• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So in June we got Roy/Lucas/Ryu.
Directs happen every 2 months no direct in June because was E3 well we did get one the digital event(sucked ass)

So our next one is in August plus it would be 2 months since Roy/Lucas/Ryu.

I could see Wolf getting announced in August it aint farfectecd at all and we know there is gonna be a direct also that there is gonna be smash news becuase they are said in August 2 N64 Stages are coming and tourney mode.
(Is Tourney mode online by the way?)

Thing is do.you guys think its unreasonable to think that like the other DLC they will be a newcomer along with it...

Remember that Sakurai said all Pre ballot chars are released so basicly you could say they are only developing new characters now.

So is it possible?
Also is it possible that we could get another veteran back like the other DLC we got Lucas & Roy.

Question is no one else is worth bringing back imo unless it Ice climbers ofc for status reasons but Sakurai said they were working on WiiU but refused to add them because the 3DS couldnt handle it to not un favour the 3DS version.?
What are you thoughts?

TL:DR

Do.you think we wil get a newcomer in august alongside if Wolf was announced and do you think we will or Sakurai is working on another veteran aside from wolf and ice climbers?

Truly what i mean:

(Just put Ridley in the game for god sakes)
Pleaseeew !!! :/

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Instead of us mourning him why don't we celebrate his life, his achievements and his legacy? We should be celebrating that he is off to do bigger and better things instead of crying that he's gone.
People process things in different ways. It's impossible to live a happy life free of pain and sadness, because its the pain and sadness that allow us to push forward to what we do want. Seems a tad bit insensitive personally.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
People process things in different ways. It's impossible to live a happy life free of pain and sadness, because its the pain and sadness that allow us to push forward to what we do want. Seems a tad bit insensitive personally.
I hear that..but we all know mourning & depression never helped no one neither did it change anything.

Thats what he meant but i get it. Its ok.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well we can't keep mourning for him forever because it won't make anyone feel better. He would want us to keep moving forward.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I hear that..but we all know mourning & depression never helped no one neither did it change anything.

Thats what he meant but i get it. Its ok.
Depression is a bit much. You mourn for a while and then you move on. If you go to either end of the extreme it's not good of course.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Depression is a bit much. You mourn for a while and then you move on. If you go to either end of the extreme it's not good of course.
I was talking depression and mourning in general.
Im sure people really close to iwata are feeling it.
As so most people do if it was something really emotinal to you

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I was talking depression and mourning in general.
Im sure people really close to iwata are feeling it.
As so most people do if it was something really emotinal to you
That's a given generally speaking.

Directs happen every 2 months no direct in June because was E3 well we did get one the digital event(sucked ***)
It is possible we may not get a Direct in august and it'll just be a Sakurai update like the pre-E3 Smash event. It might be a while before Iwata's replacement is found and how they want to do Directs going forward and whether a month is enough time to prepare for it.

We know Mewtwo was in development prior to launch however if you look at the time since launch and simply divide by the number of characters thats roughly 2-3 months per character so even if they started after E3 it should be enough time since Wolf already has his Brawl assets at the minimum and most likely he wasn't exactly cut but just didn't have enough time to finish him before launch so I'd imagine he would have some files started already.

I could see Wolf getting announced in August it aint farfectecd at all and we know there is gonna be a direct also that there is gonna be smash news becuase they are said in August 2 N64 Stages are coming and tourney mode.
Tourney will be online and local, the local stuff is already pretty much done they are just testing the online side of it before it gets released. August isn't farfetched as you'e mentioned and it's been discussed before the timing of things. We'd expect at the least an announcement something along the lines of a Mewtwo Type promotion if you preorder SFZ. September would probably be the last direct of the year and still be before the release of SFZ so that'd be another good time if we get nothing in August.

Thing is do.you guys think its unreasonable to think that like the other DLC they will be a newcomer along with it...
At this point its hard to say whether we will get anymore newcomers pre-ballot. One more veteran prior to Smash Ballot is more likely.

Remember that Sakurai said all Pre ballot chars are released so basicly you could say they are only developing new characters now.
He never said that. He just said from now on characters will be (fan) service which can be interperted a few ways.

So is it possible?
Also is it possible that we could get another veteran back like the other DLC we got Lucas & Roy.
Yes

Question is no one else is worth bringing back imo unless it Ice climbers ofc for status reasons but Sakurai said they were working on WiiU but refused to add them because the 3DS couldnt handle it to not un favour the 3DS version.?
What are you thoughts?
You have Snake but obviously the Kojima/Konami thing makes that unlikely at this point.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well we can't keep mourning for him forever because it won't make anyone feel better. He would want us to keep moving forward.
He would want us Nintendo fans to get what we want and be happy. He would want Wolf for Smash Bros! Okay, maybe not. But we still need to celebrate his accomplishments and the things he did for the company.

Gattsu

Smash Rookie
NNID
despiarinducing
Add me onto the support list.
Wolf was one of my most used characters in brawl and I would love to pick him up and play him seriously in smash 4.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I wasn't trying to be insensitive in the least bit all I was saying is that we should celebrate what he has done for the industry not mourn him Mr. Iwata made games to be enjoyed and he wants us to be happy but if that's how you take it, go ahead I'm not going to argue different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For once every character support thread is united in a single community of friendship and acceptance. No matter what our opinions on characters, on who should get in, on who has been slighted, or our various other minor complaints, we all know what Iwata did for us. There is no better celebration that that.
RealTalk man...RealTalk....

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I didn't know he had a health problem he always looked so happy and healthy, my condolences goes out to his family and friends and to all who worked with him, may he rest in peace.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I didn't know he had a health problem he always looked so happy and healthy, my condolences goes out to his family and friends and to all who worked with him, may he rest in peace.
Same! I had no idea about his health so this came as a big surprise to me but it's pretty much a surprise to all of us.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Bile duct Cancer. A rare and especially deadly form of cancer. If you manage to catch it early there's a 15% survival rate up to 5 years. If you don't, well, your survival chances go down to 6% or 2%. Iwata's days were numbered ever since he was diagnosed, but instead of stepping down to just enjoy the last few days he had with his family, he continued to work and try to steer Nintendo in a positive direction, all the way up to his deathbed.

It speaks so much of his character as a person.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Directs happen every 2 months no direct in June because was E3 well we did get one the digital event(sucked ***)

So is it possible?

What are you thoughts?

TL:DR

Do.you think we wil get a newcomer in august alongside if Wolf was announced and do you think we will or Sakurai is working on another veteran aside from wolf and ice climbers?

Truly what i mean:

(Just put Ridley in the game for god sakes)
Pleaseeew !!! :/
We got 3 characters released at once, 2 completely out of the blue, anything is possible

Isaac won't be preplanned either, that's for sure.
I think he could be, it's awfully strange that he doesn't appear in the game in any form

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I wonder if Iwata really wanted a particular character in smash. If so, I hope Sakurai makes room for that character to honor him.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If u ever see any data found that says Wolf just like for Roy and Ryu, can you please change the title to
"Icarus Time Is Over Sakurai, Wolf DLC Data Found!"

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
If u ever see any data found that says Wolf just like for Roy and Ryu, can you please change the title to
I think because Roy and Ryu got leaked, the developement team will try much harder to keep Wolf a secret until his reveal.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Icarus?
Small speech,big meaning,words have never been this true

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Which is why a series as small as Kid Icarus gets more reps then a series as influential and well-known as Star Fox. KI would be just fine with just Pit and Palutena. Or even just Pit.
I think that runs with the assumption Wolf was planned to be cut, I think he just wasn't high on the priority list and by then time Sakurai found out about SFZ he wasnt going to make it for launch especially that its a re imagining so he'd want to see what Wolf looks like first so he can at least have a skin if not the main look reflecting SFZ.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Which is why a series as small as Kid Icarus gets more reps then a series as influential and well-known as Star Fox. KI would be just fine with just Pit and Palutena. Or even just Pit.
I would've been fine with Pit and even Dark Pit. I got a small hatred for the stripper named Palutena.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I would've been fine with Pit and even Dark Pit. I got a small hatred for the stripper named Palutena.
Without any major differences to playstyle or properties Dark Pit is unjustified (at starting out as a skin makes that even worse) but if he becomes the next Luigi or Wolf I guess its stomachable for the most part. At least Palutena has a unique moveset and playstyle to her.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To this day, I'll never understand the sheer hatred Dark Pit has gathered, when it's been explicitly stated that the 3 clones are merely bonus content. Dark Pit's inclusion had nothing to do with Wolf's exclusion.

Still, I'd like to see Wolf returning and I've voted for him in the ballot.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
To this day, I'll never understand the sheer hatred Dark Pit has gathered, when it's been explicitly stated that the 3 clones are merely bonus content. Dark Pit's inclusion had nothing to do with Wolf's exclusion.
No-one's explicity stating Dark Pit *stole* Wolf's spot or anything like that.

It's just disappointing that for a series that has had one game in 25 years with no real information on anything more in future has more reps then one of Nintendo's more beloved series (DK *and* Star Fox) that's had a game on almost every console and handheld to date.

The "extra/bonus" quote from Sakurai is nonsense. Firstly these characters started out as Skins so they weren't intended to be their own character however with the resources Sakurai had and the limited time prior to launch he needed to pad out the roster a bit since they didn't get to complete everyone they actually wanted to. This happens every Smash game. Real characters that werent ready or finished got pushed back to DLC while Dr Mario and friends got elevated up because it was quick and easy.

These characters are apparently important enough to have their own slots but not important enough for any effort to be put in for them to have any actual differences beyond minor and trivial ones is an insult to fans of these characters and everyone else.

With the DLC being a thing they could have kept these characters as their intended skin roles and then used made more stuff over time. Although the good news is that Smash 5 has the potential to expand upon the customisation options Smash 4 has with custom standard attacks and character properties that will allow these characters to live out their intended role.

tl;dr - Disappointed mostly. Could have had different play styles with a few more tweaks (Falco, Luigi etc..).

Last edited:
Top Bottom