• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

mark welford

Smash Ace
Guys, calm down. It's not an alt costume, but a color scheme similar's to Wolf's. Mario has a Wario color, so I wouldn't take this as definite yet.

I will admit, It may be a bit worrying and confusing, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. Wait until confirmation; Zipzo is known to jump the gun a bit.

However, if this really is true, then that is insulting to Wolf IMO (and I'm not even a huge Wolf fan or anything). Not even deserving to be an alt costume, but just a recolor? Really? I personally don't really buy it, regardless if Wolf is gone or not.

---

Also, I would much rather Starfox having 3 characters then Kid Icarus, that's for sure. :ohwell:
amen to that if it is true this is a great injustice and spit in the face of us wolf fans and sakurai does not see it the way we see it oh I'm just gonna make a alt costume out of a character that was previously playable there nothing wrong with that that is the way he see it and assumingly this way we see it why sakurai would you do that? you can make lucina from a alt costume to a full on character yet demote wolf to alt costume it is just a big ol nasty, phlegmy, loogie to the face if wolf is really gone which I don't believe so.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Guys, calm down. It's not an alt costume, but a color scheme similar's to Wolf's. Mario has a Wario color, so I wouldn't take this as definite yet.

I will admit, It may be a bit worrying and confusing, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. Wait until confirmation; Zipzo is known to jump the gun a bit.

However, if this really is true, then that is insulting to Wolf IMO (and I'm not even a huge Wolf fan or anything). Not even deserving to be an alt costume, but just a recolor? Really? I personally don't really buy it, regardless if Wolf is gone or not.

---

Also, I would much rather Starfox having 3 characters then Kid Icarus, that's for sure. :ohwell:
amen to that if it is true this is a great injustice and spit in the face of us wolf fans and sakurai does not see it the way we see it oh I'm just gonna make a alt costume out of a character that was previously playable there is nothing wrong with that that is the way he see it and assumingly this way we see it why sakurai would you do that? you can make lucina and dark pit from a alt costume to a full on character yet demote wolf to alt costume it is just a big ol nasty, phlegmy, loogie to the face if wolf is really gone which I don't believe so.

sorry double post mods my bad.

Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Pretty sure you all are getting pissed over nothing.
It sounds like His Brawl Dark alt
"It's the only one that changes his skin to darker and his clothes become grey"

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Pretty sure you all are getting pissed over nothing.
It sounds like His Brawl Dark alt
"It's the only one that changes his skin to darker and his clothes become grey"
But didn't the person playing the demo say that his fur was gray? As in Wolf's gray? Or am I mistaken?

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Says his fur turns grey
Could be a different Color we haven't seen
Nothing about the rest of his outfit fits with any Wolf Model though. He he said it's just a greyer skin. Not actually Wolf. It's a pallette swap. Not a costume change

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Says his fur turns grey
Could be a different Color we haven't seen
Nothing about the rest of his outfit fits with any Wolf Model though. He he said it's just a greyer skin. Not actually Wolf. It's a pallette swap. Not a costume change
I could've misinterpreted the message, I guess.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
All I'm saying is I'd hop off my Ih8sakuraiandwanthimtodie train.
Still a chance for DLC
As I said some time ago, even if Wolf doesn't get in, I'm not going to hold anything against Sakurai. It might sting a bit, but I'll get over it soon enough, even if he is my most wanted veteran... Still gonna get the game, though.

kylexv

Smash Master
Just because Fox has a Wolf color doesn't mean he's completely out of the question.

Kirby has a Meta Knight color
Mario has a Wario color
Rosalina has a Peach-like color

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Just because Fox has a Wolf color doesn't mean he's completely out of the question.

Kirby has a Meta Knight color
Mario has a Wario color
Rosalina has a Peach-like color
Peach has a Daisy recolor. She can still be playable.
Link has a Dark Link color, Dark Link can still be playable.
Pit doesn't have a Dark Pit recolor, he can still be playable.
See the problem with the argument? The only thing that will convince me is if I see screenshots of the recolor, that way we can confirm if it really is that gray or if it's Fox's previous black recolor.

D

Deleted member 245254

Ok.

I am not color blind, I know the difference between gray and dark brown.

It is NOT the dark fox from Brawl because that one is ALSO in the game WITH the new wolf one. I saw both. I played fox in Brawl a lot, so I know what his skins are.

I know who wolf is. I know the starfox franchise. I've played brawl as much as anyone. This isn't some trick of the eyes.

We have never seen this skin before. Ever, and it seems obvious it was meant to portray wolf. I cross referenced this with everyone around me, it was unanimously agreed it was meant to look like wolf.

It changes his fur to light gray. Literally. Mario may have a wario costume but I don't know many instances where characters SKIN changes to mimic other characters.

