• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
3DS version only has 680-something. Those particular trophies used to be somewhat common for me though.
But it was a joke, hence my 'lol''. -_-

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I think I have Wolf trophies on both 3DS and Wii U so ill have to go check and report whether they are gone or not.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think I have Wolf trophies on both 3DS and Wii U so ill have to go check and report whether they are gone or not.
It doesn't disappear if you already have them, though if you don't have :4lucas::4mewtwo::wolf: on 3DS see if you can't get them, as they are necessary for trophy box completion on Wii U.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
Wolf's trophy is still obtainable. I just managed to get a Wolf trophy when I was playing Trophy Rush on the 3DS while playing as Lucas.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know that Mewtwo and Lucas's trophies are still attainable; I've gotten them through Trophy Rush since the update was released. I can't say anything about Wolf's for sure, but I don't see why his trophy would be removed.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Those trophies are 100% fake. Source: I have the update, they aren't in there. If that isn't enough proof, RandomTalkingBush tweeted that they were fake, and explained that they used the same exact trophy base as Ryu's Final Smash (the trophy bases are unique per trophy as they try to make as much use of the space as possible). So....it doesn't really matter what the guy is saying, as it has no factual basis.

Anyway, here's a translation of what he says: (#73)
ウルフはフィギュアが更新ででないから逆に参戦可能性あり
こどもリンクとピチューはフィギュアででたから
参戦しないと予測できる
だったら何故ミュウツーのフィギュアが事前にあったかって言う話しになるが……
もしもこどもリンクやピチューが参戦してウルフもするならフィギュアが出るはずではないか…?"
Because Wolf's trophy is not included the update, it means that he's more likely to become a fighter.
Young Link and Pichu have a trophy so that means they are not planned to be fighters.
If that's the case, then you might ask yourself, why did Mewtwo have a trophy before becoming a fighter...
If Young Link and Pichu become a fighter, wouldn't that mean that Wolf would have to have a trophy in order become a fighter too?

Original 2chan thread where this comes from

Also, some of the "support" that you are counting from this thread are merely people stating that Wolf is popular abroad. Some people are saying he is a shoo-in. But...I see a lot more direct "votes" for Arle Nadja than Wolf. One of the comments (#98) even said, "When they announce Wolf, they can sneak Arle Nadja in." This might be because a lot of people still consider him a shoo-in...so they aren't explicitly stating their support. Instead, they are expressing support for newcomers. A Monster Hunter rep is also popular, and Cloud (Final Fantasy) had some support. Someone suggested Slime riding a Chocobo, lol (#69).

Before this get's reposted somewhere else, and without any context: I haven't really looked into who Japan wants with the newest data, this is only the data from one thread. Do not take it as Arle Nadja > Wolf, as I'm sure Japan still wants cut veterans > newcomers. It's just one point of data, and isn't meant to be conclusive.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Those trophies are 100% fake. Source: I have the update, they aren't in there. If that isn't enough proof, RandomTalkingBush tweeted that they were fake, and explained that they used the same exact trophy base as Ryu's Final Smash (the trophy bases are unique per trophy as they try to make as much use of the space as possible). So....it doesn't really matter what the guy is saying, as it has no factual basis.

こどもリンクとピチューはフィギュアででたから
参戦しないと予測できる
Because Wolf's trophy is not included the update, it means that he's more likely to become a fighter.
Young Link and Pichu have a trophy so that means they are not planned to be fighters.
If that's the case, then you might ask yourself, why did Mewtwo have a trophy before becoming a fighter...
If Young Link and Pichu become a fighter, wouldn't that mean that Wolf would have to have a trophy in order become a fighter too?

Also, some of the "support" that you are counting from this thread are merely people stating that Wolf is popular abroad. Some people are saying he is a shoo-in. But...I see a lot more direct "votes" for Arle Nadja than Wolf. One of the comments (#98) even said, "When they announce Wolf, they can sneak Arle Nadja in." This might be because a lot of people still consider him a shoo-in...so they aren't explicitly stating their support. Instead, they are expressing support for newcomers. A Monster Hunter rep is also popular, and Cloud (Final Fantasy) had some support. Someone suggested Slime riding a Chocobo, lol (#69).

