• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
In the first post,in the comments he said KONAMI,could this mean that Snake will return
Nah, they do notice that the relation of Nintendo and Konami is bad, so they don't see Snake returning so easily.

One mistakenly said Snake is from Namco, that's why the NINTENDO63 corrected him.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpDKnwzA
Highlights:​
This is about "Who do you think will be the next DLC"
6 out of 9 comments mentioned Wolf
"Wolf has differences from Fox, and is also popular"
"King K Rool is also likely due to him being popular in the Western community"
"Snake may happen if Namco* and Nintendo remained peaceful"​
*: The author (amo-san) has mistaken Snake being from Namco. This was later corrected.
"Nintendo and Namco's issues are resolved few years earlier."

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpS_b19Q
This is about "Is Snake likely"
2 out of 6 comments mentioned Wolf
"[Snake] and Wolf too! Though I have a feeling they will make Shadow instead..."
"Due to something about Nintendo and Konami's agreement having ended, Snake is hopeless..."
"It's due to the relation between Nintendo and Konami being cut, isn't it... Dunno about Wolf tho"​
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpCvM8oQ
This is about "Who do you want as DLC"
9 out of 57 comments mentioned Wolf
"I want Wolf but he doesn't seem likely"*
"You can get Wolf by giving Fox the customs (and color)"**
"For now, I still don't understand why Dart Pit can join. I still want some returning veterans. I want Wolf and Ice Climbers"​
*: I suppose that was because of the article from Sakurai.
**: Another "casual's perspective" of Wolf. He later added "You can make Lucas from Ness too tho lol"
I just feel like to share, because in a way it's too funny:
"シャベルマン(名前こうだっけ…?)" "Shovelman (His name is something like that...?)"
This came from the same guy who said something about Ness/Fox customs tho.

Last edited:

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390
The ballot is probably your last chance Wolf. And I kinda doubt that you'll win. Good luck. I think you'll need it.

Last edited:

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390
He won't win but he's one of the most voted veterans. :)
He may not be playable but I'd be happy that I'm not the only one that wanted him back.
I would like Wolf back. Just for those who did like him. Sure I want Rundas in, but I'm not so petty to ignore other people who like him.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The ballot is probably your last chance Wolf. And I kinda doubt that you'll win. Good luck. I think you'll need it.
I honestly believe that Wolf has the best shot of anyone to get into Smash, assuming the 2 Pre-Ballot/4 Ballot theory is true, Wolf is practically guaranteed. Even if it's 2 more characters total, I could see Wolf and the Ballot Winner and this all assumes Wolf doesn't even need the Ballot. If he does, he's still amongst the most highest voted alongside K. Rool.

"King K Rool is also likely due to him being popular in the Western community"
HELL YEAH!

Last edited:

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390
I honestly believe that Wolf has the best shot of anyone to get into Smash, assuming the 2 Pre-Ballot/4 Ballot theory is true, Wolf is practically guaranteed. Even if it's 2 more characters total, I could see Wolf and the Ballot Winner and this all assumes Wolf doesn't even need the Ballot. If he does, he's still amongst the most highest voted alongside K. Rool.
We've had 4 pre ballot: :4feroy::4ryu::4mewtwo::4lucas:
So 4 post ballot would make sense. It's basically a popularity contest and veterans are being voted for a lot so I expect at least one vet to be in the ballot.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Assuming the ballot is worldwide, isn't Wolf the most wanted character in Japan as of now(being that :4lucas: actually made it in and was their most wanted character prior to his inclusion with Wolf just trailing him)? We still got that going for us, right?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I really don't think pre-ballot is up yet guys. Lucas and Wolf (and possibly Mewtwo and Roy, as they were slated for Brawl,) were most likely planned to be part of the base game, but were low priority. If this is the case, there is NO REASON Wolf wouldn't show up here. If Sakurai had a grasp on Lucas and Roy's popularity, and obviously Mewtwo's, then he likely has a grasp on Wolf's as well. Just wait and see, don't go jumping to conclusions.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
"I have been informed that all Wolf fans are Sony bots In disguise. As such, I have used our DLC fund to construct a time machine to erase Wolf from Smash history. Also, all DLC is cancelled, including the ones you bought." -Sakurai

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
"I have been informed that all Wolf fans are Sony bots In disguise. As such, I have used our DLC fund to construct a time machine to erase Wolf from Smash history. Also, all DLC is cancelled, including the ones you bought." -Sakurai
What?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well July is almost here, I'm not sure what's gonna happen, but hopefully we get a character announced to release in August this month.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
It's probably expected very little will happen during July for Smash news and content. Maybe we'll get another article from Sakurai or something but yeah August is the most likely time for something substantial.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly don't see why people can't take in to consideration of the possibility that the last 2 characters that were in the game's files to be pre-ballot characters. If Sakurai wasn't willing to tell us that Roy and Ryu were going to be in the game without the ballot, why wouldn't he do the same thing with characters like Wolf and Snake who have the best chances out of all the vets? Sakurai has shown with Lucas that he can work on a character for a long time and not release them for a while (Lucas was pretty much finished in early April and wasn't released in mid June) so I would say the possibility of Wolf (and Snake as well) being in the game could be pretty high and for all we know Sakurai could have these 2 characters close to completion and thus have more time to work 3 potential ballot characters over the course of the Summer and Fall.

