• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I wish people would quit acting like Wolf is guaranteed and would vote for him :(

In life nothing is guaranteed.
Wolf is practically guaranteed though, it's crazy to think he won't be in if Lucas did

Too many things are pointing towards his inclusion
His theme in the game 3 times
His trophy is the assault model and not brawls
There's a new star fox game in the works and it's going to be revealed at E3 which also happens to be the month Lucas is released

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Wolf is practically guaranteed though, it's crazy to think he won't be in if Lucas did

There's a new star fox game in the works and it's going to be revealed at E3 which also happens to be the month Lucas is released

That's exactly what's going to happen.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah, I think Wolf is basically all but confirmed at this point. If Lucas is coming back, then I don't see why Wolf wouldn't especially since Wolf is about to be in a new game unlike Lucas.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
This is good news, I say vote for Wolf until he's confirmed, Now both Lucas and Mewtwo are back, we need the Star Wolf
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys we have to go back to those Wolf videos and put the link to the poll on them boost the votes even more.
I already did that on some of the Star Wolf tune videos on Youtube. Hopefully, those messages I put there will be seen.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm not worried about Wolf in the slightest. Him and Lucas were always neck-and-neck when it came to "most wanted" votes, no doubt it'll be the same here. Plus with all those SSBB assets being easily transferable, he wouldn't be as much work as a complete newcomer or Melee veteran.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Lucas was the most requested on @PushDustIn poll.
Wolf was right behind him.
If you assume he is coming back and do nothing about it.
He is going to be very low priority.
Assuming he's not next in line to tie with Star Fox (whatever the hell its called)
He probably will be shafted if you don't vote for him.
Sakurai has a soft spot for Lucas. Don't believe me? Go look at his screen time in Subspace and the reference to it within his trailer.
I truly believe Wolf will be coming soon.
Lucas was a easier job though.
1. His Moves are partially in the game thanks to Ness.
2. His voice clip's are the same as Brawl which can't be said for Wolf at this time.
3. He looks very similar to Ness. Which can't be said for Wolf and the other two:wolf:-:4fox::4falco:
Keep Strong and Believe Folks :)
I support him through and through.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Updated the Wolf for DLC twitter page with a link to the poll and of course spammed Wolf in the poll, which I will do as a daily ritual until he's confirmed.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I"m pretty sure he will be in, but vote and support for him just in case. I already did and god knows what Sakurai is doing. He'll probably make two characters: Wolf and the one from the polls.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not worried about Wolf in the slightest. Him and Lucas were always neck-and-neck when it came to "most wanted" votes, no doubt it'll be the same here. Plus with all those SSBB assets being easily transferable, he wouldn't be as much work as a complete newcomer or Melee veteran.
The funny thing is that Mewtwo looks like its using some moves from Melee, but fixed to have a stronger presence or work better like how multi-hit moves in this game link much better for the most part... Zelda's Up and Side Smash and Falco's Up Smash which I think has the only issue of the knockback on the first hit which shouldn't be there or should be toned down as Utilt doesn't have base knockback and only growth on the first hit, but I digress.

One thing: how would Wolf work now because of Falco having his Bair? If Wolf takes Melee Fox and Falco; and Brawl Falco's Bair, then that's a literal kick in the face to Falco who loses a sex kick that could help him in disadvantage while Wolf gains a sex kick to complement a good Nair. There was even an old image showing Falco in a similar pose to his Melee and Brawl Bair or it could be the first few frames of air dodge - probably not - or the current Bair. Giving Falco's Bair back would be a patch of its own. Well, there's my Falco spiel.

Onto Wolf, voice. Would Wolf keep his Brawl voice or follow the theme of Star Fox 64? That would be a bit weird since it just doesn't fit his appearance, personally. If he goes 64, then Wolf might actually have a new model which once again, would be weird since it'd be only for this game and then SSB5 and Star Fox Wii U might have Wolf looking different. This wouldn't be like Link staying in his Twilight Princess outfit which is similar enough to Skyward Sword and to many, it's the "modern" Link outfit. Wolf didn't have an outfit like Fox and Falco that stayed consistent barring two games, Adventures which he never appeared in, and Assault where he has his current look mixed with Star Fox 2 concepts. Y'know, it might be better if Wolf gains a new model based no on 64 or Assault/Command/Brawl, but on the upcoming Star Fox game just to tease it.

