• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Thanks, nice to meet you! You know I also support Snake and I think he could only be brought back if he got enough support.
I would love to see the Ice Climbers back, but unfortunately, I don't see them coming back as DLC after Sakurai give a statement about why they couldn't get in due the 3DS couldn't hold 8 Ice Climbers very well. Maybe hopefully they can be back as a Wii U exclusive but I don't think that likely because Sakurai want the 2 versions of the game to have the same amount of characters.
But I give votes to the veterans that fans want. (:wolf::snake:). This is the reason I was here, I didn't want to sit and watch all of you supporters sad. I really hope we can get what we want. Please remember that we only have 2 weeks to vote and support our veterans. This is all that I want to say, I wish you all good luck on getting your favorite characters back such as :wolf: and :snake:and newcomers like King K. Rool in for the first time in Smash Bros.
What is your opinion of why the Ice Climbers didn't work? Some say the 3DS couldn't handle the amount of characters on screen, some say it couldn't handle the CPU. Wolf and Snake are, in my opinion and terms, are the 2 remaining veterans (Ice Climbers aside) that are notable enough to return. NO MORE CUTS

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
My opinions of them not working were really sad. Before this happens, I was expecting them to return but unfortunately this happen. They were the first ones to get cut after appearing in 2 games all because of one big accident that caused them to be cut. Hopefully Sakurai can solve the 3DS limitations problem so that we can get them back in both versions of the game or if not just get them back in only the Wii U version of the game since he stated that they work really fine in the Wii U version. Now back to supporting :wolf:!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just signed up to support all of you. I think you guys could get a hand to help bring back :wolf: to Smash 4 as DLC. I think the reason why he was cut because he was low priority The cut made no sense to me and it was a shame that he didn't made it. So I had cast a vote for you guys. You guys can signed me up as a supporter and I'am confident that he is going to be one of the DLC characters.
Well, welcome. :dedede:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
My opinions of them not working were really sad. Before this happens, I was expecting them to return but unfortunately this happen. They were the first ones to get cut after appearing in 2 games all because of one big accident that caused them to be cut. Hopefully Sakurai can solve the 3DS limitations problem so that we can get them back in both versions of the game or if not just get them back in only the Wii U version of the game since he stated that they work really fine in the Wii U version. Now back to supporting :wolf:!
Like I said a couple of pages back, the Climbers' absence would've been something that no one would've even worried about if not for Smash 3DS. I'm not a fan of the Climbers, but even more so I don't like losing content for this very reason. Not to harp on Sakurai, but still.

Anyway, welcome. It's good to see the Wolf support continue to grow.

Like I said a couple of pages back, the Climbers' absence would've been something that no one would've even worried about if not for Smash 3DS. I'm not a fan of the Climbers, but even more so I don't like losing content for this very reason. Not to harp on Sakurai, but still.

Anyway, welcome. It's good to see the Wolf support continue to grow.
It's funny because back in the Brawl days,:popo:was one of the most disliked characters,"Why did Sakurai add such a stupid/ worthless character that no one cares about when we could of have Ridley or Geno instead?" Now,they are in the top 10 most requested characters in the ballot.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's funny because back in the Brawl days,:popo:was one of the most disliked characters,"Why did Sakurai add such a stupid/ worthless character that no one cares about when we could of have Ridley or Geno instead?" Now,they are in the top 10 most requested characters in the ballot.
In the eyes of many fans "once a smasher always a smasher", with few exceptions. Even if prior to these characters getting into the series people would never even think about them being in, once they're in and then be cut, they get a LOT of people clamoring for them back. That's the way it works. That's why these ancient characters from a one off game (I think Ice Climber was just one single game) have a huge fanbase, because they were already in the game at one point.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Really? I thought they were quite popular, especially among the pros. Then again, I'm not really in touch with what other people think about them so what do I know? But they already had two appearances under their belt so a lot of us thought that they were here to stay.

Really? I thought they were quite popular, especially among the pros. Then again, I'm not really in touch with what other people think about them so what do I know? But they already had two appearances under their belt so a lot of us thought that they were here to stay.
I meant between casuals, and people who didn't like Brawl's roster.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It's funny how the priority of characters work in Smash. Roy and Mewtwo weren't important enough to be finished for Brawl (there is minor data for them however) and yet Wolf was considered a high enough priority for that game and here we are with Sm4sh with the roles reversed, even though it's because dlc. Jigglypuff wouldn't even be considered to come back if she wasn't first added to 64 and we might be at the point where the same could be said for Falcon and Ness. Ice Climbers were out prioritized by the 'fairness' that Wii U and 3DS users need to have and Chrom wasn't added for being too similar to Ike and yet we have Lucina.

Yes, I understand it was Robin who was picked over Chrom and Lucina was a very late addition simply because they had the time to make her different but that's still a nice middle finger to the Chrom supporters especially since there's a Mii outfit for him AND he has a finished model and voice clips but he only gets to make cameo appearances whenever Robin is chosen. Kinda like us right now actually since Wolf is locked in a damn Lylat cameo.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
It's funny how the priority of characters work in Smash. Roy and Mewtwo weren't important enough to be finished for Brawl (there is minor data for them however) and yet Wolf was considered a high enough priority for that game and here we are with Sm4sh with the roles reversed, even though it's because dlc. Jigglypuff wouldn't even be considered to come back if she wasn't first added to 64 and we might be at the point where the same could be said for Falcon and Ness. Ice Climbers were out prioritized by the 'fairness' that Wii U and 3DS users need to have and Chrom wasn't added for being too similar to Ike and yet we have Lucina.

Yes, I understand it was Robin who was picked over Chrom and Lucina was a very late addition simply because they had the time to make her different but that's still a nice middle finger to the Chrom supporters especially since there's a Mii outfit for him AND he has a finished model and voice clips but he only gets to make cameo appearances whenever Robin is chosen. Kinda like us right now actually since Wolf is locked in a damn Lylat cameo.
Lol the fact that they had a game to be absent in gave them more priority. In my opinion and based on evidence, I believe Sonic may have been a strong reason for Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff's inclusion in Brawl--I believe Smash was delayed because of Sega's change-in-mind regarding Sonc's inclusion. It can be argued that the three, while easy to create, still took lots of time and effort to make--Toon Link could take his moves from Link, Jigglypuff is 7% Kirby clone I believe, and Wolf is a derivative of Fox (definitely harder to make than the forbidden three clones of Sm4sh). To be honest, seeing Plusle + Minum with data in Brawl and Toon Link makes me think these were "spiritual succesors" to Pichu and Young Link respectively, so in a sense, no Melee vets were meant to be cut. But Toon Link barely made it in and Pra_Mai was cut.
There's a lot less pressure making a complete clone and admitting it's a clone. Trying to make another swordsmen unique from the other swordsmen is a lot harder I guess. Honestly? Just quit using counter and were good! I don't even mind counter as a concept (Lucario, Shulk, Greninja), but with the swordsmen they're all the same and so it seems repetitive (Ike, Lucina, Marth, Roy).

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Lol the fact that they had a game to be absent in gave them more priority. In my opinion and based on evidence, I believe Sonic may have been a strong reason for Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff's inclusion in Brawl--I believe Smash was delayed because of Sega's change-in-mind regarding Sonc's inclusion. It can be argued that the three, while easy to create, still took lots of time and effort to make--Toon Link could take his moves from Link, Jigglypuff is 7% Kirby clone I believe, and Wolf is a derivative of Fox (definitely harder to make than the forbidden three clones of Sm4sh). To be honest, seeing Plusle + Minum with data in Brawl and Toon Link makes me think these were "spiritual succesors" to Pichu and Young Link respectively, so in a sense, no Melee vets were meant to be cut. But Toon Link barely made it in and Pra_Mai was cut.
There's a lot less pressure making a complete clone and admitting it's a clone. Trying to make another swordsmen unique from the other swordsmen is a lot harder I guess. Honestly? Just quit using counter and were good! I don't even mind counter as a concept (Lucario, Shulk, Greninja), but with the swordsmen they're all the same and so it seems repetitive (Ike, Lucina, Marth, Roy).
I can possibly see Sonic being the cause for Wolf and Toon Link but not Puff since she has that 'first game guarantee' status. Her lack of inclusion in the SSE could simply be them not knowing how to put her in or not caring to.