It's probably expected very little will happen during July for Smash news and content. Maybe we'll get another article from Sakurai or something but yeah August is the most likely time for something substantial.
Yeah, I probably think were not going to be seeing any DLC released until a future Nintendo Direct around mid August and the only thing we'll have related to Smash Bros is the Famitsu article he usually does every month.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I honestly don't see why people can't take in to consideration of the possibility that the last 2 characters that were in the game's files to be pre-ballot characters. If Sakurai wasn't willing to tell us that Roy and Ryu were going to be in the game without the ballot, why wouldn't he do the same thing with characters like Wolf and Snake who have the best chances out of all the vets? Sakurai has shown with Lucas that he can work on a character for a long time and not release them for a while (Lucas was pretty much finished in early April and wasn't released in mid June) so I would say the possibility of Wolf (and Snake as well) being in the game could be pretty high and for all we know Sakurai could have these 2 characters close to completion and thus have more time to work 3 potential ballot characters over the course of the Summer and Fall.
I think its pretty 50/50 at this point whether the last 2 slots are pre-ballot or not. Plenty of evidence and quotes for both sides at the moment. Snake might be popular but his chances of coming back are not that high. Kojima was the main reason for his inclusion in Brawl and him and Konami aren't exactly on good terms at the moment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I probably think were not going to be seeing any DLC released until a future Nintendo Direct around mid August and the only thing we'll have related to Smash Bros is the Famitsu article he usually does every month.
I can deal with August, but not mid-August. I would like it to happen earlier than that. Just saying.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
To be perfectly honest, if Wolf was the only DLC character, I think I would have been satisfied.

But ah well. As long as we eventually get him, then that just means we get Wolf and this other stuff. A bonus for me.

I am not worried about Wolf yet. Wait till August. If we don't know by then, then you might wanna be worried, but for now, I see no reason to.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think its pretty 50/50 at this point whether the last 2 slots are pre-ballot or not. Plenty of evidence and quotes for both sides at the moment. Snake might be popular but his chances of coming back are not that high. Kojima was the main reason for his inclusion in Brawl and him and Konami aren't exactly on good terms at the moment.
True though I like to be optimistic about their chances. After all, I do find it odd that there was 5 placeholder files in the game in 1.0.6. when the Ballot just started so getting 2 vets in August would really be great and dismiss the theory of the last 2 spots being for ballot characters. Wolf not getting released in August would confirm my theory of Nintendo not wanting to release him until around the time of Star Fox Zero's release which I would rather not do that late in the year though I could see why Nintendo would want to cross promote the games like that.

As for Snake, people are doubting him a bit too much IMO. Konami expressed support for Snake being in Smash Bros when they re-tweeted a support tweet from someone showing that their willing to work with Nintendo to get him in the game. We don't know the circumstances of Snake not being in the game so for all we know he could have been low priority or Nintendo and Konami couldn't come to agreement before but have come to one now and are ready to put him in the game. He and Wolf are the most popular vets remaining so bringing those 2 back would mean big business for Nintendo.

I can deal with August, but not mid-August. I would like it to happen earlier than that. Just saying.
I actually meant early August lol. Would also work well as my birthday is also around that exact same time so that would be a great birthday present getting Wolf and Snake back lol.

I also had a theory that Smash Bros would be apart of 3 separate Directs. One in early August potentially revealing Snake, one in mid October revealing Wolf and K. Rool, and a final one in late December revealing Isaac and Bandana Dee to officially end DLC for Smash 4.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
To be really honest. My choice was "Wolf and nothing else" in April. I seriously was disgusted by the campaigns since many if not most of them are just cat fighting with other campaigns, criticizing the other choices, especially with all those clone shenanigans.

Later in May, I started accepting some more popular choices, but still retained the strong hope of "Wolf and someone but anything 3rd party".

The direct came and passed, both of my wishes were granted the opposite. This may be why I have almost lost hope of Wolf, being more pessimistic than most of you.

Now the month it's June/July, with the recent news of the column, I felt more and more worried about Wolf's chances.

Anyway, even if Wolf joined, I wouldn't really be too satisfied, due to Ryu, the one I've specifically wished not to happen, has come to prove how much of an overpowered rule breaker he is.

Same will happen for me with Ryu replaced by Krystal.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
To be really honest. My choice was "Wolf and nothing else" in April. I seriously was disgusted by the campaigns since many if not most of them are just cat fighting with other campaigns, criticizing the other choices, especially with all those clone shenanigans.

Later in May, I started accepting some more popular choices, but still retained the strong hope of "Wolf and someone but anything 3rd party".

The direct came and passed, both of my wishes were granted the opposite. This may be why I have almost lost hope of Wolf, being more pessimistic than most of you.

Now the month it's June/July, with the recent news of the column, I felt more and more worried about Wolf's chances.

Anyway, even if Wolf joined, I wouldn't really be too satisfied, due to Ryu, the one I've specifically wished not to happen, has come to prove how much of an overpowered rule breaker he is.

Same will happen for me with Ryu replaced by Krystal.
Considering SFZ around Christmas time that leaves the August and October Directs. We know smash related stuff is coming in August so that seems like a good time to announce characters, October's direct would be closer to SFZ so a direct in which we get more SFZ info and a Wolf smash promotion would seem ideal. Smash Ballot officially ends early October too so they might announce the "winners" during that one.

If after all that we still get absolutely no announcement or release by that time then yes, I would start worrying, Until then we still have plenty of things going for Wolf.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd be 100% satisfied with Wolf being confirmed for DLC in the game. I'm already satisfied now that Rosalina, who was my most wanted newcomer, is in the game.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'm hoping we'll get two more pre-ballot characters, probably Wolf and a newcomer (Chorus Kids?), in August, and then in October, the 2-3 ballot choices would be announced and we get them in Spring/Summer 2016. We'd get 2 pre-ballot Melee vets, 2 pre-ballot Brawl vets, and 2 pre-ballot newcomers, who all may have initially been planned for the base game.

I definitely feel like we're getting more than two, at least. The 3DS screen is already full. One character will likely take the Mii Fighters spot, and the 'next page' arrow will take Random, both of which would be bumped to page two. Wouldn't make much sense to me to go through the trouble of adding a second page if all you're going to put on it is three slots, only one of which would belong to a new character.

Logo12

Smash Lord
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpFbw3Fg
Highlights​
This is about the article, "several slots left before ending"
5 out of 10 comments mentions Wolf (including title, 1 more for indirect reference)
"Copyright issues, amiibo, character performance are all to be concerned for a character to be able to join. (Despite Snake or Ridley having great demand, this is the reason why they can't happen)
Well, of course I wanted Wolf's revival to be released at the same time as Star Fox Zero is released, so it is possible to say that it will probably be available in the August update."
"I absolutely want Wolf to become DLC."
"From the creator of Smash, Sakurai, said that "just a few more characters before ending", but I think the most viable candidate is still Wolf!
The reason is the great number of demands, and how it is said that "Star Fox has few reps", isn't it?"​

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpFbw3Fg
Highlights​
This is about the article, "several slots left before ending"
5 out of 10 comments mentions Wolf (including title, 1 more for indirect reference)
"Copyright issues, amiibo, character performance are all to be concerned for a character to be able to join. (Despite Snake or Ridley having great demand, this is the reason why they can't happen)
Well, of course Wolf's revival will most likely be right after the announcement of Star Fox Zero, so it is possible to say that it will probably be available in the August update."
"I absolutely want Wolf to become DLC."
"From the creator of Smash, Sakurai, said that "just a few more characters before ending", but I think the most viable candidate is still Wolf!
The reason is the great number of demands, and how it is said that "Star Fox has few reps", isn't it?"​
But didnt Konami make a Snake amiibo and post it on twitter

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Yep... I'm here to scare you, because you think he will be playable no matter what. So I'll post this to you before you ALL and ME lament his loss.

Things we can do:

1) Obviously, vote for him on the ballot.
2) Change(.org) petition about Wolf being re-added, because he's a veteran and all.
3) Masahiro Sakurai's family asking him for Wolf.
4) SPAM Masahiro Sakurai's mailbox.
5) Graffiti his house or Nintendo's offices: Wolf for Smash Bros. DLC
6) Menace Masahiro Sakurai to re-add him.
7) SPAM Smash Bros. Miiverse with perfect drawings and messages about Wolf.
8) Hack the website with stuff about Wolf.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Giving Sakurai a Wolf for his birthday in hopes that it will persuade him to put Wolf in the game.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Buy a wolf and a fox, go to Sakurai's house, tell the wolf to kill the fox, teach the wolf to speak, and have it say, "Playtime's over, StarFox."

And then celebrate because Wolf is now in Smash and Sakurai is in shock after seeing a Wolf speak so he now follows your every command.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
This is an emotional roller coaster. I remember getting assured Wolf would make it to the original Sm4sh roster, and he we are. Sakurai, we need Wolf, please understand.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I convinced my roommate to get a wolf named Wolf for our apartment when we go back to school. Too bad they don't even allow fish.. Well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Buy a wolf and a fox, go to Sakurai's house, tell the wolf to kill the fox, teach the wolf to speak, and have it say, "Playtime's over, StarFox."

And then celebrate because Wolf is now in Smash and Sakurai is in shock after seeing a Wolf speak so he now follows your every command.
Can't say I can advocate this idea.

Killing foxes is a huge no-no in my book.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Hello there~

Wolves are pretty cool, I like wolves.

Naturally, that means I also like Wolf~

He was pretty fun in Brawl. :3

Top Bottom