I'm not going to say wolf is deconfirmed anymore but do please give me the benefit of the doubt that I and maybe the 6 others around me at the time know how to properly identify the color gray.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Ok.

It is NOT the dark fox from Brawl because that one is ALSO in the game WITH the new wolf one. I saw both. I played fox in Brawl a lot, so I know what his skins are.

I know wolf is. I know the starfox franchise. This isn't some trick of the eyes.

We have never seen this skin before. Ever, and it seems obvious it was meant to portray wolf. I cross referenced this with everyone around me, it was unanimously agreed it was meant to look like wolf.

It changes his fur to light gray. Literally. Mario may have a wario costume but I don't know many instances where characters SKIN changes to mimic other characters.

I'm not going to say wolf is deconfirmed anymore but do please give me the benefit of the doubt that I and maybe the 6 others around me at the time know how to properly identify the color gray.
might i say thank you for all the info of the demo i really wish i could play this

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ok.

I know who wolf is. I know the starfox franchise. I've played brawl as much as anyone. This isn't some trick of the eyes.

Um fox is an animal, obviously his fur would change, he already has an alt with different fur. Also what did his clothes look like, Maybe it's peppy? It's a stretch but still

Also all characters are getting are getting 8 alts now and they need to do something, pulling and mario and wario makes sense imo

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
so gloomy here and lucas thread -.-

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Ok.

@Zipzo I wasn't trying to question your abilities. Just wanted to come up with an explanation. But if it's a brand new skin you cant blame us for straw grasping :)
thanks for clarifying for us

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I know this seems like a time for big Wolf fans to outrage, BUT please keep in mind:

Mario has a Wario color palette, yet Wario is still playable.

"Why does Fox all of a sudden get a Wolf palette now, when he never had one before?"

This game has 8 color palettes/costumes, as previous installments only had 6. Fox with Wolf's colors seems like a reasonable idea for one of his new color swaps, perhaps Wolf is in and has a color palette resembling Fox?

But if Wolf really is gone, then he will definitely be one of the first priorities for DLC.

No crying till the end my friends, please stay strong. <3

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I know this seems like a time for big Wolf fans to outrage, BUT please keep in mind:

Mario has a Wario color palette, yet Wario is still playable.

"Why does Fox all of a sudden get a Wolf palette now, when he never had one before?"

This game has 8 color palettes/costumes, as previous installments only had 6. Fox with Wolf's colors seems like a reasonable idea for one of his new color swaps, perhaps Wolf is in and has a color palette resembling Fox?

But if Wolf really is gone, then he will definitely be one of the first priorities for DLC.

No crying till the end my friends, please stay strong. <3
You have a point, there. In SSBB, Wolf's green palette swap had brown fur, similar to Fox's fur. I don't know if that was truly meant to resemble Fox, what do you think?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah I wouldn't say that a pallette rules Wolf out at all. It's not as if it's a Wolf costume, it's still Fox.

I'm keeping everything crossed for Wolf's eventual return. I can't imagine that by the time DLC is done he won't be in, Sakurai wanted to include him since Melee.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah I wouldn't say that a pallette rules Wolf out at all. It's not as if it's a Wolf costume, it's still Fox.

I'm keeping everything crossed for Wolf's eventual return. I can't imagine that by the time DLC is done he won't be in, Sakurai wanted to include him since Melee.
Let's just hope he still feels that way.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'm going to be super angry if Fire Emblem gets 4, Kid Icarus gets 3 and Star Fox goes DOWN. And that's on top of all the other junk those two series' got.
I feel thats whats gonna happen man, sakurai screwed us. He can only make it up if Wolf is in the Wii u version or is dlc or something but I wouldnt count on it, I think Sakurai has forgotten us.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I feel thats whats gonna happen man, sakurai screwed us. He can only make it up if Wolf is in the Wii u version or is dlc or something but I wouldnt count on it, I think Sakurai has forgotten us.
Like I said before, assuming Wolf isn't here, Sakurai may tell us why sometime down the road.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Like I said before, assuming Wolf isn't here, Sakurai may tell us why sometime down the road.
I feel it would be along the lines of fox looks too much like wolf and people were complaining about how star fox had too many reps and how they had 3 clones when they really didnt. Its impossible to explain away with out just saying we didnt want to put him in especially if wolf isnt DLC.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, my biggest regret of the Wolf inspired palette is that it does not change his name to "Wolf." Other than that, I am content with this.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Pretty typical that I'd get my most wanted newcomer in the Duck Hunt Dog, who was a ridiculous long shot I thought, and yet my favorite vet who I thought had no chance of being cut has gone.

Sakurai, why you asshole.

Top Bottom