• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
So Star Fox Zero just got delayed...
Take that Nintendo, for putting a Walker and a Mahjong Tile instead of Wolf in Super Mario Maker!
Wolf can't let you release that!

Ok, I was joking, if no Star Fox Zero, means no Wolf. I seriously hope we'll be seeing his artwork soon.

EDIT Open the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469
(Smash poll data) and fill it with Wolf in the link they give you:
survey.png

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to say that I hope that Wolf becomes playable once again. He is one of the few characters from past games that actually seems like may return to be playable after the whole situation with Lucas and Roy's return. Mainly, aside from being a fan of the SF series, and fan of him overall, I hope that he makes it back to the roster, he deserves it.

Besides...

"I wanna have fun with this thing, like seriously..." :wolf:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Passing by to say that I hope that Wolf becomes playable once again. He is one of the few characters from past games that actually seems like may return to be playable after the whole situation with Lucas and Roy's return. Mainly, aside from being a fan of the SF series, and fan of him overall, I hope that he makes it back to the roster, he deserves it.

Besides...

"I wanna have fun with this thing, like seriously..." :wolf:
Thanks for your support. Who's awesome? Wolf's awesome!

:facepalm::facepalm:Yeah must have missed that one, guess I just took this too seriously, but I had a feeling Wolf would get second, though I thought Krool would be 1 instead of Bandana dee. Man everyone's on edge with the ballot coming to an end.
It's okay, I should've posted it to every support thread at the beginning, the activity increased a lot after I posted it to five support threads (K. Rool, Dee, Wolf, Dixie, Rayman).

Another one with same subject? The previous one just ended.

(Some of the choices in the game are really, really random)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I'm okay with any game getting delayed just so they could make it the best game they ever made, in this case, Star Fox Zero. Sure hope the series doesn't follow in the footsteps of F-Zero.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
After hearing Star Fox Zero is now delayed I'm really hoping that we don't have to wait longer for Wolf. :ohwell:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
After hearing Star Fox Zero is now delayed I'm really hoping that we don't have to wait longer for Wolf. :ohwell:
....i'm so sad today...really wanted star fox,
even not buying Fallout 4 to play star fox in november...
and get my precious falco amiibo ( i hope he is not delayed )

Wolf is coming anyway to help the wait...

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's current state in Smash 4,

Low poly jagged looks worse than his Brawl version model (which looks like a placeholder) complete with his codecs, Fox's "Wolf Flash" (though that could be the translator's fault), a Fox palette swap that has grey fur like Wolf, and 3 different versions of his song, one a new remix.
None of the other cut vets had this crap happen to them why Wolf? We need to restore Wolf to his former Nintendo All-Star glory. He needs to be his own playable character in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, and he needs a smash amiibo, as well as a Mario Maker sprite. #FreeWolf!
Wolf also has a trophy case.

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
Again I have the Japanese version (both 3DS and Wii U) and I can confirm there's no translation error in it :/

Speaking of customs tho, imagine DLC gets their custom, what do you think Wolf's custom specials will be?
Something not related to both Fox and Falco's movesets.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
While I'm disappointed that Star Fox Zero got delayed because that means more waiting and I hate waiting, it's probably for the best.

Like dangeraaron10 said, the Star Fox series can't afford to have this game fail or the series will most likely pull an F-Zero and no one wants that to happen.

I'm not too surprised that it got delayed since Miyamoto has a history of delaying games he's worked on. At least he's living up to his famous "a delayed game is eventually good" quote.

As long as it plays as good as Star Fox 64 and Assault, than the wait will be worth it.

In more positive news, the support is greatly appreciated, Giga Kaiju and Maxoxpower. Great to have ya both on board.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Again I have the Japanese version (both 3DS and Wii U) and I can confirm there's no translation error in it :/

Speaking of customs tho, imagine DLC gets their custom, what do you think Wolf's custom specials will be?
A wolf flash custom that shouts a wolf hologram instead of himself.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Maybe... the game will be longer than an average Star Fox game (which is two hours long). Zero needs to succeed or the series may go into another drought.
Well I can see them holding Wolf for the game's initial release, but I wouldn't imagine they'd delay Wolf to release with the game. It'll be like a reverse Mario Maker, instead of being resulted from such an interesting game, Wolf's reveal will hype up an interesting game.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
A wolf flash custom that shouts a wolf hologram instead of himself.
I like this idea.

