• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Maybe, I feel wolf will just be doomed to a pit of cuts since star fox doesnt have the numbers that pokemon aka mewtwo can pull. We may really have to fight for this one..
Well, IF Wolf is cut it will sting a bit, I'm sure, but I'll still be enjoying the game. And who knows? Maybe Sakurai WILL consider DLC.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Doc and Mario are not only the exact same character, but they also share pretty much the EXACT moves minus Standard and Down B specials along with one of the down air moves. Three moves comparing to a whole new moveset. Doc should've been just another alt attire for Mario and save us a spot for someone who deserves it more like Roy
Maybe you're not looking close enough. His higher air speed allows for more combos, he has more power in his moves, fsmahs has no varied hitboxes, nair and fair have very different effects, and other things. They may seem the same to you, but ask and Doc main and they will tell you they play nothing alike. There's a reason Doc is ranked number 9 while Mario is number 14.

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Why so much negativity? There is room for 5 more characters on the CSS, and given the number of less unique and less important clones I can't see why Wolf wouldn't be in that 5. The All Star lock confirms at least 1 more, supported by the odd location of certain characters. Wolf should have priority over all vets bar Mewtwo and the Ice Climbers, easily putting him in that 5 (unless there are 4 more newcomers in addition to the leak, which seems unlikely). He was also the last to be unlocked in Brawl, explaining why he isn't unlocked here. (along with a certain other last to be unlocked character:mewtwomelee:). I would be surprised if Wolf was cut.

"Whats the matter, scared?" - :wolf:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Why so much negativity? There is room for 5 more characters on the CSS, and given the number of less unique and less important clones I can't see why Wolf wouldn't be in that 5. The All Star lock confirms at least 1 more, supported by the odd location of certain characters. Wolf should have priority over all vets bar Mewtwo and the Ice Climbers, easily putting him in that 5 (unless there are 4 more newcomers in addition to the leak, which seems unlikely). He was also the last to be unlocked in Brawl, explaining why he isn't unlocked here. (along with a certain other last to be unlocked character:mewtwomelee:). I would be surprised if Wolf was cut.

Well, it's not so much negativity as it is pondering possible outcomes. Don't get me wrong, I still believe Wolf has a good chance of returning, but one just never knows.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
The leaker sayd Lucas,Wolf,Ice Climbers & Marshall are unlockables in a newest leak so... 52characters.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
The leaker sayd Lucas,Wolf,Ice Climbers & Marshall are unlockables in a newest leak so... 52characters.
you know after the whole 'i just said the dlc part to f**k with you guys' i don't care what he says until he has a video of good quality. or Nintendo shows it

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I'm going to go with above, especially since that would leave the last row one character short. Given current trends surely Sakurai would just add Daisy, or Blood Falcon, or Dark Dr. Mario to fill out the last spot.

Also source?

MagnesD3

Smash Master

There is room but technically that could easily just be the final roster and we get nothing, this is what im afraid of. So yes I am scared....

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If it's the same guy who said dlc, he also said that the last 5 would be ridley,dixie,impa,metwo, and mach rider.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I just want Wolf back. I don't see a reason to take out a character who hasn't had a game in a while especially a villian character.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I hope Wolf is not cut it really wouldn't make since to cut The Main Villain of the Star Fox Series!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I hope Wolf is not cut it really wouldn't make since to cut The Main Villain of the Star Fox Series!
Well, I don't know about Wolf being an actual villain. I think he's more of an anti-hero. He may get in the way, but he also might help out if there's something in it for him, much like Wario(who I hope is coming back as well, but that's for a different thread). But yeah, Wolf should stay.