As for the absences resulting in higher priority, maybe for Mewtwo. People actually know who Mewtwo is and like him in his games. Almost no one outside of Japan knows who the heck Roy is other than 'that red head swordsman from Melee' oh and Awakening dlc. That being said, the fact that two Japanese exclusive characters made it in as dlc tells me that Japan is the one pulling all the strings, or at least most of them.

As for making swordsmen unique, yeah it can be hard. There's only so many ways to use a sword in an offensive manner and honestly, seeing what they did to Roy makes me think they really wanted him to not be 'Marth 3' so they gave him that weird back hand swordplay. Regardless, Chrom was not added for being too similar while the same 'problem' did not apply to the forbidden 3.

And lastly, yeah I agree, too many counters in this game. The Fire Emblem characters are really screwed with what they can do though. Shield Breaker was unique until they based it off Marth's attacking animation, Dancing Blade and...whatever it's called for Roy is unique as are the Marth Trios up specials. Ike's side special loosely references the end of RD in this game and his side and up specials are from his games. The counter is all to reference the 'counter attacking' phase in FE battles since none of the FE characters actually have the skill Counter naturally. They come up with some unique moves, reference some things and then when it comes time for the down special, they default to counter and that applies to a lot of characters, not just FE ones @.@

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
"Regardless, Chrom was not added for being too similar while the same 'problem' did not apply to the forbidden 3."

I don't mean to spark anything, but you said it yourself that they were easy last-minute additions--Sakurai was afraid to add Chrom for what I've seen to be a criticism of Smash 4--too many swordsmen. Lucina is a result of spare time that could not, under ANY circumstance, be used for anything else--if you ask me, it's like having 5 minutes left before class to do your homework and deciding to work the easy ones as to get more credit--even though the guy copying your worksheet wants the harder answers. Which reminds me...
It really sucks cause there was an interview where Sakurai was like "no more clones" and then you get the forbidden 2 (I decided to not include Dr. Mario because Melee). It's really bad moment of misunderstanding to the point that you have empathize with the consumers. Like, "what the heck? He flat out said no clones, what's with this Lucina chick?"
I guarantee that if Sakurai had enough time to finish Mewtwo into the base game, he would've. Maybe there's some fear that people will root for these characters in the next Smash bros XD I'm worried for Olimar..

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Too many swordsmen? I guess there's too many fist fighters, too many Mario characters, too many Pokemon characters and too many Fire Emblem characters...actually some people believe those last 3 quite a bit. I'm not personally someone who wanted Chrom though I did think he'd be a shoe in but it's still hypocrisy to not add one character either for being too similar to one character or being too similar to numerous characters then adding a character with those exact 'issues'. Lucina fans get to rejoice as they play as their favourite waifu while Chrom fans...they get to see him if they pick Robin...and items are on or they go to Palutena's Temple with Pit or they win. Heck we have Roy as dlc, a Marth clone turned into a semi clone and he uses a sword too. That could have been Chrom.

We're at the dlc point of the game. The game is out already, people bought it and are playing it and they (the people that made the game) have very few time constraints although they do have a smaller team. They can add any damn character(s) they want regardless of logic or reasoning. This includes Chrom, Waluigi, Ridley, all veterans and heck even Goku or Geno. Certain rights would have to be acquired and negotiations would have to be made for some but for a large amount of characters, there's hardly an excuse.

In all seriousness, please no Goku or Geno...

Also, if I'm coming off as offended or offensive or whatever then my bad. Not trying to but it's late, I'm tired and I'm typing before thinking. Somewhat noticing an unintended offensive tone as I read over my posts.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Too many swordsmen? I guess there's too many fist fighters, too many Mario characters, too many Pokemon characters and too many Fire Emblem characters...actually some people believe those last 3 quite a bit. I'm not personally someone who wanted Chrom though I did think he'd be a shoe in but it's still hypocrisy to not add one character either for being too similar to one character or being too similar to numerous characters then adding a character with those exact 'issues'. Lucina fans get to rejoice as they play as their favourite waifu while Chrom fans...they get to see him if they pick Robin...and items are on or they go to Palutena's Temple with Pit or they win. Heck we have Roy as dlc, a Marth clone turned into a semi clone and he uses a sword too. That could have been Chrom.

We're at the dlc point of the game. The game is out already, people bought it and are playing it and they (the people that made the game) have very few time constraints although they do have a smaller team. They can add any damn character(s) they want regardless of logic or reasoning. This includes Chrom, Waluigi, Ridley, all veterans and heck even Goku or Geno. Certain rights would have to be acquired and negotiations would have to be made for some but for a large amount of characters, there's hardly an excuse.

In all seriousness, please no Goku or Geno...

Also, if I'm coming off as offended or offensive or whatever then my bad. Not trying to but it's late, I'm tired and I'm typing before thinking. Somewhat noticing an unintended offensive tone as I read over my posts.
Lol I have an excuse for everyone I guess XD Lucina was convenient and Roy was a veteran and demand. I am a Wolf lover but if they released Krystal as another Fox derivative instead of Wolf that would be the absolute worst scenario.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I can possibly see Sonic being the cause for Wolf and Toon Link but not Puff since she has that 'first game guarantee' status. Her lack of inclusion in the SSE could simply be them not knowing how to put her in or not caring to.
According to Sakurai, :jigglypuff: almost didn't make it towards the end of SSBB's development. And I hear that :nessmelee: faced the same situation back in SSBM. Seems as if the "Original 12" rule isn't as unbreakable as we once thought.

As for the absences resulting in higher priority, maybe for Mewtwo. People actually know who Mewtwo is and like him in his games. Almost no one outside of Japan knows who the heck Roy is other than 'that red head swordsman from Melee' oh and Awakening dlc. That being said, the fact that two Japanese exclusive characters made it in as dlc tells me that Japan is the one pulling all the strings, or at least most of them.
I'm pretty sure that Japan has the highest priority when determining which characters get to return in this manner. I could be wrong, though.

As for making swordsmen unique, yeah it can be hard. There's only so many ways to use a sword in an offensive manner and honestly, seeing what they did to Roy makes me think they really wanted him to not be 'Marth 3' so they gave him that weird back hand swordplay. Regardless, Chrom was not added for being too similar while the same 'problem' did not apply to the forbidden 3.
:4feroy: is more of a brawler, so I guess they wanted to give him a new sword style that seems more visually appropriate. But I suppose at the end of the day he doesn't really fight that much different than :4marth: or :4lucina:, just that he has to get closer to his target to maximize damage output.

And lastly, yeah I agree, too many counters in this game. The Fire Emblem characters are really screwed with what they can do though. Shield Breaker was unique until they based it off Marth's attacking animation, Dancing Blade and...whatever it's called for Roy is unique as are the Marth Trios up specials. Ike's side special loosely references the end of RD in this game and his side and up specials are from his games. The counter is all to reference the 'counter attacking' phase in FE battles since none of the FE characters actually have the skill Counter naturally. They come up with some unique moves, reference some things and then when it comes time for the down special, they default to counter and that applies to a lot of characters, not just FE ones @.@
I'm guessing that the FE characters don't really have much to pull from in terms of movesets, well, except for :4robinm:, who had a lot of content to bring to the table. I can't think of anything that the swordsmen could do in place of their current Down B's(mostly due to not playing any FE games other than Awakening), so a counter-type attack was the only option, I guess.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Messing around with the Star Fox Zero's older box art:

ORIGINAL
View attachment 74078

BRIGHTER
View attachment 74079

SLIGHTLY BRIGHTER!!
View attachment 74082

That's our :wolf: fellas.
—No shiet freakin' Wolfiv!
Wolfiv—Calm down, it's how he will look in Star Fox Zero. Cause box arts are made when a game is at final stages of development, right?
—Yes, but this is the older box art, Wolfiv, what's up with the new one? The Wolfen appears on it aswell.
Wolfiv—I don't happen to have a high res image of it.
—But Wolfiv, look at this!

