• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
OK, so lets gather up all the Wolf stuff, this includes current state in smash 4, leaks, reasons for his inclusion, and polls. Also here's a cool idea someone in the Bandanna Dee thread had about getting in more votes for the ballot,
So, the IP Address on the IPhone is constantly changing, I take it?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
It'd be kind of fun to see Wolf as an enticing entry to the ballot, while the wait happens for whatever new character(s) we may see in the distant future.

I mean, no one expected Lucas in terms of knowing prior, Sakurai just released the trailer of him, and BAM!, hype.

Morbi

Scavenger
It'd be kind of fun to see Wolf as an enticing entry to the ballot, while the wait happens for whatever new character(s) we may see in the distant future.

I mean, no one expected Lucas in terms of knowing prior, Sakurai just released the trailer of him, and BAM!, hype.
It would be the corniest thing since Snake's "kept you waiting." But I really hope that Wolf is the last DLC character, but he is not marketed as the last character. Instead, Sakurai would appear in a direct and state that whichever (at the current time) unannounced character was unfortunately the last and that he and his team had a great time developing the game; however, it is time to move on to other projects and that he hopes we enjoyed all of the additional downloadable content. The Direct fades to black, coming to a close. "Can't let you do that!"

I probably could have typed that up a little bit more suspenseful, but I believe that each and every Wolf fan can imagine how it would feel regardless.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I'm not sure if Wolf is the kind of guy that will be all like-

"CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, SAK-U-RAI...!" and cue trailer with gameplay, but it'd be not that far off to see him as a side-dish like Lucas was when we saw the trailer of Mewtwo in a direct.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Through looking at this video:
I've noticed Fox does an expression here rather... similar to the one Wolf does while getting hit at Brawl.

fox-2.png
fox-1.png

If you don't know what I mean:
hqdefault.jpg

Fox could easily be a Wolf model placeholder once again. If Sakurai never released Wolf, he sure wasted one big opportunity, disappointing fans for unknown reasons such as not working on him. :grrr::evil:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Through looking at this video:
I've noticed Fox does an expression here rather... similar to the one Wolf does while getting hit at Brawl.

View attachment 74464 View attachment 74463

If you don't know what I mean:
View attachment 74466

Fox could easily be a Wolf model placeholder once again. If Sakurai never released Wolf, he sure wasted one big opportunity, disappointing fans for unknown reasons such as not working on him. :grrr::evil:
Well to be fair Wolf has quite a portion of unique animations so it's not *that* easy just to use Fox's model and call it a day... I think

----
And for those "stretch" thing, I suppose I'm messing up expressions as always (sry 4 bed enlish im chinez), but what I meant is, while that may somehow "make sense"... it only really is if it actually happens. I mean, it's not really arguable whether this will happen or not, it's another hypothetic case like "K Rool costume is just Sakurai trying to pull a MetaKnight troll/Nintendo want more money" or stuff. It's just not that likely as you think...

again i have no offense to K Rool fans or whatsoever i just really don't like such attitude of being hopeful out of random fan-theories anymore

I don't mean to ruin fun or what, but yeah... it bothers me... :/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well we got only a week away until the end of the ballot. It's only a matter of time until the ballot character will be revealed.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Let's vote everyone for Wolf once again, at least 1 vote each person during the final week and/or day.
Well, this actually reminds me something...

Remember when the news past at June 14 and days later PushDustIn (then Etika) made a blog about Pre-ballot ending, Wolf being not likely anymore and stuff? That time most actually said "we had to really start voting again in the ballot", but look what happened tehn xd

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Of course not, I wish it did. Honestly, it is a very real possibility that Wolf is not one of the characters. Everyone doubts that, but it could still be the case. You never know, Sakurai could have observed early ballot results and started developing one of those characters rather than a veteran as we assume. But there would still be one character that they started after Ryu and it is more likely than not Wolf. However, it is not confirmed, just speculation.
It was a joke, but I agree with you.

EliteXit

Smash Cadet
You guys are going to dislike me for this, but if veterans "won" the ballot, would Sakurai really consider them?
I'd be glad Wolf is back, but at the same time... I would hate it because that means no potential newcomers. It just seems wasteful to add only veterans as ballot winners. I'm still hoping Wolf is pre-ballot DLC.

I though I'd post this: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-which-wolf-is-the-best-elimination-game.418067/

It's a Wolf elimination game, made by [Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]. It isn't going to last long (due to having only three options remaining) but I though I'd post it anyway.
Star Fox Assault Wolf ftw.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'd be glad Wolf is back, but at the same time... I would hate it because that means no potential newcomers. It just seems wasteful to add only veterans as ballot winners. I'm still hoping Wolf is pre-ballot DLC.
We can have both newcomers and veterans as ballot winners, you know.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
We can have both newcomers and veterans as ballot winners, you know.
Nah, he's saying that while yes, we can have veterans ballot winners, it would be against the main point of the ballot. This is actually a plus for Wolf because Sakurai ought to know that people LOVE their veterans and as a result, it's kinda pointless to leave him for the ballot to "test" if his popularity holds true. Now that I ponder a bit more, the whole Veteran pre-ballot DLC is a good kill 2 birds with one stone deal. They can bring back Veterans so they don't waste the votes for the ballot and it can also keep us entertained.
That would be hilarious if they were like, "okay, we wanted to do Wolf, but we have to focus on the Ballot winners so just drop everything on him." they pick a card out of a hat containing the top 10 ballot winners, "well, Mr. Sakurai, what does it say?" "alright, boys, pick everything back up cause we're making WOLF"

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
A sorta odd question. For those who support multiple characters, if wolf is announced/released on the 30th would you feel like you've waisted your vote?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A sorta odd question. For those who support multiple characters, if wolf is announced/released on the 30th would you fill like you've waisted your vote?
To me, the only wasted votes are those votes for dumb jokes or delusional choices like Goku, Shrek, Reckless Wiimote guy, etc...

