• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Were gonna lose him arent we :cry:
The day is almost upon us. Hearts will be broken, tears will be shed, and fanboys will rage. All in all, I think it'll be a fun day, regardless of the outcome.

No we won't, Never give up, Never surrender. Until he's officially dead in the ground keep you're hopes up
:bluejump:
Exactly. Until we hear a flat-out NO about Wolf, he's still with us.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Although a lot of brawl's movesets felt completely uninspired
Ike's straightforward in Brawl and in Fire Emblem. He was noted to have a simple, brutal, but unorthodox style compared to every other fighter in Fire Emblem. So, you can't do much with Ike.

Lucario channels the whole kung fu thing. Snake's pretty simple along with simple trapping. Sonic, well, he's Sonic. Toon Link was Link, but he had different attacks due to his stubby legs and arms. Wario's nasty as hell. ROB has laser beams and booster rockets like most robots... Dedede had a giant hammer and swung at people. Meta Knight pulls the whole teleport and swing as fast as possible routine in hack n' slash games - just look at Vergil fights in Devil May Cry 3. Lucas suffers from Mother/EarthBound having main characters being similar in combat.

Pokémon Trainer lives through a gimmick, but that's what makes him and his team unique. Zero Suit Samus had some flair to her hand-to-hand combat, but most stuff just revolved around her plasma whip and stun gun along with being a different Samus playstyle. Wolf's savage compared to most characters - Bowser's the only other savage character, but he was sluggish and nonthreatening in Brawl - and out of the semi-clones, Wolf's moveset was the more unique ones.

Pit didn't have much definition aside from shooting arrows, so stuff just worked with him.

Y'know, I think it might be because the characters introduced in Brawl had set personalities, fighting styles, etc. that there wasn't much to be done. Wolf never fought outside of his Wolfen. We knew his personality, but not how he fought on ground. So, we couldn't be sure if he was going to be brawler, dirty boxer, well-trained fighter, a grappler, or some savage Wolverine-like fighter.

This is probably why Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and the Villager seem different and cool. Little Mac got a spin on his moves so he wasn't just a boxer, but a boxer who defies the laws of physics. Greninja's a ninja, therefore, cool.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ike's straightforward in Brawl and in Fire Emblem. He was noted to have a simple, brutal, but unorthodox style compared to every other fighter in Fire Emblem. So, you can't do much with Ike.

Lucario channels the whole kung fu thing. Snake's pretty simple along with simple trapping. Sonic, well, he's Sonic. Toon Link was Link, but he had different attacks due to his stubby legs and arms. Wario's nasty as hell. ROB has laser beams and booster rockets like most robots... Dedede had a giant hammer and swung at people. Meta Knight pulls the whole teleport and swing as fast as possible routine in hack n' slash games - just look at Vergil fights in Devil May Cry 3. Lucas suffers from Mother/EarthBound having main characters being similar in combat.

Pokémon Trainer lives through a gimmick, but that's what makes him and his team unique. Zero Suit Samus had some flair to her hand-to-hand combat, but most stuff just revolved around her plasma whip and stun gun along with being a different Samus playstyle. Wolf's savage compared to most characters - Bowser's the only other savage character, but he was sluggish and nonthreatening in Brawl - and out of the semi-clones, Wolf's moveset was the more unique ones.

Pit didn't have much definition aside from shooting arrows, so stuff just worked with him.

Y'know, I think it might be because the characters introduced in Brawl had set personalities, fighting styles, etc. that there wasn't much to be done. Wolf never fought outside of his Wolfen. We knew his personality, but not how he fought on ground. So, we couldn't be sure if he was going to be brawler, dirty boxer, well-trained fighter, a grappler, or some savage Wolverine-like fighter.