Wolfiv—Oh yeah, at least Fox has been changed a little bit between the old box art and the new one, maybe we don't have Wolf art yet because they're redoing character artwork.

So yeah, basically.
Oh man. WOLF IS THAT YOU?! Hell yes. Already know that he was going to return to the game as much the rest, but still nice to see that he is part of it in any way.

The artwork looks nice. Very much so realistic than before, and how I'd like to see the crew in terms of appearance. It fits them. Maybe Wolf will have a simlar kind of look, can't wait o see how he'll look.

Perhaps, a combination of his SF643D and Assault looks. I wouldn't mind if he did.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
According to Sakurai, :jigglypuff: almost didn't make it towards the end of SSBB's development. And I hear that :nessmelee: faced the same situation back in SSBM. Seems as if the "Original 12" rule isn't as unbreakable as we once thought..
I just thought Lucas was meant to replace Ness but his game got delayed so they opted to use Ness. In the end we got both!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I can kind of see an eye patch. *Insert you are a pirate here*
I think it may be his scouter, actually. There is a heavy black line around his ear that mimics his scouter's shape. Of course, it may just be shadowing and he does have the eyepatch. I just heavily prefer his Assault design.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
The 'scouter' makes him look more advanced, as in dealing with an injury, some Sci-Fi characters do the same with a futuristic enhancement, while the patch more 'worn down' like, he went through some physical-brutal past. Any of the two is fine, IMO.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Now that i think of it, wolf was unpopular as hell during brawl too. People always called him a clone and an unnecessary 3rd SF rep, and now he's top 5 for dlc. I guess people don't realize how cool these characters are unless they're gone

You know what, wolf is like a saiyan. In dbz, when a saiyan is beaten to near death, their power level dramatically increases once they recover. Wolf was hated as much a ROB in brawl, but once he was cut, his popularity skyrocketed. Infact this goes for pretty much any vet...as long as your name isn't pichu or young link :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you mean Melee days? Because Ice Climbers were not really "added" in Brawl and pretty much every non-clone from Melee returned in Brawl. The exception, of course, being Mewtwo who was supposed to return regardless.

Now that i think of it, wolf was unpopular as hell during brawl too. People always called him a clone and an unnecessary 3rd SF rep, and now he's top 5 for dlc. I guess people don't realize how cool these characters are unless they're gone

You know what, wolf is like a saiyan. In dbz, when a saiyan is beaten to near death, their power level dramatically increases once they recover. Wolf was hated as much a ROB in brawl, but once he was cut, his popularity skyrocketed. Infact this goes for pretty much any vet...as long as your name isn't pichu or young link :troll:
Honestly, I heard a lot of complaints about Wolf even before he was gone. After Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas, a lot of people got "veteran fatigue" and care less about Wolf and more about newcomers or potential third-party characters. That is just based on my empirical knowledge of Smashboards. Maybe it is different elsewhere. Wolf just seems like the character that people are expecting rather than wanting.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Interesting. Didn't know much of that mentality of people being burned off about Wolf. Well then again,, perhaps they didn't play as him as others, I suppose.

Then again, people change when a character got cut and then was wanted to the subsequent sequel. :troll:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Do you mean Melee days? Because Ice Climbers were not really "added" in Brawl and pretty much every non-clone from Melee returned in Brawl. The exception, of course, being Mewtwo who was supposed to return regardless.

