• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Sucks if true. Guess i'll have to keep Project M around for the Wolf fix. Really hope worst case scenario is he is later DLC.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK guys, here's the deal. I've seen the leak, and so has the rest of the Smash community. I'm going to the threads of the supposed cut veterans that I don't think will be cut. Now, this may be my only post on this thread, so just read on.

So, Wolf has been cut due to this leak, eh? Ya. Right. To me, even the videos prove absolutely nothing. Until I know who is leaking this stuff, I don't believe a single THING from the leaker. I'm sorry to say this, but Wolf was not one of my mains. But I honestly think he's going to be back. He's the main villain of the Star Fox series, and villains are something that Smash SERIOUSLY lacks. Also, who in their right mind would BELIEVE the fact that the ICies are cut? Unless I know this was leaked by Nintendo, I don't believe this at all.

To me, Wolf wasn't even a Fox clone. Ya, sure, he has the same special moves. But they are unique enough to lend Wolf a moveset all his own. Let's take a look, shall we?

Special: Blaster. Why is this move unique? Well, for one, it moves much slower, and two, it has a hitbox on the end of the gun. Enough said.
Side Special: Wolf Flash. Why is this move unique? It moves diagonally instead of straight forward, and it has a meteor smash at the end. Moving on.
Up Special: Fire Wolf. Why is this move unique? Is there a kick at the end of Fox and/or Falco's up special? No, I didn't think so.
Down Special: Reflector. Why is this move unique? Not only does it protect against projectiles, but if you try to get through it with an attack, Wolf counterattacks, something not implemented in Fox or Falco's moveset.

To add to that, his Smash Attacks, dash attack, and aerials aren't nearly the same either. Therefore, I believe Wolf is NOT a clone, and is therefore welcome to come back into the roster. I also will state again, do not worry about ANY of the information in this leak until we know who is leaking it and/or we get another character reveal. The character art will also either confirm or debunk the leak. With that said, I'm signing out. Here's hoping Wolf makes it back in!

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Welp.

We tried guys, and I am in no way happy that my two favourite Nintendo series in Smash bros (Mother and Sta Fox) suffered cuts if the leak is true.

In no way happy.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Welp.

We tried guys, and I am in no way happy that my two favourite Nintendo series in Smash bros (Mother and Sta Fox) suffered cuts if the leak is true.

In no way happy.
I'm sure Wolf is coming back, as is Lucas and Ness. No worries mate.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I still believe that Wolf is in the game, but has yet been unlocked.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
OK guys, here's the deal. I've seen the leak, and so has the rest of the Smash community. I'm going to the threads of the supposed cut veterans that I don't think will be cut. Now, this may be my only post on this thread, so just read on.

So, Wolf has been cut due to this leak, eh? Ya. Right. To me, even the videos prove absolutely nothing. Until I know who is leaking this stuff, I don't believe a single THING from the leaker. I'm sorry to say this, but Wolf was not one of my mains. But I honestly think he's going to be back. He's the main villain of the Star Fox series, and villains are something that Smash SERIOUSLY lacks. Also, who in their right mind would BELIEVE the fact that the ICies are cut? Unless I know this was leaked by Nintendo, I don't believe this at all.

To me, Wolf wasn't even a Fox clone. Ya, sure, he has the same special moves. But they are unique enough to lend Wolf a moveset all his own. Let's take a look, shall we?

Special: Blaster. Why is this move unique? Well, for one, it moves much slower, and two, it has a hitbox on the end of the gun. Enough said.
Side Special: Wolf Flash. Why is this move unique? It moves diagonally instead of straight forward, and it has a meteor smash at the end. Moving on.
Up Special: Fire Wolf. Why is this move unique? Is there a kick at the end of Fox and/or Falco's up special? No, I didn't think so.
Down Special: Reflector. Why is this move unique? Not only does it protect against projectiles, but if you try to get through it with an attack, Wolf counterattacks, something not implemented in Fox or Falco's moveset.

