• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Call me over-optimistic, but I can picture at least 4 more characters, ballot or otherwise, for DLC to create another character bundle and as a spoiled smash player, I can say I'd be satisfied with that (given that the characters met certain requirements, you know, one of them being Wolf and another Snake, possibly).

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wolf and Snake are the only characters I would love to see in Smash again. It doesn't feel the same to me without them. I mean I'm completely happy that Rosalina is in Smash now but with those two absent, Sm4sh just feels incomplete.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I fear he is suffering from Sakuraiaphobia, fear that Sakurai will make an incredibly and illogical decision. Sakurai had best give us that Wolf character DLC, other wise the
Unfortunately, sharing the link to support threads was forbidden in rules, as it would give an unfair advantage to the character. Fortunately, I changed my mind and decided not to "punish" Wolf, instead I'll post the link to other support threads, to make it more fair.
:facepalm::facepalm:Yeah must have missed that one, guess I just took this too seriously, but I had a feeling Wolf would get second, though I thought Krool would be 1 instead of Bandana dee. Man everyone's on edge with the ballot coming to an end.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I fear he is suffering from Sakuraiaphobia, fear that Sakurai will make an incredibly and illogical decision. Sakurai had best give us that Wolf character DLC, other wise the

:facepalm::facepalm:Yeah must have missed that one, guess I just took this too seriously, but I had a feeling Wolf would get second, though I thought Krool would be 1 instead of Bandana dee. Man everyone's on edge with the ballot coming to an end.
Sakuraiphobia? Somebody put that **** on the dictionary!

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I love how instead of marveling about the new stage recently revealed, some people are more interested in the stage obviously coming up that will be placed beside it XD I mean, I'm not denying it, the spacing is off if it was just one stage, but I mean, dat Mario Maker Stage doh.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I don't think banjo is happening, nintendo isn't exactly buddies with Microsoft. I know that phil spencer wants banjo in smash, and of course he would, thats free advertising for rare replays.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I seriously don't get why people vote for paper mario :/ I mean isn't 3 Marios enough
That's like saying Ninten would be another Ness, or saying Wolf is another Fox. It's an assumption by appearance, not abilities.
Paper Mario has many abilities avaible to him that Mario doesn't have, such as his partners, hammer, a timing mechanic, stickers, and the many items you can collect thoughout the series.
Ninten needs no explanation. Just look at the weapons in Mother (Or its sequels).
Wolf needs no explanation either.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
OK, so lets gather up all the Wolf stuff, this includes current state in smash 4, leaks, reasons for his inclusion, and polls. Also here's a cool idea someone in the Bandanna Dee thread had about getting in more votes for the ballot,
Hey guys, Im gonna do binge voting the night of october 2nd with my phone. If you are on cellular data, it makes your IP dynamic. This makes it so you can vote multiple times. You guys should do this too

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
1. He's Wolf
2. He's got some pretty epic taunts--"What's the matter, scared?" "Howl" "Growl"
3. Lucas and Roy are arguably less known and do not have a game. Why not Wolf?
4. Because he was in Brawl
5. Because his concept has origins back to Melee
6. Because Fox and Wolf are rivals and somewhere out there, there are twins who played as Fox & Wolf, signifying their competition to gain love from their parents. Without Wolf, the Fox-using twin always wins
7. Similar to 3, Wolf is related to an upcoming game and given that Mario Maker is from a post-smash game, this signifies that Sakurai is open to advertising new games.
8. Adding to 4, he's easy to make
9. BECAUSE EVERYONE IS EXPECTING HIM
10. I'm sure he was at least Top 5 in multiple polls
11. Unless Ice Climbers or Snake is coming, the remaining cut Smash Bros veterans that could possibly be announced, causing another "Wolf is coming" misfire is practically zero. :snake::popo: both have their respective difficulties, :pichumelee::younglinkmelee: are arguably forgettable Melee vets, :ivysaur::squirtle: while as iconic as Wolf were part of a gimmick that no longer exists and therefore, they did not survive on their own (opinion).
12. Because Fox was first to fight Ryu in his reveal trailer
13. He has so much support and want
14. (this is for "Wolf = Clone" believers and do not resemble my actual believes) Sakurai put effort to make a third Marth, why not an easier third Fox?
15. Because I said so
16. Why bring back all the Melee vets just to cut the Brawl ones?
17. Because he'll obviously win the ballot--if Master Sakurai "had a grasp" on Lucas and Roy's popularity, certainly he has a grasp on Wolf's
18. Wolf is an anti-hero--not a lot of people in smash are anti heros
19. Look at how there are no new semi-clones besides the forbidden three which were literally made because they took a little tinkering and couldn't be replaced with a NEW character? Wolf is more unique from Fox than those clones and their respective derivatives--requiring more development time.
20. The only reasons for his cutting in the base game were because he was a semi-clone from Brawl. Mewtwo and Roy were Melee vets cut from Brawl and Lucas was a semi-clone from Brawl. Wolf fits the pattern, too and would be put aside for the same reason as Lucas. Semi-clones and game-skippers leave enough of an impression to merit DLC.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
1. He's Wolf
2. He's got some pretty epic taunts--"What's the matter, scared?" "Howl" "Growl"
3. Lucas and Roy are arguably less known and do not have a game. Why not Wolf?
4. Because he was in Brawl
5. Because his concept has origins back to Melee
6. Because Fox and Wolf are rivals and somewhere out there, there are twins who played as Fox & Wolf, signifying their competition to gain love from their parents. Without Wolf, the Fox-using twin always wins
7. Similar to 3, Wolf is related to an upcoming game and given that Mario Maker is from a post-smash game, this signifies that Sakurai is open to advertising new games.
8. Adding to 4, he's easy to make
9. BECAUSE EVERYONE IS EXPECTING HIM
10. I'm sure he was at least Top 5 in multiple polls
11. Unless Ice Climbers or Snake is coming, the remaining cut Smash Bros veterans that could possibly be announced, causing another "Wolf is coming" misfire is practically zero. :snake::popo: both have their respective difficulties, :pichumelee::younglinkmelee: are arguably forgettable Melee vets, :ivysaur::squirtle: while as iconic as Wolf were part of a gimmick that no longer exists and therefore, they did not survive on their own (opinion).
12. Because Fox was first to fight Ryu in his reveal trailer
13. He has so much support and want
14. (this is for "Wolf = Clone" believers and do not resemble my actual believes) Sakurai put effort to make a third Marth, why not an easier third Fox?
15. Because I said so
16. Why bring back all the Melee vets just to cut the Brawl ones?
17. Because he'll obviously win the ballot--if Master Sakurai "had a grasp" on Lucas and Roy's popularity, certainly he has a grasp on Wolf's
18. Wolf is an anti-hero--not a lot of people in smash are anti heros
19. Look at how there are no new semi-clones besides the forbidden three which were literally made because they took a little tinkering and couldn't be replaced with a NEW character? Wolf is more unique from Fox than those clones and their respective derivatives--requiring more development time.
20. The only reasons for his cutting in the base game were because he was a semi-clone from Brawl. Mewtwo and Roy were Melee vets cut from Brawl and Lucas was a semi-clone from Brawl. Wolf fits the pattern, too and would be put aside for the same reason as Lucas. Semi-clones and game-skippers leave enough of an impression to merit DLC.
Wolf's current state in Smash 4,

Low poly jagged looks worse than his Brawl version model (which looks like a placeholder) complete with his codecs, Fox's "Wolf Flash" (though that could be the translator's fault), a Fox palette swap that has grey fur like Wolf, and 3 different versions of his song, one a new remix.
None of the other cut vets had this crap happen to them why Wolf? We need to restore Wolf to his former Nintendo All-Star glory. He needs to be his own playable character in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, and he needs a smash amiibo, as well as a Mario Maker sprite. #FreeWolf!

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698

Low poly jagged looks worse than his Brawl version model (which looks like a placeholder) complete with his codecs, Fox's "Wolf Flash" (though that could be the translator's fault), a Fox palette swap that has grey fur like Wolf, and 3 different versions of his song, one a new remix.
None of the other cut vets had this crap happen to them why Wolf? We need to restore Wolf to his former Nintendo All-Star glory. He needs to be his own playable character in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, and he needs a smash amiibo, as well as a Mario Maker sprite. #FreeWolf!
Also, his theme is on the soundtrack. It's not just some Venom or Corneria theme music tied to Wolf's name, it's WOLF's theme.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Also, his theme is on the soundtrack. It's not just some Venom or Corneria theme music tied to Wolf's name, it's WOLF's theme.
Roy's hope X3, but at least brawl didn't have a low poly Roy trophy/codec. The treatment of Wolf in smash 4 is another reason people want him back so badly, because it looks like he was treated like crap. If Lucas and Roy can come back, why not Wolf?

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

Oh God i forgot how awful that face looks :crying:
However that lylat cruise codec is another reason why wolf should have his brawl voice. I'd be weird if he had his 64 voice for his playable character, yet still have the brawl voice in the easter eggs.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Oh God i forgot how awful that face looks :crying:
However that lylat cruise codec is another reason why wolf should have his brawl voice. I'd be weird if he had his 64 voice for his playable character, yet still have the brawl voice in the easter eggs.
Yeah if they need to they can just port over his Brawl voice clips, after all his Brawl VA is already in the credits.
That doesn't sound like a good idea, it would attract a lot of haters.
How about peaceful protest at Nintendo HQ? Though if the worst does happen, at least 1 person will riot, its just fact, we live in a world bigger than Ridley if he ate a mega mushroom.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469
So apparently smash 4 dojo collected "all the poll result" and i guess this is the closest to the official poll result as we can get so far. Don't know if its true or not.
If this is true, and actually IS as close we will get to Ballot results, then I'm beyond stoked as a K. Rool supporter. KRUSHING THE KOMPETITION!

Though Wolf is pretty high up there too, and you can pretty much (sadly) ignore Banjo and Kazooie. I doubt Nintendo would go for them due to them being a rival's first party IP. As much as I dream of having the Bear and Bird in the game.

Interesting.

So SF0 is getting delayed. Hopefully they will polish it up and really make it shine, I was very unenthusiastic about how it looked, but I think this will be a good thing.

I hope you lot aren't still hoping for Wolf to coincide with SF0's release because you're going to be waiting a wee bit longer.

Thanks for sharing Chandelure.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Wolf obviously wanted a more polished game.
This is very much for the best. If they felt like it wasn't ready to be released but wanted to rush it out anyway, then it could very well have been panned as a bad game, which is not what Star Fox needs right now, especially after being on such a long hiatus. If SFZ bombs I don't think we'll get another Star Fox again and it will go the way of F-Zero.

I don't want that to happen.

So good job on Miyamoto or whoever's decision ultimately got SFZ delayed, I think it really needed the extra time to work on it.

"Can't let you release that, Miyamoto." :wolf:

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
This is very much for the best. If they felt like it wasn't ready to be released but wanted to rush it out anyway, then it could very well have been panned as a bad game, which is not what Star Fox needs right now, especially after being on such a long hiatus. If SFZ bombs I don't think we'll get another Star Fox again and it will go the way of F-Zero.

I don't want that to happen.

So good job on Miyamoto or whoever's decision ultimately got SFZ delayed, I think it really needed the extra time to work on it.

"Can't let you release that, Miyamoto." :wolf:
For this delay, we should get some nice Wolf character DLC for Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, just to tide us over until the release.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
For this delay, we should get some nice Wolf character DLC for Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, just to tide us over until the release.
Wouldn't that be nice.

Reminds me of a late night snack I got tonight after work.

"Sorry for messing up your order and making you wait 12 minutes, we accidentally put a large fry in your bag. You can keep it. Sorry and thank you!"

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT free fries!

Wolf is our free fries.

Make it happen Sakurai.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
I seriously hope Sakurai doesn't make wolf's blaster slow as hell like falcos. Also hope that the dlc characters have customs.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I seriously hope Sakurai doesn't make wolf's blaster slow as hell like falcos. Also hope that the dlc characters have customs.
Considering that none of the DLC characters we have now possess customs I highly doubt they ever will, or future ones for that matter.

Top Bottom