Before this get's reposted somewhere else, and without any context: I haven't really looked into who Japan wants with the newest data, this is only the data from one thread. Do not take it as Arle Nadja > Wolf, as I'm sure Japan still wants cut veterans > newcomers. It's just one point of data, and isn't meant to be conclusive.
Ah, thanks for the clarifications.

For Wolf being deemed as shoo-in... yeah, I noticed. I still see some comments about wanting Wolf to return though. Maybe not in this thread, since the 2chan thread gets spread through several "matome" sites and people gave more comments on it.

"What about the chance of Goku?" (#79)
"Extremely low". (#84)​

When people say "Wolf has high demand", I just assumed that they meant Wolf is having good support in Japan, if not worldwide.
I'm quite surprised no one has doubted about Wolf's chances since the famitsu article... They had replied on it, and I still see "Wolf and someone else" quite consistently.

Of course I can't read through every media to know what's happening, so my research can only be so limited. I see no polls about DLC yet, only one very small, which had Wolf with 2 vote. So that's not accurate of course :troll:

I've also found comments about how Wolf is a "clone". While the Japanese don't have a specific term for semi-clone (I have only seen "コンパチ" so far, which is used for Falco-Fox and Marth-Lucina so I suppose they treat them as the same), I still see ~3 comments about Wolf being a "コンパチ" of Fox, including one I've seen in Sourcegaming reposts on these threads. (iirc)

While I'm not sure about the one in Sourcegaming, one is used probably as an counterargument to someone who said "LOL 3RD MARTH CLONE", and one as a point to support Krystal (As in "Wolf is a clone, Krystal won't be". They do share some opinions with some typical Krystal supporters here...).

Anyway, I think I should stop translating stuff. Look at that mess I've caused lol

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

こどもリンクとピチューはフィギュアででたから
参戦しないと予測できる

Please

Please

Tell me some evil leaker did not datamined enough again.

(Asking everyone here this question.)

Oh by the way another piece of evidence sakurai listens to the fans

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/2...-from-smash-if-couldnt-use-old-school-design/

Namco wanted it to be ghostly adventures design but sakurai refused and forbidded that.

He even threated to cut pac-man from that

In other words he saids "classic/retro pac-man that everyone prefers or I'm going to cut pac-man from the game."

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Please

Please

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/2...-from-smash-if-couldnt-use-old-school-design/

Namco wanted it to be ghostly adventures design but sakurai refused and forbidded that.

In other words he saids "classic/retro pac-man that everyone prefers or I'm going to cut pac-man from the game."
Hmm,cool

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Please

Please

Yeah, I'm glad Sakurai used Pac-Man's old design instead of the Ghostly Adventures one. A lot of characters that get major redesigns don't look that good.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

Please

Please

That in my opinion was a good call by Sakurai. I wouldn't see Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man not mixing in at all, but the retro design has some significants at least. Knowing Sakurai, he is trying to use the designs of the characters that made them more recognizable.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm terribly sorry I haven't posted here in quite a while. Lots of stuff has been going on and I've been practicing endlessly with the recently released characters, but that aside, I'll say what I think about what has happened regarding recently and Wolf's fate.

So E3 came and ended, and while we didn't get Wolf, I'm still fully confident he's gonna get in. He's easily one of, if not the most requested veteran currently, and with Lucas back and Sakurai saying it's just gonna be fan service from here on with the DLC characters, I would honestly be surprised if Wolf didn't come back. He said himself he doesn't like cutting characters and only does so if absolutely necessary, and I'm pretty sure he has to have noticed how highly requested and popular Wolf is. His chances are still extremely high, so let's not lose hope.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I'm terribly sorry I haven't posted here in quite a while. Lots of stuff has been going on and I've been practicing endlessly with the recently released characters, but that aside, I'll say what I think about what has happened regarding recently and Wolf's fate.

So E3 came and ended, and while we didn't get Wolf, I'm still fully confident he's gonna get in. He's easily one of, if not the most requested veteran currently, and with Lucas back and Sakurai saying it's just gonna be fan service from here on with the DLC characters, I would honestly be surprised if Wolf didn't come back. He said himself he doesn't like cutting characters and only does so if absolutely necessary, and I'm pretty sure he has to have noticed how highly requested and popular Wolf is. His chances are still extremely high, so let's not lose hope.
You deserve a reward

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

こどもリンクとピチューはフィギュアででたから
参戦しないと予測できる

So how much support in Japan does Wolf have? What's the Japanese Miiverse like? Also don't forget to spend your club Nintendo coins before June 30th.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
For the PacMan information it comes from my blog. I edited that sentence :p
I'm not sure why "news" sites are incapable of simple research and attribution.
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/800/
The Heihachi information is there too.

So how much support in Japan does Wolf have? What's the Japanese Miiverse like? Also don't forget to spend your club Nintendo coins before June 30th.
I'm sure he does have support, I'm not sure of Japanese Miiverse; will take a quick peak later. Uhhhhhhh thanks for reminding me. Need to figure out what to get.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
If Wolf were to make it, what changes do you think/would you like to see? I really hope they keep his bair, although Falco is using it in this game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Wolf is a clone, then he's a clone. If he's a semi-clone, then he's a semi-clone. If he's not a clone nor a semi-clone, then he's not a clone nor a semi-clone.

I mean really, I don't give a **** about whether or not Wolf fits into the "clone" category, all that matters to me is seeing him make a comeback as a DLC fighter.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
If Wolf is a clone, then he's a clone. If he's a semi-clone, then he's a semi-clone. If he's not a clone nor a semi-clone, then he's not a clone nor a semi-clone.

I mean really, I don't give a **** about whether or not Wolf fits into the "clone" category, all that matters to me is seeing him make a comeback as a DLC fighter.
If Wolf was a true clone like Dark Pit or Doctor Mario, that would heavily hurt his chances. His unique non-clone playstyle is one of the bigger factors in him coming back in addition to him being the anti-hero/villian/rival representation for Star Fox. Even the most popular of true clones within the series have had a hard time in the overall popularity contest and a lot of true clones and semi clones have gone down to semi clone or non clone which is a big enough change to justify their existence.

I'd love to see Wolf back also, however if he was originally just a true clone that'd be a huge insult. Look at Dark Pit and Doctor Mario. No-body wants them, their true clone status is a reason, the fact these characters are nothing to anyone is another.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If Wolf was a true clone like Dark Pit or Doctor Mario, that would heavily hurt his chances. His unique non-clone playstyle is one of the bigger factors in him coming back in addition to him being the anti-hero/villian/rival representation for Star Fox. Even the most popular of true clones within the series have had a hard time in the overall popularity contest and a lot of true clones and semi clones have gone down to semi clone or non clone which is a big enough change to justify their existence.

I'd love to see Wolf back also, however if he was originally just a true clone that'd be a huge insult. Look at Dark Pit and Doctor Mario. No-body wants them, their true clone status is a reason, the fact these characters are nothing to anyone is another.
Quote from people who love Dr. Mario-
"Dr. Mario is a semi-clone, his Down B is different."

Me in response-
"Still a clone."

I think Wolf can be classified as the least semi-clonish character but still a semi-clone. Maybe he's a quarter-clone (I'm coining the phrase) where he still has moves similar to Fox but is hugely different. I personally want to see most of his specials changed and his Final Smash changed from ****ING LANDMASTER to Star Wolf.

shane3x

Saint of Swords

Me in response-
"Still a clone."

I think Wolf can be classified as the least semi-clonish character but still a semi-clone. Maybe he's a quarter-clone (I'm coining the phrase) where he still has moves similar to Fox but is hugely different. I personally want to see most of his specials changed and his Final Smash changed from ****ING LANDMASTER to Star Wolf.
There is a difference when trying to use Doctor Mario and Mario to try to group Wolf into any variant of the clone category. Doctor Mario's Down B is Mario's old Down B and his Current Down Aerial. Everything else is almost identical minus value tweaks.

Is Wolf's specials variants of Fox's specials? Yes, in the category of luigification. Is his standard aerial and ground moveset? No. Do his properties such as weight, speed etc... make him play similar to Fox? No

Wolf is the least clone character out of any true/semi clone pair in the entire series: http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Toomai/Cloneosity

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
There is a difference when trying to use Doctor Mario and Mario to try to group Wolf into any variant of the clone category. Doctor Mario's Down B is Mario's old Down B and his Current Down Aerial. Everything else is almost identical minus value tweaks.

Is Wolf's specials variants of Fox's specials? Yes, in the category of luigification. Is his standard aerial and ground moveset? No. Do his properties such as weight, speed etc... make him play similar to Fox? No

Wolf is the least clone character out of any true/semi clone pair in the entire series: http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Toomai/Cloneosity
Can he be a quarter clone than? I still want those specials changed...

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Can he be a quarter clone than? I still want those specials changed...
I guess if you had to technically classify it. Dont think the term will pick up since it really deviates from the purpose of words true/semi clone. Wolf's specials are variants of Fox's yes, does that make him a clone? I wouldn't say so. Originally back when Wolf first came out I thought "Man why are these specials so similar to Fox's why don't they change them".

Now I'd only be in favour of changing them if they did it in the style of Project M where the moves produce the same result and have the same purpose but are just different somehow.

In Project M his Dash attack backflip kick is replaced with a swiping upperclaw attack, essentially the same move but the benefit is that rather then slowing down he keeps his momentum and it looks different.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy returned from Melee.
Only Lucas returned from Brawl.

Just saying we might see more than just one more cut Brawl char. And hopefully, Wolf would be one of them for sure.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy returned from Melee.
Only Lucas returned from Brawl.

Just saying we might see more than just one more cut Brawl char. And hopefully, Wolf would be one of them for sure.
Tecnically, all the other veterans are from Brawl.
But getting serious, I would say that both Snake and Wolf deserves (and have the best chance) to join Lucas and return in Smash.

Logo12

Smash Lord

Me in response-
"Still a clone."

Still not a semi-clone.

Because when you count then as one, then you simply implied that Kirby and Jigglypuff (32%) is also semi clone. Oh and 64 Samus-CF too (29%).

Also for making up a new term, it's better not do that, since there are just TOO MANY dud-pairs that has a similarity above Wolf-Fox.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
a few future-dlc related stuff here:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpDKnwzA
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpS_b19Q
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpCvM8oQ

Dared not to translate (and misguide everyone again), but I'll pick some highlight later.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
So it's almost 80% of people still thinking Wolf will make it because he's a veteran.
But what if he just doesn't come back? :D
R.O.A. Rest On Arwings, Wolf...

fa7.png

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ugh, now I'm having second thoughts on getting Star Fox Zero. I personally can't see myself dividing my attention between the TV and the Gamepad screen. I mean, the Gamepad is useful for when you want to play games while someone else is watching TV but having to have the two of them together just to play a game just doesn't sound all too nice. I was really hoping for Pro controller compatibility. :ohwell:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
So it's almost 80% of people still thinking Wolf will make it because he's a veteran.
But what if he just doesn't come back? :D
R.O.A. Rest On Arwings, Wolf...

View attachment 59162
I don't think that would ever happen but if it did he'd easily be a high chance contender for a Smash 5. I mean hey if Doctor Mario can skip a game then a legitimate character like Wolf can return, Mewtwo did it in this game already.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Top Bottom