To add to that, his Smash Attacks, dash attack, and aerials aren't nearly the same either. Therefore, I believe Wolf is NOT a clone, and is therefore welcome to come back into the roster. I also will state again, do not worry about ANY of the information in this leak until we know who is leaking it and/or we get another character reveal. The character art will also either confirm or debunk the leak. With that said, I'm signing out. Here's hoping Wolf makes it back in!
I couldn't have said it better myself. Wolf is completely unique compared to the other two. Also, I REFUSE to believe anything that isn't explicitly confirmed by Nintendo.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This leak has slapped me with three worries/disappointments:

1. Captain Falcondorf.
2. Waste-of-space characters Doc and Dark Pit.
3. Most importantly, a dangerous lack of Wolf.

I'll forgive 1 if he has a few more distinct traits, like new specials.
I'll forgive 2 if I still get more interesting characters.
I'll NEVER forgive 3 if Wolf is out.

What a slap in the face if I get Dark Pit instead of Wolf. Lucina, I'm ok with. But Dark Pit is unforgivable.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
This leak has slapped me with three worries/disappointments:

1. Captain Falcondorf.
2. Waste-of-space characters Doc and Dark Pit.
3. Most importantly, a dangerous lack of Wolf.

I'll forgive 1 if he has a few more distinct traits, like new specials.
I'll forgive 2 if I still get more interesting characters.
I'll NEVER forgive 3 if Wolf is out.

What a slap in the face if I get Dark Pit instead of Wolf. Lucina, I'm ok with. But Dark Pit is unforgivable.
We will probably have to fight for wolf's inclusion as DLC.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I could understand Wolf being one of the unlucky cuts for many new highly-requested substantial characters like Mewtwo, K Rool, Ridley. But for him to be out over clones like Doc, and Dark Pit... my want for the game just plummeted substantially. I dont understand why the clones, including Lucina cant be skins of Mario, Pit, Marth, etc. Dont get me wrong I will still heavily enjoy SSB4, just him being out sucks. Hope for DLC at least.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys the leak is real, we will have to fight for Wolf to be Dlc, I hope you guys are getting ready...
You guys can't just buy into this leak yet. We still don't know who's giving this info. out. Why are you just buying into this with no actual details? All we have is a supposed leaked roster and some videos. Do the videos look real? Yes. Can people fake videos with a ton of time? Yes. And so what if Nintendo took down the videos? Anyone ever stop to think that they don't want supposed leaks? Maybe they just don't want any information concerning the game to come out, real or fake. Did that pop into anybody's head at all?

Wolf is still eligible to come back. We can't just be gravitated towards leaks and such that LOOK real. LOOKING real and BEING real are two completely different things.

So can everyone just shut up and move on with their lives? What happened to everyone on this thread? You guys are the people who main Wolf, right? You guys are the best supporters of Wolf right? Keep fighting for Wolf to be playable in the final roster, whether he's in the final roster, or whether he's DLC or not. Until we know who's to credit for this leak, NOTHING is true.

End. Of. Story.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
You guys can't just buy into this leak yet. We still don't know who's giving this info. out. Why are you just buying into this with no actual details? All we have is a supposed leaked roster and some videos. Do the videos look real? Yes. Can people fake videos with a ton of time? Yes. And so what if Nintendo took down the videos? Anyone ever stop to think that they don't want supposed leaks? Maybe they just don't want any information concerning the game to come out, real or fake. Did that pop into anybody's head at all?

Wolf is still eligible to come back. We can't just be gravitated towards leaks and such that LOOK real. LOOKING real and BEING real are two completely different things.

So can everyone just shut up and move on with their lives? What happened to everyone on this thread? You guys are the people who main Wolf, right? You guys are the best supporters of Wolf right? Keep fighting for Wolf to be playable in the final roster, whether he's in the final roster, or whether he's DLC or not. Until we know who's to credit for this leak, NOTHING is true.

