• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
As for characters getting multiple Final Smashes, I'd have to disagree. I think it's stupid that Ryu gets two of them, a feat no-one should have.
^This. Be it an exclusive for Ryu or what, I really felt unhappy about this two FS thingy.

Sure, it may open a floodgate (Seriously Ryu is like breaking everything now), but it doesn't mean more characters can have them, like Luigi's attacking taunt (it isn't an impossibility either, like the Smash Taunts for Fox and Falco since Melee)

Again, in my opinion, this is some nonsense feature (along with the Street Fighter inputs) that needs to be stopped before it goes out of hand. Such feature only makes the said character more OP, as his Final Smash is like guaranteed to hit now.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Guys your Wolf hype is going to fall to the floor the moment Sakurai officially just doesn't add him!
Please worry about our Wolf much more.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
^This. Be it an exclusive for Ryu or what, I really felt unhappy about this two FS thingy.

Sure, it may open a floodgate (Seriously Ryu is like breaking everything now), but it doesn't mean more characters can have them, like Luigi's attacking taunt (it isn't an impossibility either, like the Smash Taunts for Fox and Falco since Melee)

Again, in my opinion, this is some nonsense feature (along with the Street Fighter inputs) that needs to be stopped before it goes out of hand. Such feature only makes the said character more OP, as his Final Smash is like guaranteed to hit now.
So... why is it a bad thing exactly? Because it makes the character better to play as? I mean he may need that extra power anyway.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
how to "declone" wolf?

Change his down b. that's it. that's one of ONLY moves that's really like fox's...

and don't say "oh, he shoots a gun" cause saying that means you'd have to compare samus and lucario, ike and marth(lul swords... AND A COUNTER! *** CLONES) ect ect.
how about that final smash of his? lol

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Personally, I don´t care for the final Smash. Can´t use it on Anthenes Ladder/ For Glory. For all I care he could use Landmaster #3 as Final. Which, most likely, will be the case., since Falco uses the same as Fox.
:/

Looks like pre-ballot DLC is over.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/...in-the-battle-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-481/

Better get to voting, Wolf fans.
This is a bad thing for Wolf if it's true... many (including myself) though that he was going to be pre-ballot character, and have voted someone else in the ballot. This would also mean competition with other popular characters, like K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, Bandana Dee and Inkling, some of which likely have more votes than Wolf due to many thinking he was shoe-in.

EDIT: However, his veteran status might help him to get in without ranking high in the ballot.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
This is a bad thing for Wolf if it's true... many (including myself) though that he was going to be pre-ballot character, and have voted someone else in the ballot. This would also mean competition with other popular characters, like K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, Bandana Dee and Inkling, some of which likely have more votes than Wolf due to many thinking he was shoe-in.
I know but I'm doing my part and Sakurai can't completely ignore the fact that Wolf is a wanted character more so than K.Rool, Dixie and Ridley plus those other characters and it's not helping that he was recently playable.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

EDIT: However, his veteran status might help him to get in without ranking high in the ballot.
"From now". It means it wasn't before. Therefore, we are going to start getting ballot characters (or characters being requested on the ballot).
Straight from the translators mouth (or one of them, anyway.) Keep in mind this doesn't mean that Wolf won't get in or that they aren't currently working on characters that will release before the end of the ballot. It just means we need to keep voting.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Translation are quite prone to errors a lot but assuming its true we are getting at least 3 more characters (which based on all current evidence was to be expected anyway). If 2 are to be "Fan service" which could mean a lot of things, but that could easily mean 2 will come from the Ballot while the 3rd will just be whatever, like Wolf for instance.

mark welford

Smash Ace
In times like this you can't lose your cool and start panicking like a headless chicken instead we need to keep calm and get our asses to the ballot and start voting now we are really competing with other character forums this is war for us now.

I've also voted for Wolf (on the first day when the ballot was opened despite thinking he was shoe-in), but I voted for King K. Rool and Bandana Dee as well.

Logo12

Smash Lord
This looks scary.

