretty much all of smashboards is supporting him in some way.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If your IP specifically limited you to one vote, I'd think that it wouldn't be possible to vote again from the same IP. Then again, I'm not really sure about how that sort of thing works.

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
If your IP specifically limited you to one vote, I'd think that it wouldn't be possible to vote again from the same IP. Then again, I'm not really sure about how that sort of thing works.
That's sort of what I was thinking. Since it doesn't keep you from doing it again, I doubt they have any form of IP Address tracker going on. So I'm gonna keep voting! (Hopefully not in vain!)

Top Bottom