It would never happen, but it would be pretty cool if this was an "extra option" for the default Wolf Flash.

Input side b once to do a normal Wolf Flash, do it twice to fire a hologram. It would be a great mix-up option.

The move itself could either be a projectile or an independent disjointed hit box with great reach.

If that sounds too powerful, you could just replace Wolf Flash with this move.

You lose a recovery option, but gain an extra projectile/long ranged move with more versatility. It would make Wolf more unique too.

Stuff like this will never happen but it's fun to think about regardless.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Does no one care about the Flaco amobii

B1.)Rapid Fire Blaster(weaker,but faster(EDIT:ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!))
B2.)Hi-Voltage Blaster(has a hitbox up-close that electrifies the enemy,blaster is more powerful,but it's slower)

->B1.)Flaming Wolf Flash(Enemies hit will be launched with the fire element)
->B2.)Stunning Wolf Flash(Stuns the enemy when hit;like Weavile)
UpB1.)Fast Fire Wolf(faster and higher,but weaker)
UpB2.)Flying Fire Wolf(higher and does normal damage,slow charge)
DwnB1.)Phasing Reflector(each reflect does more damage,but less knockback,sends them back faster)
DwnB2.)Astro Reflector(moves get darker with each reflector,once it's black,its damage is MAXED OUT!!!,Black means it will destroy shields,reflectors,and even OHKO's certain characters like:4jigglypuff:,:4mewtwo:,:4palutena:with lightweight.

Maybe :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: will get customs too

I'll say some ideas:

:4mewtwo::Vaccum Shadow Ball(sucks in opponents to Mewtwo from halfway from FD to Mewtwo on ledge)
:4lucas:: PK Freeze Omega(stronger at full charge)
:4feroy::Blue Flare Blade(stronger and slower)
:4ryu::Arctic Hadouken(Shakunetsu Hadouken now freezes the opponent instead of multi-hitting)

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Does no one care about the Flaco amobii

B1.)Rapid Fire Blaster(weaker,but slower
B2.)Hi-Voltage Blaster(has a hitbox up-close that electrifies the enemy,blaster is more powerful,but it's slower)

->B1.)Flaming Wolf Flash(Enemies hit will be launched with the fire element)
->B2.)Stunning Wolf Flash(Stuns the enemy when hit;like Weavile)
UpB1.)Fast Fire Wolf(faster and higher,but weaker)
UpB2.)Flying Fire Wolf(higher and does normal damage,slow charge)
DwnB1.)Phasing Reflector(each reflect does more damage,but less knockback,sends them back faster)
DwnB2.)Astro Reflector(moves get darker with each reflector,once it's black,its damage is MAXED OUT!!!,Black means it will destroy shields,reflectors,and even OHKO's certain characters like:4jigglypuff:,:4mewtwo:,:4palutena:with lightweight.

Maybe :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: will get customs too

I'll say some ideas:

:4mewtwo::Vaccum Shadow Ball(sucks in opponents to Mewtwo from halfway from FD to Mewtwo on ledge)
:4lucas:: PK Freeze Omega(stronger at full charge)
:4feroy::Blue Flare Blade(stronger and slower)
:4ryu::Arctic Hadouken(Shakunetsu Hadouken now freezes the opponent instead of multi-hitting)
Rapid Fire Blaster is weaker and slower? What's the benefit?

Also, a stronger Flare Blade? That more has One Hit Kill power already.

PK Freeze Omega makes PK Freeze obsolete plz nirf. Nerd Vacuum Shadow Ball's range too while you're at it.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Thanks for your support. Who's awesome? Wolf's awesome!
While I'm disappointed that Star Fox Zero got delayed because that means more waiting and I hate waiting, it's probably for the best.

Like dangeraaron10 said, the Star Fox series can't afford to have this game fail or the series will most likely pull an F-Zero and no one wants that to happen.

