• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Pretty typical that I'd get my most wanted newcomer in the Duck Hunt Dog, who was a ridiculous long shot I thought, and yet my favorite vet who I thought had no chance of being cut has gone.

Sakurai, why you *******.
Hey man at least you got someone, My fav vet was wolf we didnt get mewtwo back and I didnt get a single newcomer I wanted so remember it could always be worse.

Morbi

Scavenger
Pretty typical that I'd get my most wanted newcomer in the Duck Hunt Dog, who was a ridiculous long shot I thought, and yet my favorite vet who I thought had no chance of being cut has gone.

Sakurai, why you *******.
To be fair, as many have stated, Wolf was not confirmed to be removed. However, I feel the same way. I got my most wanted newcomer who was a ridiculous long shot, two of them actually, Lucina and Dark Pit... yet my favorite Brawl veteran who I was 100% certain would return might not return. It is really ironic that they were alternative costumes turn into character swaps and Wolf is allegedly a palette swap coming from a character.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Everybody is crowded around the Wolf thread. Everybody thinks he's De-Confirmed.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
To be fair, as many have stated, Wolf was not confirmed to be removed. However, I feel the same way. I got my most wanted newcomer who was a ridiculous long shot, two of them actually, Lucina and Dark Pit... yet my favorite Brawl veteran who I was 100% certain would return might not return. It is really ironic that they were alternative costumes turn into character swaps and Wolf is allegedly a palette swap coming from a character.
Wolf isn't really a palette swap though. It appears to be a Fox palette that's Wolf-inspired. Like Mario has a Wario palette, and Kirby has a Meta Knight colour.

I still think that Wolf will be in eventually, if not on the base game. Sakurai did say he didn't want to just cut characters.

One thing is for sure, I will not be able to fully enjoy this game until he returns. (Ivysaur, my other favorite vet appears to be gone too :( ).

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I feel it would be along the lines of fox looks too much like wolf and people were complaining about how star fox had too many reps and how they had 3 clones when they really didnt. Its impossible to explain away with out just saying we didnt want to put him in especially if wolf isnt DLC.
I don't see how 3 Star Fox characters were too much. It was just Fox and Falco, and then Wolf. I think that's the perfect number for them, though I'm not opposed to getting more. And anyone that says that they are clones either doesn't know any better, or they are just trying to rile someone.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I remember pre brawl era Wolf had a humongous amount support, I wish that all of them would come back, in numbers maybe we could save him.

I don't see how 3 Star Fox characters were too much. It was just Fox and Falco, and then Wolf. I think that's the perfect number for them, though I'm not opposed to getting more. And anyone that says that they are clones either doesn't know any better, or they are just trying to rile someone.
Alot of casual fans think they are clones since they share 3 specials and have the same body type. We know different but Sakurai listens to the casuals more than the hardcores...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I feel thats whats gonna happen man, sakurai screwed us. He can only make it up if Wolf is in the Wii u version or is dlc or something but I wouldnt count on it, I think Sakurai has forgotten us.
Or he could just be in the 3ds version, there's no reason to count him out just based on a palette swap and if you think that I guess wario's deconfirmed
We don't know when the Star Fox is coming out. and/or Wolf is evolved
Probably late 2015 at best

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I remember pre brawl era Wolf had a humongous amount support, I wish that all of them would come back, in numbers maybe we could save him.

Alot of casual fans think they are clones since they share 3 specials and have the same body type. We know different but Sakurai listens to the casuals more than the hardcores...
I'm not sure if that's the case, but what do I know? Also, yes, they do share specials, but they each have their own unique properties. It's especially true with Wolf. If people can't see that then I don't know what to tell them.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed he's in it. Someone may need to find a source for me. But it seems like a demo level involved "chasing down star wolf"
i havent heard bout that one but if thats true zipo will find it

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Well, that marketing thing with Star Fox U and Wolf as SSB4 dlc looks like a brilliant idea and got me renewed hope. Although SF U is coming out in like a whole year from now more or less.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Wario disconfirmed, guys.

In all seriousness, though, I don't see why an alt would disconfirm Wolf.

Given, the leak has said his fate is less than promising, but don't give hope so easily...

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I find the idea of a palette swap disconfirming a character ridiculous. In brawl, Fox had a Wolf-like palette, and he got in, so history will likely repeat itself.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait... I just realized something. Fox has a palette swap that gives him light gray fur. Gray fur... Gray... Gray Fox... GRAY FOX?!

Gray Fox confirmed as newcomer. Fox (already) confirmed for Gray Fox palette swap. Snake confirmed to return due to Gray Fox presence. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sequel confirmed to star Gray Fox. Also, Half-Life 3. Wolf status: Unknown. :p

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wait... I just realized something. Fox has a palette swap that gives him light gray fur. Gray fur... Gray... Gray Fox... GRAY FOX?!

Gray Fox confirmed as newcomer. Fox (already) confirmed for Gray Fox palette swap. Snake confirmed to return due to Gray Fox presence. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sequel confirmed to star Gray Fox. Also, Half-Life 3. Wolf status: Unknown. :p
C'mon dude, I've seen enough of that nonsense in Miiverse.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Samus' black costume looks an awful lot (almost exactly) like the Dark Samus AT. Interesting development, but unless the name changes to Wolf when that palate is selected (as does not seem to be the case) He is still a chance. Sure, hair/fur changing is rare IN BRAWL, but the pokemon all seem to have proper recolours, so not too suprised that fox does. Given that Zipzo (or whoever was running the reddit post) said Mac and Wire Frame Mac BOTH had 8 palate swaps it would seem kind of odd that Fox and Wolf wouldn't if they were merged.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Doubtful

IT is possible he was held back to coincide with DLC For the new Star Fox game. THat's not a bad marketing move
Thats my thoughts. I see next E3 like this....
"Boat load of info on Star Fox U. Then bam! Wolf is DLC for Smash."
As much as it sucks to have to wait that long, better late than never.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Thats my thoughts. I see next E3 like this....
"Boat load of info on Star Fox U. Then bam! Wolf is DLC for Smash."
As much as it sucks to have to wait that long, better late than never.
But isnt he a color for fox they have found in the japansese final build? this is a good idea though but i dont want to wait that long XD

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman

Wario disconfirmed, guys.

In all seriousness, though, I don't see why an alt would disconfirm Wolf.

Given, the leak has said his fate is less than promising, but don't give hope so easily...
Good point its not even an alt that is wolf its his colors and yeah mario has warios colours yet wario is still there!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think even if Wolf isn't on the roster at first that he's definitely future dlc.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If Wolf ends being cut:
-Pick Fox
-Use his gray wolf-like new color
-Use the custom moves that most resemble Wolf
-Is not the same at all
-???
-Whimper and weep

And sorry if I made a pun out of a probably sensitive topic. I really want Wolf to be still in. ASSAULT Wolf. Not Krystal or Wolf, I really don't like how Fox and Falco play. And I kinda wanted to main a spacie for once in this game.

Top Bottom