End. Of. Story.
We are fighting for Wolf and not everyone quite believes these leaks 100%, but with a fair amount of evidence going against Wolf...
Anyway, I don't even think that Wolf was even cut from the roster as I'm pretty sure the ESRB employee got like a mid build of the game as the E3 Wii U version was about the 3rd month build and the 3DS was like the 6th month build. Maybe the ESRB got the 1st year build or the 9th month build.

If someone were to have created this leak out of pure imagination, they must spend too much time on trying to fool people. Also, wouldn't the quality of video have been better? I mean if this was an "official" leak, I expect poor quality vids and pics because they're not supposed to given to the public yet.

Rhus

We're going top speed!

End. Of. Story.
Star Fox is one of my favourite Nintendo series alongside the Mother series. I mained Ness and Fox, and had secondaries in Wolf and Lucas.

It's not that I've given up, or that I have just succumbed to the leak being the full roster (In fact, the organization of the CSS leads me to believe it is not the full roster at all). I truly want Mr. O'Donnell and Lucas in the game, and I will continue to chat here and support his inclusion. And let's be honest; two of my favourite franchises have been strongly rumoured to both have cuts in Lucas and Wolf. That bloody sucks.

I don't think anyone here has given up all hope. We are just a little sad that some of our favourite characters may be indeed cut. The leaks look pretty legit, and NoA taking them down does support their legitimacy, but we have to hold out hope that the remaining characters have not been unlocked and one of them is Wolf.

After all, we can't let you do that, Sakurai.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Star Fox is one of my favourite Nintendo series alongside the Mother series. I mained Ness and Fox, and had secondaries in Wolf and Lucas.

It's not that I've given up, or that I have just succumbed to the leak being the full roster (In fact, the organization of the CSS leads me to believe it is not the full roster at all). I truly want Mr. O'Donnell and Lucas in the game, and I will continue to chat here and support his inclusion. And let's be honest; two of my favourite franchises have been strongly rumoured to both have cuts in Lucas and Wolf. That bloody sucks.

I don't think anyone here has given up all hope. We are just a little sad that some of our favourite characters may be indeed cut. The leaks look pretty legit, and NoA taking them down does support their legitimacy, but we have to hold out hope that the remaining characters have not been unlocked and one of them is Wolf.

After all, we can't let you do that, Sakurai.
Can't let you do that sakurai !!! Wolf flies in as DLC!!!

mark welford

Smash Ace
guys do not succumb to this leak there is absolutely no credibility behind this leak that video could very well be a very well made hack of sorts

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys, go over to the Ice Climbers thread. Something interesting has popped up there regarding Wolf and some others in the cast.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
As you all know a recent leak of what very well may be the final roster has came out the last couple of weeks and one of the characters who are supposedly cut is none other than Wolf O Donnel from the Star Fox series. Wolf to the star fox series is the star fox teams main rival and adversary, he is the leader of star wolf who oppose them.

Wolf was meant to be included in melee but wasnt due to him looking too similar to fox and Sakurai was afraid people would get confused hence falco was added, fortunately he was included in Super Smash Bros Brawl as an unlockable character to make up for that.

Now it would seem that Wolf is being removed and that is devastating to most star fox fans, so I ask all Wolf fans, Starfox fans, or Smash bros. fans in general to help those who are certainly about to lose a beloved character. I ask those of you who will to sign this petition (https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...t-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds#share) and help by sending out the word out to other websites/friends/fanbases/wherever, tweeting nintendo and sakurai (using the #Wolf4Smash along with requesting for wolf) and emailing Nintendo and Sakurai about the issue to help get Wolf back where he belongs.

First and foremost I will need to make a list of those on here who would be willing to help me when the time comes, I will write the names of all who will help right here:
MagnesD3

NOTE: That all users who sign this petition are agreeing that they would indeed purchase the DLC.

