• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

My DLC speculation for now, and that's assuming they don't shrink down the portraits down any further. Two veterans from Melee, two veterans from Brawl, and two newcomers.
Swap out K Rool for either Dixie or a Rhythm heaven character, then add a second row to the right (moving characters like Sheik and Fox up a row) and boom it's perfect

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I think Wolf is going to return and I want him to. He will be in the next wave. Probably in August. He is highly wanted and already has a design/moveset. It makes sense for his return.
If there is a wave 3,then it will have,Wolf,Hyrule Castle 64,Peach's Castle 64,Tournament Mode,and maybe another character

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Everybody is expecting Wolf to return, but that leads to not giving him adequate importance.
We all know Sakurai won't check this topic. BUT, if us Wolf fans don't move from this spot, he will NEVER return smashing.
Here's another pic to commemorate his appearance in Brawl. Wolf is the main reason why Brawl is my favorite Smash Bros. game, even though I like the saga with or without him.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Everybody is expecting Wolf to return, but that leads to not giving him adequate importance.
We all know Sakurai won't check this topic. BUT, if us Wolf fans don't move from this spot, he will NEVER return smashing.
Here's another pic to commemorate his appearance in Brawl. Wolf is the main reason why Brawl is my favorite Smash Bros. game, even though I like the saga with or without him.

Lucas and Roy are clones who come from japan only games that came out almost 10 years ago, while Wolf has an upcoming game

I'm really not worried

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You guys really shouldn't assume he's getting back and just leave it at that.
You should put your votes for him across and let your voices be heard.
A lot of people assumed Wolf would get back before the two we have right now:4lucas::4feroy:
Don't stop voting for him. Continue to keep the support strong in case the inevitable happens.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, waiting for August to come around is going to be tough for me. I am not really complaining, but that lackluster, not so good Digital Event doesn't help much here.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
@ Logo12 Logo12 I must say I really enjoyed your optimization and analysis about increasing the number of spaces on the CSS.

Though I'm a total nerd and I love maths.
Well, while people can easily spit out "just shrink the roster!", I had a hard time thinking exactly how. Considering how compact the current design is and how shrinking will just give us too many extra space to go with, I just took that question out and spend a few minutes to do worthless analysis.

Man, waiting for August to come around is going to be tough for me. I am not really complaining, but that lackluster, not so good Digital Event doesn't help much here.
Same here. Was already hopeful for Wolf when Lucas happened and could make myself wait 2 months to see if Wolf gets announced, but apparently Sakurai failed us all. I really doubt if I can wait for another 2 months, and if Wolf still doesn't happen, then I don't think I can stand any further. Since that can only mean that I would be distracting myself in academic stuff and screw up my already-worsening results.

Not to mention I don't have a Wii U to begin with.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Am I the only one that is really excited for SF0? I feel like people are disappointed for some reason, but I think they're really churning out some great ideas like the Arwing transformation and the cinematics. I do want online multiplayer tho.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that is really excited for SF0? I feel like people are disappointed for some reason, but I think they're really churning out some great ideas like the Arwing transformation and the cinematics. I do want online multiplayer tho.
Opinions are generally positive here, and generally negative in Krystal's thread (Please don't further talk about this).

I'm in fact not disappointed (don't make me say the reason again), and is also hyped for that game. The only downside is that I don't own a Wii U so far, so I probably can't play this game.

Before the announcement of SF0, it was still speculated that the new game would be a continuation of the series, so I wanted to finish all the games beforehand. Sadly, my computer broke when I played 25% through Adventures (in emulator), and due to the extreme lag of emulator, I don't think I can continue with Assault and Command (I have 4 DSes, but they are all broken in a way that makes it unable to play Command) for now. Now that it's given the plot starts over, it of course benefits me a bit from spoilery things.

In the end, just to say: You're definitely not alone.

Tho I might be the only one who think Nintendo did a very good job this time...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, you are not alone. I am actually interested in this game myself. I do like the Arwing transformations as well, and the game looks good so far.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Speaking of August, I hope Wolf will be announced on the 14th (my birthday ~.~ ) along with Isaac.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
August... I go to hell in August. I'm gonna cry if Wolf gets released while I'm away

