• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Cause then we wouldn't know if the leak is true or not
Well, I don't care about the leak. I would just be happy to see Wolf as one of the playable characters. Also, I've said before that I don't outright believe leaks. Nintendo has the final word on this, so I'll wait for them.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, I don't care about the leak. I would just be happy to see Wolf as one of the playable characters. Also, I've said before that I don't outright believe leaks. Nintendo has the final word on this, so I'll wait for them.
Do you really want Doctor Mario or Dark pit, Someone one the leak roster is a bigger priority right now, we have to put this leak to rest/prove it

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
What I'm saying is that it would do nothing. We need a new character's render to see if it's fake or not.

Anyway, I guess we're going off-topic, although I guess this somewhat relates to Wolf....
OK, I'll understand that.

Thank goodness, someone who agrees! Nintendo gets the final decision, not some random person who leaked this.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Do you really want Doctor Mario or Dark pit, Someone one the leak roster is a bigger priority right now, we have to put this leak to rest/prove it
We don't have to, because that will be Nintendo's job. I still think Doc and Dark Pit will be alts of Mario and Pit, but it won't bother me much IF they are playable.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I doubt there are still characters left to be unlocked, so DLC does seem like the last resort.

Hopefully we'll get a DLC that includes the veterans that couldn't make it. I don't want Star Fox to lose a rep for good, especially not someone as great as Wolf O'Donnell.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Welp you guys better get ready to campaign for that Dlc, the leak was probably all the characters were getting...
the person said the leak dident have all the characters unlocked

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
An actual video is one thing, but a still image is another. We will know in time what's real and what's fake.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I was honestly prepared for Wolf to be cut, because of the similarities to Fox. But now that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit got in the roster anyway. What justice does removing Wolf do now? He is waaay more unique than the newly added clones. Heck, Wolf is barely a clone of Fox. (His Final Smash had no excuse though) Now the StarFox franchise is down to only 2 reps again, this is just absurd. Especially since StarFox is making a comeback on the Wii U next year.

Bye bye, unique moveset. Hello, exactly same moveset as Pit.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I was honestly prepared for Wolf to be cut, because of the similarities to Fox. But now that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit got in the roster anyway. What justice does removing Wolf do now? He is waaay more unique than the newly added clones. Heck, Wolf is barely a clone of Fox. (His Final Smash had no excuse though) Now the StarFox franchise is down to only 2 reps again, this is just absurd. Especially since StarFox is making a comeback on the Wii U next year.
we don't know just yet that leaker said that was not the full roster so hold on to hope.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Dark Pit is SUPPOSED to look like regular Pit, but has a different moveset in general. A staff is far different from the two separating blades Pit has brah. Now Dr. Mario... you got me. Wolf is not a clone, not really even similar. Has enough changes to avoid to be called a clone in the first place. Please reconsider the term "clone".

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I just dont understand the seeming replacement of unique characters for clones. Why scrap Wolf, IC, and Lucas for Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I just dont understand the seeming replacement of unique characters for clones. Why scrap Wolf, IC, and Lucas for Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina?
No ones getting replaced. Either Sakurai did not care enough about Wolf or he ran out of time.

The three clones are being added because they had a small amount of time left, but not enough for a full characters. The clones are quick and easy way to beef up the roster.

mark welford

Smash Ace
what honestly gives me hope that he is in is the fact that it is said that is not the full roster and the AS mode is locked.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
That and DLC are our best bets. I really dont wanna have to work for wolfs inclusion... I just want sakurai to give him to me lol
I say what I mean if wolf is not in the game I will completely be done with smash! you would see no more of me! I know I will be criticized for this statement but nobody can stop me because I am my own guy so less than 2 weeks to go we will see if I shall leave or stay in this community.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I say what I mean if wolf is not in the game I will completely be done with smash! you would see no more of me! I know I will be criticized for this statement but nobody can stop me because I am my own guy so less than 2 weeks to go we will see if I shall leave or stay in this community.
I understand but I would hope you would help the dlc campaign because I need wolf in smash 4 bad :urg:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I will help actually we should start a twitter campaign on sakurai's and have him in game instead of DLC.
Yes on page 16 of this thread I have my wolf campaign detailed if he is deconfirmed, I already have the petition going and when the time comes twitter messages, videos, emails, as much communication as possible will be needed to get nintendo/sakurais attention so they know we will pay for wolf to be reinstated where he belongs.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Yes on page 16 of this thread I have my wolf campaign detailed if he is deconfirmed, I already have the petition going and when the time comes twitter messages, videos, emails, as much communication as possible will be needed to get nintendo/sakurais attention so they know we will pay for wolf to be reinstated where he belongs.
I am ready to flood NoA's And Sakurai's twitter if he is not in if we are going to do this we have reach as far as we can to others are you ready for a huge task like that if worst comes to worst but in the end the payoff will be worth it if he is indeed cut.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

Have you already forgotten about this picture? It was on the last page. I don't think that Sakurai would cut Wolf when he has Namco Bandai Studios helping him. Sure, if this was an individual assignment, then maybe, but no it's not. I don't want hear no more talk of DLC UNTIL IT'S CONFIRMED WOLF ISN'T IN THE GAME ie until the Japanese get the game and then unlocks AS mode.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
We can't know that for sure and luck has never been on my side so we probably only have jr DHD and the dumb clones left
there is a pic of all star mode being locked

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
they might scrap IC because they were haveing problems with them working

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Have you already forgotten about this picture? It was on the last page. I don't think that Sakurai would cut Wolf when he has Namco Bandai Studios helping him. Sure, if this was an individual assignment, then maybe, but no it's not. I don't want hear no more talk of DLC UNTIL IT'S CONFIRMED WOLF ISN'T IN THE GAME ie until the Japanese get the game and then unlocks AS mode.
I havnt forgotten this little diddy, still praying for this little miracle to be real..

D

Deleted member

Dang. I really hope that Wolf is unlockable. This is the only cut from the leak that I don't want to happen...
I'll miss Wolf if he does get cut. I love his moveset.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Doc has several differences and many loyal fans.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Doc and Mario are not only the exact same character, but they also share pretty much the EXACT moves minus Standard and Down B specials along with one of the down air moves. Three moves comparing to a whole new moveset. Doc should've been just another alt attire for Mario and save us a spot for someone who deserves it more like Roy

Still holding hope for Wolf. Hopefully his Final Smash will be different. Major disappointment if we get Landmaster again for him

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
there is a pic of all star mode being locked
I find this strange. In the previous games that had All-Star mode, it wasn't even in the menus until you actually had all of the characters unlocked. Now I don't know if Sakurai actually DID change this or not, but I felt it was something worth noting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf needs to happen, because that KO screen leak needs to be real. And also, Wolf is pretty cool. He wouldn't allow Sakurai to cut him.

'Can't let you do that, Star-Troll.' :wolf:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I wish I could shake this feeling we wont be getting wolf, god is it dreadful.

This leak is awesome and awful at the same time. Becuz its missing wolf, and it just feels like something that would happen, I can feel wolf slipping away..

http://archive.moe/v/thread/260590895/#260590895
Dude, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel as if other unconfirmed veterans are most certainly gonna be playable, but the only character that won't be there is Wolf. ...Why do premonitions have to be such a jerk?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This wouldnt have even been a problem if he had gotten in over falco in melee like he was supposed to, sigh...
Expect the worst, hope for the best, that's all we can do now. Sakurai won't outright cut Wolf without some deep thought on the matter.

Top Bottom