This is almost as if Sakurai has disregarded Wolf as a thing. If anything, he's saying he's already done with reviving veterans (not mentioning Mewtwo, and directly stating the one Brawl vet, one Melee vet, one newcomer pattern, as if it has been complete.), and what's worse, the ones considered very unlikely by most (I remember a DLC possibility tier list thing, Lucas, Roy and Ryu are either near the bottom or nonexistent, while Wolf is at the top) are the ones revived. Wolf, being one obvious choice from everyone's inspection, is not touched at all.

I wanted to look at the source by myself, but apparently the one site called "sourcegaming" has ironically provided no source to the original paragraph. Anyone have a source to the untranslated paragraph here?

Anyway, got myself a new old computer. Gotta go voting.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
In times like this you can't lose your cool and start panicking like a headless chicken instead we need to keep calm and get our ***** to the ballot and start voting now we are really competing with other character forums this is war for us now.
Welp, in that case, it's time for me to bomb the ballot with Wolf votes.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm not too worried. The article never expressly states that pre-ballot is done, and besides many have thrown votes Wolf's way. Besides, remember @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's poll results from a while ago?

This is mostly a Japanese audience, and it's pretty nice to see Wolf in second to...Lucas. Now that he's back, Wolf definitely has popularity going for him. It's also known that Japan likes Wolf less than the US, where he's usually number 1. K.Rool is the first non-veteran, and he's down at the pink wedge. Sakurai also mentioned how he doesn't like cuts, and Wolf is one of the more painful to a lot of people since there is no technical/bureaucratic reason for it, and there's no newcomers to replace him.

Don't stop voting for him, but I think he does have a lot of support. I've sent votes for my friends and family members and I did give a vote Wolf's way.

I'd also like to ask what the team is doing between now and October if they're not working on new characters. They have to be doing something.

I think it means they have nothing planned that would come out of left field like Ryu. He wasn't near the top of any lists (or even on many of them - he's above, but at the fuschia one with less than 1%), and even in the above results, Roy is below four other characters. Any other pre-ballots we'll get are probably going to be obviously highly requested characters like Wolf or K.Rool

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Where does it say the pre ballot characters are done?
I assume this:
From now until the end, it is going to be fan service [2] , but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters [3]. I also ask for your patience, as we need time to develop more content.
Basically implies "after these 3 characters, it's all about service (ballot) now"

Still, I want the original source to confirm on the translation. I've caught sourcegaming several times on translations errors already so :/

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This looks scary.

This is almost as if Sakurai has disregarded Wolf as a thing. If anything, he's saying he's already done with reviving veterans (not mentioning Mewtwo, and directly stating the one Brawl vet, one Melee vet, one newcomer pattern, as if it has been complete.), and what's worse, the ones considered very unlikely by most (I remember a DLC possibility tier list thing, Lucas, Roy and Ryu are either near the bottom or nonexistent, while Wolf is at the top) are the ones revived. Wolf, being one obvious choice from everyone's inspection, is not touched at all.

I wanted to look at the source by myself, but apparently the one site called "sourcegaming" has ironically provided no source to the original paragraph. Anyone have a source to the untranslated paragraph here?

Lucas was above Wolf in the Japanes polls, and was just below him in the Western polls. Wolf was over all more requested, but Lucas still had a lot of support.

Sourcegaming, a site which I write for, is @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's blog so if you have any questions pertaining to content found on it feel free to ask either of us.

Also, here's the reddit DLC poll results:

I think outside factors are going to stop Banjo, Bayonetta, Snake, and Shovel Knight from getting in, and Wolf's Japanese demand surpasses all of them. The main thing is that if you support Wolf, you should be voting and convincing others to vote.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/..._results_the_smash_bros_dlc_reddit_survey_is/

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This looks scary.

What paragraph are you talking about? If you are talking about the latest Famitsu column I can send you it. We transcribed it, and provide it upon request.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
K, voted Wolf for my 3rd time.

The Famitsu column. (I thought that's the only thing we're talking about right now?)
Sent you a PM.

If you know Japanese and would like to help us with translations, let me know.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nope, there's still 2 more slots in the games code
Trust me, I am well aware of those slots.

There is no reason to believe that those slots are characters that were worked on preballot as opposed to place holders for ballot characters.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
One more thing - If we do have pre-ballot charaters coming, of course he's not going to mention it. He's annoyed enough that all of his surprises get ruined, so why would he tell us there are more coming in an article? I doubt we'll hear about new characters until they're released - they want the hype.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When the Ryu leak came out it showed those 5 "Mario" slots. I'm almost positive those are reserved for pre ballot and now that Ryu, Roy, and Lucas have taken 3 of those 5 slots I'm even more positive. I have a good feeling there will be 2 more pre ballot characters and my guesses are Wolf and Snake.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Huh, as PushDustIn had kindly given me the whole paragraph, I started to find out something that doesn't feel right with the "fan service" paragraph, that it may be misinterpreted or what.

Of course, I don't really know Japanese much (I have tried learning Japanese grammar, but still relies on dictionary for terms), so I need PushDustIn himself to confirm that.

Be it misinterpreted or not, our votes will not be wasted. Soo....

brb bombing wolf votes

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I have no idea what Wolf's position is right now in terms of whether he's deemed likely or unlikely, the Famitsu column is confusing in regards to what it may entail for Wolf, but I will say at this point the main thing we have to rely on are Ballot votes, which I think we can all agree on.
...Now that I think about it, I don't remember if I voted for Wolf or not. Guess I'll do that now.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I have no idea what Wolf's position is right now in terms of whether he's deemed likely or unlikely, the Famitsu column is confusing in regards to what it may entail for Wolf, but I will say at this point the main thing we have to rely on are Ballot votes, which I think we can all agree on.
...Now that I think about it, I don't remember if I voted for Wolf or not. Guess I'll do that now.
Heh I've voted Wolf for 3 times already, each on different devices.

But whether my interpretation is proved correct or not, one thing is certain: Wolf is not planned before ballot and is not planned yet. So yeah, everyone vote plz.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Heh I've voted Wolf for 3 times already, each on different devices.

But whether my interpretation is proved correct or not, one thing is certain: Wolf is not planned before ballot and is not planned yet. So yeah, everyone vote plz.
Can't they just check your IP and then count it as one vote though? Or worst case scenario, disregard the whole vote entirely for illegitimacy.

Anyways, just voted. Hope it was not in vain.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Can't they just check your IP and then count it as one vote though? Or worst case scenario, disregard the whole vote entirely for illegitimacy.

Anyways, just voted. Hope it was not in vain.
There is 0 reason to think that would happen. 0. People are just making up hypothetical situations. If Nintendo wanted to lock your IP out after one vote they would, and it would be a heck of a lot easier than writing over your vote.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
You guys/girls think that pre-ballot is over?

Did you guys/girls forget this?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...s-3ds-files-more-stage-slots-also-discovered/

From this all im saying is that you guys/girls forgot about...

2 MORE EMPTY SLOTS THAT ARE LIKELY BEFORE BALLOT CHARACTERS!!!!!!!

So once again you all jump the gun its all over for wolf.
Doesn't the ballot end on October 3rd, anyway? It'd be weird if the development team didn't do anything from now until October. It's totally plausible to think that the development team can make Wolf and some other fighter while testing the tournament mode. We could still get Wolf/the other fighter by October.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Honestly, I'm remaining hopeful that Wolf is a planned pre-ballot character, but I'm still voting for him daily, just in case.

As for the slots, I'm not too sure. They could very well be either pre- or post-ballot. Hopefully pre-ballot though, because the more the merrier. Assuming they are pre-ballot, I'd love to see Wolf and a newcomer. That way, it'd be two Melee veterans, two Brawl veterans, and two Newcomers. However, one newcomer, two Melee veterans, and three Brawl veterans (Pyramid style) would be pretty cool, also (Lookin' at you @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy . I'm all for Snake, I just think he may be too unlikely at this point)

Top Bottom