• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If Wolf ends being cut:
-Pick Fox
-Use his gray wolf-like new color
-Use the custom moves that most resemble Wolf
-Is not the same at all
-???
-Whimper and weep

And sorry if I made a pun out of a probably sensitive topic. I really want Wolf to be still in. ASSAULT Wolf. Not Krystal or Wolf, I really don't like how Fox and Falco play. And I kinda wanted to main a spacie for once in this game.
Fox just doesn't have the personality to pretend to be Wolf.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I swear if wolf is not in that will be another $40 and $60 sakurai and Nintendo will not get until he shows up in some shape or form I am sorry guys but I am very specific and particular person if there is something I like even if it is one thing and it is not there I will not get it whether it is a movie or cd or whatever I will not get I am very picky when it comes to things.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Dream dead?
Not in the slightest, Fox having a gray fur alt doesn't matter, in fact, it makes sense regardless of whether wolf is in or not. Of all the fur colours that would look good on fox, gray works really well. Plus I don't see how this resembles wolf except for the fur

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Seriously guys, this palette does not look anything like Wolf and does not affect his DLC chances AT ALL. Carry on.

D

Deleted member 245254

no it is not. wolf's attire is blue not purple I can't tell what color that visor is but that is certainly not wolf color except the palette. are you trolling? if so stop!
His visor is blue. I stated that under the picture.

Again I won't say this deconfirms wolf anymore, but the purple is not as prominent as the picture makes if look when he's in game.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I don't quite understand why it isn't Falco getting the boot he has been a clone for two games now and when wolf got introduced he was so much less of a clone Falco it's ridiculous. Personally I think we should stick with the both of them and Maybe throw Krystal in there as "DLC" if that becomes a thing.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Oh ok. The way it was stated the first time I though Zipzo meant that he literally had Wolf's eye-patch-esque scouter covering his eye. Yeah this disconfirms nothing, especially since there's a black-haired Pit in that exact same shot (though granted Dark Pit doesn't wear purple).

Time to stick Wolf back in my sig!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Fox just doesn't have the personality to pretend to be Wolf.
"Can't let you do that, StarMe!"

"..."

"Sigh, it's just not the same..."

Now, if Falco ends up with a Powalski recolor, then this alt will be totally justified.

But yeah, no, Wolf isn't out just yet.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
"Can't let you do that, StarMe!"

"..."

"Sigh, it's just not the same..."

Now, if Falco ends up with a Powalski recolor, then this alt will be totally justified.

But yeah, no, Wolf isn't out just yet.
I want Leon in just for the hell of it because if Wolf is indeed out and Falco is back it would be very fitting to shout out "Annoying bird I am THE GREAT LEON" plus I think Wolf said it best in Brawl "What' the matter scared?" of revealing me :D

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can't believe I apparently never posted here before until now....

Wolf was awesome and my favourite of the three. Would be a shame if he was really cut....

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Oh ok. The way it was stated the first time I though Zipzo meant that he literally had Wolf's eye-patch-esque scouter covering his eye. Yeah this disconfirms nothing, especially since there's a black-haired Pit in that exact same shot (though granted Dark Pit doesn't wear purple).

Time to stick Wolf back in my sig!
That's not black hair, it's just a darker brown. Could even be just the lighting

It's clearly meant to resemble Wolf. There's no way to deny that. But it still doesn't deconfirm Wolf.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be fair, the picture actually further convinced me that Wolf is his own character in the game. It reminds me of Wolf's "Fox" palette in Brawl to a significant extent.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
He's one of my most used fighters in Brawl, and for such an amazing moveset to go to waste would be a... well, a waste!

I don't want that Wolfox colour to only remain of him. I need him back for Smash 4, and me being a complete believer of the Ninka leak is making it hard.

Seriously, Wolf's moveset in Smash 4's physics with faster fall speeds and hitstun would've been perfect. Up-air would've been a beast at juggling.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He's one of my most used fighters in Brawl, and for such an amazing moveset to go to waste would be a... well, a waste!

I don't want that Wolfox colour to only remain of him. I need him back for Smash 4, and me being a complete believer of the Ninka leak is making it hard.

Seriously, Wolf's moveset in Smash 4's physics with faster fall speeds and hitstun would've been perfect. Up-air would've been a beast at juggling.
Honestly I find it hard to believe that wolf would be cut, the roster would've been finalized at the start of development and wolf not being on there is just really stupid to me, Same with Lucas. People can try to argue that they are clones all they want but to me they never will be

mark welford

Smash Ace
if you ask me this kinda softly confirm him in my opinion but I maybe wrong also just got on here from NFL sunday watching my team the Steelers win so I am in a good mood right now.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Maybe a bit suspicious a demo would have Wolf colors like that before there's official word of him being cut. Didn't Sakurai say he hated it when people jumped to conclusions?

Not expecting much and that is probably clutching at straws anyway. All we can do is hope he sneaks in once again in a few days.

SmasherWolf

Smash Rookie
the only thing that is keeping my hopes up is that Kirby alt color where he looks just like Metaknight but without the mask.
dont have the pic right now, but he is exactly the color of MK.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm hoping Wolf returns honestly. My favorite space animal out of the three.

Zynux

Smash Lord
People are jumping the gun on Wolf some more I see.

I'll just say this: If Wolf is cut, and if that color was put in just to throw a bone to Wolf fans, then Lord Almighty :facepalm:. Shouldn't have even bothered, it just adds more salt in the wound

SmasherWolf

Smash Rookie
People are jumping the gun on Wolf some more I see.