BIGGER NOTE: We will not begin this crusade until we know without a doubt that Wolf is in fact not playable in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS meaning we are waiting until the 3DS Japanese release before we begin

Just inform me and I will add you to the list of crusaders.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Ummm, I'm I guess new to the wolfboards n stuff. All I can say is, why would they even cut Wolf. Wasn't he even supposed to be in Melee? If Sakurai cut him he would pretty much go against things he's already tried to do/done. I am not worried at all that he'll be in. I don't think a petition or "crusade" is really necessary either. @_@

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Ummm, I'm I guess new to the wolfboards n stuff. All I can say is, why would they even cut Wolf. Wasn't he even supposed to be in Melee? If Sakurai cut him he would pretty much go against things he's already tried to do/done. I am not worried at all that he'll be in. I don't think a petition or "crusade" is really necessary either. @_@
I hope your right but he is currently not on the 100% confirmed leaked roster and most are assuming he is gone along with Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Snake, now it is possible there is more to the roster than what was leaked although unlikely.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee...

And the Ice Climbers were apparently some of Sakurai's favorite characters...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
As you all know a recent leak of what very well may be the final roster has came out the last couple of weeks and one of the characters who are supposedly cut is none other than Wolf O Donnel from the Star Fox series. Wolf to the star fox series is the star fox teams main rival and adversary, he is the leader of star wolf who oppose them.

Wolf was meant to be included in melee but wasnt due to him looking too similar to fox and Sakurai was afraid people would get confused hence falco was added, fortunately he was included in Super Smash Bros Brawl as an unlockable character to make up for that.

Now it would seem that Wolf is being removed and that is devastating to most star fox fans, so I ask all Wolf fans, Starfox fans, or Smash bros. fans in general to help those who are certainly about to lose a beloved character. I ask those of you who will to sign this petition (https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...t-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds#share) and help by sending out the word out to other websites/friends/fanbases/wherever, tweeting nintendo and sakurai (using the #Wolf4Smash along with requesting for wolf) and emailing Nintendo and Sakurai about the issue to help get Wolf back where he belongs.

First and foremost I will need to make a list of those on here who would be willing to help me when the time comes, I will write the names of all who will help right here:
MagnesD3

NOTE: That all users who sign this petition are agreeing that they would indeed purchase the DLC.

BIGGER NOTE: We will not begin this crusade until we know without a doubt that Wolf is in fact not playable in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS meaning we are waiting until the 3DS Japanese release before we begin
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if Wolf isn't in, he's not in. Sakurai stated he had the full roster in his mind a few years back. If Wolf isn't in the final roster, he's either DLC or nothing.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
When did I ever say there wouldn't be DLC? Though I don't think there will be unless there are MAJOR cuts, I never said there was never going to be. Where'd you get that idea brainiac? Also am I one of the people making Smash 4? No, so you can take my opinion, like everyone else's, with a grain of salt, if you please.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It looks like we're getting a good amount of Mario Kart DLC, so I feel Smash DLC is probably coming at some point. I do think we'll get Wolf, even if we have to wait 6-12 months.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As you can see from my avatar, I am pretty much a Mewtwo guy. However, Wolf was my favorite Star Fox character in Brawl, and I would be really sad to see him go. I recently took some time to consider all that's going on, and I made a post in the Mewtwo thread I'd like to share with you all. Because, like many of you, just yesterday I had all but resigned myself to Mewtwo being cut when some users thankfully helped me see my folly: I had believed text-only leaks.

I would urge you all to disregard text-only leaks at this time, and to only accept visual confirmation of Wolf's inclusion or exclusion.