Honestly, I heard a lot of complaints about Wolf even before he was gone. After Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas, a lot of people got "veteran fatigue" and care less about Wolf and more about newcomers or potential third-party characters. That is just based on my empirical knowledge of Smashboards. Maybe it is different elsewhere. Wolf just seems like the character that people are expecting rather than wanting.
I've still seen plenty of Wolf supporters, Shofu is doing a good job of getting people excited for Wolf. There is still huge demand for Wolf. On smashboards its hard to tell, maybe its just that they said they wanted him back in another older post, and didn't feel the need to keep restating it over and over again.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've still seen plenty of Wolf supporters, Shofu is doing a good job of getting people excited for Wolf. There is still huge demand for Wolf. On smashboards its hard to tell, maybe its just that they said they wanted him back in another older post, and didn't feel the need to keep restating it over and over again.
There are, more likely than not, numerous reasons that I fail to comprehend and my experiences are not indicative of reality either. I just get that impression and I personally believe that the attitude that Wolf is guaranteed is sort of detrimental to his chances. If one were not to vote for him just because they thought he was obvious, the votes might indicate an attenuated interest in Wolf. But, hey, I am probably just being overly pessimistic because I legitimately thought that Wolf was going to be in-game, on the disc. Perhaps people want Wolf, but they are more interested in discussing the new, rather than the old. Who knows? Not me, that much is certain.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
There are, more likely than not, numerous reasons that I fail to comprehend and my experiences are not indicative of reality either. I just get that impression and I personally believe that the attitude that Wolf is guaranteed is sort of detrimental to his chances. If one were not to vote for him just because they thought he was obvious, the votes might indicate an attenuated interest in Wolf. But, hey, I am probably just being overly pessimistic because I legitimately thought that Wolf was going to be in-game, on the disc. Perhaps people want Wolf, but they are more interested in discussing the new, rather than the old. Who knows? Not me, that much is certain.
I kinda thought this too. Infact i was gonna change my vote to k rool, cause i knew for a fact wolf was gonna be revealed at e3 (lol) But to this day i still haven't changed my vote and i won't until wolf is comfirmed. Like i said before, the smash 4 dojo poll put those qualms to rest, as wolf is number 4 on that list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469
This isn't the smash ballot results, but with 44000 plus votes and numerous fan polls combined into one, this gives us a pretty good idea where he stands. As long as he's requested enough for Sakurai to notice, thats a good enough for me.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Therefore, most people think of him as 'wanted yet expected' for being a veteran. Well, at least, that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Therefore, most people think of him as 'wanted yet expected' for being a veteran. Well, at least, that's how I see it.
To be fair, that is the best part about being a Wolf supporter. Everyone with a semblance of logical thought believes that he is essentially guaranteed to be one of the DLC characters. It is a confidence booster for sure. I do not have that sense of security with the other veteran that I really want to return, Young Link.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I kinda thought this too. Infact i was gonna change my vote to k rool, cause i knew for a fact wolf was gonna be revealed at e3 (lol) But to this day i still haven't changed my vote and i won't until wolf is comfirmed. Like i said before, the smash 4 dojo poll put those qualms to rest, as wolf is number 4 on that list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469
This isn't the smash ballot results, but with 44000 plus votes and numerous fan polls combined into one, this gives us a pretty good idea where he stands. As long as he's requested enough for Sakurai to notice, thats a good enough for me.
If Sakurai knew of Lucas' popularity, he had to know of Wolf's since they were about neck and neck in terms of popularity, we also sent him a tweet asking him to do Wolf DLC way back in January, months before the ballot even began.

Sorry, but it had to be done.
OK we need to photoshop Wolf and co. into this video,
cast:
Wolf-Rottenbeard (the pirate singing)
Leon- The short pirate with the eyepatch
Pigma- The pirate with the bandanna
Andrew- the pink haired pirate
Panther- the other girl pirate

Last edited by a moderator:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
To be fair, that is the best part about being a Wolf supporter. Everyone with a semblance of logical thought believes that he is essentially guaranteed to be one of the DLC characters. It is a confidence booster for sure. I do not have that sense of security with the other veteran that I really want to return, Young Link.
He is the veteran MORE PLAUSIBLE of all of the cut ones. That's more than enough against retractors and such. Besides, if you add the fact that people are fans of Wolf, aside from 'he was playable at one point and needs to return' kind of deal. It ranks up, not the chances as that truly doesn't add much UNTIL Sakurai adresses that, but confidence in belief.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
He is the veteran MORE PLAUSIBLE of all of the cut ones. That's more than enough against retractors and such. Besides, if you add the fact that people are fans of Wolf, aside from 'he was playable at one point and needs to return' kind of deal. It ranks up, not the chances as that truly doesn't add much UNTIL Sakurai adresses that, but confidence in belief.
Yeah... but then there will be those who claim "Sakurai is done with veterans" and "that would be a good thing", that "Wolf is just another clone of Fox" and "Does not need to return if we can play him in Brawl".