This is probably why Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and the Villager seem different and cool. Little Mac got a spin on his moves so he wasn't just a boxer, but a boxer who defies the laws of physics. Greninja's a ninja, therefore, cool.
Wolf's naturally aggressive nature probably contributed to his current moveset. Should he make his return, I hope it doesn't change. As for being a semi-clone, Wolf is one of the furthest things from. Falco suits that term better, as he is still roughly based on Fox.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wolf's naturally aggressive nature probably contributed to his current moveset. Should he make his return, I hope it doesn't change. As for being a semi-clone, Wolf is one of the furthest things from. Falco suits that term better, as he is still roughly based on Fox.
Well, people say Wolf's a clone even though his Specials are tweaked - they function the same as Fox's and Falco's, but work differently - and his normals and smashes are different. Wolf's like Ike than Roy; Falco was to Roy as Fox was to Marth. Now, few people say Ike's a clone or a semi-clone when Ike's Specials function similarly to Marth's, but like Wolf, his normals and smashes are different.

Wolf's the savage to Fox's civil; Ike's the brutal to Marth's finesse; Falco's the Luigi to Fox's Mario.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, people say Wolf's a clone even though his Specials are tweaked - they function the same as Fox's and Falco's, but work differently - and his normals and smashes are different. Wolf's like Ike than Roy; Falco was to Roy as Fox was to Marth. Now, few people say Ike's a clone or a semi-clone when Ike's Specials function similarly to Marth's, but like Wolf, his normals and smashes are different.

Wolf's the savage to Fox's civil; Ike's the brutal to Marth's finesse; Falco's the Luigi to Fox's Mario.
There wasn't really that much to draw from in terms of specials, so they pretty much had no choice. But yeah, Wolf's specials are based on Fox's, yet have much different properties. They're much more different than, say, Toon Link's sub-weapons as compared to Link's.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
There wasn't really that much to draw from in terms of specials, so they pretty much had no choice. But yeah, Wolf's specials are based on Fox's, yet have much different properties. They're much more different than, say, Toon Link's sub-weapons as compared to Link's.
Assault has tons of weapons available, grenades, rocket launchers, jetpacks and so many others

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Im so ****ing mad apparently Fox has a color that looks like wolf. Wolf better be in sakurai god dammit.
Apparently they might have got it confused with Fox's dark/black costume from Brawl.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Well folks, looks like we got some news about Wolf from Zipzo's hands-on with the final build in the Japanese demo.

RIP Space Cowboy 2008-2014

;_;7 Gone but not forgotten (yet)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Assault has tons of weapons available, grenades, rocket launchers, jetpacks and so many others
I'm wondering if they actually did consider all the features from Assault in terms of specials. Maybe they decided against it so Wolf would be more in line with the other two....or maybe they just ran out of time, so they just slapped that together.

I ****ing hate sakurai that stupid *******. God dammit Ill have to start a stupid DLC campaign now just to have sakurai ignore me because he is an idiot.
Wait, what happened? Is Wolf truly not there?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'm wondering if they actually did consider all the features from Assault in terms of specials. Maybe they decided against it so Wolf would be more in line with the other two....or maybe they just ran out of time, so they just slapped that together.

Wait, what happened? Is Wolf truly not there?
Fox has a wolf alt one with a blue scouter and slightly different fur its ****ing bull****, dark pit is a ****ing character but wolf a character who actually matters is a ****ing alt. I hope you join in on the wolf dlc campaign Im gonna try and start because its the only way we will even have a remote chance at getting wolf to be playable.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
User Zipzo is at the Japan event with a release build demo and it has a Fox color that gives him gray fur and the scouter thing Wolf has. If it was just the fur it'd be one thing but they apparently actually put a scouter on him for this specific color.

:4greninja:

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Fox has a wolf alt one with a blue scouter and slightly different fur its ****ing bull****, dark pit is a ****ing character but wolf a character who actually matters is a ****ing alt. I hope you join in on the wolf dlc campaign Im gonna try and start because its the only way we will even have a remote chance at getting wolf to be playable.
I had a feeling... I hope Sakurai has a very good explanation for that.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've never played any Starfox games, don't care for the series that much, and don't main Wolf. I know nothing about Starfox characters in a whole, but I can still say this:

I would much rather have Wolf in this game than Falco. While I may be wrong, I feel like Wolf has a more prominent role in Super Smash Bros. than Falco will ever have, and even possibly in the Starfox series. I would say Falco is a complete clone, yet he is still prefered over Wolf. I don't even like Wolf yet I find it one of the most illogical things in the franchise when people say Wolf is a clone - the only thing even remotely similar is that his specials look the same as Fox. They don't behave the same, they don't act the same, nothing is the same except how they look. Falco, on the other hand... Falco is a straight clone. He's more of a clone than Luigi, which is saying something. I would honestly say I would rather have Roy being in the game, even though he is basically a complete clone, than have Falco come in. I feel like Sakurai removing Wolf from the game and replacing him with Falco is just idiotic...

He removed my favorite villain in Smash Bros. from the roster...

cri

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
good point so people this could mean absolutely nothing I do strongly believe wolf is in maybe the guy has not saw him yet.
Tons of characters have palette swaps referencing other characters. Toon Link had one for the Link from the first The Legend of Zelda, Luigi had a Waluigi palette swap, Zelda had an Ocarina of Time Zelda palette swap in Brawl, Lucas had Claus's clothes, Peach had a Daisy one, Wario had a Mario one, Marth had a palette swap that referenced his original appearance in Shadow Dragon, and just look at Samus: all her palette swaps are based on various suits in the Metroid games along with a Dark Samus swap.

So, does this mean Wolf might get a McCloud palette swap. "Fox! I am ... Not your father! HA HAHA!"

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
so.. they reduce starfox saga 3 to 2, Mother 2 to 1, eliminating Ice Climbers saga, and a third party saga, but they are going to put 7 from Mario (Mario, luigi, peach, bowser, rosalina, bowser Jr and Dr. Mario), 2 to 4 from FE (putting a Clone: Lucina), 1 to 3 (!?) from Kid Icarus (adding a clone Pittoo) ... Damn...

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Tons of characters have palette swaps referencing other characters. Toon Link had one for the Link from the first The Legend of Zelda, Luigi had a Waluigi palette swap, Zelda had an Ocarina of Time Zelda palette swap in Brawl, Lucas had Claus's clothes, Peach had a Daisy one, Wario had a Mario one, Marth had a palette swap that referenced his original appearance in Shadow Dragon, and just look at Samus: all her palette swaps are based on various suits in the Metroid games along with a Dark Samus swap.

So, does this mean Wolf might get a McCloud palette swap. "Fox! I am ... Not your father! HA HAHA!"
Wait. Do we even know if the build being presented has ALL playable characters?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait. Do we even know if the build being presented has ALL playable characters?
It's a demo; do you think it'd have all the characters? So no, which is why it's annoying when people start throwing tantrums and reacting like someone just murdered kittens in from of them.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
RIP Wolf. I don't think Star Fox needs three reps, but I wish Sakurai had cut the Falco instead.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
RIP Wolf. I don't think Star Fox needs three reps, but I wish Sakurai had cut the Falco instead.
Plot twist: Wolf is cut as a Star Fox rep, but returns as a Star Wolf rep. He's so badass he gets to rep his own team instead of his franchise. :p

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It's a demo; do you think it'd have all the characters? So no, which is why it's annoying when people start throwing tantrums and reacting like someone just murdered kittens in from of them.
You're right. I shouldn't make judgments until we know the final word on the issue.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I hope the Wolf colors on Fox isn't real. That's pretty lame. That's the worst fear we had becoming true...

Zynux

Smash Lord
Guys, calm down. It's not an alt costume, but a color scheme similar's to Wolf's. Mario has a Wario color, so I wouldn't take this as definite yet.

I will admit, It may be a bit worrying and confusing, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. Wait until confirmation; Zipzo is known to jump the gun a bit.

However, if this really is true, then that is insulting to Wolf IMO (and I'm not even a huge Wolf fan or anything). Not even deserving to be an alt costume, but just a recolor? Really? I personally don't really buy it, regardless if Wolf is gone or not.

---

Also, I would much rather Starfox having 3 characters then Kid Icarus, that's for sure. :ohwell:

Top Bottom