Valid statement, but is this your madness mantra?
No. On the contrary. In the face of prime leak time madness, this is a call to sanity. The game is likely nearly done and nearing print/gold status. Legit leaks will begin to take place in greater frequency as more time goes by. We can afford to be choosy and disregard the unsubstantiated text-only leaks of the past, especially since we know so much about the game already. More fake leaks will crop up now, close to the finish, than ever before. Trolls and clickbait-mongers want to capitalize on the feeding frenzy. Guard yourself.

Well Gematsu was a text only leak and everyone was buying it.
Gematsu was mostly correct, however, it came months before release! That's a lot different than today, when we are mere weeks away from people owning physical copies. Back then we took whatever we could get, since visual leaks at that stage of a mainline AAA Nintendo title are all but unheard of. But, the closer to release we get, the more proof we should expect!

And just as a general aside: 4chan is known to be full of liars and con men. Don't believe anythong from 4chan that doesn't have substantial visual proof, like the recent legit leaks. Neogaf, too, should be scrutinized quite heavily, as they have a terrible track record regarding Nintendo (much of the staff there is anti-Nintendo) and they are not known for being reliable for Nintendo leaks. I would sooner trust a random guy on GameFAQs than a Neogaf poster. Regardless...

Please disregard all baseless "leaks." Demand proof. Now that we've seen actual game content we must hold to that same standard.

TL;DR: All-Star mode was locked in the one legit leak we got with visual proof. The roster was not complete! Do not give up! Not only is there a chance that Wolf could be in the game proper, but the leaker who was so confident to espouse the exclusion of Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas and others was liky pulling that straight out of his arse. The leaker just had access to a video of gameplay footage meant for the ESRB. He doesn't have the game. He doesn't know everything. It might yet be true that Wolf is cut, but don't give up hope yet.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
See, @ Aninymouse Aninymouse , I have no issue with quoting from other threads, but at least give some context, man :|
The way you quoted me just now makes no sense :p

That and you had be baffled because I hadn't posted in this thread once.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I apologize for any confussion. I already had a sizable post going, and wasn't keen on copying and merging multiple posts, so I just wrote an intro and copy-pasted. I thought the train of thought flowed much the same, however.

When you post from an old blackberry as I do, you are quite limited on what you are capable of doing with your posts. Sometimes copy-paste refuses to function; sometimes I have to write my posts in notepad ahead of time; I have no emoticon menu or rich text editor; Smashboards lags my phone and often the browser will crash; I have no spell check; and so on. So please, forgive me if my methods of posting are sometimes crude and unrefined ;)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is good to see Wolf supporters who have not given up. Continue to fight the good fight my comrades.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, really. This is the Wolf support thread. Everyone on here should still be going strong about Wolf's guaranteed return. I don't even main the guy, and I'm rooting for him to come back. I mean, nobody on here should be giving up hope just yet. Wolf could still make it into the final roster. The leak hasn't even been confirmed or debunked yet. Until then, Wolf's chances are still high as ever!

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
I don't give up, Wolf was the last character unlockable in Brawl, he can be the same in Smash 4.

And for the leak, I have made a lot of researchs and even start being literally crazy at some points, but I think the leak is either a hoax from Nintendo / The Smash Team / Sakurai or that the leak was modify. Cause certains part of the leak has been confirmed with the PotD, but we don't get any confirmation for the character roster. We get a lot of different sources, and maybe some of them have been sabotaged like with MasterLinkXX.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I don't give up, Wolf was the last character unlockable in Brawl, he can be the same in Smash 4.

And for the leak, I have made a lot of researchs and even start being literally crazy at some points, but I think the leak is either a hoax from Nintendo / The Smash Team / Sakurai or that the leak was modify. Cause certains part of the leak has been confirmed with the PotD, but we don't get any confirmation for the character roster. We get a lot of different sources, and maybe some of them have been sabotaged like with MasterLinkXX.
I thought of the same possibility, but I will be lying if I said I believe it's true. That being said, care to explain why?
I would like there being more reasons to hope,Wolf cut is too unbelievable...

Top Bottom