Speaking of which, I feel like Wolf might be kept as a tease at the end of a Star Fox Wii U trailer sort of like how Capcom teased Vergil and DMC4: Special Edition in the DmC: Definitive Edition announcement trailer. When DMC4: SE got a gameplay trailer, not only Vergil was shown playable, but Trish and Lady too. That little tease built a ton of hype and while DmC and DMC are in different situations, could you imagine the hype with a little tease at the end of a Star Fox Wii U trailer? All it needs is Wolf saying, "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" and a tag saying Wolf will join SSB4 at whatever date. They could have Wolf be a pre-order bonus, a code that's part first print copies which hopefully won't get scalped, or just standalone and part of Star Fox Wii U's launch.

With customs, I remember talking about it, but it's a bit more interesting as Lucas kept his PK Freeze. What if there were property changes to make Lucas's PK Freeze different to Ness's PK Freeze custom sort of like how by default, their PK Fires were different. Lucas being able to kill with PK Freeze would be great alongside maybe a quicker setup time and freezing longer and earlier. Or the chance that Wolf Flash just gets transferred over and Fox gets a replacement customs which would be cool as Fox gets a new custom, but it's still interesting to see how Fox uses it and that Fox gains a spike alongside Fair spiking which is difficult from what I've seen.

I really, really want Wolf in the game. The hype is affecting all of us.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, anyone planning on making a promotional video to get people to vote for Wolf?

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
The funny thing is that Mewtwo looks like its using some moves from Melee, but fixed to have a stronger presence or work better like how multi-hit moves in this game link much better for the most part... Zelda's Up and Side Smash and Falco's Up Smash which I think has the only issue of the knockback on the first hit which shouldn't be there or should be toned down as Utilt doesn't have base knockback and only growth on the first hit, but I digress.

One thing: how would Wolf work now because of Falco having his Bair? If Wolf takes Melee Fox and Falco; and Brawl Falco's Bair, then that's a literal kick in the face to Falco who loses a sex kick that could help him in disadvantage while Wolf gains a sex kick to complement a good Nair. There was even an old image showing Falco in a similar pose to his Melee and Brawl Bair or it could be the first few frames of air dodge - probably not - or the current Bair. Giving Falco's Bair back would be a patch of its own. Well, there's my Falco spiel.

Onto Wolf, voice. Would Wolf keep his Brawl voice or follow the theme of Star Fox 64? That would be a bit weird since it just doesn't fit his appearance, personally. If he goes 64, then Wolf might actually have a new model which once again, would be weird since it'd be only for this game and then SSB5 and Star Fox Wii U might have Wolf looking different. This wouldn't be like Link staying in his Twilight Princess outfit which is similar enough to Skyward Sword and to many, it's the "modern" Link outfit. Wolf didn't have an outfit like Fox and Falco that stayed consistent barring two games, Adventures which he never appeared in, and Assault where he has his current look mixed with Star Fox 2 concepts. Y'know, it might be better if Wolf gains a new model based no on 64 or Assault/Command/Brawl, but on the upcoming Star Fox game just to tease it.

Speaking of which, I feel like Wolf might be kept as a tease at the end of a Star Fox Wii U trailer sort of like how Capcom teased Vergil and DMC4: Special Edition in the DmC: Definitive Edition announcement trailer. When DMC4: SE got a gameplay trailer, not only Vergil was shown playable, but Trish and Lady too. That little tease built a ton of hype and while DmC and DMC are in different situations, could you imagine the hype with a little tease at the end of a Star Fox Wii U trailer? All it needs is Wolf saying, "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" and a tag saying Wolf will join SSB4 at whatever date. They could have Wolf be a pre-order bonus, a code that's part first print copies which hopefully won't get scalped, or just standalone and part of Star Fox Wii U's launch.

With customs, I remember talking about it, but it's a bit more interesting as Lucas kept his PK Freeze. What if there were property changes to make Lucas's PK Freeze different to Ness's PK Freeze custom sort of like how by default, their PK Fires were different. Lucas being able to kill with PK Freeze would be great alongside maybe a quicker setup time and freezing longer and earlier. Or the chance that Wolf Flash just gets transferred over and Fox gets a replacement customs which would be cool as Fox gets a new custom, but it's still interesting to see how Fox uses it and that Fox gains a spike alongside Fair spiking which is difficult from what I've seen.

I really, really want Wolf in the game. The hype is affecting all of us.
Answer: Multiple costumes, with brawl moveset.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I remembered when once upon a time wolf seemed like he would be in smash wii u becuz reasons...