I'm not too surprised that it got delayed since Miyamoto has a history of delaying games he's worked on. At least he's living up to his famous "a delayed game is eventually good" quote.

As long as it plays as good as Star Fox 64 and Assault, than the wait will be worth it.

In more positive news, the support is greatly appreciated, Giga Kaiju and Maxoxpower. Great to have ya both on board.
No problem. Thank you for the welcome...! Glad to see that I'm not the only one that wants him back around here and is supportive about it. Hopefully he DOES return with
his entire 'SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER' attitude of his. One of the reasons he is my favorite characters alongside Fox and Falco of the series.

Also, about SFZ, when I heard that the game was going to be delayed, I didn't mind it. Every time that a game is delayed, is BECAUSE some imperfections/details that need to be fixed/worked over for better entertaining results in the final product, so is understandable that it was the case.

Remember, Miyamoto is the kind of guy that would do that, as proof of a quote of his saying that is better to do so if it serves for the better in the overall scheme of things. :)

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Rapid Fire Blaster is weaker and slower? What's the benefit?

Also, a stronger Flare Blade? That more has One Hit Kill power already.

PK Freeze Omega makes PK Freeze obsolete plz nirf. Nerd Vacuum Shadow Ball's range too while you're at it.
Weak but slow? Hmm sounds like a good idea!
FIXED IT!
Delay?
Oh no...I'm seeing it.
:4shulk::I can change the future

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!

THIS IS THE MONANDO'S POWER!!!

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Messing around with the Star Fox Zero's older box art:

ORIGINAL
wolf starfox zero1.png

BRIGHTER
wolf starfox zero.png

SLIGHTLY BRIGHTER!!
wolf starfox zero2.png

That's our :wolf: fellas.
—No shiet freakin' Wolfiv!
Wolfiv—Calm down, it's how he will look in Star Fox Zero. Cause box arts are made when a game is at final stages of development, right?
—Yes, but this is the older box art, Wolfiv, what's up with the new one? The Wolfen appears on it aswell.
Wolfiv—I don't happen to have a high res image of it.
—But Wolfiv, look at this!

Wolfiv—Oh yeah, at least Fox has been changed a little bit between the old box art and the new one, maybe we don't have Wolf art yet because they're redoing character artwork.

So yeah, basically.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I just signed up to support all of you. I think you guys could get a hand to help bring back :wolf: to Smash 4 as DLC. I think the reason why he was cut because he was low priority The cut made no sense to me and it was a shame that he didn't made it. So I had cast a vote for you guys. You guys can signed me up as a supporter and I'am confident that he is going to be one of the DLC characters.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The support is greatly appreciated Cool Guy 36. You're definitely living up to your name if you ask me.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hi guys, I just signed up to support all of you. I think you guys could get a hand to help bring back :wolf: to Smash 4 as DLC. I think the reason why he was cut because he was low priority The cut made no sense to me and it was a shame that he didn't made it. So I had cast a vote for you guys. You guys can signed me up as a supporter and I'am confident that he is going to be one of the DLC characters.
:wolf:Welcome to the pack!:wolf:

Which reminds me. We need some sort of "Official #FreeWolf Pack" image. I may get to work on one once I'm off of work.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
What's up, cool guy? Glad to see your support! I just hate how some of my points for Wolf kinda shoot down Snake and Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, nice to meet you! You know I also support Snake and I think he could only be brought back if he got enough support.
I would love to see the Ice Climbers back, but unfortunately, I don't see them coming back as DLC after Sakurai give a statement about why they couldn't get in due to the 3DS couldn't hold 8 Ice Climbers very well. Maybe hopefully they can be back as a Wii U exclusive but I don't think that likely because Sakurai want the 2 versions of the game to have the same amount of characters.
But I give votes to the veterans that fans want. (:wolf::snake:). This is the reason I was here, I didn't want to sit and watch all of you supporters sad. I really hope we can get what we want. Please remember that we only have 2 weeks to vote and support our veterans. This is all that I want to say, I wish you all good luck on getting your favorite veterans back such as :wolf: and :snake:and newcomers like King K. Rool in for the first time in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Welcome to the pack! Glad to see your support, Cool Guy!

Top Bottom