I'll just say this: If Wolf is cut, and if that color was put in just to throw a bone to Wolf fans, then Lord Almighty :facepalm:. Shouldn't have even bothered, it just adds more salt in the wound
I would be fine if he at least made it an actual ALT. You know, slighty different model and his own voice.
Man, I dont know about you, but I dont care about Wolf's moveset. I just want to play as my favorite mercenary, thats all.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I would be fine if he at least made it an actual ALT. You know, slighty different model and his own voice.
Man, I dont know about you, but I dont care about Wolf's moveset. I just want to play as my favorite mercenary, thats all.
Wolf having fox's moveset would be a terrible idea

Claws>Kicks

mark welford

Smash Ace
An alt is insulting because it means you arnt deemed worthy of playable character status.
if this is true this is a spit in the face that he went from character to palette swap while dark pit and lucina who should be palette swaps are character but ooooooo I shouldn't of said I'm going to hurt some feelings! at this point I don't care all I asked for is one character I can't even get that(if he is truly cut).

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
but that palette swap look nothing like wolf though! and like I said if he isn't in the game I am not getting it I want something a certain way it is not like that I wont get it I am sorry but I am very picky and particular person.

106Ghost

Smash Rookie
Ugh... even if it does not look that similar to wolf, the wolf-fox alt makes me cringe. Wolf was not my main in brawl but he was my favorite star fox character in brawl. It would be a shame if he was cut from the roster.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
WOLF NEEDS TO BE BACK AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECENT LEAKS OR EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT HIM BEING IN THANKS :D And could someone please attach an image of that grey fur fox alt i keep hearing about cause i havent seen it yet?

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
No news since ESRB roster having 5 more spaces.
Unless you count the somewhat similar Fox colour as diminishing his chances (I don't)

He'll be back. Someone needs to steal Falco's bread.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well a recent gamexplain video said they don't think wolf is out yet even with the alt. Didn't they go to the PAX thing, where it was rumored the final build would be seen? So they got some info? Maybe it doesn't mean much anyway, just thought it was interesting.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
1. Fox alt isn't Wolf. Just a grey Fox.
2. If Wolf was cut, why wouldn't they at least make the Fox alt look just like Wolf, especially with the koopalings and Alph being a thing?
3. The screenshot isn't the game's final build.
4. Mario/Pit are proof that having a palette swap resemble a character doesn't equate to a loss of the character's playable chances.
5. Dark Pit no longer being a Pit costume makes sense since Dark Pit is literally just a black Pit. They would be indistinguishable. Same with other characters like Blood Falcon and Dark Link. Wolf does not have this problem.
6. If anything, this alt may be HINTING to Wolf's presence as a hidden character. It could simply be a teaser.
7. As others have said, Wolf could very well get a "Fox" palette swap as well. They're rivals. Referencing each other, like Mario and Wario's alts that resemble one another, makes sense.
8. Fox needed a couple of new costumes to fulfill the 8-per-character feature. Add a grey wolf-like one. One more costume to go.
9. Falco in, but Wolf out? Dark Pit and Doc in, but no Wolf? PLEASE.
10. Unique movesets that aren't especially resource intensive (like Shulk, Rosalina etc.) should never be cut anyway unless there's a licensing problems (Snake), an abolished feature (PT) or is an extra from a dead, relatively unknown/unplayed and overshadowered series (Lucas). Wolf is safe from all of these.
11. I like Falco and mained him in Melee. But having just him and Fox seems...wrong. They need some antithesis.
12. 4 days remain. Hope lives on.
13. 5 slots (potentially) remain. HOPE LIVES ON.
14. "PLAYTIME'S OVER STARFOX. I CAN'T LET YOU WEAR THAT! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!"
15. ???????
16. WOLF PROFIT

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
1. Fox alt isn't Wolf. Just a grey Fox.
2. If Wolf was cut, why wouldn't they at least make the Fox alt look just like Wolf, especially with the koopalings and Alph being a thing?
3. The screenshot isn't the game's final build.
4. Mario/Pit are proof that having a palette swap resemble a character doesn't equate to a loss of the character's playable chances.
5. Dark Pit no longer being a Pit costume makes sense since Dark Pit is literally just a black Pit. They would be indistinguishable. Same with other characters like Blood Falcon and Dark Link. Wolf does not have this problem.
6. If anything, this alt may be HINTING to Wolf's presence as a hidden character. It could simply be a teaser.
7. As others have said, Wolf could very well get a "Fox" palette swap as well. They're rivals. Referencing each other, like Mario and Wario's alts that resemble one another, makes sense.
8. Fox needed a couple of new costumes to fulfill the 8-per-character feature. Add a grey wolf-like one. One more costume to go.
9. Falco in, but Wolf out? Dark Pit and Doc in, but no Wolf? PLEASE.
10. Unique movesets that aren't especially resource intensive (like Shulk, Rosalina etc.) should never be cut anyway unless there's a licensing problems (Snake), an abolished feature (PT) or is an extra from a dead, relatively unknown/unplayed and overshadowered series (Lucas). Wolf is safe from all of these.
11. I like Falco and mained him in Melee. But having just him and Fox seems...wrong. They need some antithesis.
12. 4 days remain. Hope lives on.
13. 5 slots (potentially) remain. HOPE LIVES ON.
14. "PLAYTIME'S OVER STARFOX. I CAN'T LET YOU WEAR THAT! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!"
15. ???????
16. WOLF PROFIT
I think it's fairly safe to say Wolf and Lucas' chances are looking pretty good right now, seriously FE getting 4 reps and mother 1? That's just wrong and Fox having a wolf colour while wolf is cut is just a mean and unfair thing for sakurai to do.

R.I.P Ice Climbers and Snake though

Last edited:
Top Bottom