Just keep supporting him please or he may get left behind.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
We all know Wolf will most likely come back, still, I have sent 4 of these new poll things in the las hours, all containing "Wolf" wishes.
If the Lucas and Mewtwo fans can do this, than we can too.

Vote for him, just do it, no matter how stupidly high the chances are he is comeing, just be safe guys :3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Answer: Multiple costumes, with brawl moveset.
I wished Fox had a James McCloud alt and an alt of him being older like in the Marcus ending of Command where he gets a goatee and wears sunglasses. Maybe a Marcus one too. Falco was this close to wearing sunglasses! He had the white jacket and gold-plated boots. If he only had Captain Falcon's boots, red undershirt-thing, and sunglasses!

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Posted in PM social wolf thread too, hopefully will generate some more votes. I voted for wolf, slenderman, and freddy frazbear XD LOL I can't even imagine the moves they would have

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Posted in PM social wolf thread too, hopefully will generate some more votes. I voted for wolf, slenderman, and freddy frazbear XD LOL I can't even imagine the moves they would have
Freddy Fazbear? This should be interesting...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I wasn't all that good with Wolf in Brawl, I wouldn't mind him returning as downloadable. Despite having similar special moves to Fox and Falco, Wolf had a totally different playstyle. Plus, the roster is lacking in villains/antiheroes.

rsr2

Smash Lord
For sure. My vote has been made and I have been telling others to vote Wolf as well. I really hope he makes it ^ _ ^

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Though I wasn't all that good with Wolf in Brawl, I wouldn't mind him returning as downloadable. Despite having similar special moves to Fox and Falco, Wolf had a totally different playstyle. Plus, the roster is lacking in villains/antiheroes.
He's A tier in Project M.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
According to today's Nintendo Direct,
Nintendo confirmed a character voting ballot is being started on a microsite!

This means we can vote for the characters we want in Smash 4.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Lucas making his return practically confirms Wolf is gonna show up at some point or another, so there wasn't any real need for me to vote on the issue, but you know what? **** it. Wolf all the way.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I'd just wait until E3 2015 at this point. That and wherever Mewtwo and Lucas end up on the roster will give indication if there will be more fighters (err... duh lol).

But in all seriousness, Wolf is a viable fighter to develop even before polling ends. I'm assuming Lucas is being ported from Brawl so maybe in a two-month span or so he's done.

If a new Star Fox is announced at E3 and Wolf is announced, then we should have him by August or so. I just want to see what Brawl Wolf sounds like voiced by the actor from 64 / 643D.

So yup, Wolf has my full support though I kinda support Impa and Dixie Kong as well.

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
I'd just wait until E3 2015 at this point. That and wherever Mewtwo and Lucas end up on the roster will give indication if there will be more fighters (err... duh lol).

But in all seriousness, Wolf is a viable fighter to develop even before polling ends. I'm assuming Lucas is being ported from Brawl so maybe in a two-month span or so he's done.

If a new Star Fox is announced at E3 and Wolf is announced, then we should have him by August or so. I just want to see what Brawl Wolf sounds like voiced by the actor from 64 / 643D.

So yup, Wolf has my full support though I kinda support Impa and Dixie Kong as well.
Dixie Kong won't happen (maybe next game) and if they do Impa, it would probably just be a skin for Sheik.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Off-topic for here, but the fact that the poll asks your sex makes me wonder if Sakurai and Sora are going to sort the most requested characters by sex to make both happy and include gender equality. Whoever most of the dudes vote for and whoever most of the chicks vote for. One character from each, plus Wolf, whose effectively guaranteed, let's be serious. Just a theory.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong won't happen (maybe next game) and if they do Impa, it would probably just be a skin for Sheik.
Sorry for double post but I saw this just after I posted, and your crazy if you think Dixie has no chance. If anything, she's easily in top five most likely. She was just in an acclaimed Wii U platformer released only a year ago, and most people are all for more DK representation (well, by most people I mean pretty much everyone). And she's been considered before by Sakurai and the team too I believe. AND she'd be an easy inclusion, as she can easily semi-clone Diddy and be based on his model, animations and moves.

I feel like she has a better shot than even K. Rool unless the poll landslides in his favorite. I would love to see Dixie, she's one of my most anticipated newcomers, because I'm a sucker for DKC2. But this isn't bias, she's easily up top along with K. Rool, Isaac, Wolf and maybe a couple others like Bandana Dee and Roy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom