• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I believe that "from now until the end" does mark the beginning of development for the ballot characters. But that statement doesn't rule out that maybe a character (Wolf) or two were started on during Roy/Ryu development before the ballot or at the very start. We can't assume those 2 slots are definite pre-ballot spots, however. They just could be. We need to keep voting and campaigning to make sure he has the best chance at making a comeback.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Very funny, POKEMAN! I guess I could have used this, but hey; what can you do?

BTW, about Sakurai saying the "from now on, it is fan service" thing, well, Sakurai has been known for trolling with the fans, like when he said that Mewtwo was the only DLC being made back then and that there were no plans for other DLC, only for that to change with Lucas being revealed and the Smash ballot announced, among other things. Do you think it is possible that he could be trolling us with the "from now on, it's fan service" thing and that there could actually be one or two more preplanned characters left?
making unpopular characters DLC is bad business

shane3x

Saint of Swords
So far I think we'd get Wolf and one new character never before seen in Smash from the Ballot. Wii U is already quite bare and will only get worse After E3 2016 and based on each previous hardware generation lifecycle 2017 is when we are due for the next generation from Nintendo. Wolf is popular so probably would classify as fan service (and of course the many other reasons as shown in sig) and of course they'd want at least one poster boy from the Vote who is new.

They'd save the other suggestions for possible inclusions in Smash 5 if and when it comes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
you said Sakurai might lie about only doing fan favourite characters
THAT is NOT what I meant. I meant that Sakurai could have some more preplanned characters outside the ballot, at least two. That doesn't mean he won't do fan favorites. I am saying he could be trolling with us about having finished with the preplanned characters and only the fan service ones remain now. You understand what I mean?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
THAT is NOT what I meant. I meant that Sakurai could have some more preplanned characters outside the ballot, at least two. That doesn't mean he won't do fan favorites. I am saying he could be trolling with us about having finished with the preplanned characters and only the fan service ones remain now. You understand what I mean?
He didn't say he was done. Nor did he say there were any left. He simply said that from now on, fan favourite characters are going to happen

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He didn't say he was done. Nor did he say there were any left. He simply said that from now on, fan favourite characters are going to happen
So sue me sis. It was just something I thought of. Plus, whether or not there are remaining preplanned characters, I am sure they could be working on ballot characters now given what the article said. But the could still have some preplanned characters to show while they are working on the ballot ones, if there are any, of course.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Guess you guys know about this...

I dont think its a problem tbh keep your head up guys RealTalk listen.
You know Sakurai is always trying to cram as many chars in every smash he makes as most as possible thats why we always have clones because they are cram ins.

Minus 3 or 4 clones is still not enough time to equal 1 newcomer.

Wolf will made easy because they have his data from a previous smash just like Roy.

What Sakurai meant is they are no more chars that were pre planned before the ballot now..

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
They were all pre planned

From now on they are no more pre planned and all chars from now on will be from the ballot people are voting for Wolf highly he is like top 5 voted and knowing Sakurai aims to please as in to cram as many chars possible Wolf imo is even more of a shoe in aswell as K.Rool.

He will add Wolf in for free etc/ ad cherry on top trust me he wont let Wolf go i promise

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai NEVER, EVER stated that pre-ballot was over.

He never even said from now until the end was fan-service. He said from now until the end is "service". It does not necessarily mean fan service, especially since in Japan apparently that has a different meaning.

Even if he did mean fan service, Wolf still has lots of supporters. Wolf still is in the top 5, probably even top 3 right now.

He never said the rest were ballot characters either. He never said that. He simply said, or at least we infer, he said they were fan service. That... that is what all the characters so far, besides Ryu, were...

Facts that we know:
-Wolf is popular
-Wolf would be a great addition (or at least most people who use the right definition of clone think this)
-No ballot characters are revealed
-No one has said at all that pre-ballot is over
-All Sakurai has said is that all of them from now until the end are "service", which many people have for some reason jumped to the conclusion that this automatically means that the pre-ballot stage is over
-Something will happen in August, we know that Tourney is coming, we know that new stages are coming, so maybe we will see Wolf... or the first ballot character... or both?

Don't give up yet, the circumstances have barely changed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I posted this on the news thread that was posted yesterday. Basically, it's how I predict DLC will go down until the end of the year.

August Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for Snake
- Reveal trailer for the IC's (or someone else depending on 3DS limitations)
- Both characters become playable immediately like with Lucas/Roy/Ryu
- Shadow Moses Island and Icicle Mountain are released alongside their returns
- Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle are also released.
- Saffron City revealed but not released
- Tournament mode finally gets released
- Announcement of Adventure Mode (similar to Melee's one)
- More Amiibo's and stuff

October Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for Wolf and announcement of a release date for him close to Star Fox Zero's launch date
- Saffron City is released
- Announcement of 3 Melee stages (Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, and Fourside)
- A look at how Adventure Mode will be like
- Smash Ballot ends and Sakurai reveals K. Rool and Isaac (similar to how Mewtwo was revealed) won because of their humongous fan support. A release date of late December is announced for both of them.
- More Amiibo's

December Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for K. Rool
- 3 Melee stages mentioned above get released immediately after the Direct.
- Adventure Mode released
- Reveal trailer for Isaac along with a release of a Golden Sun Stage
- Announcement of both characters being released immediately after the direct
- Custom Moves for all DLC characters are released
- Palutena's Guidance and Snake's Codecs for all characters including DLC ones
- Amiibo's for any characters without them at that point of time
- DLC is officially finished and Sakurai thanks fans for playing Super Smash Bros

I think 5 characters (1 of which wouldn't take much time developing) would still qualify as "several". Theirs a lot of things in there that are wishful thinking (like an adventure mode and DLC customs) but I think my character predictions (except maybe the IC's) have a good chance of happening. Having Snake and the IC's (or an easy to make semi-clone veteran if the IC's are out of the question) released in August, Wolf released in November, and the 2 ballot characters in December can be a likely scenario.

As for Wolf, the only reason why I think he's not in the game is because Nintendo probably wants him released when Star Fox Zero gets released in the Holiday season (hence him getting revealed in October is likely). My personal theory is that Wolf has been in development for a long time (spread out in the course of like 6 months) and the dev team is just waiting for October to reveal him as it will be really close to SF-Zero's release date.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I posted this on the news thread that was posted yesterday. Basically, it's how I predict DLC will go down until the end of the year.

August Nintendo Direct

October Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for Wolf and announcement of a release date for him close to Star Fox Zero's launch date
- Smash Ballot ends and Sakurai reveals K. Rool and Isaac (similar to how Mewtwo was revealed) won because of their humongous fan support. A release date of late December is announced for both of them.
- More Amiibo's

December Nintendo Direct

- DLC is officially finished and Sakurai thanks fans for playing Super Smash Bros

I think 5 characters (1 of which wouldn't take much time developing) would still qualify as "several". Theirs a lot of things in there that are wishful thinking (like an adventure mode and DLC customs) but I think my character predictions (except maybe the IC's) have a good chance of happening. Having Snake and the IC's (or an easy to make semi-clone veteran if the IC's are out of the question) released in August, Wolf released in November, and the 2 ballot characters in December can be a likely scenario.

As for Wolf, the only reason why I think he's not in the game is because Nintendo probably wants him released when Star Fox Zero gets released in the Holiday season (hence him getting revealed in October is likely). My personal theory is that Wolf has been in development for a long time (spread out in the course of like 6 months) and the dev team is just waiting for October to reveal him as it will be really close to SF-Zero's release date.
This looks like a leak tho,And there will be no more amiibo until the last DLC character drops,unless for AC:Amiibo party,and if the Ice Climbers DO come back,everyone will lose their minds,and this looks pretty legit

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

August Nintendo Direct

October Nintendo Direct

- More Amiibo's

December Nintendo Direct

Oh no no no no no

Ice climbers is done sakurai said himself hardware limitations and he doesn't see IC as a very popular series

Its wolf that will be revealed instead of the ice climbers

And as for snake i would love that but theres a few problems

1 kojima has nothing to do with smash 4 (unless theres enough votes and reasonings ofcoarse.)

2 metal gear is not really nintendo anymore just like what happened with banjo and kazooie (but he is still 3rd party due to the past.)

3 how is snake going to get all of those codecs for all of the newcomers and veterans that were not in brawl.
(Ps if snake gets a special codec for all characters including dlc they better make a 1$ dlc for the dlc characters guidence on palutenas temple.)

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
I sense high levels of :salt: in here...

Honestly, may to much Salt for my taste.
No seriously, some of us are salty, because our biggest hope for Wolf being pre ballot is pretty much crushed. The guys (or group) who did the translation tried to explain, why he thinks pre ballot is over and we have some people who won´t accept it. So we salty, sis. :/

I think he is right, Wolf chancs aren´t 0% but he isn´t a shoe in at this point. Better get back to voting. Every day.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Honestly, may to much Salt for my taste.
No seriously, some of us are salty, because our biggest hope for Wolf being pre ballot is pretty much crushed. The guys (or group) who did the translation tried to explain, why he thinks pre ballot is over and we have some people who won´t accept it. So we salty, sis. :/

I think he is right, Wolf chancs aren´t 0% but he isn´t a shoe in at this point. Better get back to voting. Every day.
Exactly

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Sakurai is known to mislead people with what he says. i wouldn't doubt that Wolf, Snake and even the Ice Climbers are in development right now, especially since we already have veterans like Lucas, Mewtwo, and Roy. Along with another 3rd party character are in.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
Sakurai is known to mislead people with what he says. i wouldn't doubt that Wolf, Snake and even the Ice Climbers are in development right now, especially since we already have veterans like Lucas, Mewtwo, and Roy. Along with another 3rd party character are in.
We already know that Ice Climbers are cut due to 3DS limitations, but I believe that Wolf has a high chance of coming back due to fan popularity and low development time. All we can do right now is place our votes on him and see if Sakurai decides to bring him back just like Lucas, who made it back based on fan popularity.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

August Nintendo Direct

October Nintendo Direct

- More Amiibo's

December Nintendo Direct

Eh...way to much wishful thinking imo.

This is like Wishlist level..imo.
I agree with some and some of it will happen but not that many stages and i doubt snake and adventure mode...

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

August Nintendo Direct

October Nintendo Direct

- More Amiibo's

December Nintendo Direct

Just saying, that a little too much of high hoping for all of that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We already know that Ice Climbers are cut due to 3DS limitations, but I believe that Wolf has a high chance of coming back due to fan popularity and low development time. All we can do right now is place our votes on him and see if Sakurai decides to bring him back just like Lucas, who made it back based on fan popularity.
Not wolf related

And heres the best part for wolf votes

It won't damage king k rool nor isaac chances for post-ballot playables at all.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I really don't think this means anything for Wolf, honestly. If the August Direct comes and goes with no mention of him, THEN we can get worried.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm waiting till the next Direct, at least. If he doesn't show up then, I will be worried.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Just to keep you guys in a somewhat 50%-50% mood.
Keep voting for Wolf in the Ballot. Let your voices be heard.
But Remember that the following are fan-service.
Tell me they aren't
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:
Ryu isn'- wait...
oh...

Still, I worry about this point, because Sakurai just picked someone who looked much less popular in polls, and someone almost nonexistence from the word of fans.

Because if hes not shown in august

People are suddenly going to relize wolf is not a lock anymore

And then people will panic and start throwing votes for wolf.
Well I suppose some already noticed.

They were happy about it.

I'm waiting till the next Direct, at least. If he doesn't show up then, I will be worried.
Heh, I felt worried as soon as Roy and Ryu is leaked...

For some reason I feel like Sakurai is trying to troll us, until we all think Wolf has lost his chance and stuff... May be too optimistic, or whatever.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly don't think Wolf is going to be revealed until October (worst case scenario November) really. If Nintendo wanted him released early than that, they would have done so. The fact that they haven't shows me that their only waiting to release him around the same time Star Fox Zero releases (for promotional reasons I guess).

This sorta reminds me of the time when Ike was revealed in Brawl and Marth was no where to be seen for months. People honestly thought Marth wouldn't make the cut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom