• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hey guys. Off the Wolf topic, but I recently uploaded a video to YouTube that's the spiritual successor of the standard montage series. Last time a shared the montage videos, it was well received, so hopefully this new series will be too. Anyways, here's the video.
The main differences are that it is no longer solely "MLG Parody" based, but it is rather a mish-mash of all the funny **** that happens when I'm in For Glory or playing with friends. It's also no longer based off a particular character. Doing it this way gives me more room to be funny and creative. Anyways, tell me what you think!

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Fox is 5'8". Falco and Wolf are 6'2". Falco is minutely taller than Wolf.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Hey guys. Off the Wolf topic, but I recently uploaded a video to YouTube that's the spiritual successor of the standard montage series. Last time a shared the montage videos, it was well received, so hopefully this new series will be too. Anyways, here's the video.
The main differences are that it is no longer solely "MLG Parody" based, but it is rather a mish-mash of all the funny **** that happens when I'm in For Glory or playing with friends. It's also no longer based off a particular character. Doing it this way gives me more room to be funny and creative. Anyways, tell me what you think!
*sheds tear*just like alpharad

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpWTD8-g
Another one asking "Who's the next DLC"
2 out of 4 replies mentioned Wolf
"I want Wolf and Bandana Waddle Dee!"
"For the next returning veteran, Wolf is the most likely choice..."​

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAABEVRTpNh5AgA
"What do you think the 4th wave of additional contents will be?"
"But the 3rd wave isn't even out" "That was a mistake. I meant the 3rd wave."
1 out of 2 replies (excluding the above 2) mentioned Wolf
"Snake's revival"
"Wolf's revival, another Kirby rep, I think? Personally I want Chrom."
and so on.

It seems to me that Wolf's support and chances are still high in the community.

I may be wrong, some of those supports come from the same 2-3 users.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTpWTD8-g
Another one asking "Who's the next DLC"
2 out of 4 replies mentioned Wolf
"I want Wolf and Bandana Waddle Dee!"
"For the next returning veteran, Wolf is the most likely choice..."​

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAABEVRTpNh5AgA
"What do you think the 4th wave of additional contents will be?"
"But the 3rd wave isn't even out" "That was a mistake. I meant the 3rd wave."
1 out of 2 replies (excluding the above 2) mentioned Wolf
"Snake's revival"
"Wolf's revival, another Kirby rep, I think? Personally I want Chrom."
and so on.

It seems to me that Wolf's support and chances are still high in the community.

I may be wrong, some of those supports come from the same 2-3 users.
Haha, Chrom's chances at this point are zero. All of Kirby's main characters (and that meaning anyone beyond kirby is a stretch as is) are already included so Kirby getting another rep is a hard sell, only reason it would happen is Sakurai Bias.

Poor Japan.

At they have things right with liking Wolf more though.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Chrom's chances at this point are zero. All of Kirby's main characters (and that meaning anyone beyond kirby is a stretch as is) are already included so Kirby getting another rep is a hard sell, only reason it would happen is Sakurai Bias.

Poor Japan.

At they have things right with liking Wolf more though.
Kirby well deserves more reps. It is a fairly well known franchise, and is the fifth highest selling Nintendo game series. It is not any stretch to think that outside of Kirby that others could make it in. If I must be honest, King Dedede deserves to be in more than Wolf, even if I prefer to use Wolf more than any other character. Good thing Dedede is already in.

As far as Chrom, yeah, I am doubting it. I really wish they had gone with him instead of Lucina. Lucina is the only character on the roster that I would cut in a heartbeat.

Anyway, Japan has the most relevance to Sakurai. They come first. I would honestly not be surprised if we got a Kirby rep as a ballot character.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I booted up Brawl and my Wii again just to play as Wolf and Icies. Man I miss them (Wolf's weird run doe).
All of Kirby's main characters (and that meaning anyone beyond kirby is a stretch as is) are already included so Kirby getting another rep is a hard sell, only reason it would happen is Sakurai Bias.
Kirby is a pretty big franchise that kinda deserves more reps (bigger than Star Fox). Technically Bandana Dee is a main character now, appearing in multiple Kirby games and was part of the Dream Collection. Bandana Dee is kinda like the Captain Toad of the Kirby franchise in my eyes.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Kirby well deserves more reps. It is a fairly well known franchise, and is the fifth highest selling Nintendo game series. It is not any stretch to think that outside of Kirby that others could make it in. If I must be honest, King Dedede deserves to be in more than Wolf, even if I prefer to use Wolf more than any other character. Good thing Dedede is already in.

As far as Chrom, yeah, I am doubting it. I really wish they had gone with him instead of Lucina. Lucina is the only character on the roster that I would cut in a heartbeat.

Anyway, Japan has the most relevance to Sakurai. They come first. I would honestly not be surprised if we got a Kirby rep as a ballot character.
Kirby of course is a well known franchise, but to anyone who is a Nintendo Fan in general but not a Kirby Fan they aren't really going to know anyone besides Kirby, and if they were going to know anyone else it'd be KD and MK who are already in. I don't see Wolf v King Dedede as a thing that makes no sense.

I think the Ballot character will be someone more obscure so that if they don't come back people might miss him but they'd at least understand why they might not have come back and save anyone who actually may have a future of staying in the series for a smash 5 reveal. Snake is gone, and people would like him back because of his unique moveset and he is popular but most people at least recognise that as a 3rd party character he wasn't always guaranteed to come back and the Kojima/Konami thing is a big factor too.

If you look at the various community polls/results you don't see any Kirby rep's in the top 5 at all. You have Wolf and people Like K.Rool.

The DK series has sold way more compared to the Kirby series but DK has less reps then Kirby, which is obviously due to Sakurai Bias which is fair enough can't really blame him for that. 3 seems a good number for somewhat popular nintendo franchises but aren't in the top tier leagues of Zelda, Mario or Pokemon. Anymore then 3 and you start making comparisons and anyone who thinks Kirby is on that level...yeah no.

Of course it wouldn't be so much an issue if he made better use of the current slots aka true clones and DLC wasn't so limited.

[quoteKirby is a pretty big franchise that kinda deserves more reps (bigger than Star Fox). Technically Bandana Dee is a main character now, appearing in multiple Kirby games and was part of the Dream Collection. Bandana Dee is kinda like the Captain Toad of the Kirby franchise in my eyes.[/quote]

Of course its bigger then Star Fox, but the implication there is that warrants cutting SF reps to make room for Kirby reps. It boils down back to the reason Wolf was cut originally. I think it was more in the same boat of Lucas being cut that they planned to bring him back but wanted to focus on new characters first because they always planned to do DLC and SFZ release would be a good time to release Wolf since that would allow more time to work on him.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Kirby of course is a well known franchise, but to anyone who is a Nintendo Fan in general but not a Kirby Fan they aren't really going to know anyone besides Kirby, and if they were going to know anyone else it'd be KD and MK who are already in. I don't see Wolf v King Dedede as a thing that makes no sense.

I think the Ballot character will be someone more obscure so that if they don't come back people might miss him but they'd at least understand why they might not have come back and save anyone who actually may have a future of staying in the series for a smash 5 reveal. Snake is gone, and people would like him back because of his unique moveset and he is popular but most people at least recognise that as a 3rd party character he wasn't always guaranteed to come back and the Kojima/Konami thing is a big factor too.

If you look at the various community polls/results you don't see any Kirby rep's in the top 5 at all. You have Wolf and people Like K.Rool.

The DK series has sold way more compared to the Kirby series but DK has less reps then Kirby, which is obviously due to Sakurai Bias which is fair enough can't really blame him for that. 3 seems a good number for somewhat popular nintendo franchises but aren't in the top tier leagues of Zelda, Mario or Pokemon. Anymore then 3 and you start making comparisons and anyone who thinks Kirby is on that level...yeah no.

Of course it wouldn't be so much an issue if he made better use of the current slots aka true clones and DLC wasn't so limited.
Actually Bandana Dee is usually at the top below Wolf, K Rool, and Isaac.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hey, just dropping by to tell you Wolf should be in the game, and I fully support his inclusion (heck, I'm shocked he didn't get in before Roy did, even though I preferred my boy to return more than Wolf). With Star Fox Zero on the way, though, I wouldn't be too worried, all things considered. I wish Jock Blaney gets to voice him again, personally. I kinda prefer his snide British accent more than his ruffian kind of voice in Assault.

So hey, has anyone ever heard Star Wolf's unused theme for Star Fox 2? Do you think it's any better than the theme we've got in Star Fox 64?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Actually Bandana Dee is usually at the top below Wolf, K Rool, and Isaac.
He isn't consistent compared to the other people in the top 5 who are. Consistent top 10 maybe. For instance he is in reported here as being a top 5 possible chance (below Wolf mind you) but in the top 10 wanted falls out of the top 5: http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...edition-day-79-sylux-and-rerate-snake.398604/

If you go back the last 15 pages or so of this thread when various polls from Japan, Reddit etc... were posted Kirby reps weren't consistently in top 5 places compared to the other characters in the top 5 who were.

Also comes back to this:

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Hey, just dropping by to tell you Wolf should be in the game, and I fully support his inclusion (heck, I'm shocked he didn't get in before Roy did, even though I preferred my boy to return more than Wolf). With Star Fox Zero on the way, though, I wouldn't be too worried, all things considered. I wish Jock Blaney gets to voice him again, personally. I kinda prefer his snide British accent more than his ruffian kind of voice in Assault.

So hey, has anyone ever heard Star Wolf's unused theme for Star Fox 2? Do you think it's any better than the theme we've got in Star Fox 64?
Sounds DKC2-esque. It's good, but nothing will ever trump the Assault rendition of Star Wolf's 64 theme.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

The music is epic,this should be in Smash,but it won't

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How would feel about a Star Wolf spinoff game. Playing like actual mercenaries and taking out the Star Fox armada and even fighting Andross crew for cash

shane3x

Saint of Swords
How would feel about a Star Wolf spinoff game. Playing like actual mercenaries and taking out the Star Fox armada and even fighting Andross crew for cash
I don't know if it'd be big enough to be it's own release, but say like an open world take missions as Star Wolf and make morale choices to be evil, anti-hero whatever extra mode after completing the main campaign of a Star Fox game (similar to like Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Riku mode) compared to the more Linear good guys forever black and white nature of Star Fox would be interesting indeed.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
That argument doesn't really work, you can say that about every franchise in the game: if you're not a Mario fan you won't know dr. Mario or Rosalina or bowser jr. If you're not a Zelda fan you won't know about shiek, if you're not a star fox fan you won't know anyone besides fox, ect. Less popular characters from popular franchises add diversity to the game and let you know more about the franchise.

Logo12

Smash Lord

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think it makes way too much sense to bring back Wolf now that DLC is the reality of Smash. They've basically brought back all really requested cuts from past games that were more reasonably implemented besides Wolf (Sorry Ice Climbers and Snake as much as I may want both). He's one of the more unique clones that exists in all of Smash as well, and he probably wouldn't require a ton of work to implement back into the series considering the fact that some of Fox's custom specials are Wolf's moves already!

Seriously, with the release of Star Fox Zero this fall, it just seems like a no-brainer to release Wolf as DLC in Smash to help promote that release. DLC so far has been primarily used to right the wrongs of cuts in Smash 4, and I can see Wolf as a nice cap to that. He still has a ton of community support, he's easily done, again he can promote the new Star Fox, and it all just adds up to a very nice situation for Wolf's return I believe.

I don't know how many "slots" remain for DLC characters, and knowing Sakurai and Nintendo I doubt there is such a thing really, but Wolf has absolutely every reason to have one. Nintendo is going to print money with whatever characters they release as DLC, and Wolf is a cheap way to keep that press rolling on .

Plus for me personally, having one of my mains back from Brawl that I've been missing would just be too awesome and to me would more or less complete Smash 4 for me as it wouldn't be missing any past characters that are again reasonable to be included in the game. Wolf for Smash 4, I say it once again with pride.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I would honestly pay money for an arwing hat :p
That would be fun too.

My fear is, if Wolf doesn't come back now, he may never get another shot. If Zero tanks, then it could kill Star Fox for good, and we might be left with Fox and Falco for every future Smash. Even when Mewtwo was cut from Brawl, I figured he'd have a shot next time, because of how ridiculously popular Pokemon is, and how ridiculously popular Mewtwo is within it.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
That argument doesn't really work, you can say that about every franchise in the game: if you're not a Mario fan you won't know dr. Mario or Rosalina or bowser jr. If you're not a Zelda fan you won't know about shiek, if you're not a star fox fan you won't know anyone besides fox, ect. Less popular characters from popular franchises add diversity to the game and let you know more about the franchise.
Yes it does. The majority of Smash characters are extremely well known overall and within their respective series. Everyone knows Mario, so even as illegitimate as Doctor Mario's entire existence in Smash is anyone can work out who Doctor Mario is even if they don't know him. Same with Bowser Jr, You might not know him but everyone knows Bowser so having literally Bowser with a Jr on the end will at least make some sense as to who he is.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule. Outside of the exceptions who are usually only represented by one character (Wii Fit Trainer, DHD etc...) no series majorly represented in Smash has a minor character. Sheik is a special exception since when Melee came out which was 2 years after OoT Shiek was quite relevant back then (being her only game) she started out as a transformation of Zelda who became her own character which is different if Shiek had started out as her own character. Obscure yes, minor no.

Bandanna Dee is only going to be known to Kirby Fans. Non-Kirby fans are going to know who Kirby is at the minimum. Even the Wikipedia and Kirby Wiki reflect this. That being said people are going to more likely know who Rosalina is compared to Bandanna Dee.

I think it makes way too much sense to bring back Wolf now that DLC is the reality of Smash. They've basically brought back all really requested cuts from past games that were more reasonably implemented besides Wolf (Sorry Ice Climbers and Snake as much as I may want both). He's one of the more unique clones that exists in all of Smash as well, and he probably wouldn't require a ton of work to implement back into the series considering the fact that some of Fox's custom specials are Wolf's moves already!

Seriously, with the release of Star Fox Zero this fall, it just seems like a no-brainer to release Wolf as DLC in Smash to help promote that release. DLC so far has been primarily used to right the wrongs of cuts in Smash 4, and I can see Wolf as a nice cap to that. He still has a ton of community support, he's easily done, again he can promote the new Star Fox, and it all just adds up to a very nice situation for Wolf's return I believe.

I don't know how many "slots" remain for DLC characters, and knowing Sakurai and Nintendo I doubt there is such a thing really, but Wolf has absolutely every reason to have one. Nintendo is going to print money with whatever characters they release as DLC, and Wolf is a cheap way to keep that press rolling on .

Plus for me personally, having one of my mains back from Brawl that I've been missing would just be too awesome and to me would more or less complete Smash 4 for me as it wouldn't be missing any past characters that are again reasonable to be included in the game. Wolf for Smash 4, I say it once again with pride.
Theorectically the can do as many as they like however Wii U support in general is ramping down so they wouldn't invest that many resources making 50 characters as DLC when a lot of those can be used as Smash 5 reveals. See signature for more information.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
That would be fun too.

My fear is, if Wolf doesn't come back now, he may never get another shot. If Zero tanks, then it could kill Star Fox for good, and we might be left with Fox and Falco for every future Smash. Even when Mewtwo was cut from Brawl, I figured he'd have a shot next time, because of how ridiculously popular Pokemon is, and how ridiculously popular Mewtwo is within it.
Just remember Roy and Lucas.
They were brought back.
Lucas is sadly for me. From a dead series apart from a regional release to yet be given.
And Roy has a ton of characters he had to compete with.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Wonder if we'll get Mii hats/costumes for Slippy and Peppy or something too. To promote Zero.
inb4 we get a Krystal hat :troll:

Has anyone seen the reported NX leak? Doesnt seem legit based on a few things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0a6H_7_A5o
Someone stated how there is no power button in the first showcase of the controller and there is a power button in the second showcase.

And tons more inconsistency.

I'm not that concerned about that NX thing tho. I can't even try Wii U yet so meh

--

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADcU5QnrLexfQ
Another comicy thing from the same user, who apparently supports Wolf and Bandanna Waddle dee.
Bnous:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAArVRThfA-M5w

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
That would be fun too.

Didn't Assault/Command tank? I dunno, I don't think Star Fox will die that easily.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Yes it does. The majority of Smash characters are extremely well known overall and within their respective series. Everyone knows Mario, so even as illegitimate as Doctor Mario's entire existence in Smash is anyone can work out who Doctor Mario is even if they don't know him. Same with Bowser Jr, You might not know him but everyone knows Bowser so having literally Bowser with a Jr on the end will at least make some sense as to who he is.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule. Outside of the exceptions who are usually only represented by one character (Wii Fit Trainer, DHD etc...) no series majorly represented in Smash has a minor character. Sheik is a special exception since when Melee came out which was 2 years after OoT Shiek was quite relevant back then (being her only game) she started out as a transformation of Zelda who became her own character which is different if Shiek had started out as her own character. Obscure yes, minor no.

Bandanna Dee is only going to be known to Kirby Fans. Non-Kirby fans are going to know who Kirby is at the minimum. Even the Wikipedia and Kirby Wiki reflect this. That being said people are going to more likely know who Rosalina is compared to Bandanna Dee.

Theorectically the can do as many as they like however Wii U support in general is ramping down so they wouldn't invest that many resources making 50 characters as DLC when a lot of those can be used as Smash 5 reveals. See signature for more information.
Uh, I have never played a Kirby game, hell I don't even know half the titles of the games, but I know who Bandanna Dee is.

It is not "Sakurai bias" is his own game series that is still highly popular gets 4 reps. He even said somewhere that the reason he does not have 4 Kirby reps now is because he did not want to be called biased. Donkey Kong is almost guaranteed to get another rep (in the form of K. Rool), so no need to worry.

Is it "Sakurai bias" that Fire Emblem got 5 reps?

Your argument that he would not be known is flawed, because I know Bandanna Dee, and I am not a Kirby fan. Wouldn't it make more sense to add characters that are popular among fans but maybe not among the general public so that the general public could learn about these characters?

If no one knows Bandanna Dee then no one knows Wolf or Falco. They are just as well known. An average person would not know them. Probably not even Fox.

Anyway let's get back on topic. When did this become the Bandanna Dee support thread? We should just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom