• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

mark welford

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it Krystal isn't really out of existence in SF0 because we know where she was and she was doing during 64 she just hasn't came into the story yet if it's somewhere during 64.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now that I think about it Krystal isn't really out of existence in SF0 because we know where she was and she was doing during 64 she just hasn't came into the story yet if it's somewhere during 64.
I don't have much doubt she'll appear in SF0. She's such a beloved character in the fanbase.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, I need to get away from the Rosalina boards for a little while cuz it feels like those Zelda ******* are getting more and more bitter. Ooo wee!

Anyways, whether or not Krystal will make an appearance in Star Fox Zero doesn't make a difference to me at all cuz I'm still gonna be doing those barrel rolls when the game comes out in the holidays.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Just got done reading everything on the Rosalina Social thread.

It was "interesting" to say the least.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I wonder how the story in Star Fox Zero will be like? Since its a reimagining are they going to pick up the story from the middle and add all the different characters in different roles?
d12edce8e93f591832c27a782d39a281.jpg

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Meh, I would rather have these romantic stuff moved away from the game.

It doesn't really have a meaning in regular gameplay, nor does it make the plot more interesting (if anything, it screws up the whole plot like Command). This is not something like きみのためなら死ねる (Project Rub or whatever it's called in English). We do not need a romantic plot to play the game, right?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just got done reading everything on the Rosalina Social thread.

It was "interesting" to say the least.
It was crazy, alright. Few of them would go as far as to claim that us Rosalina mains are "obsessed" and "blinded by her love of the character" as the reason why we play as her, which clearly I have no idea where that bull**** come from.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Meh, I would rather have these romantic stuff moved away from the game.

It doesn't really have a meaning in regular gameplay, nor does it make the plot more interesting (if anything, it screws up the whole plot like Command). This is not something like きみのためなら死ねる (Project Rub or whatever it's called in English). We do not need a romantic plot to play the game, right?
I mean, to flesh out the characters more you could add one for Fox and Krystal which already exists. A lot of people want the characters to be more fleshed out.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I just hope that if Wolf gets re-added (which I have great confidence that he will) then he will have a different final smash. Him summoning a Landmaster just felt wrong. I mean at least summon a Wolfen and/or Star Wolf to attack people. But considering Lucas' final smash is practically the same as Ness' when they had the opportunity to change it, I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in Wolf's being changed.

But yeah, Wolf needs to come back regardless.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I just hope that if Wolf gets re-added (which I have great confidence that he will) then he will have a different final smash. Him summoning a Landmaster just felt wrong. I mean at least summon a Wolfen and/or Star Wolf to attack people. But considering Lucas' final smash is practically the same as Ness' when they had the opportunity to change it, I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in Wolf's being changed.

But yeah, Wolf needs to come back regardless.
I want Wolf to summon Leon, Panther, Pigma, and Andrew to shoot the stage in their Wolfens.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wolf should have two Final Smashes. Landmaster, and Wolfen.

Press for Landmaster, hold for Wolfen.

In fact, that's what Fox and Falco should have as well (sans Wolfen, plus Arwing and Sky Claw, respectively).

Is this genius or what?

I want Wolf to summon Leon, Panther, Pigma, and Andrew to shoot the stage in their Wolfens.
Actually, with Fox and Falco playable, they can't summon the whole Starfox Team. Wolf can summon all of Star Wolf though. So maybe Wolf should have that as his exclusive Final Smash!

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Do we really need another character with 2 Final Smashes? :S As if Ryu is not already OP enough.

I have no comments on Final Smashes, but I want either of these to happen:
  • Wolf gets a Landmaster/Land vehicle in SF0 (And using that as final smash)
  • Wolf gets a new final smash (I would rather want something more creative than just summoning the whole Team or use a Wolfen tho. :/)
But his Final Smash is different in Brawl. It's not a Landmaster, its a WGHFWTT :troll:

and of course Falco's vehicle of choice is called the PIPTA.

(do I need to explain?)
I had to search before realizing what that means.

Maybe I'm this stupid.

(You know, I stick to Japanese voices more, so Wolf would be like こいつで遊んであげるぜ, and Falco like 好みより、俺は空がいいぜ :/)

----

Okay, just came to bring out some Bad Miiverse Posts, which seemingly appears even in Popular posts:

Warning! Headdesk/Facepalm gently when viewing. Do not hurt yourself.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What if Wolf says "We're gonna have fun with this thing" then turns into a giant giga beast and throws throws a landmaster at the stage resulting in a huge explosion and then he returns to normal.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I always like thinking about Final smashes but then I remember I never play with em on so it wouldn't matter if Wolf turned into the sun and 999999 KO'd everyone haha.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I always like thinking about Final smashes but then I remember I never play with em on so it wouldn't matter if Wolf turned into the sun and 999999 KO'd everyone haha.
I only ever mess with Final Smashes in training,as well as ANY other items.
Also,no putting ideas down,but any particular reason why Mickey's there with Wolf,Inkling,and Banjo-Kazooie?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I always liked the Landmaster as a final smash.

All that matters to me with final smashes is if they are good or not. Wolf's final smash was good.

Of course, playing Star Fox: Assault multiplayer so much got me used to Falco and Wolf using the landmaster so that could be why I never had a problem with the landmaster as their final smash.

I also like how Wolf's landmaster is kind of like a "Wolfen 2" version of Fox and Falco's landmaster in that Wolf's landmaster is much better than theirs kind of like how the Wolfen 2 was a better aircraft compared to the arwing.

All that said, I'll gladly accept a new final smash since that would make Wolf even more unique than he already is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm fine with Wolf's final smash being the Landmaster again, but a new final smash would also be acceptable no matter what it would be.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I wish they had skipped the Mii's and rather given their Final Smashes to characters that have a reputation of being clones. Such as:

Link gets the Mii Swordfighter's FS
Falco gets the Mii Gunner's FS (with an enhanced Blaster crafted from the Cornerian labs or something instead of the Mii's cannon)
Lucario gets the Mii Fighter's FS (not a clone but the FS would fit the fighting type of the Pokémon and it seems much more badass and fast-paced than the mega Evolution).

Again, that's just an opinion. No offence is intended towards Mii supporters or those who like Mega Lucario.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
They should just give some characters two Final Smashes.

Why not Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Charizard Y, Arwing, Sky Claw, Wolfen, Masked Dedede, etc.? It'd be awesome. Not everyone would have/need one, but some should, I think.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So I come back to see pages of... nope. Fox is straight, let's keep it that way.

Anyways, I'd be alright if Wolf's Final Smash were to stay as the Landmaster, but it'd be cool to have some sort of air-strike. Either Wolf getting into his Wolfen himself and blasting the stage, or calling in Star Wolf to do it.

As for characters getting multiple Final Smashes, I'd have to disagree. I think it's stupid that Ryu gets two of them, a feat no-one should have.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
So I come back to see pages of... nope. Fox is straight, let's keep it that way.

Anyways, I'd be alright if Wolf's Final Smash were to stay as the Landmaster, but it'd be cool to have some sort of air-strike. Either Wolf getting into his Wolfen himself and blasting the stage, or calling in Star Wolf to do it.

As for characters getting multiple Final Smashes, I'd have to disagree. I think it's stupid that Ryu gets two of them, a feat no-one should have.
Why not? It'd keep people on their toes, plus there really isn't an issue having multiple Final Smashes, it's just another move.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ryu having two final smashes in the game does open the door of possibilities of every character having two final smashes maybe for the next Smash Bros. game. I mean, it'd be awesome if that was the case.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Ryu having two final smashes in the game does open the door of possibilities of every character having two final smashes maybe for the next Smash Bros. game. I mean, it'd be awesome if that was the case.
It would be awesome. Now if that was the case, do you think it'd be too much for there to be different means of activation?

Saying this because Ryu's FSs change in relation to how close/far he is from his opponent.

What about length of button presses?

Holding up/down or left/right immediately after pressing?

It wouldn't be that hard, but maybe not as newbie-friendly as Smash aims to be?

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I think characters having two final smashes would be cool.

But please do not let Ryu's other mechanics (like button "code" presses) become part of other characters. That is what makes him unique, and really no one else really needs it. I feel like getting good at Smash is hard enough, no need for that to become part of the fray.

Top Bottom