We all know these points are so untrue and easy to debunk, but... oh well.

Might just have stepped out of the Smashboards safe zone and got reminded of all those hilarious points... I still remember at the beginning of ballots everyone went Krystal over Wolf just because of a staff and "potential moveset" etc...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah... but then there will be those who claim "Sakurai is done with veterans" and "that would be a good thing", that "Wolf is just another clone of Fox" and "Does not need to return if we can play him in Brawl".

We all know these points are so untrue and easy to debunk, but... oh well.

Might just have stepped out of the Smashboards safe zone and got reminded of all those hilarious points... I still remember at the beginning of ballots everyone went Krystal over Wolf just because of a staff and "potential moveset" etc...
Well, I'm sure those 'reasonings' don't matter but can be rebuked with:

'Are you Sakurai...?',

'Can you read his mind....?',

'Lucas is MORE of a clone to Ness than Wolf is to Fox...!'

and 'The same can be said about the Ice Climbers/Snake/Pichu/Any other cut veteran that is wanted in some way. Why do you want them back...? You can play them in the prequels, bruh...!'

People get worked over when things do go their way, and just deny the facts (Not only to prove that we're right/wrong, but to see the situation in any side and have the facts in mind.

Just to name a few examples.

And about Krystal, honestly, I don't mind her. (Well, for me, most characters don't 'salty me' unless they're badly implemented, but then, that's another story...) But as of right now, Wolf has the priority of the situation. If in 5mash NX or whatever name the next game has, she is playable, by all means.

Unless Slippy happens first... :troll:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well, I'm sure those 'reasonings' don't matter but can be rebuked with:

'Are you Sakurai...?',

'Can you read his mind....?',

'Lucas is MORE of a clone to Ness than Wolf is to Fox...!'

and 'The same can be said about the Ice Climbers/Snake/Pichu/Any other cut veteran that is wanted in some way. Why do you want them back...? You can play them in the prequels, bruh...!'
Well, I know how to debunk them, but not like they will listen... It's just sad...

Also, for the last point clearly they want only newcomers so that wouldn't work/

(although if they want k rool then i can say "you can play k rool as a mii costume too" and rekt)

Not trying to stir up anything for the Krystal point, just to say.

(although if they want k rool then i can say "you can play k rool as a mii costume too" and rekt)
It's not the same thing as playing as real K. Rool, the moves do not fit him at all.

For the newcomers thing, I somewhat understand them, we have got three veterans and one newcomer, so I think it's not completely wrong to want newcomers prioritised over veterans. Wolf should definitely come back, but I think after that they should focus on newcomers.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
In my opinion, Roy coming back kinda told me that there really is no limit to which veteran can come back, being a 2nd derivative of Marth. Initially, I did not like the fact that he, of all veterans, was returning but now I'm pretty neutral. Roy set the bar pretty low for DLC veterans in my opinion.

I don't know why I'm so set on reminding, but in the "spot" dataine that discovered Ruy and Ryu (I like anagrams), there were two "marios" left. Now, I believe those were characters being created at the time and obviously lower on the list. I don't believe they were remaining character for DLC, period. These are all opinions, mind you.

Sakurai has said stuff in the past "Mewtwo being only part of the Buy Both deal" "Mewtwo being only DLC", Fan Service, even if it does mean Ballot, could be a ruse to think we are only getting newcomers. It would be beneficial to both Veteran-lovers and Newcomer-wanters to say, "okay, while were tallying up the votes and filtering out the rather unusual choices, here's Wolf and another Vet" I have to remind myself that Sakurai doesn't acknowledge the leaks so he could still have what he considers a surprise for us.

Edit: I think people may have been discouraged about Wolf because of the continuous 'misfires' that should've been him and in a way, Ryu's inclusion extended this. From Sakurai's perspective, it would be a cake to just say, Returnining Veterans--Newcomers I want--Newcomers they want and then end it like that. But I'm hoping Ryu was a special occasion and that they're returning to Vets (I'm a believer)

Last edited:
Top Bottom