There's also the NPC (Waluigi, Ridley, Etc) votes which are going to be used for future reference in the next games at best. (that is debatable though)

If the character you voted was:
1.An important Nintendo character or at least a very well known 3rd Party character who has history/association with Nintendo.
2.A character that could offer a unique moveset.

Then i don't think you have wasted your vote, no matter how unlikely it is. (after all, this is a suggestion box, not a popularity contest)

Then again i voted for Wolf just in case.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
A sorta odd question. For those who support multiple characters, if wolf is announced/released on the 30th would you fill like you've waisted your vote?
I honestly haven't voted for Wolf. There's just way more other characters that aren't as supported that I wrote ballot votes for because I felt they needed it or no one else would've wrote something for them.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well, whether or not a vote is wasted really is subjective, but in my opinion, if our efforts actually paid of and we could finally get what we want, it wouldn't really be a waste of a vote... But this is as someone who primarily want Wolf over everything else.

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't really think is "wasted", the ballot is a suggestion box anyway xDU

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I didn't mean wasted like you're not going to get the character you voted for, I meant with Wolf. It's a suggestion box, but it's not like Wolf is a new character, he shouldn't need verification. Sakurai knows we love Wolf! I feel the major drive of pre-ballot DLC is to get all the veterans out of the way to make room for newcomers. Snake is the only veteran, for example, who I believe would need the ballot to push his chances.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wi-82GFdo

Gameexplain on the delay of Star Fox Zero. Aso talking about Wolf in Smash 4 and the Falco amibo (around 10:50)
Don´t know, felt like posting it here
I like how they're like "Wolf4Smash will be delayed with Star Fox" and then they say "well the Falco amiibo will still release on time" I realize they're a little different, but I find it hard to believe they'd "delay" Wolf to align with the release of the game.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Only a week or so left guys. Hopefully Wolf makes it thanks to the ballot or not. :wolf:

*Crosses fingers*

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Have to say, you guys form such a nice community.

Although for speculating and being pessimistic on some facts many of you sent me to trash not long ago. :sadeyes:
Hard times had past and now you guys even congratulate me for my birthday. :surprised: That was one of the best presents I could have now: Wolf fans that were honest to congratulate me.

I'm still glad to provide any kind of info and -smashing- fighting to get our :wolf: back.

With that being said... thank you! We're almost there to see if we won Wolf as our greatest prize. :lick:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord

Although for speculating and being pessimistic on some facts many of you sent me to trash not long ago. :sadeyes:
Hard times had past and now you guys even congratulate me for my birthday. :surprised: That was one of the best presents I could have now: Wolf fans that were honest to congratulate me.

I'm still glad to provide any kind info and -smashing- fighting to get our :wolf: back.

With that said thank you. We're almost there to see if we won Wolf as our greatest prize. :lick:
Ummm I suppose everyone does that, regardless of thread... (And yeah, we had so many birthdays and congratulations since long, so :/)

But yeah///

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!
Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A sorta odd question. For those who support multiple characters, if wolf is announced/released on the 30th would you feel like you've waisted your vote?
An interesting question. But the answer to that is an absolute no, I would not have wasted my vote for him regardless of whether or not he comes out on the same day as the Mario Maker DLC stage. There aren't any other characters besides Snake that I find appealing to see in Smash, least of all, the other Mario characters like Daisy, who is dead to me, and Waluigi, whom I absolutely don't like as a character.

Not really. Of my top 3 most wanted, Wolf is the one I've voted the least (pls no kill). K. Rool and Dee are my main priorities, mainly because Wolf's chances are so good anyway, there's still a good chance that he'll be a pre-ballot character.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I only voted once and it was for Dark Matter, so I don't see how I could have wasted it :p. However, if I could vote more times than once by Nintendo's rules, I would probably vote for him, and still wouldn't feel it's wasted because that would mean I contributed to getting him in.

Edit: Basic grammar

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

I'm still glad to provide any kind of info and -smashing- fighting to get our :wolf: back.

With that said thank you. We're almost there to see if we won Wolf as our greatest prize. :lick:
This is another reason why I want Wolf to return: so this community can stay together.

If/when Wolf returns, I hope this community continues to thrive.
Wolf in Smash 4 = Mission Complete.

King K. Rool was the only other character I voted for but Wolf is my number 1 so if Wolf makes it in through the ballot, than my votes have served their purpose.
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!

Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Great to see Wolf at the very top.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
It would be the corniest thing since Snake's "kept you waiting." But I really hope that Wolf is the last DLC character, but he is not marketed as the last character. Instead, Sakurai would appear in a direct and state that whichever (at the current time) unannounced character was unfortunately the last and that he and his team had a great time developing the game; however, it is time to move on to other projects and that he hopes we enjoyed all of the additional downloadable content. The Direct fades to black, coming to a close. "Can't let you do that!"

I probably could have typed that up a little bit more suspenseful, but I believe that each and every Wolf fan can imagine how it would feel regardless.
It's funny because another user had the same idea with K. Rool and his fake kredits.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey, which one of y'all still has that "Wolf's Pizzaria" pic? That should be like the official logo for a Wolf social thread if he does make it back.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Found the Pizzeria pic. Definitely needs to be on the front page of the Wolf Social thread if/when he returns.

Top Bottom