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
Plz Wolf for smash 4

with these team final smashes (megaman, shulk) wolf has great potential for a team based final smash. Wolf, Leon, and Panther getting in wolfens and start shooting the place up

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Plz Wolf for smash 4

with these team final smashes (megaman, shulk) wolf has great potential for a team based final smash. Wolf, Leon, and Panther getting in wolfens and start shooting the place up
Or better yet, their own custom fighters from Command. Panther has his Black Rose's powerful cannon shots, Leon's Rainbow Delta has the rapid charge shot system, and Wolf's Red Fang for twin lasers and Smart Bombs.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
We may not be dead yet thanks to the Potd ^.^
Pretty sure I've been trying to say this since the beginning. I mean, I know it wasn't absolutely positive until today, but we all pretty much knew there would be at least a few more than the leak showed. That's why I'm not in a panic yet, and why those five open slots give me hope. Wolf has five more chances to make the cut, so to speak. I mean, I know his fate has already been determined, but yeah. There are five more spaces that could yield Wolf.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I honestly think Wolf is the lone exception for the vets from Brawl not on the leaked roster that might still have a chance.

Lucas and Ice Climbers were both starters in Brawl, I figure if they were made secret, then they would be unlocked before characters like Ganondorf, R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch. Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur were predicted by many to be gone for sure and that seems to be the case.

Wolf however was the last character unlocked in Brawl so there is a good chance he's a late unlock once again. I hope this is the case myself.

The only other vet with any chance is Mewtwo I'd say. It be kind of weird to bring back Dr. Mario and not Mewtwo, plus he was a late unlock in Melee too.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
If we indeed have five characters left, Wolf has a very strong chance. Even if he's not, I guarantee he will be one of the first DLC characters.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I come to the attention that the Ninka leak said Wolf was cut (along with Snake, Lucas and Ice Climbers). And it's gotten a lot of details right so far. And now today it got the alt costume thing right. There are 8 for each character like Ninka said. So Wolf might very well be gone.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I've come to accept his departure. He won't be on the 3DS roster on release day. DLC is all there is left and we need confirmation from Sakurai that it will even happen.

Shame because I would of liked to see his new colors/costumes. The eye patch would have been a nice touch and I really liked his color schemes in Brawl.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've come to accept his departure. He won't be on the 3DS roster on release day. DLC is all there is left and we need confirmation from Sakurai that it will even happen.

Shame because I would of liked to see his new colors/costumes. The eye patch would have been a nice touch and I really liked his color schemes in Brawl.
We don't have any concrete proof of his absence, don't count him out yet.

mark welford

Smash Ace
WHY ARE YOU GUYS GIVING UP!?! WHO CARES ABOUT THAT NINKA LEAK!!!! UNTIL IT COME OUT THE DEVELOPER'S MOUTH KEEP HOPE!!!! THAT ALL-STAR PICTURE GAVE ME HOPE!!!!! I MADE A PROMISE THAT I WILL NOT CUT MY NAILS UNTIL HE IS CONFIRMED AND DAMNIT IM GONNA CLIP MY NAILS!!!!!!.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Wolf I still think he is coming back, he is just too good of a character and too badass to get cut.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
We all are my friend, Wolf was my second main and it'd be a real shame too lose him. Plus bringing star fox down to 2 again is just wrong
Well, Judgment Day will soon be upon us, in which all truths will be revealed. Let's just hope that all evidence against Wolf will be shot to pieces.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
WHY ARE YOU GUYS GIVING UP!?! WHO CARES ABOUT THAT NINKA LEAK!!!! UNTIL IT COME OUT THE DEVELOPER'S MOUTH KEEP HOPE!!!! THAT ALL-STAR PICTURE GAVE ME HOPE!!!!! I MADE A PROMISE THAT I WILL NOT CUT MY NAILS UNTIL HE IS CONFIRMED AND DAMNIT IM GONNA CLIP MY NAILS!!!!!!.
Don't worry too much on the cuts part, I remember ninka said in the roster leak thread that his friend didn't see the 4 alleged cuts in the build he tested. So I guess it was an assumption. If I can find the post I'll post it.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Seriously, Wolf has like my favorite moveset in Brawl, Sakurai pls don't cut him.:sadeyes:

Top Bottom