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Having Wolf announced in August would be a great birthday gift (birthday is on the 29th.) Even if it's a few weeks early.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What I don't get is how they expect people to stay hyped for Smash Bros without a new character to look forward to? I honestly hope they just announce a character (preferably Wolf) Maybe towards the end of this month/beginning of July, just so the Ryu/Roy/Lucas hype calms down and people get excited for someone else. Otherwise people will get bored in July.
Well to pass the time, https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
August 4th is my birthday. If Wolf does get announced around that time or throughout the month, it'll be the best birthday present ever.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What I don't get is how they expect people to stay hyped for Smash Bros without a new character to look forward to? I honestly hope they just announce a character (preferably Wolf) Maybe towards the end of this month/beginning of July, just so the Ryu/Roy/Lucas hype calms down and people get excited for someone else. Otherwise people will get bored in July.
Well to pass the time, https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
I hope so too. I don't really want to wait 2 more months before another reveal happens.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We're pretty much going to lament Wolf's loss if we continue having our hopes that up and he's not included. We aren't Sakurai's mind. To prevent his loss, please do something before this happens.
Dude, quit worrying. Nintendo will not let Sakurai keep Wolf out. It doesn't matter what Sakurai is thinking, Nintendo knows that Smash is good for advertising, so putting Wolf in will insure more sales for Star Fox U.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Dude, quit worrying. Nintendo will not let Sakurai keep Wolf out. It doesn't matter what Sakurai is thinking, Nintendo knows that Smash is good for advertising, so putting Wolf in will insure more sales for Star Fox U.
Seriously this, Wolf has literally NO points against his inclusion at this point. The only thing he has against him is that he's not already in our copy of the game.

Wolf's inclusion is a matter of when not if.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords

Lucas and Roy are clones who come from japan only games that came out almost 10 years ago, while Wolf has an upcoming game

I'm really not worried
I'd only get worried if we get to SFZ release and there is literally no announcement or release by then *AND* at least 2 other DLC characters get announced/released that aren't wolf.

You guys really shouldn't assume he's getting back and just leave it at that.
You should put your votes for him across and let your voices be heard.
A lot of people assumed Wolf would get back before the two we have right now:4lucas::4feroy:
Don't stop voting for him. Continue to keep the support strong in case the inevitable happens.
Wolf's high up in almost every list/ballot/vote you can think of, I don't think we should be really voting more then once or using bots to vote or whatever Im sure they can tell when thats happening.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I'd only get worried if we get to SFZ release and there is literally no announcement or release by then *AND* at least 2 other DLC characters get announced/released that aren't wolf.
Heh, that sorta already happened for me. I mean, Roy and Ryu without Wolf.

My birthday is in July. Come on Based Sakurai.
My birthday is on November. I hope he gets announced arou- oh wait nvm.

Why are so many of us having birthday on August tho?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Heh, that sorta already happened for me. I mean, Roy and Ryu without Wolf.
I guess a little although with SFZ just being announced officially now it probably was a bit early to expect Wolf in Smash since SFZ hasn't built up its own identity and brand yet. Although the build up for SFZ has only really just started and plenty of times for smash updates and directs between now and then.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So I just played Brawl for the first time in ages so that I could play Wolf again since he was my main. The characters weren't unlocked for some reason, so I played a bunch of fast flower stamina battles to unlock everyone. I played Marth to do that, who felt a bit awkward after playing Smash 4 for so long.

And dear lord, Wolf fits me like a glove after coming back to Brawl. He just makes everything click for me. I can't believe that I was undecided for so long on who my main was in that game. It's obviously him.

I really do hope that he comes back. I think I might even co-main him. I'll never stop playing Pac-Man, who'll probably always stay one of my mains, but I'd love to have Wolf back.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They can put in whoever they want as long as I see Wolf (and Snake) in the game. Everyone else is "meh..."

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My birthday's also in August too! Aug. 27th. Wolf would be a great birthday present from Daddy Sakurai if Wolf is confirmed for that day! :bee:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Geez xD You guys should stop talking about these "confirm at my birthday" thing. While Wolf is most likely to be out on August, you guys are like fighting over which day he's gonna be revealed for now. xD

So I just played Brawl for the first time in ages so that I could play Wolf again since he was my main. The characters weren't unlocked for some reason, so I played a bunch of fast flower stamina battles to unlock everyone. I played Marth to do that, who felt a bit awkward after playing Smash 4 for so long.
So apparently I'm the only who one supports Wolf but have never played as Wolf... You guys can play Brawl whenever you want, yet I have to beg my classmate to download me a copy of Brawl in her Wii (delayed since April tho) just to play... By the time Wolf is out for Sm4sh, I might not even be able to play Brawl. :[

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Geez xD You guys should stop talking about these "confirm at my birthday" thing. While Wolf is most likely to be out on August, you guys are like fighting over which day he's gonna be revealed for now. xD

So apparently I'm the only who one supports Wolf but have never played as Wolf... You guys can play Brawl whenever you want, yet I have to beg my classmate to download me a copy of Brawl in her Wii (delayed since April tho) just to play... By the time Wolf is out for Sm4sh, I might not even be able to play Brawl. :[
That's probably for the best, tripping was so bloody annoying and being chaingrabbed is nonsense also. Besides he will most likely be getting a few nice buffs like Roy did.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's probably for the best, tripping was so bloody annoying and being chaingrabbed is nonsense also. Besides he will most likely be getting a few nice buffs like Roy did.
I'll say. Random tripping is what ruined the game for me, but regardless of that, Brawl was still a fun game.

Top Bottom